Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a video of your swing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Maybe this will help to show what I mean........you need to get help on your setup and swing thoughts (like me and everyone else).

kph.png

rory.png

Can you see how your hips are swaying onto the outside of your back foot whereas Rory doesn't? At the top of the swing, your right hip has slid past the line I drew whereas Rory's hasn't......maybe practice with a stick stuck into the ground just to the right of your right hip - you shouldn't touch it with your right hip on your backswing. Also notice how Rory's head has stayed behind his left hip - your head is above your left hip and it looks like you are almost falling forwards (a reverse pivot?). Hence it looks like your hips are sliding back down the line. Maybe cock your right knee in towards the ball at address and feel that you keep your hips passive/quiet (not easy to explain and like everything in golf you can overdo it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Thanks stockdam. That's a good help the stills really help put it into perspective. Can't see it properly on the videos but their is a huge amount of sway their :o

No it's not a reverse pivot, but only since I throw the weight back(by swaying obviously :rolleyes: )

Would you believe I have actually been working on my setup. The way my head tilts to my left is only minuet compared to what it has been in the past. Also battling open shoulders at address when I keep them square I feel as if I am going so far right it is not funny :eek:

It's a wonder I even occasionally hit it straight ;) I appreciate the effort so thanks. Not sure where to start fixing this though :rolleyes:

Seeing the ol swing in a still really bring out the use for the :o:eek: and :rolleyes: smilies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

k.p.h wrote: »
    It's a wonder I even occasionally hit it straight ;) I appreciate the effort so thanks. Not sure where to start fixing this though :rolleyes:

You get through the ball well so my guess is that you hit the ball fairly well but can be erratic at times. I think you may be erratic because you need to get everything right to get back to impact perfectly. I think your hip slide is due to you wanting to hit the ball hard - a quiet backswing then a smooth forward swing can work well.

A few tweaks and I think you'll be more consistent.

I think I'l actually start by getting my address correct and slow the tempo down as much as I can till I get things moving the right direction. I'l hit a couple of hundred balls this week and see how it go's. I'l keep you posted anyway. Appreciate the help it's hard to constructively criticise a swing when it's yourself you are looking at. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well lads anyone here ever deal with the problem of head dipping on your backswing and how to sort it..? can't seem to shake it , I'v been doing it for quite a while now .

You seem to be collapsing on your left leg and moving the rest of the body with it like in that picture posted above there. If you can try to limit that it'd be a big help.

Also, it's only a small point but you should invest in golf shoes and wear them always. I thought you seemed to be sliding a little just after you hit the ball. It might help you.

Actually just noticed the driving range you're at. It's only 2 minutes up the road from me. Just heading up there now to hit a few balls :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

To go with what's already been said, to me it looks like your weight is not staying on the inside of your right foot on your backswing, which in turn facilitates a swaying motion. You need to keep as much of the weight of your backswing as possible on the inside of your right foot as this will keep your knee bent and also help to stop you swaying.

You can practice this by sticking something under the outside of your right foot, like the shaft of a club, to give you an idea of what it feels like.

Ye are spot on guys. Really weight really dose go to the outside of my right foot. After stockdams analysis of my address position I realised I was not getting my address position right. I'm too stacked with no side tilt. It's pretty easy see in the comparison with McIlroys setup.

I'm only after hitting a few shots into my practice net this morning but setting up with the correct side tilt is really helping alleviate the dip. It's feels like it's nearly impossible to sway when you set up in a correct manner. My left knee still want's to dip though, might be a bit tricky to shake. Might be a bit tricky hit the ball for a while too :rolleyes:

Yeah Jimmy its a great range! Travel to get to it even though their is one closer to home, been going their for the last few years so fairly friendly with the proprietor, sound man and have gotten some great advice of him over that time. Oh and shoes were at home was planning for the mats and amazingly a bit of sunshine appeared so I ventured out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

k.p.h : Just something to help you (I do the same myself!)
    - Put your driver alongside your right foot. (The middle of the club really)
    - Take another club and put it across your shoulders. Cross your hands to hold the club in place.
    - Now, rotate your shoulders, body the same way you would on your swing.

What you need to happen is the club on your shoulders should be pallarell to the driver on the floor just before you flex your wrists.

Do you find that helpful? I can post a video if you don't undersatnd me!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Kingser wrote: »
    k.p.h : Just something to help you (I do the same myself!)
    - Put your driver alongside your right foot. (The middle of the club really)
    - Take another club and put it across your shoulders. Cross your hands to hold the club in place.
    - Now, rotate your shoulders, body the same way you would on your swing.

What you need to happen is the club on your shoulders should be pallarell to the driver on the floor just before you flex your wrists.

Do you find that helpful? I can post a video if you don't undersatnd me!
    Will you post a video - I cannot get my shoulders parallel so would help to see how you do it :)

• Advertisement

Not sure if I get exactly what you mean Kingser. If you could explain or get a video going that would be great.

It's amazing how much posture and address position can effect how you hit the ball I must say. I thought I was not doing to bad but the more I look at myself the more I can see how far off I was. I was making compensations all over the place to even just swing through the ball.

Another thing I wanted to mention is how I was led on a wild goose chase with the old ball flight laws. Pretty much the way I understood it from a couple of years ago (also the way the PGA thought it) when I started was the club path was where the ball started and the club face determined the spin on the ball.

I'm sure you have all heard it said. "Swing the direction you want the ball to start and aim the clubface where you want it to finish". Their are videos of Nick Faldo and even tiger Woods on youtube saying this.

Absolute balls. :rolleyes:

As it turns out according to the science (OEM science). The clubface determines 80-90% of the starting path of the ball and it's your swingpath that determines the spin on the ball

Here I was all last year trying to correct flight issues thinking I was not getting the clubface square when it really was my swingpath all along. Some waste of time TBH.

Also worth noting that this is how pro golfers have described how to get draw and fade for year's. Aim your body where you want the ball to start and clubface where you want it to land. Turns out that none of them knew what they were doing and it was all feel for them. They must have had some wicked compensations in their swings executing this too.

One more thing. Closed drivers to help against a slice. They don't really help much at all. They don't take side spin off the ball to prevent slice. All they do is start the ball further left so you slice back to where you were aiming. Mental stuff this wish I knew about it sooner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

I'm going up the range tonight guys and I'll post a video soon as! Sorry for the wait. Its a good routine and it helped me in a massive way, a good 50 yards was added to my clubs thanks to it. Just find this on my laptop guys!! Should explain what I was trying to say.
    - k.p.h, your swing is good, relaxed. If it works for you, play with it. But to get more yards, you need more weight on your right and then flow all that weight through with the swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

guys,im having ssoo much trouble hitting a fairway wood.so much im using a 5iron instead and wasting a shot.
    Anyone any tips or videos to help me out?

Sean

PS.And when i mean trouble,Im setting up swinging and the balls spins on ground and flys straight up past my head,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Sounds like your trying to murder it,try swinging it slower,pick a spot on the back of the ball and don't take your eyes of it.

Kingser wrote: »
    I'm going up the range tonight guys and I'll post a video soon as! Sorry for the wait. Its a good routine and it helped me in a massive way, a good 50 yards was added to my clubs thanks to it. Just find this on my laptop guys!! Should explain what I was trying to say.
    - k.p.h, your swing is good, relaxed. If it works for you, play with it. But to get more yards, you need more weight on your right and then flow all that weight through with the swing.

Ah Kingser now I get ya. Thats spot on I reckon in regards to helping me. Despite my denial of a reverse pivot to stockdam throwing my weight back on to my right foot dose not make it not a reverse pivot. I realise now your body should load up behind the ball with your head always behind the ball. After a bit of youtube analysis every good golfer ever loads up like that, with their spine tilting away from the target and head behined the ball.

I believe I started doing it in a double whammy attempt the keep my head down and shift my weight back. Head down so much as it falls in front of the ball = bad move. Weight back by swaying = bad move. I was almost hitting it in a stack and tilt style method. Another tip that I think is helping now is keep left cheek behind the ball and look at the ball out of my left eye, really helps stay back.

Appreciate the tip nice one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

guys,im having ssoo much trouble hitting a fairway wood.so much im using a 5iron instead and wasting a shot.
    Anyone any tips or videos to help me out?

Sean

PS.And when i mean trouble,Im setting up swinging and the balls spins on ground and flys straight up past my head,lol

Give this a try - helped me greatly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5gzmIeRQ8

I aim to skip just behind the ball and when I do it right it flies

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hi Guys,

Been playing for 2 years, have the handicap down to 8 now. My main issue is an odd hook with the driver. Not sure why. Maybe some of the low handicapers can spot something. Thanks,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrMtpvyESU&feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Been playing for 2 years, have the handicap down to 8 now. My main issue is an odd hook with the driver. Not sure why. Maybe some of the low handicapers can spot something. Thanks,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrMtpvyESU&feature

Your swing is not fixable. Pack up your clubs, sell them off, and take up a sport where you don't need bottle to win something :p

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Give this a try - helped me greatly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5gzmIeRQ8

I aim to skip just behind the ball and when I do it right it flies

hey,this worked a treat, I can hit ball more then 5 yards now which is always good.
    just need to stop slight hook now :o)

cheers
    Sean

Been working to my swing,pro says i swing too fast for the club that i have???OOOKKK.

Any suggestions.

PS.Sorry its side ways.

Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yz16t6Z0pA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Been working to my swing,pro says i swing too fast for the club that i have???OOOKKK.

Any suggestions.

PS.Sorry its side ways.

Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yz16t6Z0pA

You've got the glove on the wrong hand...Thats only thing I'd be confident saying at my stage of golfing career :)

Have never seen myself swing, must give it a go this eve.

mmm,i actually wear a glove on both hand normally.

But moving along apart from my glove,

anyone any tips??

sean

• Advertisement

anyone any tips??

sean

Right Im no expert but it looks to me that your transition is rushed
    A tip given to me once was to say pause in your head at the top of your backswing and only start downswing after that
    Allows your body to catch up and get sequenced properly before DS starts

If you arms get ahead of your body it would explain the hook
    Setup looks good to me (again stressing no expert)

Shawn Clements stuff on youtube is good (his video I posted previously seemed to help anyway :D). He teaches using heavy momentum and gravity to swing the club.
    Do you feel the weight of the club in your hands when swinging - i mean really feel it ? My guess would be no

But Id start with a pause at the top to smooth the transition and help your sequencing
    HTH - Keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

anyone any tips??

sean

Its hard to see from the Video angle but.

Lean forward and put your weight on the balls of your feet. You will feel the weight yourself.

You need to flex both knees more and hold that position.

You have a short backswing. Try create a bigger back swing and make sure your left bicecep is under your chin so try slow it down on the back swing. On the down swing you need to drive your through using your right arm assuming you are right handed because this is where all the power is and follow through pushing your weight from left to right. Your right will come once you do this. If you lose your balance don't worry, your just not use to it.

Also there is far too much movement from what i can see. You need to hold your stance and position more. Only moving your arms and hips. Keep the legs still and weight forward and HOLD that position.

I'm far from an expert but after getting lessons i've learned that we all make simple mistakes and someone of the above i was doing myself. It takes time but it is possbile.

Hope it helps.

jj72 wrote: »
    Impressed with some of the swings on here. Let me know what ye think of
    My own and any tips always appreciated. Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjtA-BUJ1Kk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Maybe its me but both your arms look very tense so maybe relax them more especially the left arm. Also you could flex both your knees more and feel the weight on the balls of both your feet. Nice swing otherwise.

I'm not expert though.

mmmm.After readying both replies,they both make sense.

- In regards to speed of Movement,Pro says im too fast,(as ye have said)
    but i find if i slow the movement i am going to hit the ball wayyyy less or i am going to make a balls of it.rolls few yards ahead of me to the left

-Also,i am starting to nearly hit the 3wood furture then the driver(this is bad i assume)???

Ill go range tomorrow night and let ye know how i get on.

Cheers.

Sean

mmmm.After readying both replies,they both make sense.

- In regards to speed of Movement,Pro says im too fast,(as ye have said)
    but i find if i slow the movement i am going to hit the ball wayyyy less or i am going to make a balls of it.rolls few yards ahead of me to the left

Your back swing doesn't have to be really slow, you know yourself but its too fast from your video.

Try what alxmorgan said and count to one or trying pausing. I'd defo recommned sticking with lessons.

Where abouts are you based?

• Advertisement

im based in Limerick city.Not too many Pro's around i think

Sean

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

im based in Limerick city.Not too many Pro's around i think

Sean
    My tip would be don't worry about distances. So what if you can only hit 5 iron a hundred yards starting out. It's all about getting your technique right. Before I hit every shot I tell myself it's a swing not a hit as I was guilty of trying to kill the ball.

I notice from your video that you go to Coonagh as well. Maybe get a lesson from Barbara Hackett who owns the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Vanbis wrote: »
    Its hard to see from the Video angle but.

Lean forward and put your weight on the balls of your feet. You will feel the weight yourself.

You need to flex both knees more and hold that position.

You have a short backswing. Try create a bigger back swing and make sure your left bicecep is under your chin so try slow it down on the back swing. On the down swing you need to drive your through using your right arm assuming you are right handed because this is where all the power is and follow through pushing your weight from left to right. Your right will come once you do this. If you lose your balance don't worry, your just not use to it.

Also there is far too much movement from what i can see. You need to hold your stance and position more. Only moving your arms and hips. Keep the legs still and weight forward and HOLD that position.

I'm far from an expert but after getting lessons i've learned that we all make simple mistakes and someone of the above i was doing myself. It takes time but it is possbile.

Hope it helps.

Eh no, he's swinging inside or around and has flat swing plane.

Eh no, he's swinging inside or around and has flat swing plane.

Probably didn't explain it to well but in my opinion he needs to bring the club back further on his back swing. Look at the video he has a short swing like a quick snap. thats my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Probably didn't explain it to well but in my opinion he needs to bring the club back further on his back swing. Look at the video he has a short swing like a quick snap. thats my opinion.

What is a quick snap? He takes the club too far inside of his body, that's why it looks shorter than it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I'm only after hitting a few shots into my practice net this morning but setting up with the correct side tilt is really helping alleviate the dip. It's feels like it's nearly impossible to sway when you set up in a correct manner. My left knee still want's to dip though, might be a bit tricky to shake. Might be a bit tricky hit the ball for a while too :rolleyes:
    Golf is all new to me mate, so i'll only say the best bit of advice I received off the pro i get lessons from. I had the tendency to dip the left knee all the time too, couldn't get my head round how to swing and hit the ball without doing it. More or less I was to get my set up, then lift the left arm so it's parallel to the ground, then imagine his hand pushing my right shoulder back. When my shoulder is pushed back I will feel most of my bodyweight on my right foot.
    More or less, rather than focus on what I'm trying not to do, I can think of something I want to do and it improved my swing to an extent that I'm confident to get out playing, knowing that there is more chance on hitting straight every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Hi guys. I'd love some advice. Posted yesterday informing that I couldn't hit my driver as far as I wanted. I hit it about as far as my 4 iron. Someone suggested I post my swing so here it is. A bit embarrassed doing this but, hey I know I need the help!!!
    I have some driver swings, shot from the side and behind, and a couple of iron swings.
    From looking at it myself I see a few problems.
    I seem to swing too flat. I don't do a very big shoulder turn which has me losing power I presume. It seems when I hit the ball, I'm going slightly backward. I'd love some help guys. Zak.

Driver - Side View:

Driver - View From Behind

Iron Swing - Side View

Iron Swing - From Behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Immediate impressions ... Very little width in your driver swing. You take away on the inside, break your wrists very early and don't complete your swing. It's only a half swing Zak. You're very much stuck to your body too which is the main reason for the lack of width. Look at your right elbow, it's still stuck to your side at the top of the swing. Get that club back and away from your right hip and continue to the top, which should have your right elbow and forearm almost pointing straight down. There are other things I see like poor weight transfer and hip turn but that would be being picky. Get width in your swing to start to allow you to complete a full swing. Hope this is helpful and not just critical. Just my impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0161allin

I totally agree with post above but i would also add when you say hit your shot you go slighly backwards it would say it is because your losing your balance so widen your stance some the widest being for the driver and also notice you put a lot of weight on your left side with your irons i would try keep my weight central threw both feet on your shots but transfering to weight to your left side on your follow threw,maybe your putting weight on left to stop you falling backwards but def widen your stance just my 2 cents from what you show.. Best tip i can give is go get some lessons, it will help you big time, we all need them at some point.

Im not in any position to give any concrete advice,but

If i look at all your videos,your LEFT foot during your turn is always turning up range.
    So that is throwing off your balance.
    your feet arent grounded is kind of wat im saying.

Lessons is the way to go mate

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi Zak. Not the worst swing Ive ever seen. I'd agree with the comments that there isnt enough width in the backswing with the driver and the swing plane is too flat. Its hard to generate a lot of club head speed from that top of swing position in my opinion. Im reluctant to offer swing advice because Im simply not qualified to make those suggestions and wouldnt want you cursing me because something Ive suggested ruined your swing.:)
    If I had to make a comment I would say:
    Work on getting a slightly steeper swing plane feeling like you keep the club head outside your hands on the way back and then get your hands as far away from your head as you can at the top of the backswing.
    The good news is that I dont see a flip at impact and thats half the battle to becoming good at this game im my opinion.
    By the way if you want a real analysis of your swing post it on Manzellas forum. Those guys will go to town on ya.:D
    Also check out Gregg Mchatton vids on youtube, I think he has a super swing and his instruction is top class. Do a search fo Gotham Golf Blog and you will have more vids, info, swing analysis and other golf related stuff than you can handle.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your input guys. It's invaluable to me. And no, I don't see it as being critical. I welcome you guys pointing out my faults. I need to know them so I can improve.
    Thanks Myksyk for letting me know about my width problem, I'll get to work on that straight away.
    0161allin, I never realised that I put more weight on my left side until I looked back at the vid. You're absolutely right. Maybe I do it to try to get myself to hit down on the ball more. I'll try to fix that also.
    Well done judosean2005 for spotting my left foot problem. It's something I'm finding very difficult to shake. I always do it.
    Thanks rafared for your advice. I'll definitely work on that steeper swing plane. Good to see that I'm not a flipper!! By the way I watched that Brian Manzella vid. Interesting stuff and a few things I could take take from it. I'll check out Gregg McHatton also.

