Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

stevire wrote: »
    I paid $177 on dealsprime for the "Deluxe Package", just has a few nice little extras. If you buy it off an authorized reseller you will get a replacement if you have a unit with dead pixels....

Another NO NO as far as I am concerned!! Dealsprime is just Chinagrabber operating under a different name, Chinagrabber are an absolute disaster if you run into any problems as they will just not want to know. Best of luck with it but I would not buy ANYTHING from Chinagrabber (or any of their other trading names, Gadgetgreats, IG8 etc.).

They regularly put crap about being 'an authorised reseller' etc on their website but if you check with the manufacturers there is usually no such thing!!! They will promise the sun, moon and stars to get your money (pre-orders is a favourite of theirs, but then they keep pushing back the delivery dates or offering you a different model, which is invariably either a bit dearer or substantially inferior to what you ordered).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

vicwatson wrote: »
    Their returns policy suck though, if there is a problem with it you have to pay to have it shipped back to Hong Kong, that could be costly - http://dealsprime.com/return-policy.aspx

Cheers

I would not worry about their returns policy, or any of their other 'policies' as as soon as they have your money their policies go out the window. If you have a problem with your unit they will just fob you off and eventually stop replying to your emails, or they may send you to their sham forum (apad.tv) for help but when you start giving out about the unit (or them!!) they will just ban you and remove any posts you have made.

Steer clear and stay clear!!!

Actually just came across this, so can you see what to expect..................

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37932-ainol-7-fire-release-date-set-to-september-10th/page__p__416421__hl__dealsprime__fromsearch__1#entry416421

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would not worry about their returns policy, or any of their other 'policies' as as soon as they have your money their policies go out the window. If you have a problem with your unit they will just fob you off and eventually stop replying to your emails, or they may send you to their sham forum (apad.tv) for help but when you start giving out about the unit (or them!!) they will just ban you and remove any posts you have made.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37932-ainol-7-fire-release-date-set-to-september-10th/page__p__416421__hl__dealsprime__fromsearch__1#entry416421

Can you therefore recommend somewhere to buy one of these? legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You could try merimobiles 'facebook' coupon code should give you 5% off they used to offer yanwen shipping too which may be worthwhile ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Futeko

McBub

Futeko deliver from UK, So while the McBub version *might* pass customs undetected, Futeko is the full price.

LINK
    Will I have to pay tax / customs duty?
    We are located in the UK, which is a member of the European Union and therefore benefits from free movement of goods inside the EU. So any customers ordering from within the EU will have no import duty or any other taxes to pay. Customers ordering from outside the EU may have local taxes to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

eamonnq wrote: »

I paid via Paypal so any issues will be going through them. Not expecting too many issues, I realize there are problems in the Ainol factory with getting the units out so I'm willing to wait a few weeks for them to dispatch it.

That poster on slatedroid overreacted, there is obviously a limited amount of units coming from the Ainol factory in dribs and drabs. If you read further down the thread you can see that he has a tracking number and the item was dispatched??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Keeping an eye on this thread, as although I have a HP Touchpad, these seem to be a better product (HDMI out + SD card slot), so may pick one up to be used by the family.

I held off buying the Playbook. I'm kind of glad about it. It has good spec, but at €175, there are plenty more.
    I'm going to Purchase the Eken w70pro today. When i can find it at a better price.

It's lower model (Eken w70) Can be bought for around €45 delivered, depending on where you look.

But i want the (at least) 8GB and 1GB RAM version, and it's after going up in price on a few sites.. :( I should've got it, and then pottered over the Playbook.

The cheapest i can find it for now is €69 - €89.
    Going to look a little harder and will post back if i find it.

Or if anyone else knows somewhere at a better price, would love it if they'd post a link :D

Allyall wrote: »
    Futeko

McBub

Futeko deliver from UK, So while the McBub version *might* pass customs undetected, Futeko is the full price.

LINK

Cheers, I'm gonna wait a few weeks also in order for Ainol to get their Sh1t sorted out ! Cheers.

Got an email from Dealsprime:

Hello,

We are now waiting for the next batch of Ainol units to come in and it is expected at the end of the week.

You will receive an email notification with tracking as soon as it the unit ships.

Thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Dealsprime:

Hello,

We are now waiting for the next batch of Ainol units to come in and it is expected at the end of the week.

You will receive an email notification with tracking as soon as it the unit ships.

Thank you for your patience.

They are available now on Aliexpress - HERE

I choose EMS or UPS when i can, as DHL have some weird way of adding tax. (They have for me three different times, every time i questioned them. So i just stopped using them.)

For what it's worth, I usually choose UPS first, whatever way they ship sometime I don't have to pay any extra. But they are the more expensive option in this shop. Sometimes they can be the cheapest. Must be some deal the different stores do with the Shipping services. Some sort of rotation system?

Anyway, Ainol Fire is on sale now there. :)

EDIT. Just realised you already paid...

Never heard of Aliexpress - safe ????

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Alibaba is a huge marketplace mainly for asian sellers. Aliexpress is their idea of a secure market place where funds sit in escrow until your product is confirmed delivered. It's meant to make things safer.

I've used it a couple of times with no issue, just be very careful you select a reputable seller, not just the cheapest. Take some time to have a look at their seller ratings, same as you would on eBay. Your liable for customs when buying from the majority of Aliexpress sellers

Was about to reply, but saw Heathersonline did already. Same as what she said. :)

Similar marking system as ebay, they have medals, and diamonds..

There are plenty of scammers on it, and Alibaba themselves, do very little to help you (If anything at all), if you've been scammed.

Best thing to do is research the seller, and view their ratings.

THIS SELLER is probably a safer option, but the previous one has good ratings too, but only over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a Flame from this Aliexpress seller good price and good feedback rating over 3 years.

Claims to have the Flame in stock, but I've heard that story before so will just have to wait and see how quickly it is processed.

invest4deepvalue.com

FYI, it looks like all the gen1 models of the Fire have a major bug with the touchscreen not responding. No official response from Ainol but the rumor is that 40,000 tablets are affected and recalled:
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38064-big-setback-lost-touchscreen-input/page__st__40

I'd take that with a pinch of salt though because a lot of rumors floating around about these devices. Also, Fire = Chinese version, Flame = English Version (out Sept 12th.). The source code was released for the models so should make for some very good roms.

FYI, it looks like all the gen1 models of the Fire have a major bug with the touchscreen not responding. No official response from Ainol but the rumor is that 40,000 tablets are affected and recalled:
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38064-big-setback-lost-touchscreen-input/page__st__40

I'd take that with a pinch of salt though because a lot of rumors floating around about these devices. Also, Fire = Chinese version, Flame = English Version (out Sept 12th.). The source code was released for the models so should make for some very good roms.

Have cancelled my order now, Ainol seem to have lots of problems with touchscreens!

Thinking about the Cube U30GT instead, any comments?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Have cancelled my order now, Ainol seem to have lots of problems with touchscreens!

Thinking about the Cube U30GT instead, any comments?

I was looking at that the other day, I think it was because of the RK3066 (Same as in the Android stick posted HERE )

But i don't remember seeing the price that high. I'll check where i was looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

I bought the tablet mentioned by the OP. I have to say its great for the money, and I have a little chuckle to myself everytime I read the manual that came with it - long time!

Allyall wrote: »
    I was looking at that the other day, I think it was because of the RK3066 (Same as in the Android stick posted HERE )

But i don't remember seeing the price that high. I'll check where i was looking.

Was it the U30GT Mini that you were looking at? The mini is the 7" version at around US$135 but it only has a 3200mAh battery which is putting me off. The 10.1 version has a 7200mAh battery which should have much more life in it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

It may have been the mini, yes. I can't find the original page, the link that brought me there is gone.

My head is wrecked researching the different tabs available as my son's birthday is coming up soon and I need to get it ordered.

Thought about just getting him a Ainol Tornados or an Elf II but in the end I went ahead and ordered a Cube U20GT for the same price as the U30GT.

It's got a gorrila glass IPS 9.7" screen so it should hopefully stand up to a 9 year old! Although he is very good when using my touchpad.

It's got a 7600mAh battery so it should give good battery life. It's on ICS at the moment but Cube say it will have Jelly bean available very soon, they have already released Jelly Bean for their other current tabs.

From what I have read it has very good wifi strength which seems to be a failing with a lot of other tablets.

