Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Chucken wrote: »
    Home the same day? :eek: Is that Dublin?
    My daughter had her little fella on a Sunday and they kept her in until Thursday morning (full term, no complications)

No I reckon the poster means the uk.
    They do send you home very speedily in uk. ESP if you live in cities with great home nurse calls as standard . It's not as well set up here

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

She has high blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Liz McDonald is coming back in October, why or why I don't think I can bring myself to watch her, such an irritating person.
    Why is Tina still in hospital. She gave birth on Monday,there is no need to be still in there 4 days later.

if you give birth here before 12pm you go home the same day providing there was no complications. Apart from the baby being premature did she have any other complications?

With the way the show was filmed remember it should of aired with 2 1 hour episodes which is why it seems dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Liz McDonald is coming back in October, why or why I don't think I can bring myself to watch her, such an irritating person.

Yes, but if it was a toss up between her and Gloria I'd have her back in the morning. Didn't think it possible but Gloria is getting even more painful in a show which is chock full of unlikeable characters at the moment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Karen23 wrote: »
    Why is Tina still in hospital. She gave birth on Monday,there is no need to be still in there 4 days later.

if you give birth here before 12pm you go home the same day providing there was no complications. Apart from the baby being premature did she have any other complications?

My first was born 3 months premature, I was kept in for 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I look forward to Liz so much. I wish Bald Elf McDonald bought the Rovers back. Gloria is so pish. Yer wan is a good actress, so likeable in the Royal Family. But in Coronation St - utter scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I look forward to Liz so much. I wish Bald Elf McDonald bought the Rovers back. Gloria is so pish. Yer wan is a good actress, so likeable in the Royal Family. But in Coronation St - utter scutter.

Would that be anything to do with her face change?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

lisaj wrote: »
    Would that be anything to do with her face change?

In fairness the current writing in Corrie is like bad JC OL compared to that in the Royle family. It's as if the absence of two major characters has thrown them into utter confusion.

Ryan, Ches-neh, Kay-eh. Bay-beh Jozef, Windasses, Tyrone and Fizz - snoresville.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

I have to agree with Spurious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Lisha wrote: »
    No I reckon the poster means the uk.
    They do send you home very speedily in uk. ESP if you live in cities with great home nurse calls as standard . It's not as well set up here

Definitely the UK I think. My son was born there by emergency section, I lost a lot blood and needed a platelet infusion. That was in the early hours of Saturday morning. We were home by Monday evening. It was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else think Carla has better chemistry with Rob than Peter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Carla has better chemistry with Rob than Peter?

I can't warm to Rob at all and Peter has turned into this uber-sex god - not sure when that happened, but while I think Carla works well with Peter, I see what you mean about Rob. He's a good actor, but not always getting quality scripts to work with at the moment.

I thought Alison King's acting this week was fantastic - especially when she and Rob were arguing about their experiences as children. It just shows what can happen if people are given decent material to work with.

Meanwhile...'will you mind bay-beh Jo-zef' trundles on...

I think Alison King is one of the stronger actors on Corrie. Not as good as Jane Danson and Chris Gascoigne can be but really good all the same. It's a pity, the show has some really fine acting talent, but they so rarely lately get the type of scripts they can actually get their teeth into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

iguana wrote: »
    Definitely the UK I think. My son was born there by emergency section, I lost a lot blood and needed a platelet infusion. That was in the early hours of Saturday morning. We were home by Monday evening. It was lovely.

Omg that's quick
    I had son by emergency on a Monday and was home on Friday
    My daughter was natural delivery on a Friday evening and I argued to be left home on the Sunday afternoon . They Really wanted me to stay until the Monday .
    Two different systems it seems

On topic
    Alison king is a great actress . I think she is really underused . don't want Liz macdonsld back. Her pop eyes Drive me cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Lisha wrote: »
    Alison king is a great actress ..

I'm a great actress-I was able to convince my mum that she was really coming down in the world, having previously been a director of the premiership side Harchester United (my mum is a huge soccer fan)

And Peter is no Luis Amor Rodriguez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »

Chucken wrote: »
    Home the same day? :eek: Is that Dublin?
    My daughter had her little fella on a Sunday and they kept her in until Thursday morning (full term, no complications)

Yes , In Dublin. If baby is born after 12pm you're kept in overnight , before 12pm you go home the same day.

I remember my Mam being sent to the Annex on the Whitworth Road for a few days rest after having my sister. No complications , it was just what they did but those days are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

JOB VACANCIES AT CORONATION STREET

Just spotted this now, http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.ie/2013/06/itv-job-vacancy-storyliners-at.html

Time to shine folks!!!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

*Puts up shelf in anticipation of soap awards*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah ffs how the hell is Dev so friendly with Karl :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ah ffs how the hell is Dev so friendly with Karl :mad:

With this being a regular occurrence down the years, I am almost sure every inhabitant on the street is given a complimentary memory eraser, ala Men In Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very quick stewards enquiry on that race. :pac: And UK and Irish bookies pay on first past the post so Peter would have had to pay Rob regardless of the horse being disqualified. Well done Corrie. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

When Dev is determined and positive he's extra annoying. Mopey Dev is actually easier to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why do they mention murder? It's manslaughter at worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dev has to be the worst actor ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Gloria's charachter is so bloody annoying, Jesus Corrie had such potential with Sue Johnson, how they gave her such a sh1te watery charachter to play defeats me. :mad:

The Paul-Eileen story is boring and it hasn't even started properly yet. I'm sending Posy's CV into Corrie. :)

So Izzy and Gary call the kid Jake, when I was in Liverpool a "Jakey" was slang for an alcoholic down and out. :confused:

Jakey WindyAss :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Paul and Eileen stupid storyline wish Paul would leave and does Eileen not work anymore? plenty of time to lie down on the sofa and expect Sean to make her tea :rolleyes: Eileen and Steve were a good comedy act in the cab office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The quicker that Karl creep gets his comeuppance the better.

How will he get found out I wonder..........or will he get found out? hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement