Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dvkv7

Going back to college in September but will be moving up before that, anybody know of any place looking for bar staff either full time or part time in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ih8smellies

Does anyone know what agency Boston scientific or Medtronic use for hiring General Operatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭spurshero

Pretty sure Medtronic use Cregg . Not sure bout Boston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Boston use I.C.E. as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

Hey if anyone could help me I would be really grateful!
    I'm a 19 year old student going back to college in September and in desperate need of a job. Honestly willing to take anything going. Does anyone know anywhere hiring? Preferably those with no experience. Thanks so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

Hey I'm a 19 year old student looking for any work going. I have no experience at all so really starting to wonder would anyone employ me at all!!:(
    Does anyone know any place hiring? Or know of any shops/hotels etc that start looking for people come September?
    Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does anyone know if its difficult to get work in any of the electrical repair shops, phones and that. I've a fair bit of experience but none of it is formal work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Smyths Argos Dunnes Tesco etc would start recruiting now for Christmas.

• starting college so would like a weekend job, but bot many places advertising for weekend staff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Advertisement

• All the jobs for boston scientific seem to be for engineers and techinians, No mention of general operatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Hi! Does the start of the academic year have any effect on the job market here? I am new in Galway and would appreciate any commentaries on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hi! Does the start of the academic year have any effect on the job market here? I am new in Galway and would appreciate any commentaries on the subject.

In my experience, only a little. Most places have the pick of the litter when it comes to workers now. So many will avoid hiring students in favor of somebody they can call on whenever possible. So, I don't think students would be much of a threat...rather the fact there's such a large unemployment rate and you'll be competing with many others....

Kind of, sort of...At least that's what I think. At the same time, I had a friend looking for people at his place two years ago. The job was advertised for a year and there was no interest. My sister was a manager in Sligo about 4 years ago. Had 4 open positions. Only found 1 person after months of looking... Anyways. Getting off topic. I don't think you'll have much extra competition with students..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Wompa1 wrote:
    In my experience, only a little. Most places have the pick of the litter when it comes to workers now. So many will avoid hiring students in favor of somebody they can call on whenever possible. So, I don't think students would be much of a threat...rather the fact there's such a large unemployment rate and you'll be competing with many others....

Wompa1 wrote:
    Kind of, sort of...At least that's what I think. At the same time, I had a friend looking for people at his place two years ago. The job was advertised for a year and there was no interest. My sister was a manager in Sligo about 4 years ago. Had 4 open positions. Only found 1 person after months of looking... Anyways. Getting off topic. I don't think you'll have much extra competition with students..

Wompa1, thank you so much for your reply! Very helpful and reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

Hi I'm looking for a carpenter to do roughly 2 days work ....shelving with 2 doors in a bedroom .I will provide the materials but not the tools .10e an hour .Please contact me through boards if you know of anyone good .Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mademoiselle_r

Does anyone know how to get a student internship with SAP Galway? I cannot find it anywhere on the website and really want to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I'm looking for;

Part Time Instore Merchandiser for Knocknacarra

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Approx 6 - 8 hours a week

Early Morning Starts - (7am)

3 Days a week - (Mon, Wed, Fri)

€8.65 per hour

Also looking for;

Part Time Instore Merchandiser for Westside

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Approx 6-8 hours a week

Early Morning Starts - (6am)

3 Days a week - (Tues, Thurs, Sat)

€8.65 per hour

(The two positions above could be done by one person if it was to suit)

Would suit mature person.

Experience desirable.

Immediate Start for the right person.

Feel free to PM me directly for email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I'm looking for;

Part Time Instore Merchandiser for Knocknacarra

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Approx 6 - 8 hours a week

3 Days a week - (Mon, Wed, Fri)

€8.65 per hour

Also looking for;

Part Time Instore Merchandiser for Westside

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Approx 6-8 hours a week

Early Morning Starts - (6am)

3 Days a week - (Tues, Thurs, Sat)

€8.65 per hour

(The two positions above could be done by one person if it was to suit)

Would suit mature person.

Experience desirable.

Immediate Start for the right person.

Feel free to PM me directly for email address.

I'm looking for;

Part Time Instore Merchandiser for Briarhill

Experience Desirable

Hours Vary - Approx 10 hours a week

4 Days a week - (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat) - 1 hour on a Sat.

€8.65 per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yarrumD

Hi, I've just moved to Galway and will have work from Dec/Jan so just wondering if anyone knows of any shops or anywhere at all looking for any temp/casual staff? Would take even a few days here and there just to tide me over. Have cafe/coffee shop and kitchen exp so Have started dropping CVs in cafes etc but just said I'd ask here! Thanks

Paraffin, Tommy Hilfiger, Poppyseed Cafe(might be a different name now) all hiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Starbucks is looking for a store manager.

http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1479765

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lilly mae

Does anyone know how to get a student internship with SAP Galway? I cannot find it anywhere on the website and really want to apply.

Hi did you get sorted with SAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I don't know what your lifestyle / working situation is, but if you're eligible for JobBridge, SAP occasionally advertise on there for Interns.

Xtra Vision and some sort of phone accessory shop hiring n the GSC.

Starbucks looking for full time baristas for the Galway shop. Anyone know where they are opening?

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1488108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Starbucks looking for full time baristas for the Galway shop. Anyone know where they are opening?

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1488108

I'm sure it's for the NUIG one
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/33045/starbucks-opens-its-first-galway-caf-in-nuig

D Trent wrote: »

As far as I know this one is going to be a stand alone. Aramark run the one in NUIG whereas this job was posted by Colfee Ltd who run the Starbucks in the likes of Dublin, Cork and Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Wayfair are currently hiring sales and customer service staff for the UK market
    They also have a lot of other jobs in Galway , particularly for German speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sign in boojum about a career day tomorrow (7th Nov) Apparently you show up with your cv. Didn't get a proper read of the sign because... burritos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Cutie2012

Hi, I'm a 26 year old out going, positive, professional, enthusiastic, motivated individual. I excel at reception/secretarial work with a good eye for detail. I don't mean to sound blunt but people do like me very much, I am easy to relate to and love working as part of a team...
    I find it very hard to find office work in the City or suberbs... Has anybody any hints or tips in this area of how to gain employment?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement