Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Outings 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PARlance wrote: »
    Just send CharlieIRL a PM with your details, phone number and email address and he will set you up on Teamer (sends notifications out about the events)

There's a €30 annual joining fee or if you can only make a few events then you have to pay a fiver (I think) on top of the green fee for each event and you'll be considered a "visitor". Visitors cant claim any of the prizes.
    madadamktm wrote: »
    Was just wondering around what price each cousre is to play ?

your welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Is the GOTY decided on best 5 scores or overall total ? Just curious as I had an absolute mare down in Gowran

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm backing tiger for the title, come on tiger!

Macker1 wrote: »
    Is the GOTY decided on best 5 scores or overall total ? Just curious as I had an absolute mare down in Gowran

best 5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Anybody want to do joke odds. With a touch of realisim.

or is that a site ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Anybody want to do joke odds. With a touch of realisim.

or is that a site ban

As long as the main topic of the post is not gambling then you can work away;)

I would suggest Kiers47 to run that!

Well Macker would have to be an odds on favourite 1/2 but Tiger would be where the clever money should be put, probably at 2/1

Regan has to be the favourite. only has 4 scores counting and is in the top 3. Gotta be odds on to shoot another good one around Roscrea and wont have any "bad" rounds weighing him down

Rikand wrote: »
    Regan has to be the favourite. only has 4 scores counting and is in the top 3. Gotta be odds on to shoot another good one around Roscrea and wont have any "bad" rounds weighing him down

I would have said
    Regan eve
    Macker 45/40
    TIGER 2/1
    space and 3 putt 40/1
    Me self 79/1
    ss bob 180/1
    Charlie 1000/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Thanks for the mention Fix!!

• Advertisement

Lads boards is class - just read a post from Dan there and I feel I could drop 3 shots in next outing if I improve my spin on my wedges using "the breakthrough rotex face" -

I'm putting myself at 76/1 - now.
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I have the Cleveland non RTX wedges, kind of wishing I went for the RTX but I'm still pretty happy.

Dont know if these groves will stop that blade I do or top from 100 but.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I would have said
    Regan eve
    Macker 45/40
    TIGER 2/1
    space and 3 putt 40/1
    Me self 79/1
    ss bob 180/1
    Charlie 1000/1
    40/1...should have backed myself before the gowran outing, would have gotten great odds.

Think its a 3 horse race for the title alright though I should be safe for a Ryder jug spot

Oh but I added one of those Cleveland wedges to my bag earlier this year & maybe will have a lofted up driver in the bag by roscrea, so odds could be getting slashed shortly :D

40/1...should have backed myself before the gowran outing, would have gotten great odds.

Think its a 3 horse race for the title alright though I should be safe for a Ryder jug spot

Oh but I added one of those Cleveland wedges to my bag earlier this year & maybe will have a lofted up driver in the bag by roscrea, so odds could be getting slashed shortly :D

All about the gear lads, all about the gear.

Found 4 ultras the other day. I'm taking a new approach on the long drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

So do we think 450 will make the team?

J

So do we think 450 will make the team?

J

That's the way it's looking for now J, you are in a good position as you have only played 4 events and have a total of 346 pts, a top 5 in either of the last 2 events should see you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

If 450 is enough to make the team then the current top 5 in the GOTY are safe.

This is what the rest of us need to do in Roscrea to reach 450 points with an event to spare:

Needs a Win: Keano, holeinone
    Top 2: bobster453, Tony O'Reilly, ballyk, roadrunner
    Top 3: scubapro, recycled
    Top 4: kiers47
    Top 5: golfgraffix, charlieirl, stevieob
    Top 6: parlance, paulos53
    Top 11: FixdePitchmark
    Just needs to turn up: scrubber72, ssbob

I half expect ssbob to turn up at Mount Juliet driver in hand, hit a tee shot on the 1st, then get back in his car and head off to his brother's wedding :)

if i showed up and won, I'd miss out by 5 points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

The way I see it is, anyone with 2 wins is in.
    So everyone in the bottom half still has a great chance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I doubt I will make Roscrea so I wont be making the team! 2 years in a row missing the Jug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Going to play in last two events so that should get me in. Whether i will be any good to the team is another thing.

• Advertisement

paulos53 wrote: »
    If 450 is enough to make the team then the current top 5 in the GOTY are safe.

This is what the rest of us need to do in Roscrea to reach 450 points with an event to spare:

Needs a Win: Keano, holeinone
    Top 2: bobster453, Tony O'Reilly, ballyk, roadrunner
    Top 3: scubapro, recycled
    Top 4: kiers47
    Top 5: golfgraffix, charlieirl, stevieob
    Top 6: parlance, paulos53
    Top 11: FixdePitchmark
    Just needs to turn up: scrubber72, ssbob

I half expect ssbob to turn up at Mount Juliet driver in hand, hit a tee shot on the 1st, then get back in his car and head off to his brother's wedding :)

Great analysis Paulo but as I mentioned already, a friends wedding is stopping me from being available for the Jug so even if I do make it, I won't be playing unfortunately :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am going to try my hardest to play Roscrea however I definitely will not show up to MJ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You need new friends!!

You need new friends!!

I know sure I have only played golf with you once this year :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im at a wedding the 23rd , here was I thinking 2 wins from me and I might scrape the team , enjoy lads , looks a lovely course

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bobster453

Dont really understand the scoring system yet but if i need a second place i better start arranging some lessons from tigerwoods my hero

bobster453 wrote: »
    Dont really understand the scoring system yet but if i need a second place i better start arranging some lessons from tigerwoods my hero

Are you playing both events bobster - you don't need a 2nd at all then - a couple of top 5 and you wouldn't be far off.

Lads the 450 is only a guess.

Many variables - for example if the lads in the top 10 had a collapse of form and all top 3s came from below top ten - it could move up.

We will obviously have an exact situation going into last. One win for example brings about top 25 back into team.

As ben said , not over - we have had double winners a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Rikand wrote: »

Unfortunately that wouldn't be a good bet as I won't be able to make the last two events :(

Reganovski wrote: »
    Unfortunately that wouldn't be a good bet as I won't be able to make the last two events :(

And Regan has gone out to 999/1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hoping to make both .Really enjoy myselfon the outings with a great bunch of lads.
    Now all i need are two little miracles

• Advertisement

bobster453 wrote: »
    Hoping to make both .Really enjoy myselfon the outings with a great bunch of lads.
    Now all i need are two little miracles

Not miracles at all - it was where you were aiming over 2 rounds.

Only special players make the team as rookies :P:):o

Advertisement