Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 22 - 3Arena - Sept 19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ballsy move from them holding it in that arena, especially considering they're small fries compared to Cage Warriors who were holding events in the Helix.

I would be very surprised if they even filled a quarter of the seats there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ballsy move from them holding it in that arena, especially considering they're small fries compared to Cage Warriors who were holding events in the Helix.

I would be very surprised if they even filled a quarter of the seats there.

Don't be daft, UFC sold out in less than an hour, thousands of new MMA fans in this country who will snap up tickets to this event, hungry to feed their insatiable appetite for MMA, probably all be sitting in their seats, waiting for Conor's fight :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Any idea of tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

but1er wrote: »
    Any idea of tickets?

No price as of yet but Three pre-sale starts on Monday. General sale on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pretty sure they'll just tarp off the top tier in the 3Arena for this.

They'll be hoping for 5,000.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Wow the main card of Duquesnoy vs. Loughnane is worth the admission price alone at these prices and knowing they will stack the card (to impress our market) I can see this being a great success.

Chris Fields vs Luke Barnett, I have a feeling they will want to try and match this up.

Nice little trailer on the 3arena page for those who are new to BAMMA.

They have a show in Birmingham tonight (13th June) the prelims are streaming live on the Lonsdale facebook page with the main event on SpikeTV (sky 160 for those who can get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

And their live show tv production is very good recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

mmapk wrote: »
    Chris Fields vs Luke Barnett, I have a feeling they will want to try and match this up.
    Barnatt was asked about the possibility of fighting Fields on that show and said on Twitter he's getting married a few weeks before the date and pretty much ruled himself out

• Advertisement

I forgot David Haye is involved with BAMMA.

3 Presale is on now but I keep getting offered the same tickets over and over again at the €48 range.

I wonder how many they actually offer to 3 customers before general sale because it seems quite limited.

What are the 48 euro tickets like??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

That_Guy wrote: »
    3 Presale is on now but I keep getting offered the same tickets over and over again at the €48 range.

I wonder how many they actually offer to 3 customers before general sale because it seems quite limited.

I never received a code!

Gonna go for a pair of the 20Euro tickets, top tier, very very high chance that they will not open that area due to ticket sales and will get a free upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any word on Chris fields Fighting again?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Any word on Chris fields Fighting again?

Chris Fields Vs Christopher Jacquelin added as co-main

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't be daft, UFC sold out in less than an hour, thousands of new MMA fans in this country who will snap up tickets to this event, hungry to feed their insatiable appetite for MMA, probably all be sitting in their seats, waiting for Conor's fight :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know. Why does there have to be new fans? Why can't MMA be an exclusive club, just for us?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I guess he means they arent new mma fans, just conor bandwagon fans/ big event junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Trying to get presale tickets now and it says on three that the tickets have been snapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

mmapk wrote: »
    Wow the main card of Duquesnoy vs. Loughnane is worth the admission price alone at these prices and knowing they will stack the card (to impress our market) I can see this being a great success.

Barnatt destroys fields in 2 rounds.

To be fair, its not looking a bad card for 25euros..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

where can you see the full match ups?

BAMMA Featherweight title: Tom DuQuesnoy vs. Brendan Loughnane

Middleweight: Chris Fields vs. Christopher Jacquelin

BAMMA Lonsdale Lightweight title: Marc Diakiese (C) vs. Rick Selvarajah

BAMMA Lonsdale Bantamweight title: Alan Philpott vs. Regis Sugden

Lightweight: Kane Mousah vs. Myles Price

Lightweight: Tim Wilde vs. Philip Mulpeter

Lightweight: Jack Grant vs. Jack McGann

Middleweight: Conor Cooke vs. Paul Byrne

Featherweight: Stephen Coll vs. Alexandre Liete

Bantamweight: Adam Caffrey vs. Dylan Tuke

This is the card as it stands today, they seem to release 1 fight every couple of days.

Taken from Severmma

BAMMA have announced 3 more preliminary bouts for their upcoming Dublin show on 19th September 2015 in the 3Arena.

It was also confirmed yesterday that Tim Wilde will take on Phil Mulpeter at lightweight

Gavin ‘Heamy’ Kelly will face Sean Tobin, John Redmond is set to rematch Kieran Davern and Johnny Dargan will take on Ricky King.

Gavin ‘Heamy’ Kelly (6-3) fights out of Evolve MMA in Derry, Northern Ireland and will face Sean Tobin at BAMMA 22. Kelly steps into the BAMMA arena on the 19th September determined to get back to his winning ways.

​Sean Tobin (3-1) ​from Cork fights out of Trials Martial Arts Ireland and had a solid amateur career with 4 wins and 2 losses. His most recent victory came in March of this year over James McEarlen via unanimous Decision.

​It’s Team Ryano Vs. SBG Ireland in the rematch for Redmond and Davern.​

John ‘Johnny Jitzu’ Redmond (5-9) stopped Davern in their previous bout at 1:57 of the first round when Marc Goddard called a stop to the bout for a tapout via way of guillotine choke. He has fought twice since then with the results not going his way, but he looks to once again put Davern away and move onto his next challenge.

Kieran Davern (2-7) is a black belt in kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu purple belt. Davern hasn’t fought since his bout with Redmond in December of 2013 due to injury and is looking to come back out and prove a point. Redmond may have got the better of him last time, but as his team at SBG pointed out “It’ll be different this time around”

​Ricky King (2-1) makes his second appearance for BAMMA after debuting at BAMMA 18 in Wolverhampton against Tom Aspinall. Since that bout he has gone on to beat Jamie Wroe in June. He now comes back to BAMMA for the event at the 3 Arena.

Jonathan Dargan (1-2) is a taekwondo black belt and is McGregor’s taekwondo coach. He fights out of SBG, and he is coming to take the win for the Irish fans in attendance on the night. Dargan will be looking to give King his second loss on a BAMMA event by dominating proceedings and getting his hand raised in front of his home crowd.

BAMMA 22 Lineup (More bouts to be announced)

BAMMA FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE

Tom ‘Fire Kid’ DuQuesnoy (c) Vs. Brendan Loughnane

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT

Chris Fields Vs. Christopher Jacquelin

LONSDALE BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE

Alan ‘The Apprentice’ Philpott Vs. Regis ‘The First’ Sugden

LONSDALE LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

Marc ‘Bonecrusher’ Diakiese (c) Vs. Rick Selvarajah

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT

Jack ‘The Pilgrim’ McGann Vs. Jack Grant

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT

Tim ‘The Experiment’ Wilde Vs. Philip ‘Honeybadger’ Mulpeter

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT

Kane ‘Danger’ Mousah Vs. Myles Price

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT

Conor ‘Da Crook’ Cooke Vs. Paul Byrne

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT

Sean Tobin Vs. Gavin ‘Heamy’ Kelly

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT

John ‘Johnny Jitzu’ Redmond Vs. Kieran Davern

HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT

Ricky King Vs. Jonathan Dargan

FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT

Stephen Coll Vs. Alexandre Liete

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT

Adam Caffrey Vs. Dylan ‘The Nuke’ Tuke

I never knew John Redmond's record was that bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Got my tickets, it will be very interesting to see how many turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Pretty sure I'll be there with a few friends. Can't wait, really hope Fields wins, he's such a nice guy and needs a win after his last bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That_Guy wrote: »
    I never knew John Redmond's record was that bad...

I've a feeling it's gonna get worse sept 19th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Got tickets there. Can't wait for it.

My First live event.

What times Conor's fight on at ;)

Advertisement