Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm living in fairyland today. I have a mild cold but I'm weak as a kitten this morning. Feel a bit stoned if I'm honest.

Someone from another community I post on has gotten a bit annoying. I keep getting PMs with updates on her life (don't know her from Adam). I made the mistake of suggesting she check out something and this morning I have an inbox full of PMs with stupid questions about the something that 2 minutes reading or googling could have answered. Seriously considering turning off my PMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Love the images of me looting in Paris (give it a few months and that'll probably happen :pac:) and being a giant tree and getting the College's seal of approval :D Unfortunately mooting isn't *quite* as exciting as all that, it's some buzz though. Even if researching the first problem is a nightmare it gets easier each time. I had to moot for college but I also took part in a national competition at the last minute where I had to do a whole moot in less than a day (it was probably the most pressure I've ever been under!) and that was an amazing experience which really helped when my college moot eventually rolled around. Plus how many second year undergrads can say they've appeared in front of two Supreme Court judges and got personallly complimented and encouraged by them? :D So yeah, much as I complained about it at the time mooting is actually class.

I'm going to Dublin today! :D My friends and I are going out for dinner tonight and I'm staying up so I can study in the library tomorrow too. Ah, I do love being in Dublin so very much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In the hairdressers getting my hair done, finally!! And the guy doing my colour is so gentle, he's not reeding the head off me like they generally do trying to get in at the roots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Rainy horrible day :(

I was watching Supersize V Superskinny last night, and decided to throw out all the junk food I bought earlier on. Bit of a waste of money but I'm glad I did, I definitely did not need a whole tub of B&Js and three Kinder Buenos!

Alas, it seems the amount of work I have to do is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend on Boards, whining about all the work I have to do :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

managing to actually wake up on time, but still feeling really tired :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My umbrella just got blown inside out. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Y'all know the way I gave away the kitten to boy next door in January and he brought her to his home house?

They brought her to get fixed and she was already pregnant so technically the cat got an abortion......dunno how to feel about that tbh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Horrible rainy day here too. Hopefully it'll clear up enough for me to go for a walk at some stage later today. Once it's not actually raining I don't really mind. :rolleyes:

My brother has a half day from school today, he's delighted about that. :)

I'm going to a musical tonight with a couple of neighbours/friends. It's in the Dunamaise Theatre and it's put on by the TY's at my secondary school and I'm actually really looking forward to it. :D

Need to straighten my hair and get some food soon. I've actually been awake since 10am just lying in bed thinking. :confused:

And Rolo the chipmunk just popped out from underneath his little bed as if to say "Hi Mammy, give me food!" He's now filling up his little cheek pouches with little nuts and seeds, the cuteness! :D:o

Edit: SarahBeep! that's actually very common unfortunately, lots of young cats are brought in for spay and it's discovered that they're actually pregnant. If she was very small it might have been dangerous for her to actually deliver kittens tbh. She'll be right as rain in a couple of weeks once she has her stitches out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Y'all know the way I gave away the kitten to boy next door in January and he brought her to his home house?

They brought her to get fixed and she was already pregnant so technically the cat got an abortion......dunno how to feel about that tbh!!

That's done quite a bit with cats, if it's a very early pregnancy they still spay them.
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I've actually been awake since 10am just lying in bed thinking. :confused:

I woke up at 7.30 from a bad dream about work, so am now in a bad mood for the day, fun :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got a rotten headache :( have to take my young lady to the gps in 20 mins, they are going to give her antibiotics and the nurse will see if it needs a dressing... eye test booked for tomorrow evening...

I want to go back to bed..

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    That's done quite a bit with cats, if it's a very early pregnancy they still spay them.

