Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

cast_iron wrote: »
    Is it me or does he not always say he will respond to people after the show on "political.ie"?
    Yet no such website exists. :?

politico.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Is it me or does he not always say he will respond to people after the show on "political.ie"?

It is a website that only he can access from his underground base.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

http://politico.ie/latest-from-politico/tonight-with-vincent-browne-liveblog/8395-recent-economic-data-tells-a-very-grim-story.html

Happy Reading! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Even though Toibin says he didnt want to discuss the Northern troubles he cant help getting sucked in... Vinnie's on form !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

VB will be mentioning Tony Gregory next and his pact with CJ Haughey.

• Advertisement

WTF is Browne thinking?

Tobin is being as polite as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Tonight's intro

"Data published in the last few days by the Central Statistics Office presents a very grim picture of the state of the Nation. The economy contracting, retail sales contracting, house prices falling with possible grave consequences for the stability of our banks, and deep inequality. That's after the news with Alan Cantwell"

Wouldnt that put a spring your step.. He's like George Lee at this stage..

That intro seems a long time ago. Vincent is just taking pot shots at anyone and everyone now.

"If it wasnt for Bertie Ahern's gifts..."

Dont tell me he got presents from the lads up the North as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So John Bruton broke the IRA ceasefire in the mid 90s according to Dev! Interesting comment.

Tobin and Sinn Fein people should just apologise for the killings and express regret for them.

Can the TD's IMO please keep that topic to another day.

It seems that the info is coming from all sorts of ways tonight.

• Advertisement

Really think even less of O'Cuiv now. Nasty git for furthering a discussion that wasn't needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Bertie responsible for the peace prcess according to little dev.... methinks he should read Mo Mowlams memoirs to see who did what ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

That flora cuisine woman is the most annoying woman on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

mini Dev is a bit of an imbecile...

no wonder we are in the state we are in with muppets like that in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

So John Bruton broke the IRA ceasefire in the mid 90s according to Dev! Interesting comment.

Was interesting wasnt it! You dont get much lower than personally blaming a good man like Bruton for murders that happened, and all to make FF look less bad on the back of corruption. He could have stuck to the postives of Aherns role in the peace process but instead he had to fling horrid muck. Glad the lads pulled him up on over the reason for the ceasefire breaking, and he had nothing except bluff and bluster, FFs biggest weapon for sometime.

finty wrote: »
    mini Dev is a bit of an imbecile...

no wonder we are in the state we are in with muppets like that in the dail.

Did they find him in a broom cupboard in FF HQ? He seems a relic left over from the 1950s.

Just switched back over to RTE ONE for the Seanad sittings.. Talking about the household charge... It really is baffling that all of the people in the Council, not one of them thought to allow payment of this charge in the post office.. An absolute no brainer, yet not one person thought of it???? You'd really wonder about how they cope with the genuinely difficult problems that would arise in their work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

O'Dowd looks like he hasn't recovered from his awful LLS performance. :D

I think VinB could have asked him any question he wanted and would have got the same response about spending more than we take in, can't keep borrowing etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

An absolute no brainer, yet not one person thought of it???? You'd really wonder about how they cope with the genuinely difficult problems that would arise in their work...

The dont cope.!!! thats the really sad thing about it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Sinn Féin really do need to do a bit of an upgrade of the Easter Lily ... it looks like something a national school child produced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Why does Vincent even bother with that half smile going to breaks. Its pitiful and half arsed. He'd be better off just grimly looking into the camera.

Does anyone what tonight's programme is about?

EDIT* I that Promissory note deal is good for Ireland IMO. It will make the debt sustainable and more easier to manage even until 2025.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Does anyone what tonight's programme is about?

EDIT* I that Promissory note deal is good for Ireland IMO. It will make the debt sustainable and more easier to manage even for one year.

its all smoke and mirrors to me at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I love Vinny for getting to the bottom of things, I was under the impression it was 2025, the whole Bank Of Ireland loan issue seemed to be avoided in all media today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Just tuned in.
    I can only assume Pascal and co are going around with ****-eating grins on them after the deal.

Edit: that's not Pascal, it's the other guy, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just switched back over to RTE ONE for the Seanad sittings.. Talking about the household charge... It really is baffling that all of the people in the Council, not one of them thought to allow payment of this charge in the post office.. An absolute no brainer, yet not one person thought of it???? You'd really wonder about how they cope with the genuinely difficult problems that would arise in their work...
    I thought the post office was consulted at the tender stage?

I love Vinny for getting to the bottom of things, I was under the impression it was 2025, the whole Bank Of Ireland loan issue seemed to be avoided in all media today.

It is in 2025; and no RTE have covered the the BOI scenario on the 9 O'Clock News earlier this evening.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0329/anglo-promissory-payment.html#video

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought the post office was consulted at the tender stage?

FG said yesterday that the Post Office wanted a 3 euro handling fee for each payment.

I can see that FG Ard feis as a train crash waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Damien English.......sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

FG said yesterday that the Post Office wanted a 3 euro handling fee for each payment.

I can see that FG Ard feis as a train crash waiting to happen.

Yes it's going to be fun :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement