Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scrolling down for a second I thought the The Triskelion was the TARDIS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Anyone else think the Coulson/May romance feels a little forced?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Coulson/May romance feels a little forced?

I quite like it. It's actually a little rare on TV or film to watch a middle aged romance; maybe I've selective memory but the last genre equivalent I can think of is Adama/Roslin in the BSG reboot. They tend to be a little less pretentious and melodramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Happy to see from the poster that Robbie is coming back too :) I still hold out hope on Blaze showing up in one of the big movies though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Happy to see from the poster that Robbie is coming back too :) I still hold out hope on Blaze showing up in one of the big movies though

Dunno. I thought that aswell until I spotted Framework Patriot and Radcliffe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Although.. timeloop shenanigans maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hive & Lash
    apparently returning for the 100th episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Hive & Lash
    apparently returning for the 100th episode.
    Who in tarnation names these things?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Penn wrote: »
    Who in tarnation names these things?
    :D

Answers on a postcard please :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

one of the best shows on tv and they want to cancel it..shower of tossers.
    Hopefully the writers on this get picked up by a few other shows (looking at you TWD and improve it dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Disney's streaming service is due to start in 2019 so I could see them either forcing ABC to keep it going for one more season before switching it over to it or letting it go off the air for a season before using a 'return' as a hook to get people onto the new platform. Obvious concern if they stop production is that they lose some of the key cast and crew.

I wonder will they try a tie in with Infinity War / Captain Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Slydice wrote: »
    I wonder will they try a tie in with Infinity War / Captain Marvel

Unlikely TV and Film are pretty much separate these days since the Perlmutter/Feige split

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

If anything deserves an exception it’s this show. Feige’s bosses at Disney should force his hand and allow a real MCU connection here, especially IF, this is the last series, but that’s only if the SHIELD guys want it. They’ve earned the right to go out on their own terms.

I’m still holding out hope for one more season..... and a movie.

kerplun k wrote: »
    If anything deserves an exception it’s this show. Feige’s bosses at Disney should force his hand and allow a real MCU connection here, especially IF, this is the last series, but that’s only if the SHIELD guys want it. They’ve earned the right to go out on their own terms.

I’m still holding out hope for one more season..... and a movie.

Would be great to see them appear in the final Avengers movie especially Coulson

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Unlikely TV and Film are pretty much separate these days since the Perlmutter/Feige split

They’ve tied in practically every big event in the MCU into AoS so I don’t see why they wouldn’t tie in Infinity War. It’s unlikely they will have characters moving between TV and film but if it gets another season the impact of Infinity War will definitely be felt in AoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Blazer wrote: »
    Would be great to see them appear in the final Avengers movie especially Coulson

Personally I'd love to see the fully evolved, "Destroyer of Worlds", Daisy go head to head with the Mad Titan, just to see what she can do with this power.
    (I know Thanos could probably use the Infinity Gauntlet against her, but maybe he'd try some tough guy thing first and fight her (and others) without the glove.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

pjohnson wrote: »

If this is true then the show should be allowed to sail off into the sunset; 5 seasons isn't a bad run, we're hardly talking Firefly levels of cancellation after all. Better too to end on a high than to trickle on for another 3/4 seasons and outstay its welcome.

Plus, if indeed the writers are penning the finale as a definitive ending, all the more reason to just let the show finish up; personally I hate stories that go through narrative gymnastics, just to staple on new chapters after 'The End' - chapters that can often be subpar due to having to rewrite so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The problem with AoS though is that even if they end it this season, S.H.I.E.L.D. are probably still going to be a thing. I'm not into the comics, so I don't know if they're the backbone of the Marvel Universe, so maybe they can write it out.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    If this is true then the show should be allowed to sail off into the sunset; 5 seasons isn't a bad run, we're hardly talking Firefly levels of cancellation after all. Better too to end on a high than to trickle on for another 3/4 seasons and outstay its welcome.

Plus, if indeed the writers are penning the finale as a definitive ending, all the more reason to just let the show finish up; personally I hate stories that go through narrative gymnastics, just to staple on new chapters after 'The End' - chapters that can often be subpar due to having to rewrite so much.

They haven’t prepared a definitive ending, they’re penning a finale to cover both possibilities. Basically, means they’ll tie up the current storylines and won’t have the kind of teases for next season that we’re used to (e.g. being abducted or Daisy on the run with a mystery over who the new director is).

The problem with AoS though is that even if they end it this season, S.H.I.E.L.D. are probably still going to be a thing. I'm not into the comics, so I don't know if they're the backbone of the Marvel Universe, so maybe they can write it out.

Nah comic S.H.I.E.L.D has been gone a few years by this point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I still think my theory on May correcting the timeline and stopping the event is a real runner. Wouldn't interfere with the movies, SHIELD carries on, job done.

There would be no next season though.

Will miss it that’s for sure. The only other show I still enjoy to the same thrill is izombie.

awesome..didn't realise it was back tonight.
    woohoo..

I hope, now that they're back in our time, the variation in sets and scope will expand out a little; as efficient and punchy as the Lighthouse material was, I got real sick of those same 3/4 grey box-rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That was epic Mac really missing shotgun axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was great. I yelped when I saw that injury.

Next week's Episode 100 is an important one, apparently.

I wonder is Hale assembling Thunderbolts team or something?

• Advertisement

*twitch*
    HER ARMS!!!
    :eek:

Also now I'm confused. I thought they broke the time loop but now it's possibly back on course. I assume it'll be down to Coulson
    having to die.. again.. for real.. maybe

Advertisement