Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Was in ashbourne today and saw the sony smart bdps1200 cek blu-ray player for €49. Offer ends on 22/5

img_20150421_11140953u6f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco Douglas selling multipacks (7 x 24g bags) of Hula Hoops Sour Cream and Chive flavour for 62 cent. Presume they're being discontinued there. In the regular crisp aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

daytob wrote: »
    Was in ashbourne today and saw the sony smart bdps1200 cek blu-ray player for €49. Offer ends on 22/5

img_20150421_11140953u6f.jpg

I have this Sony smart blu ray player and it's a nice bit of kit. Have it working with Netflix and BBC iPlayer but doesn't have the RTE Player app as that is only available on Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

V1llianous wrote: »
    I have this Sony smart blu ray player and it's a nice bit of kit. Have it working with Netflix and BBC iPlayer but doesn't have the RTE Player app as that is only available on Samsungs.

It's not WiFi though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

A Disgrace wrote: »
    It's not WiFi though, is it?

No it isn't but I have it beside my router so that's not an issue to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

We got a Sony BluRay similar enough to that and we basically use it as a media player with a hard drive plugged into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

V1llianous wrote: »

Could you tell us how you got BBC iPlayer on it? I have the exact same model

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought I player blocked in IRL unless using a gb proxy ip??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

SIRREX wrote: »
    Could you tell us how you got BBC iPlayer on it? I have the exact same model

Reset the primary and secondary DNS channels with UK settings.
    Google how to do it- there are even you-tube videos that step you through it.

Its normally done for other reasons (such as to get the US version of Netflix for example).

Personally I find the menu system cumbersome- I don't like the big list of available video streams- the labeling is crap- and if you're looking for something specific you may have to open several possibilities before you hit on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

a lot of sauces and marinades on clearance in Kildare - I presume its other stores too.

Part of the continued reduction in the number of lines / sizes being carried. (Tesco are reducing number of product variants stocked by over 20%)

Everything from Heinz Tomato Ketchup (small size), levi roots sauces and sauce versions of McElhinney's Tabasco and others.

All were half price or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco UK are using deals sites now. You can also use it in the North or tesco direct.
    Hopefully, hopefully, Tesco Ireland will have the same notion
    http://www.mightydeals.co.uk/Products/Gadgets-Gifts/National/Tesco-10-for-5-Voucher/57330

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco UK are using deals sites now. You can also use it in the North or tesco direct.
    Hopefully, hopefully, Tesco Ireland will have the same notion
    http://www.mightydeals.co.uk/Products/Gadgets-Gifts/National/Tesco-10-for-5-Voucher/57330

Parcel Motel maybe?

I see there's Beat by Dre there for £23.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Parcel Motel maybe?

I see there's Beat by Dre there for £23.

Probably fake id say.

Delivery is £7 to parcel motel also...

Tesco Maynooth

Heinz Tomato Ketchup - 300ml / 340grm at 99c
    Tesco Finest Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Marinade 270ml at 1.20
    Lea and Perrins Tangy Tomato and Worcester Sauce- 325grm at 1.20
    Heinz Tangy and Moreish Sweet Chilli 260grm at 85c
    Grey Poupon Old Style Mustard 210grm at 1.10
    Colmans American Style Hot Dog Mustard 265grm at 1.15

Loads and loads of other marinades and sauces- all 50% or more off

Some stuff discounted in dairy like Danone Danacol- was 4.99 now 2.49 (end of line- but with best before dates at least 2 weeks in the future)

Looks like the number of lines being carried is being guillotined massively.

Cereal- Kellogs Rice Crispies 400grm at 3.00
    Cereal- Kellogs Rice Crispies 700grm at 3.34

With the Rice Crispies- they are advertising the 400grm at 3.00 all over the place- with stacks of it as you walk in etc- the 700grm boxes are hiding on a small shelf space in the cereal aisle with no fanfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I had forgotten about it........
    Yes- its the same stuff.........
    In the US they used be posh condiments.
    The add that they're taking the piss out of in Wayne's World is here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Tesco Maynooth

Heinz Tomato Ketchup - 300ml / 340grm at 99c
    Tesco Finest Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Marinade 270ml at 1.20
    Lea and Perrins Tangy Tomato and Worcester Sauce- 325grm at 1.20
    Heinz Tangy and Moreish Sweet Chilli 260grm at 85c
    Colmans American Style Hot Dog Mustard 265grm at 1.15

Loads and loads of other marinades and sauces- all 50% or more off...
    In Claremorris:
    Loyd Grossman sauces (Indian and Thai sauces) all 50% off
    Tesco Finest Sundried Tomato Pesto Rosso 190g HALF PRICE Was 3.29 Now 1.64
    Tesco Finest Pesto Alla Genovese 190g HALF PRICE Was 3.29 Now 1.64
    Maille Dijon Original Mustard 540g -50% off, €1.71 in store but still showing full price online (€3.64) so maybe store-specific or a pricing mistake.

I searched for some of the others The_Conductor mentioned online and they are not shown, if they are being discontinued maybe will go to 75% off next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Love these tomatoes,

Bought 8 tins yesterday, usually about 1.09

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260691606

I had forgotten about it........
    Yes- its the same stuff.........
    In the US they used be posh condiments.
    The add that they're taking the piss out of in Wayne's World is here:
    Then there's the version with the lost footage...

• Advertisement

leck wrote: »
    Then there's the version with the lost footage...

I know its completely off topic- how the hell did the 'aristocrat' in the first add morph into the driver in the different version? Also- it looks like Wayne's World got the same actor to pose for their piss take......

Back on-topic- I'm going to do another little trawl to Tesco Maynooth/Lucan today- and see if there are any more marinades. I've a soon to be 4 and 5 year old- so the amount of ketchup and everything else we go through is staggering. Of special interest- anything with Paprika in it- they're definitely my kids! Yesterday I cleared the shelf of cut-price Heinz ketchup (@99c)- I got 3 cases of 10 units each. Thats our gardening sorted too- the Heinz seeds promotion is still open.

The annoying thing with the sauces/marinades on clearance- is they are scattered all over the store- they are in 7-8 different locations- none of which include the aisle that sauces/marinades are normally on.

For those lucky enough to find them- Hostess Twinkies are also EOL'ed (along with Lucky Charms and other high sugar crap). Why they ever carried them is beyond me- but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Tesco New Ross have all ketchup, brown sauce and marinades on the one aisle. I picked up a few Tabasco odd ones, we don't eat much ketchup but some of it was really cheap.

Never found the American food in New Ross, as himself spent time there and would love some, may pop in today, I have toilet roll vouchers to be used by the end of the day from the old magazine.

Also, the new magazine has a 2 euro voucher off Radler bottles, currently 7.50, well they were yesterday in Ross, showing as 7 here,

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=282796582

Tesco Ashbourne. Saw these behind the cs area. cba to check and write down each phone and price but check the picture. Might be worth checking if your local one is doing the same deals or similar.
    img_20150426_103259qbq6s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Are those Belkin chargers and stuff down the bottom on any kind of offer?

nah think they were 29.99 or some fluff like that :eek:

Seve OB wrote: »
    Are those Belkin chargers and stuff down the bottom on any kind of offer?

34.99 Tesco Lucan
    The only thing of any real interest there is the tablet- and even at its reduced price its only 'meh' value.

daytob wrote: »
    Tesco Ashbourne. Saw these behind the cs area. cba to check and write down each phone and price but check the picture. Might be worth checking if your local one is doing the same deals or similar.
    A pet peeve with me is when they put those big yellow clearance stickers on the packaging. First it ruins the packaging so looks ugly if you want to gift the item and secondly they never seem to mark them down any lower. It also makes it very easy for everyone to spot them so makes it harder to find any hidden bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

the 9 looks like a g.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

doing the alcatel pop phone + alcatel one touch tablet for 99 euro at the moment, think its online only

• Advertisement

Panicked as I couldn't find this Tesco Bargains thread. It had dropped to Page 3!

Still lots of the half price sauces and marinades around. Today I stocked up on the Tesco Finest tinned cherry tomatoes for 49c each.

Also last week noticed sign for Ben & Jerry Minter Wonderland for €1.54 but none on shelf. Today I found two. This was in Claremorris, not sure if they are still available elsewhere. Showing at €6.60 on the website. Also noticed that the 4pk of Magnum in Almond, Caramel, Classic and White are €1.99. The others have been at that price recently, but I don't think I've seen the Caramel at that price before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement