Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

whats TCG stand for

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Trading Card Game
    Trust me, Wampy - you do NOT want to get involved in a TCG. Unless you are independently wealthy to a degree you have hitherto left undisclosed.

im only playing world warcraft TCG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon TCG is well cheap! :P Back on topic though, lotta street passes round on sunday.

It's driving me mad trying to figure out who Mr Fluffyshoo is. I got 2 SPs off him on consecutive days before my holidays and 2 more the 2 days after I came back. He *must* live near by. The times suggest I'm passing him either on my way to or from work, or in Tesco. I'm constantly on the look-out for someone who looks like his mii... Oh, why can't he get some puzzle pieces I don't already have???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Banjo wrote: »
    It's driving me mad trying to figure out who Mr Fluffyshoo is. I got 2 SPs off him on consecutive days before my holidays and 2 more the 2 days after I came back. He *must* live near by. The times suggest I'm passing him either on my way to or from work, or in Tesco. I'm constantly on the look-out for someone who looks like his mii... Oh, why can't he get some puzzle pieces I don't already have???

Glad it's not me who thinks about miis more then I should! I usually get one down in the Mahon point cinema but I haven't been able to see anyone who looks like him

My greatest worry is that he's the owner's dad... or worse. grandad... and I'm going to spot him one day in Tesco and start throwing him theatrical winks...

So... anyone ever get anywhere with the lines "you're so much better looking than your Mii" or "Flash your LED baby, you've streetpassed!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Off to the Legend of Zelda symphony tonight in the Hammersmith Apollo (really enjoyed the one ~2 years ago), should get some hits at that (forgot to bring my 3DS last time ...)

not really much hits, 2yrs ago it would be 2011 and it only came just out that year in march 25

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Off to the Legend of Zelda symphony tonight in the Hammersmith Apollo (really enjoyed the one ~2 years ago), should get some hits at that (forgot to bring my 3DS last time ...)

Enjoy! I'm not jealous... not at all... ¬_¬

:pac:

• Advertisement

Just think, in a years time, two years ago will be 2012. Makes you think....

Mr Fluffyshoo knows I'm onto him and has gone underground...
    Well, I may not have your name or address but what I do have is a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over several years of wandering aimlessly around the city centre and Liffey Valley shopping centre. If you switch your wifi back on today that will be the end of it. But if you don't, I will find you and I will streetpass you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Enjoy! I'm not jealous... not at all... ¬_¬
    Yeah it was awful over 2 hours of Zelda tunes played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, led by an Irish conductor (she's been doing the entire runs since the start AFAIK), 'twas torture. And only got 65 street pass hits between arriving (admittedly only 10 minutes before the show kicked off) and getting home (picked up a few on the tube home from people after the show).

I think if I had turned up and queued (never going to happen) I'd have easily gotten 100+ if not 200

Also Wampy regardless of the 3DS's age at the last one (7 months exactly) the 3,000 people that fit into the Hammersmith Apollo were Zelda fans and would have (like me) bought a 3DS with the Ocarina of Time remake. The place was swarming with 3DSs both times (was gutted I didn't bring my 3DS the first time, it was a no-brainer that the place would have been rammed with people to street pass with).

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Yeah it was awful over 2 hours of Zelda tunes played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, led by an Irish conductor (she's been doing the entire runs since the start AFAIK), 'twas torture. And only got 65 street pass hits between arriving (admittedly only 10 minutes before the show kicked off) and getting home (picked up a few on the tube home from people after the show).

I think if I had turned up and queued (never going to happen) I'd have easily gotten 100+ if not 200

Also Wampy regardless of the 3DS's age at the last one (7 months exactly) the 3,000 people that fit into the Hammersmith Apollo were Zelda fans and would have (like me) bought a 3DS with the Ocarina of Time remake. The place was swarming with 3DSs both times (was gutted I didn't bring my 3DS the first time, it was a no-brainer that the place would have been rammed with people to street pass with).

i was refer 2011 show early because he went said 2011 show and forgot his 3ds and since its was 2011 and 3ds only just launch in 2011 march 25 2011 there would not much streetpasses in 2011 when 3ds just started plus not even the remake of legend ocarina of time wasnt out back then. not this year 2013

Looks like Celbridge has become a hotbed of 3DS Streetpassing activity. Mr Fluffyshoo resurfaced for a couple of hits over the weekend, but has been joined by another that I've hit twice (name withheld as he looks pretty young and has used his real name) who must live near me because I woke up Sunday morning with the green LED flashing. But oh the cruel vagaries of fate - to have 2 regular streetpass partners, neither of whom can be arsed gathering puzzle pieces that I don't already have...

I feel your pain my friend!

That rush of excitement upon seeing that green glow emanating from our handhelds! The anticipation of seeing the words "New Region!" after a strange new Mii has made our acquaintance! The tingle in the fingertips as we guide this new friend through our adventure and have them work their magic to help us or hinder our foe, in the battle to save our monarchy! The building joy at seeing this joyous stranger approach us on our puzzle quest! The joy is short lived as we see the dreaded gut punch that is "X has no new pieces for you"... :(

Man, I'd love to see them throw StreetPass Quest 3 to the Fire Emblem team... or create an SP neighbourhood - SP is crying out for some Sims-style malarky, minus the "whoo-hoo" and locking neighbours in a ladderless pool till they die.

I wondered if my two regulars were a father and son, since I SPed them at roughly the same time on Saturday. It was kind of cool, watching the fully levelled up dad bring his son out on an adventure and show him the ropes, dispatching yellow slimes left right and centre. Then the boy had to watch his father being brutally mauled to death by a blue slime, knowing that once the carnage was over he was going to be sent to meet the same fate. Now I kind of hope they don't know each-other at all.

SP Quest is just wrong.

ive 3hits yesterday at collins barracks

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Yes! a streetpass dungeon crawler is what we need. While Nintendo gave us such a great feature they haven't really supported it too well so far and I really wanna see streetpass on future nintendo handhelds!

Edit;
    @Wampyrus: are you kidding? I was there for 3 hours yesterday. Guess how many streetpasses I got? Zilch :\

im not kidding my 3ds were not on me when i pick my friends in our bags, ours 3ds were in ours bags with the dress up crowd gear in a secret location in collins barracks and we outside dress up 3 characters as from resident evil, i went Leon s Kennedy well my friends went as wesker and ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

oh is that where everyone was dressed up as like gladiators and soldiers and stuff? Damn, I just peeked in there and left haha

• Advertisement

I got 6 hits over the 2 days I was in Dublin but only one new pink piece

I'd love to know the age demographic of players. I work with a lot if kids/teens, I'd say thousands in the past year and in that time I have streetpassed one. ONE

gubbie wrote: »
    I got 6 hits over the 2 days I was in Dublin but only one new pink piece

I'd love to know the age demographic of players. I work with a lot if kids/teens, I'd say thousands in the past year and in that time I have streetpassed one. ONE

Awwwww no, completely forgot to arrange to meet with you! :-( sorry!

I got 9 hits on sunday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got three hits in Newry on Sunday two of them were from Dublin and Kildare. I am using two consoles at the moment one is my ambassador console with loads of hits, the other is my Fire Emblem console with Fcuk all hits and very few pieces, however the Mii is named Sponge Bob with a yellow shirt and brown trousers. Look out for him around Dublin City Centre tomorrow and Saturday if you are out street passing.:)

Awwwww no, completely forgot to arrange to meet with you! :-( sorry!

Boooooooooooo

Next time I'm going to bring my Mario Kart trophy and not show you. I'm a bitter old woman

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bloody console has malfunctioned twice since Sunday, I keep getting a message stating, can not access SD Card during last attempt to use SpotPass. Anyone else ever have this issue?

No, but my console froze yesterday when I went to the gate to receive my street-pass visitor, had to power cycle to get it back. SP hit was recorded correctly.

Could just be the card, could be a dusty slot - if you can, use a can of compressed air to clean it out, blowing into it introduces all sorts of gick from your mouth that you don't want in there. (if you finish chewing your sandwich before you "clean" the SD slot out, you can reduce the gick levels but you'll never entirely eliminate it)

Remember, you can transfer the contents of your SD from one SD via a PC (or back the contents up for that matter) to another SD as long as it goes into the same 3DS. SDs are relatively cheap these days. Streetpasses are comparatively expensive :)

Who is time lady?

i got 4 street-pass hits last saturday on my way to down killester by dart

• Advertisement

I was in town today for the marathon. Must have been thousands of supporters there so of course I brought my 3ds.

Forgot I'd turned off my Internet/street pass to save battery. No hits

DAM!

Advertisement