Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

BizzyC wrote: »
    Haven't been able ot play this in a long while....Sky broadband in the UK has broken the Rocket League access with the latest PS4 updates.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, PS4 players with Sky broadband in the UK have been disconnected from Rocket League, can't access the servers.

Sky are working on it apparently, but the only workaround right now is to manually change all of your DNS settings just so the Rocket League servers will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am having so much fun editing videos, this took me like 5mins... Must work on getting a proper montage going

Interesting that you call it a montage yet its mostly just one continuous passage of time :P

Interesting that you call it a montage yet its mostly just one continuous passage of time :P

Thats why I put (song) there to show you I was just testing out the song with the video :p

Some day I will create a proper montage with the same song, because it just fits perfect haha...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thats why I put (song) there to show you I was just testing out the song with the video :p

Some day I will create a proper montage with the same song, because it just fits perfect haha...

You could also use <insert any Rocky song here> for a cool montage :D

chrislad wrote: »
    You could also use <insert any Rocky song here> for a cool montage :D

I will know for next time thanks for the heads up :p ... With windows movie maker can you make it so each clip fades away at the end and makes it look better easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New free update coming with 'mutations'. Looks like you can play on ice with a hockey puck and also has a low gravity 'moonball' mode. Could be a laugh.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/28/mix-match-and-mutate-in-rocket-league-this-november/

Edit: adding youtube vid. Looks like the ice hockey update is different and will be in December, looks class!

Is anyone getting massive lag and rubber banding today and yesterday? The last 3-5 games I've had have been unplayable!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

chrislad wrote:
    Is anyone getting massive lag and rubber banding today and yesterday? The last 3-5 games I've had have been unplayable!

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Pootis

Anyone know when / if it's going to be released on Mac?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New free update coming with 'mutations'. Looks like you can play on ice with a hockey puck and also has a low gravity 'moonball' mode. Could be a laugh.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/28/mix-match-and-mutate-in-rocket-league-this-november/

Edit: adding youtube vid. Looks like the ice hockey update is different and will be in December, looks class!

I couldn't believe this stuff wasn't in the original game to be honest. It got stale very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Can't believe I only just found this thread. I'm an absolute RL addict, even though I'm too old for this sh*t. Also my ranking is a solid Bronze II (yeah... I'm crap).

Not sure I'm happy about this next addon - call me a purist!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    Not sure I'm happy about this next addon - call me a purist!

Agreed, looks very unusual but it could be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'd be a bit of a purist as well, so much so i'd fear even playing these other modes would mess up my timing in the main game BUT I have no life atm so something different and a bit more fun than competitive will be good imo for breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

You won't be forced to play the other game modes, they are just something different, a bit of craic.

I can't wait to give them a go, they look like they will be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Match is brilliant but title is inaccurate.

To make matters worse since the latter game updates ping has become more significant. "Home" servers always have an advantage. Hard to really say who best in world are. I'd go kuxir then kronovi but bear in mind a lot of time these guys play one is usually at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

those mutators are some crack alright, but frustrating at the same time...

low ball weight, fast boost refill, low gravity, and big ball.... 4 minutes in, still no goals, spending half the time floating mid air waiting for boost so can land and not drift through the air :D:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I got lucky. First game was with slow-motion and I grabbed 3 but it feels like playing with lag.

The big ball one though I found impossible.

I'm not a big fan of the time warp setting, but low gravity, heavy ball etc are a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The time wrap one is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

yeah not a fan of timewarp either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Enjoyed this one in OT, 2 quick saves by me and another point blank save by my random teammate allows me to boost up the pitch for the tap-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I fecking love the cube-ball! So many brilliant goal-line mill ups because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thePaulPower

I think I need to go back and play this again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Anybody else having issues getting into a game today? It's hanging on a loading screen a lot for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone up for co op?

Advertisement