Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

mayo_lad wrote: »
    that may be bad but D0 50 and the Charles parsons in the main building are the worst to be stuck in i never fail to fall asleep in those rooms :mad::mad::mad:

I think FB028 is the worst. It is so hot in there no matter what the weather is like. In contrast, ERB001 is freezing. I prefer the cold though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

ya it can be bad :P but in general most of the lecture halls have some problem :):cool:

When you need to use one of the computers urgently to print something or submit something and everyone you see on a computer is on facebook or playing farmville. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FootnMouth

Aargh!FARM VILLE!! That wrecks my head! I had no laptop last week and everytime I went to the Library I had to wait for the flipping PCs...as long as they grazed their cows and harvested their crops everyone (Themselves!!) were happy!!
    The people who designed it should be shot!! Or something to that effect (to extreame!?) but I seriously needed to use the computers for assignments that were due!
    If the people want to work on farms go live in the country! Its not all its cracked up to be! Grrr!!!

(rant over..for the moment!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Why is the flipping "off-campus access to lecture notes" thing so flipping tempermental? It only seems to work when the moon is in alignment with the outer rings of Saturn, who in turn have to be at a 90 degree angle to a badger in Roscommon. Aaaargh! I just want to study past papers, for the love of God!

/rant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

Niamh_ wrote: »
    When you need to use one of the computers urgently to print something or submit something and everyone you see on a computer is on facebook or playing farmville. Grrrr.

Banning facebook on PCs before 6 in UL. Yay or nay?

mrmanire wrote: »

I'd love to say yay but I am guilty of having it open in another tab while I'm doing other things and flicking over to check on replies.
    Banning of farmville nationwide would be great though.

mrmanire wrote: »
    I would love to say Yay but...im also guilty of opening different tabs....but BAN FARMVILLE!!!!!

Please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The thing that gets me is that there are hundreds of pcs available throughout the campus that aren't in the library.

So seriously, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and go and find a computer lab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gotta agree with that - I only know of 4 other computer labs than the library and I never have any trouble getting a PC there if the Library is full.

FYI;
    Venus Labs
    Health Sciences
    Kemmy Business School
    Fish Tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just a few things.

1. GOD DAMN FARMVILLE!!!
    2. What in the feck is up with Student Portal?!!!! Why can't I access notes?!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(
    3. SHUT UP IN THE LIBRARY!!!!! I'M TRYING TO STUDY!!!!

cson wrote: »
    Gotta agree with that - I only know of 4 other computer labs than the library and I never have any trouble getting a PC there if the Library is full.

FYI;
    Venus Labs
    Health Sciences
    Kemmy Business School
    Fish Tank

also every department has there own Lab the M&AE one is Am 061 and there are loads of small departmental labs around the main building :P
    the most annoying thing at the moment is the off campus exam portal why couldn't they have left the public folders alone

Has anyone figured out the Student Portal? I'm trying to get to lecture notes.

I managed it this morning in the library, but I can't remember how! :(:mad:

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

you go th the current students part of th ul website then you look up ether the off campus or on campus access to exam papers . a sign in page will then appear then you enter your id no and college computer password in to it :-) look up ur department on the first page then a list of module codes will appear look up your module code and the exam paper will be there
    hope thats sum use to ya

The UL library catalogue appears to have gone a bit schizo in the past few minutes, or is it just me?
    Also the two copies that are meant to be in 3 hour loan, that you need for study going walkabout for three days. And on a related note books that are meant to be available in multiple copies in the library and no one knows where they actually are.
    On a plus side the lovely librarians are really helpful.

you go th the current students part of th ul website then you look up ether the off campus or on campus access to exam papers . a sign in page will then appear then you enter your id no and college computer password in to it :-) look up ur department on the first page then a list of module codes will appear look up your module code and the exam paper will be there
    hope thats sum use to ya

Didn't work!!!:(:mad::(:mad:

Didn't work!!!:(:mad::(:mad:

Are you even able to log in?
    It works for me.
    Maybe try off campus?

I tried offline from the e-mail and from ul.ie, and they both sent me to the home page for lecturers.

I tried everything, and can't get the list of lecturers :confused:

What am I missing??!!!!

Online doesn't work at all BTW, it's a dead link.

I tried offline from the e-mail and from ul.ie, and they both sent me to the home page for lecturers.

I tried everything, and can't get the list of lecturers :confused:

What am I missing??!!!!

Online doesn't work at all BTW, it's a dead link.

At the top of the page where it says lecturers is there not a tab for students and exam papers?
    I'm not sure because someone else I was talking to cannot get it working at all.

I think I found it, but...

"ERROR: ACCESS DENIED"

And my log in info is definitely right.

"My ID no@ul"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HEEELP!!!!!

• Advertisement

The same thing has been happening to me and a few friends, it's really depressing! :mad::(

I think the best option is to use a friend's login details instead.

