Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5E5 - Kill the Boy - HAVE READ the books.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

BuzzFeed and that Comic Book Girl YouTube blogger did pieces on it R+L = J also. Plus there's nothing to Stop viewers from looking up theories on other forums and spoiling themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

There been a good few online articles now "speculating" on R+L = J since the few hints in the recent episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,168 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I like Brienne still in the books, I am not a fan of TV show Brienne, this season so far has made me really dislike her.

Every time she says the line "by the old gods and the new" I want to shove a smelly sock in her mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

duploelabs wrote: »
    Every time she says the line "by the old gods and the new" I want to shove a smelly sock in her mouth
    I was really looking forward to seeing the whole Brienne / Lady Stoneheart / Jamie conundrum played out on the show but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Mickeroo wrote: »
    R + L = J was also publicised in a load of newspapers and magazines last season.

It would be a welcome change IMO if they revealed this theory in season 5. GRRM is seriously just dragging the arse out of Jon's parentage at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

FFS, somebody kill Grey Worm ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just looking at the map posted in the non readers thread, and it makes no sense for Jorah and Tyrion to sail past Valarya on their way to Danaerys.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just looking at the map posted in the non readers thread, and it makes no sense for Jorah and Tyrion to sail past Valarya on their way to Danaerys.

From what I know of the map of ESSOS and form reading the books, they went from Pentos to the Royne river, sailed south to the sea and then sailed east, and around but within sight of the doom and smoking sea.

Is that right?

In the show are they just pretending that the Royne goes through Valeryia straight to slavers bay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Didn't they make out that they only went through Valaryia because there was less chance of meeting pirates? They didn't actually have to go that way.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Didn't they make out that they only went through Valaryia because there was less chance of meeting pirates? They didn't actually have to go that way.

ya, but I think in the books there is no safe way through as their could still be volcanic eruptions there. The sea around it is described as bubbling and boiling isn't it?

I didn't mind the change much.

But thats not how I pictured Valyria, I pictured more of a Pompeii type setting, all ash and broken buildings. Not fog and vine covered buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think now Tyrion and Jorah have no boat they are likely to meet up and share a boat with another group of travelers heading to Danaerys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I think now Tyrion and Jorah have no boat they are likely to meet up and share a boat with another group of travelers heading to Danaerys

Oh yes.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Oh yes.

I do not think it will be Griff & co.

Not if they gave Jorah Greyscale in place of Jon Con.

If they get a lift it will be from Slavers or Pit fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Bleeuuuuuurgh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭PIORUN

yes if they get a life now it will be by slavers who will bate the ****e out of Jorah and use Tyrion as a prank monkey on the way to Danerys

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Turtyturd wrote: »

I believe that the map used in the opening credits of the show doesn't have the former peninsular that contained the Freehold stretch as far south as the book maps do.

So the actual city of Valyeria is probably on the mainland (or just off it) in the show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I was thinking more of the Martell's

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It seemed like they were on the sea rather than a river to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jorah is now permanently known as Ser Friendzone in our house, it never fails to get a laugh for whatever bizarre reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,168 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jorah is now permanently known as Ser Friendzone in our house, it never fails to get a laugh for whatever bizarre reason :)

Sailing on his friend-ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

another script in Ep 5 like Ep 4, revealing a plot that Jon Snow could be Targaryen after all:

Samwell Tarly (ST) talking with Aemon Targeryan (AT) regarding a bird message about Daenerys

ST: She is quite a woman
    AT: And she's alone undersiege, no family to guide her and protect her, the last relation thousands of miles away, useless, dying
    ST: Dont say that Maester Aemon
    AT: A targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing..

Jon Snow appears, camera focuses on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

leonil7 wrote: »
    another script in Ep 5 like Ep 4, revealing a plot that Jon Snow could be Targaryen after all:

Samwell Tarly (ST) talking with Aemon Targeryan (AT) regarding a bird message about Daenerys

ST: She is quite a woman
    AT: And she's alone undersiege, no family to guide her and protect her, the last relation thousands of miles away, useless, dying
    ST: Dont say that Maester Aemon
    AT: A targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing..

Jon Snow appears, camera focuses on him.

Nice spot.... It was when I pointed it out on the first page of this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone else think its weird that people who get Greyscale in Westeros are rounded up and brought to old Valarya? I mean how do the people capturing and transporting them avoid getting infected? Didnt Stannis say they wanted to send Shireen there? Its a bit odd that they dont just kill them and burn them like any plague.

And yes in the books Valarya is a place on the horizon that still glows red and no sailors go near it, not a place you casually sail through in a boat. Wonder if thats a sign that GRRM doesnt intend having any characters travel there for whatever reason in future books.

Thargor wrote: »
    Wonder if thats a sign that GRRM doesnt intend having any characters travel there for whatever reason in future books.

Good, I'd rather see someone go to Asshai anyways...

Advertisement