I woke up at 7.30 from a bad dream about work, so am now in a bad mood for the day, fun :/

Technically they can still spay even if it's full term, I've seen it done once or twice because the owner had no idea the cat was pregnant and didn't want the kittens. Not nice. I felt like crying watching it. :(

I hate waking up from bad dreams. Oh I've just remembered that I was dreaming about cheesecake last night. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just got flowers delivered to my office from a guy I've been on a couple of dates with :D

The bad news is, I'm not really sure how much I like him :(

And Rolo the chipmunk just popped out from underneath his little bed as if to say "Hi Mammy, give me food!" He's now filling up his little cheek pouches with little nuts and seeds, the cuteness! :D:o

)

I would so love a chipmunk! saw them in the pet shop around 5 years ago but my husband wouldn't let me have them :(

My 12 year old wants a hamster and he wont let her have one :(

I love animals! are your chipmunks friendly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Technically they can still spay even if it's full term, I've seen it done once or twice because the owner had no idea the cat was pregnant and didn't want the kittens. Not nice. I felt like crying watching it. :(

Yeah I know but generally it's a bit more acceptable if it's an early pregnancy, never actually knew a vet that would do it that late tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I have no motivation to study. And exams are starting next week :( Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

mariebeth wrote: »

LOL mine start tomorrow and I'm sitting here in my pj's looking at menu plans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Same here! And why am I so tired after getting 8 hours sleep last night? Everytime I look outside I just want to go home! :o

Lucyfur wrote: »
    swapple wrote: »
    Same here! And why am I so tired after getting 8 hours sleep last night? Everytime I look outside I just want to go home! :o

It's getting chronic at this stage! We need to motivate each other....Study or....fail :o

Just want to curl up in bed with the bf for the day...except he's an hour away and I won't see him until after the exams. Booo! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Went to the doctor today to get a second opinion on an injury. 4yrs since it happened. We were talking about it and I had said it gets me down. He went typing out a letter to send off. He came back after making a phone call to a different doctor that had all the flies. They went to the wrong doctor. So he came back said all the flies were been sent down. He started to ask how I felt and I just started to cry Because the injury gets me down alot.

He on to typing and said i'm depressed due the injury I have and I should the been brought in for an assessment before and during the court case.

Not a good day so far. Have to get the tablets yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Just had really bloody tough interview. They asked loads of very specific, technical questions and covered areas that weren't even on the job spec. Gah! It lasted well over an hour and I'm actually bloody wrecked now. My hands are shaking!

• Advertisement

I would so love a chipmunk! saw them in the pet shop around 5 years ago but my husband wouldn't let me have them :(

My 12 year old wants a hamster and he wont let her have one :(

I love animals! are your chipmunks friendly?

I just have the one chipmunk. The other one died unfortunately last year, don't know what happened to him. To answer your question though, I find them really friendly. They're very fast though. I let him out to run around on my bed and it can be a job to catch him to put him back in. The one that died did bite me a couple of times but Rolo hasn't, he's lovely and gentle. :D I've never had a hamster but they're very cute. :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yeah I know but generally it's a bit more acceptable if it's an early pregnancy, never actually knew a vet that would do it that late tbh.

Yeah that's true. I don't like saying it but the type that these owners were the kittens were likely to "disappear" anyway.. :(

cena, hope you're okay. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Also, can I just swoon about the boy next door for a little minute?? :P
    So cute and funny and friendly and easy to be with *swoon*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Lucyfur wrote: »
    swapple wrote: »
    EmilyO wrote: »
    It's getting chronic at this stage! We need to motivate each other....Study or....fail :o

Just want to curl up in bed with the bf for the day...except he's an hour away and I won't see him until after the exams. Booo! :(

ive been in bed til now i couldnt bear to get out of it!!

my exams start tomorrow i need to cop on to myself and do some work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Studying just isn't happening for me. I'm in bed watching foodie programmes online and eating all the chocolate I can find in the house! :pac: Can't wait 'til Tuesday when these exams end and I can do this guilt-free. :)

I just have the one chipmunk. The other one died unfortunately last year, don't know what happened to him. To answer your question though, I find them really friendly. They're very fast though. I let him out to run around on my bed and it can be a job to catch him to put him back in. The one that died did bite me a couple of times but Rolo hasn't, he's lovely and gentle. :D I've never had a hamster but they're very cute. :)

Yeah that's true. I don't like saying it but the type that these owners were the kittens were likely to "disappear" anyway.. :(

cena, hope you're okay. x

Thanks. I hope I well be. Getting sent off to get looked at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

EmilyO wrote: »
    Rainy horrible day :(

I was watching Supersize V Superskinny last night, and decided to throw out all the junk food I bought earlier on. Bit of a waste of money but I'm glad I did, I definitely did not need a whole tub of B&Js and three Kinder Buenos!

Alas, it seems the amount of work I have to do is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend on Boards, whining about all the work I have to do :rolleyes:

You threw it all out?!?!?! :(:mad::( I definitely do need a whole tub of B&Js and three Kinder Buenos! :P
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    Just had really bloody tough interview. They asked loads of very specific, technical questions and covered areas that weren't even on the job spec. Gah! It lasted well over an hour and I'm actually bloody wrecked now. My hands are shaking!

Maybe just trying to see how you deal with unexpected things and workng under pressure? Hopefully you did better than you think and they'll get back to you soon!

Susie_Q wrote: »

Last time I got asked stuff I didnt know the guy said "don't worry, you actually seem to know more than most of the other candidates, I wanted to see how far that went"

I'm sure you did great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks guys. Had to make super sugary tea right after as I was shaking like a mad thing. Bit annoyed now, I don't think it went very well. Taking a detour on my way home to the only decent bakery in town - it's emergency cake time.

You threw it all out?!?!?! :(:mad::( I definitely do need a whole tub of B&Js and three Kinder Buenos! :P

I did, I'm sorry! Should have offered it to tLL first! It was for my own good though, eating my body weight in junk food won't make studying any easier :( And SvS just made me feel really bad about eating it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have on a red wrap dress today. When I was getting dressed I failed to notice that one of the ties was hanging by a thread. Said thread snapped as I went to a meeting earlier. So now I'm stapled and paper-clipped into my dress.

Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'd left the immerision on:( the worst thing is I have no idea how long it was on for, don't think I went near it yesterday so it could have been on for days. Not looking forward to the next bill.

Orla K wrote: »
    I'd left the immerision on:( the worst thing is I have no idea how long it was on for, don't think I went near it yesterday so it could have been on for days. Not looking forward to the next bill.

I found out that they cost alot to use. We used to have in on for 48hrs in a row. on for seven days a weeks. Hardly use it not got the bill down from 300 to 60 euro give or take

I've gotta pack my bags for my trip to London now, kinda excited but procrastinating too :p

put on a wash monday night, some of the clothes still aren't dry though, and I'd like to take some of the T-shirts with me. hopefully they'll be ok tomorrow and I can just stuff them in the bag quick, but it's kinda annoying 'cos I need to decide what T-shirts I want each day :p I'm so particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Orla K wrote: »

ah the immersion, my shower in the new house is immersion heated and it SUCKS, I havent lived somewhere with an immersion since our family house years ago. Having to wait to shower is a pain in the hole, its not so bad now cos the heating heats it as well but in the summer when we're not using it its gonna suck, stupid archaic plumbing.

I gotta say, I am really, really adoring Deus Ex: Human Revolution. what a game! :D

kinda wonder how far off such augmentation technology actually is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    I gotta say, I am really, really adoring Deus Ex: Human Revolution. what a game! :D

kinda wonder how far off such augmentation technology actually is?

well robotic arms and the like are sort of here just not as advanced. The music in that game is amazing as well.

krudler wrote: »
    ah the immersion, my shower in the new house is immersion heated and it SUCKS, I havent lived somewhere with an immersion since our family house years ago. Having to wait to shower is a pain in the hole, its not so bad now cos the heating heats it as well but in the summer when we're not using it its gonna suck, stupid archaic plumbing.

why dont you get a timer on it

krudler wrote: »
    well robotic arms and the like are sort of here just not as advanced. The music in that game is amazing as well.

yeah, I guess so

the music is definitely great! I loved that you could hear little bits from the original's theme from ipods in game. loved that theme, it's a bit of an ear-worm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCk8ByyCsks

that was really, really one of my favourite games ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

We have a new patient in work who's from the Congo. I was chatting to him yesterday about where I was from etc and he said "So Irish people are whiter in skin colour than English people then? I never knew that before"

:o No, that's just me!

Have an essay thats due tonight for my evening class in counselling. It's been a really busy few weeks for me and I've just finished it. Was really pleased with myself till I looked at the course handbook again and realised I've gone way off-topic I think:( It's one of those topics that's so broad you have to pick out bits to focus on and I've somehow just drifted further and further away from the point. The whole thing was done in 4 hours flat though so no editing time. I may have to rewrite, but that's fine, if a little embarassing.

Fecking presentation on midlife crises to do next week for it, which I'm dreading. I've made it more fun by using American Beauty to illustrate my points though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Just got an email saying I got a First in mooting, FÚCKYEAH :D:D:D Doing well in mooting is probably more than of a boost than doing well in anything else, just because it's such a law-specific thing. Unbelievably happy with that :D

Ya mean like this?
    Many_ents.png

PS. Congrats...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So a few weeks ago I was wearing sandals and summery tops. Today it's boots and snuggly jumper. What is going on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Just back from iPad meeting at the school, estimated cost to parents 850.00 euro. Needs to have over 80% acceptance rate, our replys are to be in by Friday and if it gets the go ahead they want 420.00 by the end of may but you can buy your own.

I asked whether a teacher can look at the kids iPad. View their personal content and I was told no.

Quite happy with how the meeting went...

I hope they're not proposing iPads only. Was that mentioned?

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I hope they're not proposing iPads only. Was that mentioned?

Yes, only ipads! No e-readers or androids or kindle. they say ipads are more interactive unlike the e readers and kindle. They also say teachers are more familure with the IOS on an ipad and that it is simple to use. They aim for the kids to do more research based study using the Internet. The ebooks we buy for the ipad will have a 3 year licence and if any are updated in that time the update is free.

I dropped in my reply slip to say i was okay with my child using an ipad and that i didnt need them to buy it for me and me to pay them. I said we already owned one.

I asked how the other slips were coming back and they said everyone but mine said yes to the ipad and yes to them buying it and the parents buying off the school, they want the €420 before the end of may. I dont know where they are getting €420 from they are €399 on the apple store for ipad 2s and thats what they will be buying, i know i asked the question.

We intend to give our daughter our ipad and further down the line buy an ipad 3 or by the time we get to that im sure there will be an ipad 4. That will save us 420 euro but not everyone is in the position we are in so they came up with a solution, the local credit union has agreed to give all the parents that need a loan for the ipad and ebooks a loan, with generous terms and conditions and little interest..... havent inquired about that...

It sounds shocking at first, but schoolbooks with all their constant new additions do add up, don't they? If you were buying the ipad new, do you think you'd be saving money?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Semele wrote: »
    We have a new patient in work who's from the Congo. I was chatting to him yesterday about where I was from etc and he said "So Irish people are whiter in skin colour than English people then? I never knew that before"

:o No, that's just me!

I lol'd at that. I feel your pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Had new passport photos done. Look like an axe murderer. Think I'll have to get them redone.... Not for vanity you understand, more to prevent me being stopped in airports to be questioned about crimes for the next ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have realised I've got a problem. There be a boy I'm friends with, have only really met him once or twice but talk to online every day, or almost that. He came into my workplace for an interview earlier.... apparently me thinking I have a crush on him has been upgraded to definitely having a crush on him.... and he starts Saturday.

bluewolf wrote: »
    It sounds shocking at first, but schoolbooks with all their constant new additions do add up, don't they? If you were buying the ipad new, do you think you'd be saving money?

That im not sure of, think €850 is steep but over 3 years it might well be less than buying new books each year. She will still need pens/paper the ipad does offer an interactive side and i think that anything that is interactive is easier to learn from. also you have the added benefits of having a dictionary at hand, if she doesn't know what a word means she just has to click on define rather than look through her bag find a dictionary and look through it.

I know it has pros and cons, but knowing my daughter she would be more eager to get hold ipad than a book and the interactive features she could play around with rather than throw the book down if she is frustrated and doesn't understand something. The learning aspect will be great when there homework revolves around search the web for information rather than copying it from a book. They will be taught how to do presentations to the class via the ipad, the techniques they will be using are used by college students.

As i said pros and cons, but i do believe its a step in the right direction but we wont know the full beifits until 2015

I'm starting to wonder if there's such a thing as too much piercings

I'm also procrastinating terribly and not sorting my bags :o

:eek: I think that's too many piercings tbh IMO..

Just found a game on Facebook called The Hunger Games Adventures.. Uh oh. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement