Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I had some partial root canal when 3 weeks pregnant, was so lucky that the pregnancy showed up early, was more worried about my baby than the tooth. The first few weeks of the 3rd trimester were the most comfortable for me...then the severe nausea returned and the heartburn...woulldnt give it up for anything though as the extreme kicks he gives me and his dad are wonderful. Scared but excited that we may see him before the month is out (heading for 33 weeks now)...am still very underweight for my pregnancy though (have medical reasons why can not eat large volumes) so at this stage 6lb is being optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

No moan from me today :D
    OH is however complaining about the snoring keeping him awake at night:D:D
    Anyone have any solutions to that??

Love2love im 22 weeks and keep getting nosebleeds aswell :rolleyes: nasty but if thats the worse then ill be happy

Cathy i was sfter starting a root canal aswell:( such a big thing for me as the dentist makes me sooo scared!!I dont think i will go back until i can actually get an injection again so looks like its gona have to wait.Hope the lil man is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh i am so very tired!!

Woke up this morning feeling great, and headed in to holles street for weekly check up. Started having contractions while i was there, went home to rest after. The mammy came down to keep an eye on me afetr that! I just got really really tired all of a sudden. Now out of no where my face and hands are really swelling!!! Don't have a clue what that means, but it is very frustrating, and not so good for typing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Love2love sounds like you're having a lousy time of it :( hope the antibiotics work fast and give you some relief soon.

Swizzles if you find a solution to the snoring please let me know as how I haven't strangled my husband for snoring so far I don't know!

Cathy that's brill that you've reached 33 weeks, hopefully your little bundle will hang on in there a few more weeks :)

No moan from me, I'm tired and constantly sore since the sweep but tis par for the course and I'm taking it as a sign that things are finally starting to happen so I don't mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Weyhey Hacked I'd say you are on your way!

I can identify with the tiredness ladies, I'm only 22 weeks and jaded. I keep forgetting to take my Pregnacare after dinner because I have it hidden in a hard to reach medicine press so that Molly doesn't find them and take them.
    The SPD has really started to kick in now. Feels like I am having a smear test done all day every day. And the night time leg cramps. Janey they are much worse this time. Has anyone had the ones in your shins? I had the calf ones for years (charly horse cramps they call them in the States-don't ask me why!) and thought they were as bad as it gets but the shin and instep ones really take the biscuit. I am stuffing my face with bananas and hot chocolate before bed tonight and deliberately took my supplement so that I won't be woken by these tonight. We'll see! And the final indignity is .. and I really hate to admit this... the drooling. God I am gross right now. My husband looks at me and sees this radiant fertility goddess and symbol of his own potency and nearly announces "I did that" when someone compliments my bump! He is blissfully unaware of the drooling, SPD, stress incontinence, flatulence (farts that can last almost a minute and are like operatic arias!), mad hair, mad hormones and all the rest of it. I want one of those makeovers on the telly!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Been reading this forum since I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago (10weeks gone), just realised you can go un-reg. Due Oct 1st.

Haven't told anybody yet apart from partner.

So far I've had piles, thrush, a cold sore and spots, piles are the worst bit, please tell me they will go away. I've never had any of these things apart from spots of course.

Also any one had experience of Domino's midwifes in the Waterford area or anywhere? They come highly recommended.

Targetwindow -- i love the way you say things!! I totally know where you are coming from, but you just write it in the funniest way. :D Makes me smile!

I hope i'm on the way anyway! Everything went ok in hospital, vitals were all ok, but doctor and midwife agreed the swelling is not so good and to keep a very close eye on my symptoms. Cervix still high up and hard, but doctor still said it could be prelabour??? I Don't get it...but she's the doctor!

Got GREAT news too though. Midwife says she thinks baby will be about 6 pounds!! She said she would be surprised if i got up to 3 kg. So small baby! woohoo!!

hacked wrote: »
    Got GREAT news too though. Midwife says she thinks baby will be about 6 pounds!! She said she would be surprised if i got up to 3 kg. So small baby! woohoo!!
    Both our babies will be tiny...we are not even predicting 6 at this stage for our son though am trying despiratly to gain weight...am totally exhausted at this stage...my gut instinct is that our son will be born on my dads birthday...2 days after mine at 36 weeks.

:hugs: cathy just do your best and don't stress about it! Stress won't help with putting on weight. I wish there wass omething i could do to help.

How are you feeling these days?

Baby is moving loads at the moment, and my cervix has started stinging pains too. Owwy!! lol

:hugs: cathy just do your best and don't stress about it! Stress won't help with putting on weight. I wish there wass omething i could do to help.

How are you feeling these days?

Baby is moving loads at the moment, and my cervix has started stinging pains too. Owwy!! lol
    Sorry for the rant, just worried about him...stuck in bed all day so tired...

Am watching your progress though, you will be great and will have her in your arms in no time...

We are looking forward to seeing "kicky", he means so much to us.

• Advertisement

No no...never apologise for ranting! That's what we're here for :) And for the record...I think you're doing a great job. :)

Thanks...I'm not even thinking about her coming anymore. I'm just focusing on whether im hungry and whether im comftorable. It's like I've resigned myself to being perpetually fat! :D

No no...never apologise for ranting! That's what we're here for :) And for the record...I think you're doing a great job. :)

Thanks...I'm not even thinking about her coming anymore. I'm just focusing on whether im hungry and whether im comftorable. It's like I've resigned myself to being perpetually fat! :D
    Thanks, I dont feel it though...have given up everything for this baby, am checking my bloods all the time, eating food I hate because it is good for him and checking his kicking (as well as feeling very ill and looking like a ghost!) Would go through all this and worse for him but I just want to know that he is OK.

You do not look fat, you look pregnant...we are supposed to look wonderful now even if we feel like ducks...

My dad is saying, well are you looking forward to shedding the baby weight...as it stands I will be severly underweight when baby arrives...am supposed to be about a stone heavier at this stage.

Were having a lil princess :D!! Hacked hope ur ok !

Hope your doing well hacked.glad to hear your both ok after your ordeal! :)

Had the scope scan today instead.baby is growing great and is already around 1lb! god help me,im only 22 weeks lol.

Were having a lil princess!! :D:D

Swizzles wrote: »
    Hope your doing well hacked.glad to hear your both ok after your ordeal! :)

Had the scope scan today instead.baby is growing great and is already around 1lb! god help me,im only 22 weeks lol.

Were having a lil princess!! :D:D
    Am thrilled for you...I thought that we were having a girl and had no boys names...his dad and grandad knew though.

Cathy and Hacked... firstly... my heart goes out to ye. You've both been having a rough time of it. Ye are both nearly there though and soon you will have your little babas to enjoy and you'll have nothing more to rant about in here... ye will have to start a new thread in the pregnancy forum "The new mammies Moan thread" if anything crops up, which I'm sure won't happen.

Secondly, you LUCKY LUCKY wagons! 6lb babies! Ye are gonna have those lovely little babies that just slither right on out no bother! My last wan had to be dragged outta me with suction after 27 hours a fine big boned lass of 8lb 3!

Swizzles congrats on finding out that you're having a little girl. What is a scope scan?

My moan for today. I am officially waddling now.:eek:

Swizzles congrats on finding out that you're having a little girl. What is a scope scan?

My moan for today. I am officially waddling now.:eek:

Scope are a group of midwifes doing a research project.their tryin to find out the causes of high blood pressure and pre term labour.basically they offered me more care and an extra scan (with the oh as cumh still have the swine flu ban)so i thought hey first pregnancy im allowed do the physco 1st time mammy thing lol :p

Yippee im not alone in my waddaling :D

Hey Swizzles we're both 22 weeks. It's today for me! I'm here watching The Notebook on RTE1. I love that movie but it always makes me cry. I dunno if I could handle it now that Im in hormone overdrive... I read somewhere yesterday that a pregnant woman produces more estrogen in one day than a non-pregnant woman does in 3 YEARS! Wowee! It's a wonder we haven't all spontaneously combusted! Thanks for the explanation of the scope scan, I thought maybe there was some new technology I could be asking for! When's your EDD?

Nope just for research :) its only for first time moms aswell.
    Edd is either 12th or 14th of july.whats yours?

No news frm cap today?...hope thats good news ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Swizzles wrote: »
    No news frm cap today?...hope thats good news ;)

It is :D

• Advertisement

It is :D

Yippee :D
    I know u dont want to say much,but all ok??

Oh Adrienne if you are in touch with Cap tell her we are all rooting for her!

Swizz - I'm July 7th, but sure you know how these things go! :rolleyes:

Everything is fine afaik! I'll let cap tell you though!

ah!! so delighted for her!! I'm not sure if i have her on facebook?? I sometimes get confused with people i have on facebook and their usernames here :o

Swizzles...very excited to hear you are joining the pink club! Congrats|!

lol thanks target :) I guess i have had a rough time of it compared to a lot of girls here, but i honestly don't feel like it! Just seems normal. :) I hope i have a baby that slithers on out!! Having a bumpy ride of a pregnancy has me hoping for an easy labour.

I was talking to wolfpawnat today, had her and aidan over for tea. I pity them...the house was cold and a mess, and i was a zombie!! Annnyway...the midwife on tuesday totally talked me out of an induction. Not that I was really keen on one anyway, as all the women i know who have had them have had bad bad experiences.
    I've decided if baby doesn't come naturally i'm not letting them near me unless they are giving me a section. I know the ins and outs of cesaereans and would much rather have one than a risky induction (seeing as loads of them end in c-sec anyway!!) I'm at a very high risk for PPD and a induced long labour would gurantee i get it....i can't take that risk. So I think I will be discussing this with my doc next tuesday.

And damn...i just realised i scheduled a hosp appt and the CWO both on tuesday! what to do?! Fazzled brain!

Thanks a mill all, am just home now with Rose. So glad to be out of the hospital!!

She arrived after a 70 minute labour at a tinchy 6lb 10ozs but is guzzling so much I don't she'll be long about piling on the pounds!
    I was shocked she was so tiny as the last scan the hospital did for me at 39 weeks they printed a pic of her and she looked like she had a really chubby little face.

Poor hubby couldn't get over the size of the placenta when it came out, I think that's what was taking up most of the room in there!!

Hacked sorry to hear you're so tired, I think you're right to hold off on induction just yet, there was a girl in the ward with me that had been brought in Wednesday for induction & despite daily sweeps & pessarys was still there when I left today with no sign of baby arriving.
    The poor girl had feck all sleep thanks to the newborns in the ward with her & 3 days of docs prodding at her. (Shortage of beds, the pre-labour patients were in with after labour patients + babies)

I'll PM you my facebook, I'm the same I get a bit mixed up about who I have on fb/what their username is here!
    106838.jpg

I love the babygro's where the heck do people get the nice ones, I can only find the boring standard ones in Dunnes/Penneys!!

Like I said, you lucky bitch 70 minute labour!!

And with that, I say goodbye to the Pregnant Womens Moan Thread! I have no intention of ever being pregnant again! Ladies, keep moaning!!

Adrieanne dont go :(
    And at least keep tabs on us crazy pregnant people:D

I hope that it is a girl for defo..Got the cutest pink dress and cardigan in Mothercare..They have some nice babygros there too except their very expensive :rolleyes:

Cap she gorgeous ..Looks like a right little poser already :)

cap-- she is so beautiful! That is such an adorable photo. And dude....70 min labour?? I'm jealous!! Apparently my baby will be a tops weight of 6.9...good to know its so small! I really wanted a small baby :) I Hope you and Rose are settling in ok at home! :)

Ebmma and cap have now have their babies....it is officially my turn!! My due date was either yesterday or this coming friday. So anytime in this next week really...she's been so active the last day or two! Hoping this is a good sign. With all these pictures i'm very curious as to what my own munchkin looks like! :D

Adrieanne -- the thanks on your last post was for no more pregnant moaning by the way. :) Not for you leaving us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congrautlations caprilicious

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill all :D she's absolutely thriving and we're seeing more and more of her little personality each day. She is just fascinated with her daddy and keeps staring at him wide eyed :)

Think its time for me to move on from pregnancy thread also (even though I still look pregnant :rolleyes: ) - see you guys over in the parenting forum hopefully very soon ;):D

Advertisement