Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Gonzp Due 3rd of April Wexford Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ms2011 Due 6th April Coombe Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Leinster1980 Due 15th April Holles Street

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Gonzp, I'm really sorry, I feel dreadful. I realised today that granny Smith apples send my sugar high, it's a pain in the neck. Last week those same apples were fine. This diabetes is definitely not a one size fits all, it really is confusing.

I have 73 days left until section in Mullingar, I'll probably be sectioned in St. Lomans in Mullingar with the diabetes if the numbers Don, the sort themselves out😢

nirvana78 wrote: »
    Gonzp, I'm really sorry, I feel dreadful. I realised today that granny Smith apples send my sugar high, it's a pain in the neck. Last week those same apples were fine. This diabetes is definitely not a one size fits all, it really is confusing.

I have 73 days left until section in Mullingar, I'll probably be sectioned in St. Lomans in Mullingar with the diabetes if the numbers Don, the sort themselves out😢

Jesus, not your fault my numbers were up, I just find the whole thing confusing... Are they sectioning you early? And are you been sectioned because of the diabetes or other reasons...(of which you don't have to say)..

Do they generally induce you early with gestational diabetes?

• Advertisement

Hi Gonzp, I'm being brought in a week early, I'm not due until 30th April. I'm having a section purely because I've had two sections already, so it was unrelated to the diabetes. I'm not sure if they induce you, I would think that maybe if your numbers were high and baby was weighing big they might induce but really I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Leinster1980 Due 15th April Holles Street
    Nicolaforest Due 9th April Coombe Surprise

Hi Gonzp, I'm being brought in a week early, I'm not due until 30th April. I'm having a section purely because I've had two sections already, so it was unrelated to the diabetes. I'm not sure if they induce you, I would think that maybe if your numbers were high and baby was weighing big they might induce but really I'm only guessing.

Ah right, I'm down in the anti natal clinic tomorrow, so I ll ask all my questions then. Kinda knocked me for six last week and I asked nothing. I have a scan on Monday, so that will tell alot...

Had a GP appointment this morning, all looking well though there were some white blood cells in my sample so she has sent that off to be test. She's not worried as she said this can occur at this stage of pregnancy & I think I remember something similiar at this stage last time too, I just have to ring for the results next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I had a gp appt yesterday and she spent AGES looking at the little chart, the longer she took the more worried I was getting about what she was going to say was wrong with it! Turns out it was fine, no idea what she was doing for so long!!

• Advertisement

Gonzp wrote: »
    Ah right, I'm down in the anti natal clinic tomorrow, so I ll ask all my questions then. Kinda knocked me for six last week and I asked nothing. I have a scan on Monday, so that will tell alot...

This will be a great thread for other mums to be with gestational diabetes, between us we will have all the questions answered😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Insert general feeling of not feeling well - worth it I know!

Ordered buggy today! Can't wait to wheel it around and pretend there's a little person in it!

Ordered buggy today! Can't wait to wheel it around and pretend there's a little person in it!

Our buggy is sitting in a spare room not being touched, I am still in denial so have no desire to wheel it around. I have a problem :p Just saw someone who got their bfp Friday saying "still doesn't seem real". I've less than 10 weeks to go and it doesn't feel remotely real!

I'm sure the excitement will just hit you out of nowhere in a few weeks time and you will be feeling totally different, I remember my sister in law being a few weeks away from her due date and panicking in case she didn't like 'it'- it being the baby!! :-O And she was totally smitten once baby arrived. So don't worry x

I'm sure the excitement will just hit you out of nowhere in a few weeks time and you will be feeling totally different, I remember my sister in law being a few weeks away from her due date and panicking in case she didn't like 'it'- it being the baby!! :-O And she was totally smitten once baby arrived. So don't worry x

I'm not worried at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I may have wheeled ours up and down the hall with a teddy in the car seat...

I was the same with my first -denial and terror and love :-)

Gonzp wrote: »

Hi Gonzp, how did your scan go? Did you get some answers to any questions you had? My sugars have been all over the place the nurse had a load of questions when I rang in my numbers last Wednesday. I've to ring again tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

Hi Gonzp, how did your scan go? Did you get some answers to any questions you had? My sugars have been all over the place the nurse had a load of questions when I rang in my numbers last Wednesday. I've to ring again tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

Hi ya, I ve kinda got the hang of my numbers and what drives it up and what doesn't... I emailed in my numbers and they are fine, no insulin yet anyway. I don't have my scan till next Monday, totally got confused with my dates. The consultant did say that as the pregnancy progresses, it may be harder to keep my levels ok...

How many weeks have you left? I'm just at the six mark...

• Advertisement

How many weeks have you left? I'm just at the six mark...[/QUOTE]

I have 9 weeks left, only today I began to put stuff in each bag:o. I didn't realise it gets harder to control the numbers as you go on, that's handy to know.

How many weeks have you left? I'm just at the six mark...

I have 9 weeks left, only today I began to put stuff in each bag:o. I didn't realise it gets harder to control the numbers as you go on, that's handy to know.[/QUOTE]

I'm terrible, I have nothing packed yet, so laid back about the whole thing. I have a sick husband and a sick 14 month old at the moment, she s up loads at night... I'm so tired at the moment. One of the things the dietician told me was to not to worry too much about my diet as I was pretty good anyway, but to try and sleep and nap more during the day. Stress and lack of sleep can play havoc with your numbers...

I had pains on Sunday that kept coming and going for about two hours, fairly regular, around the 5mins mark... Put them down to Braxton Hick... but it still kinda put me in the frame of mind for organising myself a bit...

Once my little one is feeling better again, I ll get myself together...

Had the most vivid dream of holding my baby last, I can still remember how she smelt. So weird!!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Had the most vivid dream of holding my baby last, I can still remember how she smelt. So weird!!

Lucky you - I dreamt I went into early labour and was bleeding - woke up needing to pee in a panic!!!! Getting excited now for the weeks to tick by and meet him/ her

I dreamt I was on a sinking ship??? We have a 16 month old who was up a number of times during the night, so it's any wonder I got the chance to dream at all��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

My dreams are crazy since the very beginning :) and its strange cos I never normally even remember dreams but now Id have two or three different ones a night!

I have really weird dreams too, giant angry spiders trying to eat my baby was one! Worst night sleep so far last night, I can't function today at all and feel so crappy. Thank god I'm not in work this week.

Think we all have ten weeks or less to go now so we're on the home stretch ladies, eek!! 7 for me anyway, can't wait!

Think we all have ten weeks or less to go now so we're on the home stretch ladies, eek!! 7 for me anyway, can't wait!

I had to go to Mullingar today, and couldn't help getting excited just driving by the hospital:P

Yep less than 10 weeks left for me, nature works very well I have to say, I'm so sick of all the symptoms now that I would happily take a screaming baby from mid March onwards once it wasn't inside me anymore! That's a good system, I won't miss being pregnant, even if I have never even truly accepted it's happening :p

The huge movements, breathlessness, pain, and general uselessness is getting to me, and it's only really been bad for the last 2 weeks, 10 weeks (12 at most) seems like FOREVER!

• Advertisement

Wahoo - coming into week eight here....well really 8 plus six but sounds better than 9!!! Just waiting for my toodler to lie down and sleep....this will not be in a few weeks!!!!

Advertisement