Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bags in the City (downstairs in Eyre Sq Centre) looking for part time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I presume most people have heard about shopify? 50 remote/work from home jobs, more details at shopify Galway.com or vice versa
    Roles are support mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Front Door, Neactains, Busker Brownes, Artisan and Le Petit Delice all looking for staff. There must have been a mass exodus from 'the Latin Quarter' over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume most people have heard about shopify? 50 remote/work from home jobs, more details at shopify Galway.com or vice versa
    Roles are support mainly.

Anyone been to one of their meet & greet events this week?
    Any good?
    Worth attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Anyone know how you get one of those jobs where you just hold a sign? I presume the pay is pretty miserable but seems easy and I've tried about 30 places but nothing so far!

• Advertisement

Thought it may be worth giving people a heads up about Energizing Plus as every day they advertise a number of positions on the various job sites.

Couple of weeks back I send off my CV to a load of places and got a call and then an email from them. In the on-line ad the job was described as office work and a salary of 17-22K a year. Had a feeling that something was off about it from the way the guy on the phone talked about it but figured it's been awhile since I interviewed for a job so the experience would be good.

On the day I went to the office and was greeted by a receptionist who told me to take a seat and the manager would be speak to me in a moment. He went into an office and left me sitting for 5 minutes. Eventually he popped his head out of the door and said "we will see you now". The office was bare but for a desk and two chairs, nothing hung on the walls. not a single item on the table. It looked as if they'd just literally moved in. Most surprising of all was that there was no "we" but rather it was the receptionist who interviewed me.

During the interview he went off on some prepared spiel about how much money I could make and how the benefits were amazing. He illustrated the way the company words by drawing an inverted pyramid and when I said the whole thing feels like a pyramid scheme he repeatedly pointed to the diagram he had drawn and said "a pyramid points upward". At this stage I had long ago realised that what he was doing was trying to dress up door to door sales as something enticing and just wanted out of there. I did ask what the salary was and he said that "there is no salary but rather commissions. You get 25 euro per sale and can easily do 100 sales a week". As you can imagine those figures don't really add up and when I pulled him on it he replied that "yes, many of our reps do 100 sales a week". I pointed out that doing 100 sales a week at 25 euro a sale earns you 25.000 a week and you could see his entire face drop. He corrected himself and said that the average sale per rep per day was 4 and that the highest ever in a day was 13. At this stage I tried to hide my laughter and got up to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They're the Vodafone D2D guys too IIRC. They tend to have a rake of different positions eternally available on the likes of jobs.ie requiring little to no experience. Their turnover of sales reps is massive.

They're the Vodafone D2D guys too IIRC. They tend to have a rake of different positions eternally available on the likes of jobs.ie requiring little to no experience. Their turnover of sales reps is massive.

The job I applied for didn't have their name attached as if it had I would never have bothered given that it's pretty clear what they are up to.

Should point out that I'm looking for a job at the minute, looking for office based work as I've spent the best part of the past two years unable to walk due to messing up my leg and while I'm getting better I'm not in a position where I can spent 8-10 hours a day on it.

Goya's. Chef and KP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Thought it may be worth giving people a heads up about Energizing Plus as every day they advertise a number of positions on the various job sites.

Couple of weeks back I send off my CV to a load of places and got a call and then an email from them. In the on-line ad the job was described as office work and a salary of 17-22K a year. Had a feeling that something was off about it from the way the guy on the phone talked about it but figured it's been awhile since I interviewed for a job so the experience would be good.

On the day I went to the office and was greeted by a receptionist who told me to take a seat and the manager would be speak to me in a moment. He went into an office and left me sitting for 5 minutes. Eventually he popped his head out of the door and said "we will see you now". The office was bare but for a desk and two chairs, nothing hung on the walls. not a single item on the table. It looked as if they'd just literally moved in. Most surprising of all was that there was no "we" but rather it was the receptionist who interviewed me.

During the interview he went off on some prepared spiel about how much money I could make and how the benefits were amazing. He illustrated the way the company words by drawing an inverted pyramid and when I said the whole thing feels like a pyramid scheme he repeatedly pointed to the diagram he had drawn and said "a pyramid points upward". At this stage I had long ago realised that what he was doing was trying to dress up door to door sales as something enticing and just wanted out of there. I did ask what the salary was and he said that "there is no salary but rather commissions. You get 25 euro per sale and can easily do 100 sales a week". As you can imagine those figures don't really add up and when I pulled him on it he replied that "yes, many of our reps do 100 sales a week". I pointed out that doing 100 sales a week at 25 euro a sale earns you 25.000 a week and you could see his entire face drop. He corrected himself and said that the average sale per rep per day was 4 and that the highest ever in a day was 13. At this stage I tried to hide my laughter and got up to leave.

Found that to be an hilarious read !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

100 sales at 25 a sale would be 2500.

joeguevara wrote: »
    100 sales at 25 a sale would be 2500.

I'm well aware what it is, it's a simple typo given that I typed it up on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I'm well aware what it is, it's a simple typo given that I typed it up on my phone.

Doesn't look like a typo. You put the full stop after the 25.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Doesn't look like a typo. You put the full stop after the 25..

Good morning Poirot!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Parse

Reliable cleaner wanted for city center apartment. Apartment needs cleaning on a weekly basis. Start at 12.00 and finish 15.30. Days of week change each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 YazzaMan

Hey

I've a skip full of rubble to move from the back of the house to a skip in the front. I'm hoping to get a hand to half the workload on myself.

Does anyone know of someone (reliable).... or where would I find someone to help me with a garden clearout / skip fill on Saturday?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 YazzaMan

The going rate paid in cash, for 8am to 5pm work

• Registered Users Posts: 5 trespaser

YazzaMan wrote: »
    Hey

I've a skip full of rubble to move from the back of the house to a skip in the front. I'm hoping to get a hand to half the workload on myself.

Does anyone know of someone (reliable).... or where would I find someone to help me with a garden clearout / skip fill on Saturday?

Cheers

Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rolox

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any part time jobs that I could start near September? Going into my final year in university and I am currently on a work placement position that finishes at the end of August.

I am very good with technology as have been studying it for he last 3 years and I also have tech support and office work experience.

If anybody knows of anything please give me a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 donallmac17

YazzaMan wrote: »
    Hey

Cheers

sent you a pm. I'm a reliable,punctual worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Saw that this was posted about 2 hours ago, and thought it might be of interest to some folks.
    Anyone looking for retail jobs there's vacancies on ABC bookshop, jack and Jones, Vera Moda, the Card Shop (all on the shopping centre) and the ecig store in eglington street. All had signs up this morning!

Euro Giant on Mainguard Street too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭b.gud

Sign in the window of Redcats saloon in the Eyre sq shopping says looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Looks like a new Mexican food place opening on abbeygate street. Staff wanted sign up. Not sure what/how many positions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Deli staff wanted in day-today shop in wood quay

Galway Roast in the ESC hiring.

Just on the offchance, anybody looking for a French translator/proofreader? Friend of mine asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

Hey guys, just thought I'd post here on the off chance that someone might know somebody who can do what I require.

Basically in the next 2-3 days or so I will have roughly 500 bags (nut bags) of turf on a bog in Bullaun out beside Loughrea. The bog is excellent and no problem for car/van/lorry to access it. So I'm looking to get these bags of turf delivered back to my house about 10 minutes away from Gort. About a 40 minute journey in total.

The budget I've marked out for this is €200.

If anyone knows anyone that might be interested in doing it, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement