Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Absolutely anything by the end! Clothes, new guitar, giant inflatable banana!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Absolutely anything by the end! Clothes, new guitar, giant inflatable banana!!
    Need a new pair of headphones. A donation wouldnt go astray :p

My Arrrgh.

My dad works. My mam doesent. My sister is in England studying. All the bills they pay, yet we get no grants, your parents both work, your sister is in secondary. You just got a grant, another grant and bloody medical card. This is just bullshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Brr! Jaysus, it's cold. My house appears to have no heating whatsoever! Positives include being able to store milk at room-temperature, and getting to keep a pet penguin. *constructs a wearable igloo out of scarves and jumpers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Brr! Jaysus, it's cold. My house appears to have no heating whatsoever! Positives include being able to store milk at room-temperature, and getting to keep a pet penguin. *constructs a wearable igloo out of scarves and jumpers*

Do tell us more about this penguin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Being a teacher isnt worth the stress!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Damn kids!!

Ah but it's an important job! Kids are the future y'know....

...unless we stop them while they're young. :pac:

I actually wanna cry. So ****ing stressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

*takes deep breath*

Getting completely sick of racists, hypocrites and people who are just plain ignorant.

I get it, you don't like anyone who is foreign, I don't need to hear all of these fúckin' stupid ignorant and quite frankly disgusting comments. If this person is bad or lower than you, you better have a damn good reason other than the colour of their skin or their ethnic background. Stop tarring entire races and ethnic backgrounds because of the actions of a select few. In fact no, don't take any of that into - judge the person, not the colour of their skin or their religion or the country they're from. I wouldn't give your bullshít racist opinions the time of day if I was paid to!

Stop saying that "the Irish people need to get off their asses and protest". I've tried doing my bit, I got no support from you, in fact you stopped me from even going to protests and trying to make a point. How about you do something. I took time out of my study to do so, you've loads of fúckin' time to do so. So stop being a hypocrite and get out and do what you want everyone else to do!

Also, yeah I will occasionally say "I really need some cash" or "I need a job". Stop telling me to "get a job" or "get out and find one", it's really fúckin' difficult to find part time work, have you tried? Oh wait no - you haven't!

TLDR - I really can't stand the people around me.

*takes another deep breath* Sorry for the essay, need to vent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I fcuk off to the library for 5 hours to do my essay, doesnt give you right to chuck half my fcuking food in the bin! That was my dinner :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The awkward moment when you realise you don't really like a lot of your friends any more.... :/

I think some of my friends actually like the attention when they're fraped..... seriously, there's one group of my friends that are fraped at least three times a week... and the people that do it still think they're hilarious.

"X_Yson
    Oh, I love c**k!!"

Inevitable comment cycle:

Gobsh*te No. 1:
    "Oh, I'd say this wasn't a frape at all! Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah MEGALOLZ ROFLCOPTER!!!!!"

Gobsh*te No.2:
    "ZOMG!!! Whoever did this is sooooooo funny!!!!!! No one has ever thought of putting up a status making the person seem as though they're horny before!!!"

X_Yson
    "I'm gonna kill whoever did this!!!"

F*ck off!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you realise you don't really like a lot of your friends any more.... :/

I can completely empathise with this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Frape statuses got old months ago..its all about adding and poking people now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I've systematically started deleting/blocking my "friends".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I've systematically started deleting/blocking my "friends".

I've been doing this too. I've also been avoiding a select few irl. I think you get to the point where you "grow out of" some of your friends, and I've definitely noticed this since I started college, particlularly with one who would be in my closest friend group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you don't really have a lot of friends to dislike any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Plans for a nice, relaxed drinking session with a friend in his house tonight fell through. I shouldn't feel this disappointed seeing as it was only last minute plans but still, I could have done with a few hours relaxation.

AdamD wrote: »
    Frape statuses got old months ago..its all about adding and poking people now :P

Please tell that to my friends in Tralee IT please.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I hate that drift you get with some friends. I was best friends with one fellah all my life up until about May, and now we just don't get along. The distance is huge between us now. Its not even a hatred sort of thing, its more of a wordless "I don't hang around with the same sort of people as you anymore, and our interests have suddenly forked in different directions, so lets not be friends anymore" sort of thing. Pretty depressing, as he's been there since we were ladeens.

I really miss seeing some of my friends everyday, only thing I hate about college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

So an ex from almost 4 years ago has decided he's madly in love with me. Great...

You know that burn out that people usually get around Christmas in sixth year from killing themselves with work? I'm pretty sure I'm pretty close to it but I can't stop so much college work and work over the next few weeks I'm not quite sure if I'll make it through to the other side. While I've absolutely loved the last few months they're also taking their toll on me I still haven't fully gotten back to normal after my working 6 nights while in college which is why I have so much work to do now.

Also my boss keeps asking me to do more hours and I can't afford to say no do I'm going to have to work a fair amount over Christmas while trying to study for exams.

My plate is seriously overflowing lately. I need to figure out this balance thing I've heard so much about.

I've had wayyy too much flu medicine, I keep drifting in and out of consciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

I really need to sleep, going to the NUI Maynooth open day and a sh*tload of work/study afterwards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Tomorrow night is the first proper night that my year from secondary school are all getting together but i'm not going.. Its for a girls birthday but she's an absolute b***h so i refuse to go after all the ****e she has started about me and other friends in the past. :mad:

I shouldnt of opened my mouth. I said something that should never of left my mouth. \Fúck you alvohol and an android phone,

marko93 wrote: »
    I shouldnt of opened my mouth. I said something that should never of left my mouth. \Fúck you alvohol and an android phone,

Your phone? Reals?

Your phone? Reals?
    Androids are silly, thius makign me something that should of never been said :3 so yeaaah

Androids are silly, thius makign me something that should of never been said :3 so yeaaah

Got a little captain in you, Marko?

• Advertisement

Got a little captain in you, Marko?
    Are you physics? D:

Your phone never makes you do anything :cool:

My arrrrggghhh of the day...my back is in bits :( Always in November my shoulder blades go and I'm in agony.

Your phone never makes you do anything :cool:

My arrrrggghhh of the day...my back is in bits :( Always in November my shoulder blades go and I'm in agony.

My old E5 didnt. New Experia play does. My laptop is fine though. I'm just waaaay to drunkiness :3 Rum. whsik ye and vodka ad bud. Craickin mix :D :cool:

Rum. whsik ye and vodka ad bud. Craickin mix :D :cool:

Ah, you DO have Captain in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Are you physics? D:

Nope, he's maths... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I don't think I'll ever get the willpower to do this assignment :( shiiiiiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I hate that drift you get with some friends. I was best friends with one fellah all my life up until about May, and now we just don't get along. The distance is huge between us now. Its not even a hatred sort of thing, its more of a wordless "I don't hang around with the same sort of people as you anymore, and our interests have suddenly forked in different directions, so lets not be friends anymore" sort of thing. Pretty depressing, as he's been there since we were ladeens.

This happens, as depressing as it may seem. I've known a guy since I was 8 years old, we've always been friends, but a few years ago I must admit, I lost a bit of interest in hanging around with him. He's the most pleasant guy ever, we still get along great, and there's always that cool comfortable thing you get from knowing someone for 12 years of your life. But it's just difficult hanging out with him sometimes, because after awhile we run out of things to say, since we've become different as we've gotten older.

I know another guy for the same amount of time, who's lived in Australia for the last 2 years, and we can have a 3 hour conversation on Skype, because it's a different dynamic.

Best thing you can do is, like I did, initiate some sort of conversation, and hope that the next time you won't have to, but it is part of growing up it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Someone just stopping talking to you = Ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Spent four and a half hours in a lecture hall in UCC sitting behind some girl who stank of BO and kept draping her greasy hair all over my notes. Ugh, go for a shower and sort your life out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I don't think I'll ever get the willpower to do this assignment :( shiiiiiite.

Know what you mean, I've a 1,500 word thingy due Monday which I haven't looked at yet :rolleyes: should be a fun weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This day is going great,just poxy great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Aoifey! wrote: »
    So an ex from almost 4 years ago has decided he's madly in love with me. Great...

Twould drive you mad

Argh, I had pizza last night....and now I'm craving it again... and I'm craving a mega deal from Papa Johns............ wish I'd bought food in the shop earlier so I'd actually have something to cook rather than eating takeaway crap again. :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Think about all the writing out you're going to get to give over the rest of your lifetime! It's pay back!

Muwhahahaha

(it's secretly the main reason I'm doing an education course ;) )

RHunce wrote: »
    Think about all the writing out you're going to get to give over the rest of your lifetime! It's pay back!

Muwhahahaha

(it's secretly the main reason I'm doing an education course ;) )

And all those classes you'll get to do when you're hungover by just saying "Yeah.....read chapter 11...." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And all those classes you'll get to do when you're hungover by just saying "Yeah.....read chapter 11...." :pac:

As a practical teacher I have it all sussed out!

Come Monday morning, "Lads put down the saws and use your indoor voices, we're doing theory!"

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Tomorrow night is the first proper night that my year from secondary school are all getting together but i'm not going.. Its for a girls birthday but she's an absolute b***h so i refuse to go after all the ****e she has started about me and other friends in the past. :mad:

Almost everyone has bailed on said girls birthday. Karma, I love you :D

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Almost everyone has bailed on said girls birthday. Karma, I love you :D

This post made me oddly happy... God I love when Karma happens. Shame it doesn't happen more often to the people around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm about to cry.

Trapped nerve, dragged myself out of the house so to go to my brother's mass for his confirmation. Forgot the ****ing keys. Never mind my parents are gone away, and we got a new lock on the door about six weeks ago. So the €50 I'd saved to get a nice dress for Christmas is now spent on the new front door lock, DESPITE me warning my sister to remember her keys.

Added to that, the pizza place ****ed up our order, and put no sauce on my sister's. Who is a complete whinger at the best of times. So I'd to ring them and complain.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement

Wow. I know the guy who was just convicted of murder, I've been out with him a few times before about three years ago. He had a kid with a girl I went to school with from primary school. I knew the guy was a bit of a scumbag and not the nicest person, but I really didn't think he was a murder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement