Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 raspute

Got cut off just now, my last billing date was the 1st March and I signed up for the three months on the 30th of December. Exactly 90 days from that date would be tomorrow. I bet they just cut me off today to stop them seeing the matches on today. Otherwise I don't see how they would come up with the 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Sorry but don't want read back trough all the pages can someone please confirm setanta are showing all 4 days of the master this year as I am a sky customer but don't have sports pack and was going to get it for the masters. So I'm thinking setenta will be cheaper plus they have gaa. So if I sign up today how much does it cost and are there an deals going thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well Sky have it this year, so I would be very surprised if BT have it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

raspute wrote: »
    Got cut off just now, my last billing date was the 1st March and I signed up for the three months on the 30th of December. Exactly 90 days from that date would be tomorrow. I bet they just cut me off today to stop them seeing the matches on today. Otherwise I don't see how they would come up with the 29th?

They count the day you sign up as the first day.It's a bit like booking a week in Spain & the first day of the 7 is actually travelling there.

I rang them the other day as my €9.99 for 3 months was coming to an end,they told me the only offer was €12.99 for 2 months...no dice,I said that "my mate rang & got 3 months @ €9.99",put on hold for a minute then got the 3 months @ €9.99 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

raspute wrote: »

same here --- they're acting the flute. Poor customer service but couldn't be bothered ringing them, fcuk em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 raspute

zerks wrote: »
    They count the day you sign up as the first day.It's a bit like booking a week in Spain & the first day of the 7 is actually travelling there.

I rang them the other day as my €9.99 for 3 months was coming to an end,they told me the only offer was €12.99 for 2 months...no dice,I said that "my mate rang & got 3 months @ €9.99",put on hold for a minute then got the 3 months @ €9.99 again.

Still don't really understand. If it's inclusive with days then should I have had it until midnight last night? If 30th of December was the day I signed up. I don't know why exactly they cut it off for the whole of the 29th to be honest. But I feel as if it's to stop the service before those games. To be honest, trying to figure it out makes my head hurt and I might be wrong but I feel as if I should have had it until today.

I would probably still have it if it weren't for them acting like 12.99 was the only offer when I could read on here that others got 9.99. 12.99 is a good enough deal too, it's just the principle really for me. As expected, they rang back again right before the time was up to say now they have a new offer back again of 9.99. It's obvious that different operators have different strategies, i.e. some people just offer the 9.99 outright, others try to push 12.99 hard but then eventually fold after a conversation with their supervisor, who seems to be made out of fresh air. I was unlucky as I got a right saucy wee lass who wouldn't give me the 9.99 at all and let me cancel but then a month later when she realised she was dealing with someone more stubborn rang back to offer 9.99 but at that point I was happy to lose it after seeing the games coming up. Maybe in the old days when each customer didn't know what other customers were getting offers wise they were more succesful with this tactic but when I can read on here that several people got a 9.99 offer then obviously I'm going to want that too. Anyway, I think I've bored everyone enough talking about the 9.99 offer on here, well I'm certainly boring myself at this stage. I think I'm just distraught that I won't see Baker and Kelly's VSPO ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i renewed by setanta sub on the first of Jan got the three month offer for €9.99 a month, i gave in my notice to cancel on the 24/2/14 and my sub got turned off today the 31/3/14. So fair enough.

will ring back on the 3/4/14 as i want to see the end of the rugby season and the premiership final is on the 31/5/14 so i don't want it turned off that day and the 1/6/14 is a sunday so it should go off on the monday the 2/6/14.

Nothing i want to see on bt sport over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just rang to cancel.....disconnection date may 13th . Was offered 16.99 for 2 months wasn't interested, after a minute more of small talk was offered 12.99 for 2 months. I'm not really interested in keeping sub as I watch fun all TV during summer, but there wasno 9.99 offer coming today anyway.
    I'll wait and see if they call before the sub is up

just rang setanta got three months at €9.99 a month so covers april may june, was told to ring back end of may to see what retention offer they have for july/august.

was going to cancel for the summer but if i can get it at €9.99 a month migt as well hang on

official

€9.99 a month for three months on the setanta website

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lets hope no one is foolish enough to take the annual sub ;)

Monthly Package Special Offer: €9.99 per month for the first 3 months with no connection fee!

Annual Package Subscribe now and get the Setanta Sports Pack for €199 per year. That’s 12 months for the price of 10 and there’s no connection fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

kooga wrote: »
    official

Coinciding with the end of the premier league season.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got a call from setanta offering me 9.99 a month for the next 3 months. I declined and she then offered 4 months at 9.99. I'm actually really tempted :/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just got a call from setanta offering me 9.99 a month for the next 3 months. I declined and she then offered 4 months at 9.99. I'm actually really tempted :/

Is that 9.99 per month or 9.99 for the 4 months?

Megager wrote: »
    Is that 9.99 per month or 9.99 for the 4 months?

9.99 per month so half the normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

emmetkenny wrote: »
    9.99 per month so half the normal price.

Im on same deal and they keep extending it when I call to cancel. If your into American sports (NBA, Baseball, NHL), aussie rules, NRL, Nascaar and german, italin football its worth it

Megager wrote: »
    Im on same deal and they keep extending it when I call to cancel. If your into American sports (NBA, Baseball, NHL), aussie rules, NRL, Nascaar and german, italin football its worth it

I watch ufc so I think I might take the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

kooga wrote: »
    official

Is that for existing customers only or can new avail of it too? And does it include bt sport (I need this for NBA).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is that for existing customers only or can new avail of it too? And does it include bt sport (I need this for NBA).

Thanks!

The setanta deal is bt sport 1 and 2 and ESPN aswell as setanta Ireland and setanta 1. I think it's for existing customers but I'd ring then up because they are very open to negotiation. Say something like in interested in subscribing but I can't really afford 20 euro a month. Play up the fact that the PL season is almost over and then ask is three any deals going. You will very likely be offered this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

What's all this talk about the football being over til August? It's usually June/July when Setanta's coverage of football starts. This is an Irish forum yes? Or am I on boards.co.uk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

No you're on boards.ie.
    Where's the mention of football over till august?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Most people are referring to coverage of the English Premiership. As there are only 3 round of games left (a couple of teams have a game in hand) then effectively the football as we know it will be over in a couple of weeks and wont start until mid August again

muffler wrote: »
    Most people are referring to coverage of the English Premiership. As there are only 3 round of games left (a couple of teams have a game in hand) then effectively the football as we know it will be over in a couple of weeks and wont start until mid August again

replace that with rugby as we know it will be over at the end of may............and not back till september and from next season there will be no top 14 on bt, setanta and espn!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

Can this thread not be closed. As the title says 1 euro offer. New thread could be for the newer offer they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I presume BT Sport will show pre-season friendlies, Man City and Liverpool games probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

Thats gas. I rang them just now and was only offered there annual contract @ €199. Anyone any ideas on how to get the €9.99 package ?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I rang them about 4.30 today to cancel and they offered me the 12.99 deal I told them that was the deal I was on and when I told the guys in work they all laughed at me because they were all on the 9.99 deal. I was put on hold and the agent came back and offered me the 9.99 deal for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

Thanks for the reply. What would you suggest I try?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

alanbk wrote: »

Do what I did threaten to cancel if you are with them or tell them that you have read online the deals that others are getting so why aren't you been offered a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

alanbk wrote: »

I'd imagine just ringing back and speaking to someone else would be enough. These offers are available, however it can ultimately depend on the person you're speaking with.

Advertisement