Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'll put it this way, we stream our games live and have a viewer base of about 2000 people each time, and a few of us (including myself) get to make some cash from it.
    But people played so badly the last few days we've lost a tonne of viewers :(
    Oh so it's their job, well then they should be well able to do it!

I've no hangover :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh so it's their job, well then they should be well able to do it!

I've no hangover :)

I wasnt drinking but the proverbial sh*t has hit the fan this morning here due to unsanctioned changes made on the systems last night and I might have a hangover by the end of it.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Oh no TP not nice to face into on a friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's a pain in the tits alright when someone decides to change things. The problem for my team wouldn't be that we'd be stumped with fixing it, we'll get flooded with a shíte load of calls about people complaining about their stuff not working anymore and we wouldn't have the slightest clue about what's going on.

got an easier Friday morning now meself, was meant to be in an hour long con call about a project for a tool we use in the call centre and it's been cancelled :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh no TP not nice to face into on a friday.

Nope, exactly what I said to one of the lads 5 mins ago.. :rolleyes:

Ahh sure what can you do!

• Advertisement

Thats how we figure out a lot of our stuff goes wrong,when customers ring or email about it.usually down to the developer putting something live when he's not meant to.

Thats how we figure out a lot of our stuff goes wrong,when customers ring or email about it.usually down to the developer putting something live when he's not meant to.

Same here. We have layers of monitoring but it doesnt always pick stuff up and its not until someone complains here that we find out

With us it wouldn't make sense to have things monitored like that,very little would go wrong if the developer would stop putting the test stuff live,the big arse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"it'll work, I know what I'm doing it'll be fine... sure it's not customer facing anyway..."

:rolleyes:

With us it wouldn't make sense to have things monitored like that,very little would go wrong if the developer would stop putting the test stuff live,the big arse

Ahh I've worked with a few of them and you make a point of putting very smug satisfied look on your face of "I told you to stop doing that" when you see them getting their a*s chewed by the boss for doing it :D

• Advertisement

"it'll work, I know what I'm doing it'll be fine... sure it's not customer facing anyway..."

:rolleyes:

Yeah except ours has the unique ability to **** up customer facing stuff when having only changed admin stuff!
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh I've worked with a few of them and you make a point of putting very smug satisfied look on your face of "I told you to stop doing that" when you see them getting their a*s chewed by the boss for doing it :D

Ours doesn't get given out to at all,and NEVER accepts that its something he's done wrong.though,ya know,he's the only one with access to the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I work for a Network Monitoring company so I'm keeping quiet over here in the corner until TP sorts it all out :)

My Carbonara tasted nice but it was a pain cooking it - will get it better next time re: timing

Hope you're all lookin forwards to the weekend??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

PaulieC wrote: »
    I work for a Network Monitoring company so I'm keeping quiet over here in the corner until TP sorts it all out :)

My Carbonara tasted nice but it was a pain cooking it - will get it better next time re: timing

Hope you're all lookin forwards to the weekend??

Carbonara is my signature dish, love it:D

Happy Friday and good morning to everyone:)

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Carbonara is my signature dish, love it:D

Happy Friday and good morning to everyone:)
    Wait a second......

Nope it wasn't you who put up the recipe in the Cooking Club forum - so happy I found that forum after so long - some cracking recipes there.

I'm looking forwards to cooking it again seeing as I know now how to get the timing better.

Once I get it pretty much nailed on, I'll move onto a different dish :)

Wait a second......

Nope it wasn't you who put up the recipe in the Cooking Club forum - so happy I found that forum after so long - some cracking recipes there.

I'm looking forwards to cooking it again seeing as I know now how to get the timing better.

Once I get it pretty much nailed on, I'll move onto a different dish :)
    Haha nah it wasn't me:P
    Yea that forum is great alright, but I just feel hungry when I go in there...

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Haha nah it wasn't me:P
    Yea that forum is great alright, but I just feel hungry when I go in there...
    They make it look so easy too

i think I saw a recipe there for Malteaser & Toblerone cheesecake - might try on that one for size some weekend when I have time.

They make it look so easy too

i think I saw a recipe there for Malteaser & Toblerone cheesecake - might try on that one for size some weekend when I have time.
    Yea that's true.
    Oh yea do!:)

I made chocolate brownies last night, sooooo yummy!

im so going to try the rainbow cake soon

Ours doesn't get given out to at all,and NEVER accepts that its something he's done wrong.though,ya know,he's the only one with access to the code

Oh ours do and on a regular basis!! :D:D:D

oh man, we are gonna have to book an extra large space for the next TGC boards beers as everyone is gonna be the size of a house after all these cakes and recipes!!! :p:pac:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

What's that exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sounds like something you would eat at Woodstock!

Taste the rainbow Maaaaaannnnnnnn :pac:

oh bluewolf, meant to tell you they do blue, green, yellow, orange and red colours in Dunnes on Henry St, if you haven't found any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

oh man, we are gonna have to book an extra large space for the next TGC boards beers as everyone is gonna be the size of a house after all these cakes and recipes!!! :p:pac:

We might need a table each- we can bring the laptops/phones, shuffle off to a corner, and communicate as we are now :D
    I'll bring the dialling wands :/

We might need a table each- we can bring the laptops/phones, shuffle off to a corner, and communicate as we are now :D
    I'll bring the dialling wands :/

or we could just use smart phones.. :p:D:pac:

or we could just use smart phones.. :p:D:pac:
    I still don't have one and I work in IT - oh the shame!! :(

Hopefully getting one at the end of this month or for Christmas - HTC Sensation I'd say :)

• Advertisement

oh bluewolf, meant to tell you they do blue, green, yellow, orange and red colours in Dunnes on Henry St, if you haven't found any of them.

thanks :) i need the special strong colours, are they those or the liquidy watery ones?
    the strong ones are over off grafton st... i duno do i want to bother heading over after work lol

thanks :) i need the special strong colours, are they those or the liquidy watery ones?
    the strong ones are over off grafton st... i duno do i want to bother heading over after work lol

hmm, they were liquidy anyway, don't remember how strong the colours were. best not to chance it I suppose :\

Meant to say ToxicPaddy - I went ahead and bought that Philips Senseo Coffee Machine

It's quite good - bought some pods in Tesco and it works out at 13c per cup - even if I want to get cheaper than that you can attach a duck and do it manually

Much nicer than filtered coffee - Americanos at home ftw :)

Meant to say ToxicPaddy - I went ahead and bought that Philips Senseo Coffee Machine

It's quite good - bought some pods in Tesco and it works out at 13c per cup - even if I want to get cheaper than that you can attach a duck and do it manually

Much nicer than filtered coffee - Americanos at home ftw :)

Nice.. 13 cents a cup is not bad at all. So decent coffee for you in the mornings!! We will be expecting great things on TGC after that announcement :D

Nice.. 13 cents a cup is not bad at all. So decent coffee for you in the mornings!! We will be expecting great things on TGC after that announcement :D
    Well if I'm coffee'd up in the mornings and have a smartphone then there'll be no stopping me :pac:

I still don't have one and I work in IT - oh the shame!! :(

Hopefully getting one at the end of this month or for Christmas - HTC Sensation I'd say :)

Thats crazy? Do you do on call or deal with customers? If so, you should have one. I dont understand that with companies, work phones cost sod all and they are a nice perk too for the employee :confused:

I don't have a work smart phone but thats changing next week. We are changing networks and a few of us were due upgrades for ages and never got them, I have the same work phone for nearly 3 years, so as part of the deal we had to be supplied with new swanky ones. Think I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy SII as far as I know.. :P

• Advertisement

Thats crazy? Do you do on call or deal with customers? If so, you should have one. I dont understand that with companies, work phones cost sod all and they are a nice perk too for the employee :confused:

I don't have a work smart phone but thats changing next week. We are changing networks and a few of us were due upgrades for ages and never got them, I have the same work phone for nearly 3 years, so as part of the deal we had to be supplied with new swanky ones. Think I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy SII as far as I know.. :P
    Nah I had a work phone in my last job but I didn't need email access for Deskside Support - all network engineers had BB's

In my current role, I'm doing tech support so I'm not on call as we have offices in the US, Australia, Singapore etc. so there's no real down time for support

I just want one for myself - browsing stuff quickly etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Speaking of coffee machines - anyone have an aeropress or nespresso machine?

Was thinking of picking one up. Heard the aeropress is da shizz.

Sky King wrote: »
    Speaking of coffee machines - anyone have an aeropress or nespresso machine?

Was thinking of picking one up.
    Argos have the one I got - the Philips Senseo at half price atm for €65

Nice coffee from it and you can get the pods from Tesco - 36 pods for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

TP I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I love love love it :) I just got a spare battery and charger (you put the battery in the charger dock out of the phone) for 6 euro on Ebay! It's a work phone too and it's great, it has the voice assistant thingy :)

RHCP in 5 hours :):):) 300 minutes :D:D:D

pif, Leinster V Munster in 4.5 hours :cool:

• Advertisement

pif, Leinster V Munster in 4.5 hours :cool:
    Really need to lookup when Munster are playing in Musgrave next - I'm only a short trip away from the grounds and would like to see them play

Really need to lookup when Munster are playing in Musgrave next - I'm only a short trip away from the grounds and would like to see them play

Yeah, might make my way down for a match sometime If Munster are home while Leinster are away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

So jealous!! Enjoy.
    A customer just delivered a huge big chocolate/coffee cake, yeehaw!

Yeah, might make my way down for a match sometime If Munster are home while Leinster are away.
    Only problem is most games are on in Thomond Park, if you're heading to Musgrave and have a spare ticket by all means let me know!! :)

I find games aren't very well advertised in Cork in general - you really need to go and find stuff from time to time

Only problem is most games are on in Thomond Park, if you're heading to Musgrave and have a spare ticket by all means let me know!! :)

I find games aren't very well advertised in Cork in general - you really need to go and find stuff from time to time

haha, meant that direction in general.

Hmmm the OLSC gave out cards with upcoming games that stated home/away and whether it'll be Aviva/RDS.

Kind of suprised that the Munster crowd wouldn't make something like that known. Or does it not get publicised much in general out in Cork?

haha, meant that direction in general.

Hmmm the OLSC gave out cards with upcoming games that stated home/away and whether it'll be Aviva/RDS.

Kind of suprised that the Munster crowd wouldn't make something like that known. Or does it not get publicised much in general out in Cork?
    Limerick I'd say - Cork would have no reason to really - just checked the Munster website there and the next game Munster play in Cork is April 2012 which is an absolute age away!

Even Cork City FC aren't advertised too well and I'd go to the odd game were I aware when it was on - it sounds lazy by saying I shouldn't have to go looking for such info but at the same time I see absolutely nothing about it around the city.

Limerick I'd say - Cork would have no reason to really - just checked the Munster website there and the next game Munster play in Cork is April 2012 which is an absolute age away!

Even Cork City FC aren't advertised too well and I'd go to the odd game were I aware when it was on - it sounds lazy by saying I shouldn't have to go looking for such info but at the same time I see absolutely nothing about it around the city.

Yeah, just had a look at the site meself. Against Glasow Warriors as well, should be a daecent enough game bai.

Leinster had a scrappy game against them a few weeks ago. Seemed like a really though bunch. They just closed all chances of play once they got in the lead in the last 15 minutes.

Yeah, just had a look at the site meself. Against Glasow Warriors as well, should be a daecent enough game bai.

Leinster had a scrappy game against them a few weeks ago. Seemed like a really though bunch. They just closed all chances of play once they got in the lead in the last 15 minutes.
    Sounds like they'd suit Munster down to the ground tbh - a good aul dogfight :)

TP I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I love love love it :) I just got a spare battery and charger (you put the battery in the charger dock out of the phone) for 6 euro on Ebay! It's a work phone too and it's great, it has the voice assistant thingy :)

Have a Desire S as my personal phone so carrying 2 of them will be a pain, I'll need big pockets methinks.. :D

Have food colouring, will travel!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement