Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad Max: Fury Road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

Looks like an insane experience! Will defo be there opening weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's just footage from the 2 existing trailers put together, nothing new.

Really looking forward to this film though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Getting it's world premiere Cannes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Full Trailer up today.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looks fecking mental! Can't wait

• Advertisement

Looks good but hope that there is still a lot of touch up to do. There are still some VERY dodgy flame effects

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

What age rating will this be? At least 15s anyway right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

looks like absolute carnage. (good thing) I hope there is a decent story in the middle somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just watched the trailer for the new Mad Max movie - it looks f*cking mental!!

I have never seen a mad max film!!

Recommended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I recommend the original trilogy.

Re-makes are almost certain to be shìte in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

ardinn wrote: »
    Recommended?

Go see it for yourself, go hard or go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I recommend the original trilogy.

Re-makes are almost certain to be shìte in comparison.

its not a remake though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Personally the first one is my favourite. Great cars and even better characters!

The second is very similiar to the new film out in may. Post apocalyptic setting, i can see why many prefer it to the first.

Don't waste your time with the third, awful film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I mean the originals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I think it looks rubbish but I wasn't a big fan in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I think it looks rubbish but I wasn't a big fan in the first place.

Yeah I agree and that Tina Turner song really got on my nerves too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

colossus-x wrote: »
    Yeah I agree and that Tina Turner song really got on my nerves too.

Who runs barter town....third one was muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Links234 wrote: »
    its not a remake though :)

It's pretty much a reimagining of it though.

Gibson didn't even get a cameo. Fcuk that ****

I blame the jews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's pretty much a reimagining of it though.

Gibson didn't even get a cameo. Fcuk that ****

I blame the jews

Oy vey

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Personally the first one is my favourite. Great cars and even better characters!

The second is very similiar to the new film out in may. Post apocalyptic setting, i can see why many prefer it to the first.

Don't waste your time with the third, awful film.

The above are words of great truth.

The new one is rated 18's, so should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I must be the only person in the world that likes 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome' For me the first film is the worst. Never understood what people saw in it.

As for this new one, it looks dumb, IMHO. If I'm not mistaken, Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Tony EH wrote: »
    Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

Just think what she could do with that robot arm ....if left alone in a haybarn

Tony EH wrote: »
    I must be the only person in the world that likes 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome' For me the first film is the worst. Never understood what people saw in it.

As for this new one, it looks dumb, IMHO. If I'm not mistaken, Charlize Theron has a robot arm in it? The world is gone to crap, but she has a robot arm? WTF.

Yeah, my order of preference is 2nd, 3rd, 1st. Even if the 3rd was a triumph of style over substance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've never really been able to get into the first one to be honest. The second and third are pretty good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I can't wait :)

The first Mad Max was terribly grim to be fair. Far too much misery, rape and brutality for my tastes. Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Mel was pretty cool before he became a hardline religious bigot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Thunderdome was the third one.

I can't wait for this, the tone and setting just pushes all kinds of buttons for me. Its the original director, so hopefully he remembers just what made the originals so unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

I just watched the trailer, I'm already hard....

Just go to Syria and see it at first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

I can't wait :)

The first Mad Max was terribly grim to be fair. Far too much misery, rape and brutality for my tastes. Then you add Tina Turner and a thunderdome and suddenly it's fantastic. Can't even remember the third one.

Mel was pretty cool before he became a hardline religious bigot.

THe 'recieved wisdom' is that one is the best for the simple reason that few people saw it and it's 'serious' to the point of dour and thus arty. It's just a sub Sam Peckinpah micro budget exploitation flick, and not a particularly good one. Mad Max 2 unleashes the bonkers and is chock full of memorable characters and facinating world building.
    3 is problematic in that it reaches for a PG audience in an R rated world but it's still highly memorable, how many people still quote 'two men enter, one man leaves!'

The new film looks for all the world like a reimagined mash up of 2 and 3 with Charlize Theron sporting a robot hand in a world where people kill each other for a cup full of petrol, which seems incongruous . I did like the trailer I have to say, and it does suggest the anarchic, comic book sensibility and bonkers energy of Mad Max2, but I've been stung by a well put together trailer before, so I'll remain skeptical, but cautiously hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I mist go and rewatch 2 and 3 then obviously! Was sure thunderdome was the second one, mind playing tricks on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

ardinn wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer for the new Mad Max movie - it looks f*cking mental!!

I have never seen a mad max film!!

Recommended?

Funny I'd never seen a MadMax film - bought the trilogy for £8. Its total Donkey. Crap dialogue, predictable story, passable action. I was also surprised at how Homo-erotic it was given Gibson's past utterances.

Went to the charity shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: I've moved this to the Film forum. Please note the different forum charter here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I like how there's a sad face beside the thread title despite most people here now really looking forward to the film :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I've been strung along by Mad Max-like trailers before, these 2 are still some of the best trailers I've ever seen for a film. I couldn't have been more anxious to see what was to become of a future world. Still hurts, lol

Never forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

DVD-Lots wrote: »

Does Mel Gibson have a cameo in this one ?

• Advertisement

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Does Mel Gibson have a cameo in this one ?

Nope, no Mel. Think that ship sailed with his drunken sectarian rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Nope, no Mel. Think that ship sailed with his drunken sectarian rant.

He deserves a second chance we have all done stupid things when we were drunk.

Simon2015 wrote: »
    He deserves a second chance we have all done stupid things when we were drunk.

Yeah tell it to the folks in Hollywood, I personally would love nothing better than to see Gibson behind the wheel of a Pursuit Special again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

For anyone who still reads magazines, the latest Starburst is a Mad Max special. Lots of great stuff in it including a nice retrospective of the films.

Really looking forward to the film, not long to go now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tremendously excited for this & hope the final product is as bonkers and unrelenting as the trailers suggest. The promotional material is beginning to get a little much so might just take a break from watching it.

On a related side-note: is there any sign that a re-release of the original trilogy might find their way on Blu-Ray? I know there's already a boxset, but apparently it's a lazy boxing of the individual discs, with no consistent transfer and little in the way of extras.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I hope Hugh Keys-Byrne has a big part in this movie, great for all us hardcore fans of of the first one!

Yep,he was a great villian as The Toecutter in the first one.Playing a totally different character here though,I think unless they reveal during the movie that Toecutter survived and it is him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A final trailer is out and props to whoever has been editing them: while there's yet more footage in this trailer (including a partial scene), I'm still broadly unsure what the heck the plot of this is. It's mostly just road carnage, so maybe that's really all there is! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saw the new trailer before 'The Avengers' last night and it still looks as dumb as a box of frogs.

It really looks like they've just taken the Mad Max car chases and turned it up to 11.

pixelburp wrote: »
    A final trailer is out and props to whoever has been editing them: while there's yet more footage in this trailer (including a partial scene), I'm still broadly unsure what the heck the plot of this is. It's mostly just road carnage, so maybe that's really all there is! :D

Slightly disappointed to here Charlize Theron speak with a strong American accent. For a fan of the originals it will take away from it if most of the actors don't speak Aussie English!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Mad Max 1 & 2 double bill in Cineworld Dublin 13th May @ 7.30pm!!

Deisler wrote: »
    Mad Max 1 & 2 double bill in Cineworld Dublin 13th May @ 7.30pm!!

Booked tickets for that, should be fun, though disappointing Thunderdome isn't being screened. It ain't that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

pixelburp wrote: »
    Booked tickets for that, should be fun, though disappointing Thunderdome isn't being screened. It ain't that bad!

It really is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Behind-the-scenes featurette:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

The trailers look a bit color naff. Let's hope they put a bit more colour
    into the final film. Particularly with that tight little buggy wearing all
    the spikey trademark's of the cars that ate paris.

• Advertisement
Advertisement