I know I have lots of work to do, but I know what I have to work on thanks to you. Cheers.

Anymore feedback very welcome from others! :)

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your input guys. It's invaluable to me. And no, I don't see it as being critical. I welcome you guys pointing out my faults. I need to know them so I can improve.
    Thanks Myksyk for letting me know about my width problem, I'll get to work on that straight away.
    0161allin, I never realised that I put more weight on my left side until I looked back at the vid. You're absolutely right. Maybe I do it to try to get myself to hit down on the ball more. I'll try to fix that also.
    Well done judosean2005 for spotting my left foot problem. It's something I'm finding very difficult to shake. I always do it.
    Thanks rafared for your advice. I'll definitely work on that steeper swing plane. Good to see that I'm not a flipper!! By the way I watched that Brian Manzella vid. Interesting stuff and a few things I could take take from it. I'll check out Gregg McHatton also.

I know I have lots of work to do, but I know what I have to work on thanks to you. Cheers.

Anymore feedback very welcome from others! :)

Been working on more width and one thing I've tried (with some success so far but early days yet) is to push my right hand (right handed) away from my body in the backswing.
    I've always struggled to keep the left arm straight (or stretched out at least) which would improve width but focusing on the right arm for this has helped

Give it a try and let us know

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Been working on more width and one thing I've tried (with some success so far but early days yet) is to push my right hand (right handed) away from my body in the backswing.
    I've always struggled to keep the left arm straight (or stretched out at least) which would improve width but focusing on the right arm for this has helped

Give it a try and let us know

Cheers. On the way to the range soon so will give that a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sternpeak

My swing was never a fullswing so im finding it hard to get use to the feel of a full backswing, it was even shorter than it is now but still working on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYMJAP2wm8

Give some advice and your view on it thanks

Hey, im maybe not the best to give advice on this but this is wat ive seen.

Swing looks pretty good tbh.
    Straight left arm on turn,ball inside of left heel good good

one thing i did notice is that when your starting your back swing your dipping your head.
    so its possible your hitting too much grass as your hitting under the ball.
    Also do u find that your getting alot of height on ball but not much distance??

does this happen you??

Sean

sternpeak wrote: »
    My swing was never a fullswing so im finding it hard to get use to the feel of a full backswing, it was even shorter than it is now but still working on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYMJAP2wm8

Give some advice and your view on it thanks

My two cents.

On your stance, bend both knees ( flex them together ) so you feel the weight on the balls of your two feet. Just make sure on the down swing you hit down and follow through as well.

I'll try get a video up myself over the weekend :D

Hey, im maybe not the best to give advice on this but this is wat ive seen.

Swing looks pretty good tbh.
    Straight left arm on turn,ball inside of left heel good good

one thing i did notice is that when your starting your back swing your dipping your head.
    so its possible your hitting too much grass as your hitting under the ball.
    Also do u find that your getting alot of height on ball but not much distance??

does this happen you??

Sean

Hey sean thanks for commenting, ehm not rly since im using the 710mb blades the projectile is lower than most cavity clubs, so im told, but i seem to have alot of distance, with both irons and woods, i can hit a 3 wood about 210 - 230 meters, thats from my calculations off the tee with 150 to go mark etc.

My two cents.

On your stance, bend both knees ( flex them together ) so you feel the weight on the balls of your two feet. Just make sure on the down swing you hit down and follow through as well.

I'll try get a video up myself over the weekend :D

hey vanbis thanks for the advice, but when i use to bend both knees i use to slice an aweful lot, and i changed to the straight knees which work for me, only problem i seem to have when it does go wrong is a hook, so i could be to to much turn on the impact of the ball or either my alignment of my feet is off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭whizbang

Sternpeak, looks like you have a lot of distance as said, but your awful tight on the club, choking down big time.
    got to let it loose! -bring your hands closer together and more to the end of the club, then let the club do the work. "bend the knees" bit will work better also. best of luck.

Advertisement