Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Baby showing 2 wks ahead so 38+ wks today. possibly 9.5lbs if I go term +. OB not to happy as I'm quite small and first was 6lbs 2oz. So have apt with him today. Probable sweep And if that doesn't work most likely looking at induction next wk.

oh wow so it could really happen quite soon! how you feeling about it?

11 march. But going to be sectioned so will find out on 23 feb

Aw goldlocks, its amazing that you'l get a definite date on when your going to meet the little one.! its the not knowing when thats gettin to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ainy wrote: »
    oh wow so it could really happen quite soon! how you feeling about it?

Honestly, more nervous than first time, don't know why :( didn't have a bad experience or anything.....quite long labour but nothing too awful.

Wanted to avoid induction if I could and that doesn't look likely now. Think it might just be the hormones playing on my emotions :D

Wanted to avoid induction if I could and that doesn't look likely now. Think it might just be the hormones playing on my emotions 

well maybe after the sweep today you might avoid the induction!

my consultant was saying mine is going to be 9lb at least! we'l see what they say at next appointment on Monday!

at least you'll be that bit closer to meeting your little one if they induce you!
    hope appointment went well today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Baby showing 2 wks ahead so 38+ wks today. possibly 9.5lbs if I go term +. OB not to happy as I'm quite small and first was 6lbs 2oz. So have apt with him today. Probable sweep
    And if that doesn't work most likely looking at induction next wk.

How did your apt go today? Did he do a sweep?

• Advertisement

Thanks Ainy & Kauto.

Bit of an anti climax today :(

Baby's growth has slowed to average for my dates. My BP was fine so he didn't do a sweep or book induction.

He asked me if I wanted to but I said no unless medically indicated like last time.

So came away small bit deflated after a 3 hour wait but sure we'll carry on pressure and all :D

How's everyone else getting along? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Due (my dates) 11th of March, consultant says 16th, but midwife said I'm def measuring a week ahead! Clarify this by Wednesday! Absolutely shattered today and weird tingling sensation in my feet? On upside found water wipes in my local chemist for €2, buy one get one free so got 14 packs for €14!

Aw thats a bit of an anticlimax but I suppose if its not medically necessary, theres no point risking going ahead with induction when its not needed, at least you might avoid it now!

i'm doing good, glad to be finished work, feel like I have more energy, even got back on my exercise bike at home!
    getting a good bit of swelling though, a bit more persistent but it does go away overnight and I haven't had any protein in my urine! i'll just have to see what they say monday,

Thanks Ainy & Kauto.

Bit of an anti climax today :(

Baby's growth has slowed to average for my dates. My BP was fine so he didn't do a sweep or book induction.

He asked me if I wanted to but I said no unless medically indicated like last time.

So came away small bit deflated after a 3 hour wait but sure we'll carry on pressure and all :D

How's everyone else getting along? :)

That is a bit of an anti-climax when you had told yourself you would be seeing your baby very soon :-( On the brightside hopefully you will get to go into labour naturally yourself now and can avoid induction :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

I know it feels a bit deflating (and we'd all like to deflate) but average for dates is good news. It really is. I hear the prostin gel can be awful so as Kauto says you're better placed to hopefully avoid this now.

I'm goodish. Feel huge and ungainly, despite six weeks to go. The right side of my upper back hurts and my right wrist, fingers and forearm hurt but in general doing really well.

• Advertisement

deedless wrote: »
    I know it feels a bit deflating (and we'd all like to deflate) but average for dates is good news. It really is. I hear the prostin gel can be awful so as Kauto says you're better placed to hopefully avoid this now.

I'm goodish. Feel huge and ungainly, despite six weeks to go. The right side of my upper back hurts and my right wrist, fingers and forearm hurt but in general doing really well.

Thanks Deedless. I feel much better now and I'm glad I have a chance at avoiding induction. I had it on my first and I'd really rather let nature take its course this time if I can at all :)

I suppose I'm just a bit deflated that I've another almost month to go being as wide as I am tall : D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

March 16 here, but I'm hoping I'll go early, my first was a week early too.

March 28 here. Feels like AGES away still. Getting a couple of painful cramps (assume braxton hicks) every day. Only two or three but frankly could do without.

so had my hospital appointment 36+3, baby still measuring big, 2weeks ahead! but not as drastically ahead as previous, booked for another official scan in 2wks and back to clinic then too so presume they'll have a better idea with that one!
    baby in position and making its way down, no wonder i'v had extra pressure down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

At gp if bp or swelling increase need to go to hospital. Baby breach still. On insulin. Roll on hospital appointment on next Monday. Ill ne getting a date for section

At gp if bp or swelling increase need to go to hospital. Baby breach still. On insulin. Roll on hospital appointment on next Monday. Ill ne getting a date for section

ainy wrote: »
    so had my hospital appointment 36+3, baby still measuring big, 2weeks ahead! but not as drastically ahead as previous, booked for another official scan in 2wks and back to clinic then too so presume they'll have a better idea with that one!
    baby in position and making its way down, no wonder i'v had extra pressure down there!

At least the baby is not as drastically ahead as before. Hopefully by your next scan in 2 weeks things will have settled. That's great the head us making its way into the pelvis already :-)

Oh dear, stubborn baby. That is a pity! Ah well at least you know he/she will be here soon :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just popping my head in from January thread to say that the growth scans in third trimester are notoriously inaccurate. My baby was supposedly measuring 7lbs 7 at week 37. He was born at 40+1 weighing 6lbs 3. I would be cautious going for induction if it's only based on weight. I was induced for blood pressure not for weight

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Just popping my head in from January thread to say that the growth scans in third trimester are notoriously inaccurate.

Agreed, my sister was told her little man was underweight by one doctor, massively big by the second doctor, and fine by the next one. Baby ended up being about 3.5 kg. So I wouldn't pay much heed to these estimates.

i've had a lot of swelling, my feet look like elephant feet by the evening but everything else is ok so they not worried! at least you'l have a date next week so, you'll know the end is in sight!

Kauto0709 wrote:
    At least the baby is not as drastically ahead as before. Hopefully by your next scan in 2 weeks things will have settled. That's great the head us making its way into the pelvis already :-)

yeah i'm delighted baby is heading the right direction and when I asked the doctor she said it wouldn't be common for baby to turn back around when they've started moving down so happy about that!

they didn't mention anything about induction or anything, I suppose they'l see how things are at the scan and I know the scan can be inaccurate but my cousin went through the same as me and her fella was 10lb 2! I dont fancy that!!

So has anyone else turning into absolute eating monsters?! I cannot stop :P

So has anyone else turning into absolute eating monsters?! I cannot stop 

ha ha, yes!! being off work, mixed with being an emotional mess leaves me eating everything! also had a trip to the loo at about 4 this mornin and felt peckish so had a banana!

we set up the moses basket and stand yesterday, have it in our room, felt very strange seeing it this morning! going to keep it there so we can get used to not walking in to it!

Eating is increasing all right. Sadly after being relatively good for the last 8 months its's all chocolate now. Mmm malteasers and ferraro rocher.

Got the other half to massage my shoulders last night. I've nasty pain under my right shoulder blade. He wouldn't typically believe in massage but he said there was a huge difference in how the different sides felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Have you looked at www.spinningbabies.com?

Lots of positions you can try to help turn the baba.

Mine was breech a couple of weeks ago and just one day of doing the breech tilt had him turned. I know there was more room in there then but it could still work for you. Nothing get to lose by trying!

Trying it for 3 weeks and no movement only a little to the side. I was diabetic but only diagnosis last week so baby is very big so don't think it's much room to move but fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Had a horrible day today while in for a scan to check dates. Woman was so rude and made me feel so dumb I was in tears leaving the hospital :(

Advertisement