Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Does sort of fly in the face of what I liked about this show. Not a fan of the Dyson romance, the broody dudefriend has been done to death and I've no interest in seeing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nilbert

I think the new ash storyline has potential. It opens up the Lauren storyline which I am dying to find out about. Hopefully we will get more of an arc storyline where we get to learn all of the other characters and not just Bo background stories. They have a lot of time with this 22 episode season, hopefully there will be continuity and character growth because they just set back Bo like a 6 episodes with s02e02.

The Lauren storyline does have a lot of potential, I'm just a little worried that the writers might not know what her big secret is anymore than we do, and could end up working it up to be more than they can deliver.

And I kind of liked how the show treated her relationship with Bo last season, it was sweet and organic. Would be a shame if she just ended up being a rebound runner up prize at this stage. Anyway, remains to be seen. It seems to me that stuff like that is what set the show apart, I don't think you'd really have a chance for storyline like that to develop so naturally in many other shows of it's genre today.

Was really surprised at how much I liked this show. I can't work out whether it's the fact that it's Showcase or the fact that it's Canadian that lends it a bit more quirk than I expected. I think it would be a real shame if they went to town on trimming down the swearing and such.

The Lauren storyline does have a lot of potential, I'm just a little worried that the writers might not know what her big secret is anymore than we do, and could end up working it up to be more than they can deliver.

And I kind of liked how the show treated her relationship with Bo last season, it was sweet and organic. Would be a shame if she just ended up being a rebound runner up prize at this stage. Anyway, remains to be seen. It seems to me that stuff like that is what set the show apart, I don't think you'd really have a chance for storyline like that to develop so naturally in many other shows of it's genre today.

Was really surprised at how much I liked this show. I can't work out whether it's the fact that it's Showcase or the fact that it's Canadian that lends it a bit more quirk than I expected. I think it would be a real shame if they went to town on trimming down the swearing and such.
    Jill I couldn't agree more with the above! I think I'm setting up myself for disappointment with the expectations I have for this show! You are so right.... I think what is attractive about the Lauren/Bo relationship is how naturally it developed it seemed really genuine. And I can't help but feel for Laura... It's like you can see with every scene with Bo how in love she is with her knowing that any possible relationship puts her life at risk. I really hope Lauren rejects Bo if she comes around looking for leftovers.

I can't remember the last time I was this invested in a tv show! I too am afraid that the purchase of the series by Syfy will have negative affects on the direction of the series.

So..... what did you think of 02x03? I absolutely LOVED it!! It was all kinds of awesome!! I can watch it again and again! God, this show is so additive!

The whole Kenzi/Browny thing was utterly hysterical. Kesenia Solo is an amazing comical actress. I can't wait till this show is shown in the US. If it doesn't get edited and is shown as is it's going to takeoff like wildfire!

The Lauren/Bo scenes were perfection! Have I said how much I love Lauren's character? I'm so tired of reading how bland Lauren is and how she doesn't have any personality. If you ask me, she is the most realistic character of Lost Girl and has admirable qualities. She's smart, witty, loyal and resourceful just to name a few. Someone else said it best, Lauren lives in the pauses. Her expressions and body language are priceless, she says so much without as much as a word being spoke. And I do think this is what attracts other people to this character. It says a lot that a character that hardly has any screen time is this popular among fans of the show.

My theory on Lauren's big secret? I think she's half Fae. I think that her secret has something to do with her family. One of her parents is a Fae and thus she has no Fae powers because as they have mentioned previously both of your parents have to be Fae for you to posses any Fae abilities. I think she is paying a debt of some sort on behalf of her family. Just a theory but I think that her interest in the Fae world is not strictly scientific.

What are your thoughts on 02X03? What do you think Lauren's secret is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Loved 2x03, it was the best ep yet (in season 2).
    Kenzi, once again absolutely hysterical. The "break up" with browny almost had me peeing myself. This is what the show was missing! Kenzi brings the fun big time.
    I'm actually starting to like the new Ash. The possibilities with him are endless. He's gonna be the character I love to hate XD

I'm so torn between team Lauren & team Dyson, but my Doccubus heart exploded a bit when Bo jumped to Lauren's defense, "Lauren is no one's property" D'Awww!

The fae of the week characters kind of bored me, but I liked that it allowed us to see more into Bo's psyche. But the highlight of the whole episode has to be Kenzi & browny. Hands down!

Have no clue what Lauren's secret could be, but it sure is fun to speculate. It's def gonna be something bad, and I can't wait to find out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ not seen it yet....NOT READNG ABOVE!

You're in for a treat. It's a good one.

:p yay!...that was like the old lost Girl, cracking dialogue!...funny as hell, Kenzi was on fire!, pretty decent story as well. OMG! @ the hot hot HOT Bo/Dyson dream sequence!! :P , then he goes all Goldilocks and rips out her heart! :eek:

Interesting stuff with the new Ash, i much prefered the actors performance in this ep., he had a certain gravitas here, quite menacing with a hint of wtf is he about?

Think he's an Irish actor as well, that was the best ep. of the second season thus far, tis ALL about the script....you can see LG has got a big bump in budget, it looks alot better from effects to sets and extras.

Clearly SyFy has injected cash with it's co-production deal with Shaw Media/Showcase....roll on ep. 4 tonight!

4/5

Woo!...excellent 4th episode, brilliant zingers yet again from Kenzi, lol...she put the hex on Dyson, Bo is still a lovesick puppy, twas very Bo/Kenzi heavy episode. Nice seeing Kenzi using her off camera language. Very enjoyable stuff all round....it's certainly improved alot script wise in the last two eps.

Got a bit of background on Kenzi as well, why aren't more Boardsies checking this show out????

• Advertisement

The whole Bo/Dyson angle is feeling increasingly forced, and I really dislike the character the writers have to turn Bo into to try and make it work. I like the actor and I like the character generally, but I find it really hard to get excited about an episode I know is going to focus on him for those reasons.

More than that, I'm kind of bemused that the writers keep building up some dramatic twist in Lauren's story and then wasting any of that momentum by abruptly shunting her out of the picture completely for the following couple of episodes. Would the Bo we're supposed to know really waste time moping around a pub when her friend/Scooby Ganger/lover is, right at that moment, being held against her will in circumstances unknown by a douchebag with distinctly shady intentions?

That's my big problem with this show. Really inconsistent characterisation from one episode to the next.

^ tbf....Trick did say that Lauren was being treated well by the new Ash, and Bo did called Irish Ash a bastard, she gives him hell as much as she can, plus....she's agreed to do freelance work so she'll be able to keep a closer eye on Lauren.

Fair enough. But I can't help feeling that if, say, a one-off guest star had been put in a similar situation, we would have seen Bo go all out and come to their rescue before the episode was out. Seems like a very clumsy padding manoeuvre on the part of the writers, to just put off dealing with that for a couple of weeks while we learn about Dyson's regrettable hairstyle choices of centuries past, and I can't help idly wonder if the longer season is going to have more examples like it.

I don't mean to overthink it though, I mean I like this show a lot as a fun, campy confection to hide on my DVR until my flatmate's not around - I just think it's a shame that it keeps conceding unnecessary points like that. Every now and then, it feels like there's something really unique trying to assert itself, if only the writing staff had just that little bit more confidence in its identity or a bit more ambition for the characters and storylines they've already established.

The cast is consistently the best thing about the show, and it's frustrating that they so often seem wasted on characters that feel somehow less developed as the series progresses.

New ep. tonight but no new ep. next Sunday: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/lost-girl-no-new-episodes-on-october.html

[edit] - hiatus expanded to two weeks, no new ep. until October 23rd. http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-on-hiatus-till-october-23.html

Aaron Ashmore joins LG for multi episode arc: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-aaron-ashmore-joins-cast.html

Weird. The show's got enough bloody characters, please just do something with them. Synopsis for the next one does show a bit of promise in that regard though -

"The Morrigan enlists Bo's help to find a tortured graffiti artist under her employ. The young painter has killed a Dark Fae, and his urban murals are exposing Fae secrets all over town – with The Morrigan on the hook for his actions. In exchange for her help with the case, The Morrigan offers Bo information on breaking The Ash's hold on Lauren."

Season 1 of Lost Girl starts Monday January 16th @ 10pm on SyFy...after S2 of Being Human [US].....i expect lots of edits on the sex/swearing...grrrr!

In addition, SCENE fecked up and posted 2x06 but it was in fact 2x03, they botched things up and thought it was a new ep....ep. 6 dosen't air until October 23rd!

Last week it was SCENE who fecked up and put out 2x06...which was in reality 2x03, NUKED.....but this week?....twas the turn od Showcase themselves!!

They fecked up and instead of airing the real 2x06 they aired a repeat of 2x05...much to the annoyance of fans and the SCENE release folks, twice now things got botched up!

But thankfully on October 30th 2x06 will air, and no more breaks....read more here:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-there-will-be-no-more.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-showcase-accidentally-aired.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For Kenzi a boyfriend for her perhaps

• Advertisement

Fresh episode tonight!!

"REALLY REAL"........LOL!!!!!!! :D
    haha!....that's the title of the SCENE release of LG 2x06 :p

Good stuff. Best episode of the season so far, IMHO, and so close to awesome it drives me crazy.

The cast is so good, and so good together, I swear I'm going to go nuts wishing the writing was that little bit more refined so they could really shine. Plotwise, there's a lot of meaty stuff happening, and the banter between characters is consistently great, but that just makes it worse when the exposition dialogue is written with such a tin ear. The increasingly intrusive soundtrack doesn't help, neither.

This show is really, really frustrating. Because I do enjoy the crap out of it, but if it just had that little bit more panache, it could be something really special.

Why do I always feel like no matter how good an episode of LG is, it can always be better, MUCH better..... like there is something missing. It's like watching your favorite soccer team constantly kicking the ball towards the goal but never making it in. Ahhhh so frustrating! I feel that they concentrate on doing certain things within an episode really well but end up forgetting about everything else or not paying enough attention to it. Like this episode for example. Don't get me wrong LOVED the whole Lauren/Bo/Kenzi moments! I think the cast as a whole has amazingly natural undeniable chemistry. But really the dialog could have been better, much better. And since the start of season 2 I have yet to feel a coherent overall storyline/plot when it comes to the conflict of the day. The story feels all over the place, almost like 4 different people wrote a section of it and then got together and tried to force the pieces together! Some scenes are total waist or could have been better written to fit the overall script.
    This really bothers me because I truly believe this show has so much potential and has all the right ingredients to be a truly legendary Scify series but so far it has falling short at its most pivotal moments.

Casting news: NCIS's Lauren Holly will guest star in Lost Girl Episode 2.14 as Sadie, The Listener's Anthony Lemke will also appear in the episode which is titled "Midnight Lamp".

Fresh ep. tonight, hopefully no botched issues this week!

2x09 - So FREAKING funny!!!
    No joke, I almost peed my pants. The Kenzi/Dyson bodyswap *bursts out laughing*.
    You guys gotta watch this ASAP.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing it, I love a bodyswap and I think this cast could do fun stuff with it.

^ i've got some catching up to do....4 eps., fallen WAY behind on lots of shows!!

From the synopsis - and stupid title - of Raging Fae, I wasn't expecting much. Pleasantly surprised by it, this was a really strong episode with some surprisingly moving little moments from Anna Silk. The whole cast was used well, but she was on particularly (and unusually, to be honest ) fine form, and we got a lot more texture to Bo's life before the show caught up with her.

I was glad to see Bo both a) Remembering she's a succubus and actually having some nice, guilt free sex, b) Not being a giant pansy in a fight just because it's convenient to the plot, and c) Showing some real depth. This was the first episode in ages where it felt like she was a character complex enough to carry a show, and I really did feel for her. I'm far more interested in watching this character find her place in the world than watching her turn into some kind of Chosen One, which seems to be the direction things are heading, but I still hope to see more of it.

And I have to say, as much as I enjoy the truly ridiculous amount of chemistry between Silk and Palmer, Kenzi and Bo's girly bromance is one of my favourite relationships on television at the minute. It's awesome and I wish there were more like it. It feels like a lot of TV writers think "friendship" refers to any two girls who hang out in vague proximity and do bitchy things to each other, but those two really have a lovely dynamic that feels very true. They're quite different characters who complement each other wonderfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Just started watching this and up to s02 e04..

i loved season 1 and season 2 started off a little weak in the first 2 eps but getting better. At the minute I'm not too keen on Lauren and think her character is a little bland but maybe that changes over the next few eps. Kenzi is by far my favorite.. the delivery of her one liners are too funny.

:eek: renewed for a THIRD season! :D

Fae fans rejoice! Showcase announces the renewal of massive hit series Lost Girl for a third season. The blockbuster Canadian original series will begin production on season three in Spring 2012.

Since launching to record-breaking audiences in September 2010, Lost Girl has become Showcase’s highest rated drama series. During its first season run, Lost Girl ranked number one on the channel for adults 25-54 and was the top scripted series across all specialty channels (A25-54)*. Since returning in September 2011 the second season has averaged close to 400,000 viewers (2+) to date*, and was greenlit for an unprecedented 22 episodes.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/lost-girl-renewed-for-season-3.html#ixzz1g3qp3thc

• Advertisement

:eek: renewed for a THIRD season! :D

Fae fans rejoice! Showcase announces the renewal of massive hit series Lost Girl for a third season. The blockbuster Canadian original series will begin production on season three in Spring 2012.

Since launching to record-breaking audiences in September 2010, Lost Girl has become Showcase’s highest rated drama series. During its first season run, Lost Girl ranked number one on the channel for adults 25-54 and was the top scripted series across all specialty channels (A25-54)*. Since returning in September 2011 the second season has averaged close to 400,000 viewers (2+) to date*, and was greenlit for an unprecedented 22 episodes.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/lost-girl-renewed-for-season-3.html#ixzz1g3qp3thc

Good stuff, looks like I started watching at the right time. Just finished ep 8 there with the Egyptian Lich guy...Bo sucking out all the chi stuff from the guys in the room and coming out with the "I am more powerful than all Fae" was nuts.

Weird ending with the Lauren giving Bo a big smooch beside her comatose girlfriend. Lauren didn't even mention the speech so she must be up to no good...or maybe not...i'll have to find out tomorrow if she mentions it i guess

The characterisation of Lost Girl can be wildly inconsistent, which, the more I think about it, I put down to the show's budget. Canadian shows like this probably won't have any dedicated continuity people or writers roundtable meetings, so there's no interplay between the various scribes. It seems to affect Lauren in particular, so it's always kind of hard to know if she's up to something shady or if that particular writer just hasn't got an ear for her.

The 13 episode order is neat, and most folks seem to think there's a strong chance of the order being expanded again into 22. I'm a little concerned though that they might be caught on the hop as they were with this season, and we'll end up with a few more "padding" episodes.

EDIT:

Also, this image is spoilery mcspoilerson.

Speaking of madly incoherent characterisation, WTF was going on this episode? It felt like it was missing about ten scenes which might have explained some of the massively abrupt 180s everybody bar Bo was doing. And Lord, I wish Bo and Lauren would stop getting so stupid lately, in each of their respective ways.

I liked bits of it, but there were so many weirdly missed dramatic opportunities (Lauren's out of the dungeon now, Nadia has her party shoes on about ten minutes after stepping out of a magical five year coma in a mysterious fairy person science facility) and very strange moments where it felt like the director had forgotten to show something important, that I find myself once again more frustrated by this show than anything.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that the next episode might justify a lot of that by paying off on it, but they'll have to do a lot to convince me that Lauren's behaviour here made any sense at all or that the writing team even share a canteen, much less a whole TV show.

Speaking of madly incoherent characterisation, WTF was going on this episode? It felt like it was missing about ten scenes which might have explained some of the massively abrupt 180s everybody bar Bo was doing. And Lord, I wish Bo and Lauren would stop getting so stupid lately, in each of their respective ways.

I liked bits of it, but there were so many weirdly missed dramatic opportunities (Lauren's out of the dungeon now, Nadia has her party shoes on about ten minutes after stepping out of a magical five year coma in a mysterious fairy person science facility) and very strange moments where it felt like the director had forgotten to show something important, that I find myself once again more frustrated by this show than anything.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that the next episode might justify a lot of that by paying off on it, but they'll have to do a lot to convince me that Lauren's behaviour here made any sense at all or that the writing team even share a canteen, much less a whole TV show.

Just watched the last 2 eps now and I must say I LOL'd when Lauren and coma girl turned up at the birthday party. Yeah it really was silly that she would go to a party straight after the 5 year spell.

In the final episode there was no mention of the gift given by the stranger in the previous ep. Also I'm not sure but when Trick was told by the blind woman she could ask 4 questions....did she actually only ask 2 and Trick only answered 1? I kind of got confused there...maybe the writers got confused there also :confused:

Overall though I enjoyed it. Was a good pacing. I thought the scenes in the drive-in dream sequence was really well done. Nice spooky effect with Trick and his wife on the cinema screen in the background.

It also looks like the writers have switched the mushy mushy Bo - Lauren for mushy mushy Kenzi - guitar boy. :rolleyes:

In this show I think having too much mushy is such a drag and doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of it. It really interferes with the comedy.

If I was to compare the first season with where it is so far in the second season.. season 1 wins by a mile.

Looking forward to the second half of season.

I have a massive catchup to do on this, like 7 episodes....gonna try get though them over the Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 has started back on SyFy UK also

Some season 3 plot points, not too spoilery.... http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/lost-girl-season-3-will-be-darker.html

2x16 leaked via Canadian iTunes.

Ksenia Solo(aka Kenzi) is coming to London in the fall for a fan convention if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.
    http://www.seanharry.com/vampire/index.htm

I'm so excited. Hoping the organiser can pull off more Lost Girl guests.

• Advertisement

What did folks think of Schools Out?

I enjoyed the crap out of it, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You caught up yet Richard?

I watched all of the eps in one go over a couple of days as I'm want to do with shows. Have to say I enjoyed it. It fills that fantasy/supernatural style niche that I've been missing since Angel ended and nothing had filled it since....with the exception maybe of season one of true blood.

Anna silk is fairly believable and Ksenia Solo is a good little actress too and they write her well. I do think the original Ash was pretty cool and its a shame they killed him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I stopped watching this ages ago (not sure why, might have been catching up on something else, or just forgotten about it) but I think I'll pick it back up again.

I remember knowing from Ep 1 that Kenzi was going to be a big reason to continue watching.

Stick them on the USB for me there please Kirb!

Kirby wrote: »
    Anna silk is fairly believable and Ksenia Solo is a good little actress too and they write her well. I do think the original Ash was pretty cool and its a shame they killed him off.

I haven't seen the latest ep yet but yeah the two of them are excellent. The new guy Ryan I think is a good character.

Did they kill the old Ash off? I thought he was in a coma from the bomb. I may have missed it where they said he was actually killed.

red dave wrote: »
    I haven't seen the latest ep yet but yeah the two of them are excellent. The new guy Ryan I think is a good character.

Did they kill the old Ash off? I thought he was in a coma from the bomb. I may have missed it where they said he was actually killed.

Well he isn't officially dead. They have him wounded and in a coma but the actor hasn't been in it since the first season so I think its safe to say he's moved on to other shows.

It was his voice that did it. Was very evil sounding. Like Vader. :p

That was why they had to get rid of that Ash though. Yer man Clé Bennett got a bigger role on Flashpoint, so they had to bench that character and bring in the Mystic Knight of Tir na nÓg. He's in an offscreen coma to keep the door open if things change.

I hope so. Would like to see him back. The Irish guy is fine but I like my bad guys menacing. And I don't care what the recent plot says, I still think the new Ash is evil.

There have been a few spoilers about late S2, early S3 floating around, out of interest. I think there's some kind of hour long promo thing before the season finale this year too?

• Advertisement

2x20 was excellent, RIP Ciara and The Ash!....really hotting up now towards the finale and the battle with the Geruda, nice to see Dyson back....good action and story, decent effects also.

I still have some catching up to do, i've seen upto 2x11, and 2x19 + 2x20 but i need to watch 2x12-2x18.....gonna try catch up on them over the next few days.

I do think though that 22 episodes this season has been tooo much, it's caused alot of filler and watered down the main season 2 elements, i think the show works better as 13 episodes per season.....but i'm sure they want to make enough for Lost Girl to be sold into syndication, i'm sure it'll do and sell well there.

Advertisement