Only downside is that it doesn't have bluetooth which would have been handy for a headset for Skype but other than that it is very well spec'd.

There should be a custom rom available for it soon after the official JB firmware is released as there is a bunch of developers on tabfreaks.com who have been doing custom roms of all the JB Cube tabs so far.

invest4deepvalue.com

My head is wrecked researching the different tabs available as my son's birthday is coming up soon and I need to get it ordered.

Thought about just getting him a Ainol Tornados or an Elf II but in the end I went ahead and ordered a Cube U20GT for the same price as the U30GT.

It's got a gorrila glass IPS 9.7" screen so it should hopefully stand up to a 9 year old! Although he is very good when using my touchpad.

It's got a 7600mAh battery so it should give good battery life. It's on ICS at the moment but Cube say it will have Jelly bean available very soon, they have already released Jelly Bean for their other current tabs.

From what I have read it has very good wifi strength which seems to be a failing with a lot of other tablets.

Only downside is that it doesn't have bluetooth which would have been handy for a headset for Skype but other than that it is very well spec'd.

There should be a custom rom available for it soon after the official JB firmware is released as there is a bunch of developers on tabfreaks.com who have been doing custom roms of all the JB Cube tabs so far.

It should have USB host drivers installed with ICS, if so, then you can plug in a bluetooth dongle....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

i'm looking to bulk buy some entry level tablets for the primary school i'm, was recommended the eken w70 in another thread so i'm checking them out (they seem to ship from china though) but is there any other reasonably priced ones people would recommend?? would the original tablet be good for running educational apps??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bungaro79 wrote: »
    i'm looking to bulk buy some entry level tablets for the primary school i'm, was recommended the eken w70 in another thread so i'm checking them out (they seem to ship from china though) but is there any other reasonably priced ones people would recommend?? would the original tablet be good for running educational apps??
    thanks

The original one would be fine,very easy to install educational apps plus you can install an app that keeps kids safe from accessing stuff they aren't meant to see.Plus with the way people are watching the pennies,they don't cost the earth.

I hadn't realised it was for Primary school, (I probably didn't read correctly)

The Tablet in the Original Post should be good enough..

I got carried away, and was thinking more along the lines of installing different Operating Systems, and learning that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I see futeko are selling the novo fire/flame for £119 / €150. That's not far off what the Chinese sites are selling them for without chancing the taxes. They say it's because of some of the issues around the launch model, these should all be addressed in firmware updates soon

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB023.php

I went ahead and ordered a Cube U20GT

The U20GT arrived with DHL this morning, got collared for approx. €30 VAT and handling charge on it. :(

It's almost identical in appearance to the HP touchpad I already have, I wouldn't be surprised if they both use the same screen, it looks identical with the same back button and camera location. The U20GT case has of course lots more connections with a mini hdmi port and sd card slot.

The case is a good bit slimmer than the touchpads and as a result it feels lighter to hold but when I pop them both on a scales the the touchpad is 733 grams and the U20GT is 704 grams so not much in it.

Tried the official touchpad case I have and it fits the U20GT perfectly., might try to get one of those cheap ones from Amazon.

Appears to be working fine and no dead pixels, just checked it quickly and it works very smoothly with no lag and Youtube is working perfectly in the browser. Sound quality from the speakers is much better than the Touchpad.

It's supposed to be due to get a Jelly bean update at some point soon but I'm not that bothered now, ICS seems to be just fine on it.

Will put it away now until my son's birthday this day next month, I needn't have been panicking but I was giving myself plenty of time in case whatever I ordered would come by post, maybe should of waited for the 2nd. Gen Fire/Flame which would have been a fair bit cheaper but overall very happy with the U20GT.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

looking to buy one of these link down below or the one the op has added , il be using it for storing photos mostly , light web use mostly watching youtube and maybe download a sim game or two. which is the better option i dont want to spend to much money as most of the use will be when im on photo shoots and i have a laptop but to big to carry around. thanks

http://www.focalprice.com/CE0127X/MD708_70_Capacitive_5point_TFT_Touch_Screen_Android_403_Tablet_PC.html?Currency=EUR#.UE6QNLKPUb8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Spend a bit more

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

and be happy with your new toy

Advertisement