Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New episode was great and Wentworth Miller is perfect as Captain Cold. Its on a break next week but the preview for the next few episodes looks great. Also
    That end scene with Captain Cold and Heatwave

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well now i need to watch Arrow. If just for Felicity!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Well now i need to watch Arrow. If just for Felicity!

Exactly how I feel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, she looked well in the episode. No complaints about that dress.
    And if watching Arrow you'll enjoy when she goes undercover as usually involves wearing similar dresses. :)

Anyway, great episode. Wentworth Miller was pretty good as Cold.

And enjoyed the humour as well, like Barry trying to run backwards and crashing and his team just reacting as if it's perfectly normal now.

Watched the pilot this afternoon and really enjoyed it, it's the perfect superhero show and the fact that it celebrates the characters and its bright world is a welcome change if pace. It feels very much like the comic of the 60s and 80s and the decision not to go all gritty really sets it apart. Barry is incredibly likeable but it's Joe who is the heart of the show, his relationship with Barry is where the show can really stand out and it's something I'm looking forward to seeing explored.

I think that the biggest issue with the pilot is that the villain of the week was so underused, he had a few lines of dialogue and his powers seemed less like an ability to control the weather and more like a cheap human smoke machine. For the show to really standout it needs to develope the villains, the Flash always had the more colourful and fun baddies and hopefully we get to see a few who get a bit of character development. I also hope that we see some other heroes pop up as its be a little boring if all those hit by the lightning are evil bar Barry.

The final scene was interesting and sets up the show but I'm hoping that this isn't going to be a ten year story. Hopefully they'll get to 2014 before we do as it would be interesting to see a superhero show set in the future, even if it only is a few years from now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has anyone tried to explain the meaning of a secret identity to Barry? Just met Plastique and reveals his identity. And has no problem removing his mask at any time. Even when surrounded by army members

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder who Wells really is, Vandal Savage comes to mind given his obsession with time, poor choice of words but I did enjoy his monkey business at the end there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Haven't been able to get into Arrow but made a conscious effort to get into The Flash. I have to say that I'm enjoying it a lot, my only problem is Iris. I just find the actress to be weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I could be clutching at straws but when Wells used the phrase "reversal of fortune " with Ealing it felt like a reverse flash nod to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I could be clutching at straws but when Wells used the phrase "reversal of fortune " with Ealing it felt like a reverse flash nod to me.

He's not Reverse Flash but that was probably a nod alright, good spot!

Another great episode. This show is knocking it out of the park every week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have the first few episodes have already been better than all the seasons of arrow put together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Started looking at this I like it. It works well and Plus my daughter like a looking at it with me so win win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have the first few episodes have already been better than all the seasons of arrow put together!
    hardly season 1 of arrow was awesome, but its been pretty good alright

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

don ramo wrote: »
    hardly season 1 of arrow was awesome, but its been pretty good alright

After watching through the first 2 seasons of Arrow, i'm inclined to agree here. Excellent series, which made me wonder why i've never watched it until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So i think its pretty obvious who killed Barrys mother now.

It's a red herring, they did the same in arrow for the dark archer. They made it look like it was one person and then revealed him to be a totally different person instead. It could still be him or it could be Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it's Well's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I'm finding it hard to warm to this show. I know Arrow wasn't great until probably half way through season 1 but I find this show far cheesier and dialogue horrible. I know Arrow is no masterclass in these areas but its still not as bad.

However I think the main draw back is the supporting cast. Apart from Wells who has a bit of mystery around him and is a half decent actor, the other two side kicks are awful. They are so bad I can't remember their names, your one can't act and is annoying, the hippy lad with the long hair is probably ever worse. As for the love interest, I'd take Laurel from Arrow over her any day, and she wrecks my head.

Just compare them to Diggle and Felicity,even Roy, and they are just so poor and bring the show down. If Diggle or Felicity died I'd be annoyed, if anything happened to these two clowns in Flash, I wouldn't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Being a fan of the comics I already know who killed his mother. The show is so full of comic easter eggs. Can't wait to see what they do with Firestorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

In many ways it's a better show I think than it ought to be. It's funnier than Arrow, and isn't burdened with the dead parents etc. that Arrow had. While the supporting cast aren't remarkable I'd agree, they're not that bad either. Aside from being hot though, I don't really buy the actress playing Ciatlin in the role. She looks too young for starters to be the accomplished doctor she's portraying. In fiarness she looks like she just enrolled in medical school.

• Advertisement

Good episode this week with more focus on Wells.
    Next weeks Arrow vs Flash Crossover looks epic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm enjoying the Flash more than the Arrow now. The Arrow is all gruff voices and superhero posers, but it's still entertaining for what it is. The Flash (as a show) has more heart than any network TV show airing this year. This week's episode was superb.

Nice intro to the Clockmaster there, I imagine that there will be a lot more going on with him. It was also actually kinda nice to see Tony half redeem himself by telling Barry to run (knowing that Farooq was a level up, in terms of power)

Did everyone like Moreena Baccarin voicing Gideon?

Nice intro to the Clockmaster there, I imagine that there will be a lot more going on with him. It was also actually kinda nice to see Tony half redeem himself by telling Barry to run (knowing that Farooq was a level up, in terms of power)

Did everyone like Moreena Baccarin voicing Gideon?
    Clock king was actually on Arrow last season, also that's two meta humans that Wells has asked to kill someone but ended up dead just before they could tell Barry

Clock king was actually on Arrow last season, also that's two meta humans that Wells has asked to kill someone but ended up dead just before they could tell Barry

I got it wrong in two I put his name down wrong and now that you mention it I remember him in Arrow now!

Given taking a sample from Farooq is Wells
    Professor Zoom / Reverse Flash and time traveling?

I got it wrong in two I put his name down wrong and now that you mention it I remember him in Arrow now!

Given taking a sample from Farooq is Wells
    Professor Zoom / Reverse Flash and time traveling?

Yeah there is many theories on the identity of the man in the yellow suit
    Its either Zoom or reverse Flash who came from the future and killed Barry's mom and most people think its either Wells or Eddie but I've a feeling its going to be some one we don't expect. Barry will actually meet him in the episode in 2 weeks time but won't see his face as its vibrating.

Easter Egg for names Wells mentioned died in the explosion
    Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man
    Will Everett- Amazing Man
    Al Rothstein - Atom Smasher
    Bea de Costa - Fire
    Grant Emerson - Damage

Always preferred Plastic Man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Easter Egg for names Wells mentioned died in the explosion
    Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man
    Will Everett- Amazing Man