Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insanity Workout: Anyone try it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

They are guys selling them on DoneDeal.ie, adverts . ie etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Finished Insanity and now onto P90X

The fitness and fat burn from Insanity are making P90 so much easier. Highly recommend it as a springboard into general fitness. After P90X is onto the Kettlebell and dead lifting... sculpted guns here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niallers3

Brilliant work out in week 5 and noticing major body differences. Would highly recommend if you have the willpower. You must commit 100% and follow the nutrition guide like its your bible.

Regarding the other two individuals who didnt answer your question at all. Both are right. A proper diet can lead to weight loss however a balanced diet and high performance workout will provide the results you are striving for much faster. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

I did Insanity up until the recovery week. i enjoyed it, but the weather got too hot where I am to be staying indoors doing such an intense workout. I enjoyed it, but I didnt actually lose any weight in the first month:(

In fairness, I didnt follow the diet plan very strictly, as I dont eat meat anyway...but with the intensity of the workouts I thought id still lose some weight.
    Is is the second month where you really notice the weight coming off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I am going to try this for the 60 days. I'm a smoker tho, but play hurling and other sports too, wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Did this for 4 weeks and ended up injuring my hip flexor playing football the same day as one of the workouts. Felt the fittest I'd ever been and was at my lowest weight since I was an early teenager.

I'm around 14 stone, broad built anyway and just under 6 foot. My goal is to get down to 12 and a half stone if possible through insanity, I won't be following the diet plan like a bible as I didn't first time and lost over a stone in weight within the first 4 weeks. As one of the recent posters has said, cut out fizzy drinks and replace with water and cut out junk food.

I've tried twice recently to get back into this workout and I'm away on holidays in 4-5 weeks time so time to get serious! Day one complete and I think I've sweat from every orifice known to man. Let's get to it.

I would assume doing any extra exercise like a jog in the evening is a bad idea seeing as though that's how I got injured in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Did this for 4 weeks and ended up injuring my hip flexor playing football the same day as one of the workouts. Felt the fittest I'd ever been and was at my lowest weight since I was an early teenager.

I'm around 14 stone, broad built anyway and just under 6 foot. My goal is to get down to 12 and a half stone if possible through insanity, I won't be following the diet plan like a bible as I didn't first time and lost over a stone in weight within the first 4 weeks. As one of the recent posters has said, cut out fizzy drinks and replace with water and cut out junk food.

I've tried twice recently to get back into this workout and I'm away on holidays in 4-5 weeks time so time to get serious! Day one complete and I think I've sweat from every orifice known to man. Let's get to it.

I would assume doing any extra exercise like a jog in the evening is a bad idea seeing as though that's how I got injured in the first place?
    Emmm foam rolling and mobility work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What kind of diet plan do they put you on?

I'm really thinking of ordering this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So what sort of food are you told to eat in the Insanity Diet plan

What are you not allowed to eat?

Does a cuppa tea go out the window then?

And can I ask,does the Insanity Challenge really make non fittness fanatical people get sick and puke in the 1st week??

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Depends on the person.
    I done it for a week, never really wanted it as a plan, its a great blow out session if dont fancy going to gym, thats the only time I use it, do one of the max interval sessions and mightnt go back to it for a week. Never got sick though.

• Advertisement

Oh and apart from a foam mat......do you need to buy any actual excercize equipment to do Insanity?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I've been doing Insanity videos recently although not following the program. I find it does work but the high impact level has left me with sore ankles. Giving it a week off now and doing more static bodyweight exercises instead.

See how I feel after next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I've been doing Insanity videos recently although not following the program. I find it does work but the high impact level has left me with sore ankles. Giving it a week off now and doing more static bodyweight exercises instead.

See how I feel after next Monday.

Foam roller your calves ...

Foam roller your calves ...

Do what now???:confused:

just google foam rolling. Tis a great job, do it the whole time now before exercise, used to have trouble with sore muscles and knots etc, but not now.

Is this a good price for Insanity,or can t be got for cheaper elsewhere?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9096819.htm

I "got it off a friend" so cant comment on price Im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

paddy147 wrote: »
    Is this a good price for Insanity,or can t be got for cheaper elsewhere?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9096819.htm

Try Adverts.ie or Donedeal. You don't need any equipment except a mat maybe plus gallons of water:-) I did it earlier this year and loved it - if you stick with it your fitness levels will go through the roof. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 makeithappen87

hey Guys have started my Insanity, p90x program with running. 11 weeks to half marathon, so I got a plan for doing exercises and do jogging. This is my second day.

