Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Had a horrible day today while in for a scan to check dates. Woman was so rude and made me feel so dumb I was in tears leaving the hospital :(

That's awful!!! What was she saying? Hope you are ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Oh poor you. I hope you're feeling way better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

basically at the start when asked what my last period was i gave the last day june 9th instead of the first day the 4th, I told the consultant my mistake and she was as thick with me and said she would change it but never did so on the scans the woman said i was measuring 5 days ahead which I knew as I had realised my mistake explained to her what happened and she said consultant never changed it so she wasn't changing it, she left it as march 16th instead real date march 11th. so today I was in to get dates checked by scan which midwife organised because she said I was def measuring to my dates (march 11th) low and behold it was original scan woman who said I was wrong that my dates were wrong and that it didn't matter what date I gave that consultant was right! she was also rude to my bf so I laid there let her scan and I just left then was in tears in the bathroom after! I know myself my due date is 11th but they are just ignoring me except my midwife who agrees with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

basically at the start when asked what my last period was i gave the last day june 9th instead of the first day the 4th, I told the consultant my mistake and she was as thick with me and said she would change it but never did so on the scans the woman said i was measuring 5 days ahead which I knew as I had realised my mistake explained to her what happened and she said consultant never changed it so she wasn't changing it, she left it as march 16th instead real date march 11th. so today I was in to get dates checked by scan which midwife organised because she said I was def measuring to my dates (march 11th) low and behold it was original scan woman who said I was wrong that my dates were wrong and that it didn't matter what date I gave that consultant was right! she was also rude to my bf so I laid there let her scan and I just left then was in tears in the bathroom after! I know myself my due date is 11th but they are just ignoring me except my midwife who agrees with me :(

Sorry just jumping in here, they have been incredibly rude and professionally poor towards you. You need to insist that the date is changed, it will affect how long over they may let you go if you are overdue and this has big implications.

I would call tomorrow and insist on another scan and/or appointment with your consultant. Don't be afraid to come across strongly towards them, you need to fight for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Sorry just jumping in here, they have been incredibly rude and professionally poor towards you. You need to insist that the date is changed, it will affect how long over they may let you go if you are overdue and this has big implications.

I would call tomorrow and insist on another scan and/or appointment with your consultant. Don't be afraid to come across strongly towards them, you need to fight for this.

My midwife (on MLU) agrees with me and have an app with her next week so not sure should I wait til then? That is same thing worrying me about goin over and the dangers of it? Scan woman said today baby looks like already 7-14 and still have 4 weeks to go an could tip to 10lbs, this is my first and all I have is the bump?

• Advertisement

That consultant sounds horrible!! I would speak to your midwife

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

My midwife (on MLU) agrees with me and have an app with her next week so not sure should I wait til then? That is same thing worrying me about goin over and the dangers of it? Scan woman said today baby looks like already 7-14 and still have 4 weeks to go an could tip to 10lbs, this is my first and all I have is the bump?

Scans can be out by 10% don't stress they were out my loads on my first said 10 lb came at 6 13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Scans weights are very inaccurate so I wouldn't worry so much about that. I think it might be worth getting your midwife to speak to consultant on your behalf, especially as I think If you go over the consultant has the say not the midwife. Would you consider calling midwife tomorrow to express your concerns?

Started sorting all of the baby's clothes today. She has so many already!! Hard to believe she is due in another 3 weeks!! ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Started sorting all of the baby's clothes today. She has so many already!! Hard to believe she is due in another 3 weeks!! ♥

I got bags of hand me down neutral babygro's., baby has about 5 times the changes of clothes that I have! cant wait to get outfits specific for baby tho!

37weeks today, if baby was born it wouldn't be classed as premature! feels a bit crazy!

also think I lost a part of my plug this morning, it wasnt blood streaked so think it was just a part of it, have gp check today so will mention it then but I dont think they do anything until further signs come!
    all starting to feel very real now!

• Advertisement

ainy wrote: »
    I got bags of hand me down neutral babygro's., baby has about 5 times the changes of clothes that I have! cant wait to get outfits specific for baby tho!

37weeks today, if baby was born it wouldn't be classed as premature! feels a bit crazy!

also think I lost a part of my plug this morning, it wasnt blood streaked so think it was just a part of it, have gp check today so will mention it then but I dont think they do anything until further signs come!
    all starting to feel very real now!

How did you get on with the gp today? If that was part of your plug, it looks like things will be happening for you soon!!

I am getting so much movement today, kicks right into my ribs. I wonder if she is trying to move down...

Kauto0709 wrote:
    How did you get on with the gp today? If that was part of your plug, it looks like things will be happening for you soon!!

when I described it to her she said it sounds like it was part of the plug! it can come away in parts and its only when its blood streaked that its all out but nothing that I can do until pains/waters go! she said that the plug can go a week or 2 before labour actually begins(in first baby) so still just on the waiting game. suppose I just know now that at least something is getting ready down there!

Kauto0709 wrote:
    I am getting so much movement today, kicks right into my ribs. I wonder if she is trying to move down...

she might be trying to get leverage to head the right direction!

ainy wrote: »
    she might be trying to get leverage to head the right direction!

Hopefully!! Am so uncomfortable!

At least we are nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Got twinges for about an hour and a half last night, all quiet at the moment though. :o
    (There might be some truth to the 'shenanigans between the sheets make things happen' thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

yamiki wrote: »
    Got twinges for about an hour and a half last night, all quiet at the moment though. :o
    (There might be some truth to the 'shenanigans between the sheets make things happen' thing!)

Hanky panky is a fine mix of prostaglandin and oxytocin!

I stomped around IKEA on Saturday and was getting some nice pains for the rest of the day. Not much since!

My 18 month old is poorly so I was up cleaning up puke at 4 am.

Mammy = best job ever...

Hanky panky is a fine mix of prostaglandin and oxytocin!

I stomped around IKEA on Saturday and was getting some nice pains for the rest of the day. Not much since!

My 18 month old is poorly so I was up cleaning up puke at 4 am.

Mammy = best job ever...

Ah, another one with the same age gap as mine will be!
    hopefully your little one feels better soon.

For those of you who have had babies before, what was it like when the labour came on first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I had 2 very different labours.

First one I was getting regular pains appx 4 mins apart for nearly 12 hours, but nothing I couldn't manage so stayed home. Then my waters broke and pains started coming thick and fast and intense so headed in to the hospital and was 21.

2nd baby, just started getting pains about 7:30, again manageable but intense enough. Was about 2 hours later that I went to the hospital by the time my hubby got home from work. Waters didn't break that time and they did that in the hospital. I was 6cm.

If you're wondering when to go to the hospital, rule of thumb is that contractions should be regular, intense and last about 40-50 seconds. If they stop you walking and talking then you're probably in labour

I had 2 very different labours.

First one I was getting regular pains appx 4 mins apart for nearly 12 hours, but nothing I couldn't manage so stayed home. Then my waters broke and pains started coming thick and fast and intense so headed in to the hospital and was 21.

2nd baby, just started getting pains about 7:30, again manageable but intense enough. Was about 2 hours later that I went to the hospital by the time my hubby got home from work. Waters didn't break that time and they did that in the hospital. I was 6cm.

If you're wondering when to go to the hospital, rule of thumb is that contractions should be regular, intense and last about 40-50 seconds. If they stop you walking and talking then you're probably in labour

Thanks crazy cat lady :-)

• Advertisement

thanks crazy cat lady! its good to know, dont want to go to the hospital too early.!
    nothing further happening with me, repeat scan on thursday and clinic monday!

how did your appt go goldlocks? did you get your date for section?

With my first, My contractions felt like period cramps at first, and got more regular and stronger as the day progressed. Went to hospital then when they were about three minutes apart. My waters got broken in hospital then.

I am back at the Midwife's Clinic on Fri, I will be 38 weeks. Is she likely to offer me a sweep at that stage or do they wait until 40 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

baby turned. its great. plan for induction on the 9 th March. but blood pressure was high so admitted for observations of course blood pressure is down now but have to stay til tomorrow

baby turned. its great. plan for induction on the 9 th March. but blood pressure was high so admitted for observations of course blood pressure is down now but have to stay til tomorrow

awe great to hear baby turned for you! and you have a date now!! hopefully the blood pressure will stay down for and you get home tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I am back at the Midwife's Clinic on Fri, I will be 38 weeks. Is she likely to offer me a sweep at that stage or do they wait until 40 weeks?

You could always ask.

On my first my BP was v high at 37 + 5 and I had OB appointment on a thurs. He booked me for induction that Sunday but did a sweep that day to try to start my labour naturally. So in my case it was to try to avoid my scheduled induction that was medically necessary.

No harm in asking though and see what they say! :)

You could always ask.

On my first my BP was v high at 37 + 5 and I had OB appointment on a thurs. He booked me for induction that Sunday but did a sweep that day to try to start my labour naturally. So in my case it was to try to avoid my scheduled induction that was medically necessary.

No harm in asking though and see what they say! :)

Thanks sittingpretty. I will ask anyway. I really want to try natural means of bringing on labour. I really don't want to have to be induced for post-dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Thanks sittingpretty. I will ask anyway. I really want to try natural means of bringing on labour. I really don't want to have to be induced for post-dates

I feel the same way.

So far this time I've managed to avoid high BP.

Due 7th and induction booked for 9th so crossing fingers that I go into labour myself.

I feel the same way.

So far this time I've managed to avoid high BP.

Due 7th and induction booked for 9th so crossing fingers that I go into labour myself.

Fingers crossed for you too!

• Advertisement

it was only when i read this that it actually hit me, march is next week! we're going to start gettin thread arrivals very soon!! so exciting!!

fingers crossed you can get going yourself before induction, i've heard a few people swear by reflexology to get things moving!

Advertisement