Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've won a 3v1 before when I was 3-1 down. Never say never. Very easy to turn around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've won a 3v1 before when I was 3-1 down. Never say never. Very easy to turn around.

It usually ends up 3 v 1 because it's 4 or 5 nil. There's no point playing on, you can quit and not lose points or you can stay on and lose points and the 3 lads get next to nothing for the earlier hard work.

Unless you are a ridiculous good player and you're up against really bad players there is no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It usually ends up 3 v 1 because it's 4 or 5 nil. There's no point playing on, you can quit and not lose points or you can stay on and lose points and the 3 lads get next to nothing for the earlier hard work.

Unless you are a ridiculous good player and you're up against really bad players there is no hope.

Never back down!

Look, if you're being beaten 5 nil with 3 players you sure as hell are not coming back on your own. Even play it out until the last few seconds and quit then if you want to be double sure.
    It's such an annoyance playing really well and then getting 2 points because it ends up 3 v 1, especially when it's in your opponents best interest to quit as they won't be losing any points.

I reckon most people stay on out of spite, knowing that the other team won't get the points they should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've gotten a bit better again the last couple of weeks. Now im better at judging where the balls going it's improved my game a lot. Even starting getting a few aerial hits as well where before i'd always miss. Still havent gotten an aerial goal yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Had a friend over, "hey you wanna play rocket league" I says to him.

"Sounds grand" says he.

*Play game for five minutes*

"Is this on PC?" He asks, already checking steam. Boom, he buys it. Boom he buys it for his brother so we can all play. Boom, some of my PS4 players come on. Suddenly we have a 4v4 match happening. Utter brilliance.

I just got Rocket League 40 euro through direct advertising. Your welcome rocket league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

For a company whom used to feel strongly about not charging for DLC, they fairly are raking in the money with their DLC's ... Purchased both a €4 a piece and have also purchased the game on PC to contribute also... 2 DLC's releasing in a few weeks of each other at €4 each seems a bit much though... When will it all end ..

Completely agree. Psyonix are heading down a rocky road,wouldn't be a massive fan of the model being used. Game needs more input rather than simple darkened arenas. Need a utopia like stadium or something to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I don't see a problem with it. The paid DLC is purely cosmetic, has no impact on the game and can be ignored. The fact they are keeping the maps free is great I think.

Also, 2 months between releases is reasonable considering the type of game it is in my opinion.

A few new maps would be nice alright.

I don't see the DLC as greedy though, they are in no way essential to buy and the game was already free! I had 20 euro lined up for this game before it was announced as a PS Plus game so spending some of that on DLC isn't s problem to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bar a few decals, some hats and two cars there's nothing in the dlc that breaks gameplay. The maps are updated for everyone for free. Plus everyone gets a new song and decoration things. The dlc is purely optional for your playing experience. So, I don't get how the dlc can be considered a bad thing? If anything it's dlc done right imo.

Benzino wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with it. The paid DLC is purely cosmetic, has no impact on the game and can be ignored. The fact they are keeping the maps free is great I think.

Also, 2 months between releases is reasonable considering the type of game it is in my opinion.

It can be ignored if they stop adding new trophies for the paid DLC.. Many people like myself just buy for the trophies, they make them so easy to unlock also so everyone that enjoys getting trophies will pretty much buy the DLC... The maps change absolutely nothing though, maybe if they adding maps that change how the game is played it would be much better...

Thats 2 months between the 1st and second DLC however it will be 1.5 weeks from the 2nd and 3rd DLC to be released with the Back to the Future DLC coming the 23rd October or sometime around then... That's another €4 with easy trophies spent...

The reason it's a bad idea for them is because in many interviews they talk about how they don't like charging for DLC and now they are releasing 2 x DLC within 2 weeks of each other themselves...

Currently I have spent / someone has bought me €28 worth on this game... Soon to be €32, within a year I will probably have spent about the price of a AAA title anyways...

What are trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

It can be ignored if they stop adding new trophies for the paid DLC.. Many people like myself just buy for the trophies, they make them so easy to unlock also so everyone that enjoys getting trophies will pretty much buy the DLC... The maps change absolutely nothing though, maybe if they adding maps that change how the game is played it would be much better...

Thats 2 months between the 1st and second DLC however it will be 1.5 weeks from the 2nd and 3rd DLC to be released with the Back to the Future DLC coming the 23rd October or sometime around then... That's another €4 with easy trophies spent...

The reason it's a bad idea for them is because in many interviews they talk about how they don't like charging for DLC and now they are releasing 2 x DLC within 2 weeks of each other themselves...

Currently I have spent / someone has bought me €28 worth on this game... Soon to be €32, within a year I will probably have spent about the price of a AAA title anyways...

There is no price given for the Back to the Future DLC. Maybe it will be free?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Falthyron wrote: »

Odds are it's going to be €2/3 ($2)

Odds are it's going to be €2/3 ($2)

Ah, hadn't seen the PS4 article. The DLC is listed as N/A on Steam which usually suggests there is no price.

Falthyron wrote: »

"Available in the “Back to the Future Car Pack,” the DeLorean Time Machine will retail for $1.99 USD or its regional equivalent starting October 21!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/12/rocket-league-goes-back-to-the-future/

Not €4 but €2 so basically every car that gets put on DLC will cost us €2 .. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't previously mention about not being fans of paid DLC yet they are rolling in the money with their own paid DLC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I wasn't aware there was another DLC coming out (my god do I want that car though!), so I would agree that the timing between the current one and the next one is a bit short, but again, considering what the DLC consist of, I don't have a problem with it. I'm not a big fan of the way DLC has gone in general, I wish it was more along the lines of the old Expansion packs, where you got a nice bit of content for your money, instead alas that's not the case and I think we need to either accept it or vote with our wallets.

In the case with Rocket League, this is the best type of DLC in my opinion, as it does not affect the game play nor does it give people who purchased DLC and unfair advantage (see the last of us and their dlc weapons for example). I honestly never thought of trophies because frankly, I wouldn't think that would be an incentive to purchase DLC. But considering that some of the new trophies are linked to the dlc cars, I think it makes sense to include them in the paid DLC.

As for them going back on their word regarding DLC, I believe they said they don't like it, but the reality of game development may be that they require it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

They're doing more Halloween free content too I believe. Only like 6-8 items and temporarily that can be unlocked just by playing games.

Agree the DLC is getting a little too close. TBH I have the first DLC and it's grand because I love the Japanese drift car thing. Use it completely now. However, there were no hats (major must for me), the decals are pretty tame and the boosts all seem very familiar. It's based on being very custom but most of the cars I see are the same. Thus, the DLC is a fail really for me.

Much rather they worked hard on making better maps...and no, not the same maps but "At dusk" or "At Night"...new ****ing maps.

It's an odd looking thing :pac:

365532.jpg

• Advertisement

It's an odd looking thing :pac:

365532.jpg

Exactly the same as what I made first thing with the new DLC!

It used to be the best car in the old game. If though they were very similar, its hitbox was slightly more accurate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

This is a very, very useful video explaining the basics of RL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

"Available in the “Back to the Future Car Pack,” the DeLorean Time Machine will retail for $1.99 USD or its regional equivalent starting October 21!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/12/rocket-league-goes-back-to-the-future/

Not €4 but €2 so basically every car that gets put on DLC will cost us €2 .. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't previously mention about not being fans of paid DLC yet they are rolling in the money with their own paid DLC...

None of the DLC is required to play, its all cosmetic and thats the only thing they ever said about it that they would never require you to buy the DLC and all the maps and modes would be free

Is it just me or has there been a serious influx of whinging little shíts playing this game?
    You go 2 nil down in the first minute and you are getting forfeit requests. Every goal conceded is a Wow or OMG like it's somebody else's fault.

Just now I've had a guy flip at and miss the ball 3 times, the other team took it and came down and put it way out of my reach in the top corner and it's OMG... What a save... Wow. He wasn't long quitting when another goal went in after another blunder by him :mad: Not before telling me I was a useless c unt.

The game is just infested with these little moaning twats lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've noticed this as well. Also ungracious winners typing "ez". Also everyone using a mic seems to be an obnoxious twat too. Community has gotten it's share of langers lately.

I've noticed this as well. Also ungracious winners typing "ez". Also everyone using a mic seems to be an obnoxious twat too. Community has gotten it's share of langers lately.

get rekt!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think it's sad how easily people lose the head over simple blunders. Had one ass hat so pissed that I wouldn't forfeit that he started trying to score on us!

Another guy lambasted me for not saving a shot that took a wicked deflection. It may have crawled in but I'd set myself for going to the opposite corner.

That said, nothing pisses me off more than someone who spawns in goal trying to win the face off or going immediately for boost - in overtime!

I do believe I used the "omg" there. Felt really bad though when I fecked up an easy shot, swore and then had a teammate who I then bumped apologise to me profusely. Gah, the guilt pangs still exist now. :(

Thing is for every experience with numpties, you get one with with teammates who are pleasure to play with.

"Defending"
    "Centering"
    "I got it."
    "Take the shot." (Spam when you've no boost to compete for ball.)
    "Defending."
    Can end up being narratives for a whole game.

It's a pleasure to play a rotation game with randomers. Win/lose few game experiences match it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Turtwig wrote: »
    That said, nothing pisses me off more than someone who spawns in goal trying to win the face off or going immediately for boost - in overtime!

Probably the thing that I hate the most. I can understand that some players are always playing solo and will do their own thing on the face-off. some who spawn in goal will go for the face-off rather than staying put and I can live with that. but the guys who spawn in goal and speed-off to grab a boost before anyone has even hit the ball is just mindless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Haven't been able ot play this in a long while....Sky broadband in the UK has broken the Rocket League access with the latest PS4 updates.

Advertisement