How do you feel???

about my progress you can read here:
    http://elizasylwia.blogspot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jargarbo

Have done and dusted insanity and P90x last February as we had a biggest loser competition at work. I could honestly say I have lost 20kg to date. Insanity it is really hard but the best advice I could give is that if you think you're not gonna make it through the specific exercise stop... Take few breaths and once you recovered get back to it. In few days or weeks time you'll notice you'll be taking less breaks than before. Look at the guys in the video they have dine insanity but they still take breaks. Even Shaun T has to take breaks coz its really tough. I'm on my 2nd round of insanity and with the break I got despite doing rush fit.... Insanity kicks my butt again! Will be back with P90x again after I finish insanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

jargarbo wrote: »
    Have done and dusted insanity and P90x last February as we had a biggest loser competition at work. I could honestly say I have lost 20kg to date. Insanity it is really hard but the best advice I could give is that if you think you're not gonna make it through the specific exercise stop... Take few breaths and once you recovered get back to it. In few days or weeks time you'll notice you'll be taking less breaks than before. Look at the guys in the video they have dine insanity but they still take breaks. Even Shaun T has to take breaks coz its really tough. I'm on my 2nd round of insanity and with the break I got despite doing rush fit.... Insanity kicks my butt again! Will be back with P90x again after I finish insanity!

thats great, did you have much too lose?

thats great, did you have much too lose?

I'm from 102.7 kg now I'm 82 kg. Still got flabs... But I guess I just need to continue doing it. Don't want to be skinny as well that's why I have to do weights as well. Hopefully in few months time... I can come back here and say to everyone that I'm flab free and upload a before and after pix. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I did insanity last year. First week, I got shin splints and had to stop for a few days. Started it again and followed the diet plan as much as possible (very hard as i'm fussy eater) and I got to the final week before I literally ran out of energy and could not get past the warm up!

I started from 10 years of doing almost no exercise, with the odd stint in the gym and an unhealthy diet. Occasional drinker, non-smoker and was just turning 30. I tried again about a month later, but started off too hard and injured my back, which put me off it.

I have since rejoined the gym and plan to turn my shed into a work-out zone. Will be doing insanity there and will add to the collection with p90X and the Asylum dvd sets. All this and a juicer will surely save my temple. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I'm from 102.7 kg now I'm 82 kg. Still got flabs... But I guess I just need to continue doing it. Don't want to be skinny as well that's why I have to do weights as well. Hopefully in few months time... I can come back here and say to everyone that I'm flab free and upload a before and after pix. :)

Why do weights? By the look of the guys in the video, there all ripped with no talk of lifting weights, seems to be down to their workout.
    Ps fantastic job on 20kg. Big amount of weight. How long did it take to lose it?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Why do weights? By the look of the guys in the video, there all ripped with no talk of lifting weights, seems to be down to their workout.
    Ps fantastic job on 20kg. Big amount of weight. How long did it take to lose it?

If you bought the delux version there's a bonus DVD that he uses weights as well. So definitely those people in the video have used weights as well especially the bulky ones.

Thanks. I did count my calorie intake using my fitness pal and at the same time I counted my calories burned using heart rate monitor. Some say its not accurate but its better that I see something than completely guessing how much I burned. On my 3rd month I was 87 kg from June to august I'm down 5 kg... Only :( but that last bits are the hardest ones to get off. BTW..... I drank so much green tea as well!

• Advertisement

If you bought the delux version there's a bonus DVD that he uses weights as well. So definitely those people in the video have used weights as well especially the bulky ones.

Thanks. I did count my calorie intake using my fitness pal and at the same time I counted my calories burned using heart rate monitor. Some say its not accurate but its better that I see something than completely guessing how much I burned. On my 3rd month I was 87 kg from June to august I'm down 5 kg... Only :( but that last bits are the hardest ones to get off. BTW..... I drank so much green tea as well!
    Ah ya never see weights on the promo DVD's!! Keep up the good work.
    Word of warning on green tea.... Good as it is, don't overdo it. Can have bad effects on your white blood cells or something like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Because these programs aren't primarily about building/developing strength.

Because these programs aren't primarily about building/developing strength.

Yes and I was responding to the person who said they don't want to be skinny. I asked, why do you have to do weights to get a body like the "after" pics in the promo videos when all they seem to do I'd the insanity workout. Turns out ( and I didn't know ) they actually do weights at a later stage

Ah ya never see weights on the promo DVD's!! Keep up the good work.
    Word of warning on green tea.... Good as it is, don't overdo it. Can have bad effects on your white blood cells or something like that.

Thanks dtp. Will do. Have to do everything in moderation. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 riddle_diddle

Have seen several people ask about the diet plan and what foods are on it/not on it...but no replies to these questions!! Can anyone elaborate on the diet plan part??? I try to eat paleo but cheat the odd time :/

I really want insanity...id absolutely love to lose 2 stone by christmas...its a big ask esp when its mid October already but im willing to do the workouts everyday and stick to the plan. I play a lot of badminton during the week (3-4 nights a week) and walk 3-5km every second day so im hoping il have some level of fitness to start off...as from reading this thread, all accounts have it that this thing is tough!!!! if i lose the 2 stone il be at my target weight - which ive never reached!!! I think this could be the ticket though as I really want to tone legs abs and arms up!!! what a christmas present to myself that would be!!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamunify.com%2Fcast%2F__doc__%2FInsanity%2520Nutrition%2520Guide.pdf&ei=oalhUqPjAZH07AbFuoG4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGRXovnEp0p4z_qztMU-waViPEGyQ&sig2=dRTxgYZNWp2_LbLpHWip9g

That should get you the nutrition guide.

Having done most of the beachbody courses, i'd recommend you do a hybrid of P90X and Insanity. Insanity is ok for losing early easily lost weight e.g. someone quite heavy. However, P90X will get you in shape, great shape to be exact. I don't follow the food guide but I eat meals with the same stuff in them. For breakie it's scrambled eggs on their own, 4 eggs but only using one yoke. two bananas a day, protein after work, chicken and veg for dinners. NO spuds, pasta or bread, EVER. The weight will fall out you. When you get to the shape you want then go back on spuds and maybe eat some pasta before hard cardio e.g. a match but never bread as it's a useless food and does nothing for you. Always have meals prepared, don't go to work without a lunch packed, do a big shopping spree for the week and add fresh veg/fruit throughout. Make sure you don't do a really tough workout then eat a big feed of pasta after it. Pasta is a high energy food and ate BEFORE workouts not after. Be careful of things like that. Get your carbs from veg. Plenty of it. Plenty of vegetable soups e.g. Cully and Sully's vegetable if you don't have time but have the money. It's one of the best. None of that packet crap. If you can't grow it or kill it don't eat it.

I'll be honest though, it's tough, like VERY tough. You've got to be dedicated. No crap food, no beer, no snacks etc. Just get through it, hit your target then eat what you want but still exercising and you'll maintain it.

For the hybrid program it's body weights for most part e.g. push up, chin up, squats (apart from Wednesday which uses plenty of dumbbells). Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday is a good sweaty intense cardio however Thursday is light enough.

If you stick to it then the weight will fall out but don't kid yourself thinking that you'll be in the shape of your life after 1 round. You won't, trust me.

Anything else just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 k.janelle

do it!!! best workout i've done really. at least its not boring with different exercises every day. just expect to get sore very often. :P

Well, you don't get sore after the first two weeks but your sleeping will be better, your energy levels will be much higher and most of all you'll look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cindy11

It is 80 percent Nutrition and only 20 percent workout. All crash diets are quite bad for the body and the general well being.. A good nutritional programme will be focused on wellness, lower metabolic age, increase your lean body mass, lose body fat percentage, increase hydration level and lower visceral fat indicator..
    99.9 of people who are overweight are dehydrated..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kkod

Hi all :)
    I have just started insanity today..

I found the fitness test not too bad but I know ill have serious sessions ahead! In the last two years I have left my fitness and weight slip.. I would ideally like to lose 2 and a half stone. A bit wishfull thinking id say! I was hoping you would be able to give me any tips or advice so I can better my weight loss..

Much appreciated,
    Thanks guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kkod wrote: »
    Hi all :)
    I have just started insanity today..

I found the fitness test not too bad but I know ill have serious sessions ahead! In the last two years I have left my fitness and weight slip.. I would ideally like to lose 2 and a half stone. A bit wishfull thinking id say! I was hoping you would be able to give me any tips or advice so I can better my weight loss..

Much appreciated,
    Thanks guys :D

You HAVE too follow the diet! No booze,Fizzy drinks,sweets chocolate NOTHING! Weight will fall off then tho!

What you eat and when you eat is equally important. A few pointers:
    • Give up the bread and spuds. Useless foods. Opt for sweet potato instead, slice them, added garlic salt and rainbow pepper (from Tesco) and you're in heaven. No bread. It's crap. I used to take wholegrain wraps then I read the nutritional info and realised it was no good. It was 112 calories x 2 that I didn't need to consume. I now eat 'Burrito Bowls' after my workout which contain chicken/beef, 3 slices of red, green and yellow bell peppers each, 1/2 and onion, 4 sliced medium sized mushrooms, 1/2 clove of garlic, kidney beans, 1 chopped tomato (no insides I hate them) with salt, coriander and juice of a lime, sprinkle some cheese on it and add Tabasco Chipotle. Yum yum!!!
    • Eat wholegrains instead of refined foods e.g. wholegrain pasta, rice etc.
    • Don't do a workout then eat a huge feed of rice/pasta/potatoes. After a workout you want to get your carbs from veg such as peppers, onion, etc.
    • Eat smaller meals but more often (5-6).
    • ALWAYS have your food prepared as you'll not give in to cravings.
    • Have a good big cheat meal once a week. Devour what you want and don't feel bad. Have a beer with it too.

Most of all, do the workouts. I do P90X on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Insanity on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays. I found it much better for weight loss, getting in shape and getting lean. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Im really thimking of getting insanity promo looks greta and nothing but good reviews.

Here's the thing Im happy with my weight and struggle to put weight on I go the gym to bulk up which takes a while!! by doing insanity can I bulk up and see results?
    Im 5'11" and 12 stone

No insanity is for dropping weight, toning and getting lean. It's not for bulking. Do P90X if you want to get bigger.

I would like to get fit and toned but I would nt like to lose any weight is what I meant to say.I dont nessarily want to bulk up as Im happy with my weight just wouldnt like to lose any more!!!

would this be good you reckon?

Im the type of guy that I can eat want I want and never but weight on, and if I do too much cardo the weight flys off me which I hate!! cause I get very scrawy looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

benny79 wrote: »
    Im the type of guy that I can eat want I want and never but weight on, and if I do too much cardo the weight flys off me which I hate!! cause I get very scrawy looking

Eat more when you do cardio.

Mate if you seen what I eat Id put most big blokes to shame! :) my mates snap at how much I eat and put nothing on..

I would just like to get super fit/toned without losing size, maybe if i took protein shakes while doing the program looked at P90X but Insanity seems to have got the best reviews although it mighten be suited for what I want..

I would just like to get super fit/toned without losing size, maybe if i took protein shakes while doing the program looked at P90X but Insanity seems to have got the best reviews although it mighten be suited for what I want..

Protein shakes are supplements. They supplement your protein intake from food. They're not a magic potion for putting on muscle or making you more toned.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I find insanity good, I mix it with cycling training.
    I have been doing it maybe 3 to 4 times per week for the last month and I finding it good for my shoulders and definitely its helping my cardio for that type of exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mate if you seen what I eat Id put most big blokes to shame! :) my mates snap at how much I eat and put nothing on..

What would you normally eat then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I like insanity but just be careful of your joints. If you feel a pain in your ankle, knee or hip don't compound it day after day. It can be heavy on them, especially when your tired or pushing hard.

What would you normally eat then?
    I mean I have a really big appetite!

I mean I have a really big appetite!

Can you type out a typical days' intake...or is it top secret?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Can you type out a typical days' intake...or is it top secret?

I have a feeling you wont get a right answer to that, move on I think on that.

• Advertisement

what do you want me to say? morning cereal 10 am toasted sambo, lunch omlette + chips(varies) 6pm dinner varies mash veg meat, pasta dish, pizza etc then a snack in evenin cud be anything scramble eggs toastly,, and some days I would have 2 dinners if I called home and dinner was on then head to my own house and the misses had dinner ready..

you are going off topic! I only asked could I do insantly see benefits without losing weight?

Advertisement