Who is this friend we can use?? :p

OK. This is the page I am directed to.

ul_portal.jpg

WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOO??!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe try this link
    https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/exampapers/default.aspx

On campus isn't working at the moment. Maybe they took it offline to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

ya it can be bad :P but in general most of the lecture halls have some problem :):cool:

I spent the day in UCC yesterday and let me tell you their lecture halls are waaayyy ahead.
    Nice and heated but air conditioning if it gets too bad, really excellent light, comfy, unbroken seats and best of all.
    Tables.
    Everyone has a table that runs along the whole row.
    Not like in the Jean Monnet where for a Spanish exam, we had to write on our knees! :mad:

And I have to say something has to be done about the printers in the library. Something to aid the congestion. 40 minutes waiting for sheets to be printed and at any one time there were 8 people waiting with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I think they should allow our laptops connect to the printing network - that way we won't have to scramble for printers in the library an hour before we need to hand them up... XD

Niamh_ wrote: »
    Maybe try this link
    https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/exampapers/default.aspx

On campus isn't working at the moment. Maybe they took it offline to fix it.

OK...so how do I get from Exam Papers to Lecture Notes?!!:confused::(

EDIT: I think you might be right about it being taken offline. I got onto the Lecture Notes page, and it's the one I linked above.

At the end of study week, they pull crap like this. Brilliant.

try this click on all site content and there will be a link to the exam papers
    there

• Advertisement

Clicked All Site Content.

>Shared Documents
    >Picture Libraries
    >Lists
    -Announcements
    -Calendar
    -Links
    -Tasks
    >Discussion Boards
    - Team Discussion
    >Surveys (None)
    >Sites and Workplaces (None)
    >Recycle Bin

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Not strictly about UL per se but the UL versions of books we have in some subjects.

Why don't they have an index?:mad::mad:

OK. New angle.

Does anyone have the 8th Finance Study Guide, (F14003)?!!!:o

None of my lecture notes are put up on that site but I just checked and I get the same page.

just a few Q
    1 where r u on campus or off
    2 are u using (https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/exampapers/default.aspx )the off campus exam papers or are u using the lecture notes section because they are separate links

just a few Q
    1 where r u on campus or off
    2 are u using (https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/exampapers/default.aspx )the off campus exam papers or are u using the lecture notes section because they are separate links

I'm off campus, at home on my laptop.

I'm using the "Lecture Notes (Off Campus Access)" link, which is found of both the email "More" list and on the UL site.

• Advertisement

I'm off campus, at home on my laptop.

I'm using the "Lecture Notes (Off Campus Access)" link, which is found of both the email "More" list and on the UL site.

I tried the same except I'm in Plassey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I think they should allow our laptops connect to the printing network - that way we won't have to scramble for printers in the library an hour before we need to hand them up... XD

I'm not sure if things have changed, but certainly ~18months ago this was possible: I used to print all the time from my laptop upstairs in the library and then run down to grab the sheets (usually worked out well 'cos they were printed by the time I got down :D). IIRC you need to connect to the printer you want to print to initially (thus you need to know the name of the printer, like Library1 or whatever) and then also select it in the print dialog box in word/acrobat/etc.

If you read this from the ITD website it explains the process. Hope that helps :)

try that link in my previous post it's workin fine for me in drumroe

The link you posted takes me to Exam Papers :(

just tried the lecture notes there not working off campus at the moment your best bet is to try them on campus (also the list of lectures are accessible on the screen shot u posted on the left hand side just click on the lecture u have for the module and a list of there modus will come up )

• Advertisement

AAAHHHH!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!

IT WOOOOOORRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Oh wait...that means I have to do work now... :o

Thanks for the help Niamh and MayoLad!

Aargh!! Having no hot water!!!!! Grrr...two weeks running now I have had no water in my hse....apparently some genius installed the boiler backwards or the pipes are reversed or something!

Its so dam cold to have a cold shower!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

Stupid Lab report.. Due in Week 14 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sulis has had some sort of **** attack and lost all my module websites. one of which I must refer to during an exam this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

sulis has had some sort of **** attack and lost all my module websites. one of which I must refer to during an exam this week.

Me too. I wanted to look over some Economics notes too. :mad:

Ya I know, I was talking to ITD and there all on it trying to get it to work, its after crashing for the whole college apparently and at the moment there waiting for America to try sort it out!? Im not sure why exactly but the exact words they used was "We're waiting for America to wake up!"

But I feel you pain, I have an exam tmrw -- and my reference points are on sulis! :(

I can't even seem to log in??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 THEDUDEINWHITE

Well Sulis, is part of rSmarts "Sakai" who are located in America...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Invigilators clip clopping like HORSES up and down EGO10 :mad:

Awful exam environment as well, this isn't meant to be a concentration camp

FFS wear quiet shoes and stop grabbing attention away from the exam papers.

Since when cant you print stuff in the library at the weekends!?!?
    The postgrad room is closed these days aswell and I no longer have access to the 24 hour design lab or AM0..

Any1 know where I can print stuff tomorrow?

• Advertisement
Advertisement