Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Mrio 64? Thats a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

mario 64!!! a bad game.

You're an idiot, one the best games ever made.

Can't believe that, what a gob****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by deadduck
    mario 64!!! a bad game.

You're an idiot, one the best games ever made.

Can't believe that, what a gob****e

Calm down FFS. What an asshole ;):p

Anyway, thye way I felt about it was that the camra angles sucked and the controlls were just a pain in the ass. My point is the main challenge of the game was getting to grips with the sh!ty controll system and camera and the after that the game was painfully boring and easy. Only children would enjoy that heap of over hyped sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Well the camera and controls were designed for children and you seemed to have trouble with them. They worked fine and were way better then anything at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Can't help but mention Mortal Kombat. Boy did that series suck majorly. But don't know if I could call them the worst games...

There've been a fair few shíte p'n'clickers in their day... and some HORRIBLE rpgs.

But on further thought the most horrible game I've played was Battletoads Versus Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. It was unplayable! (on the MD anyway) and also a good vote should go to Valhalla on the Amiga. Ooh yes please! I want to fall into random hole traps THAT YOU CAN'T SEE NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU LOOK BECAUSE THEY WERE THE SAME TILES AS NORMAL ONES!

... I miss Amiga Power <sobs>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by lordsippa

... I miss Amiga Power <sobs> [/B]

Man, that was one funny magazine.:D

Did anyone ever see a game called "Football Manager"? It came out on the Amiga at full price (FIVE whole pounds! That should have warned me...) No game should have the synthetic speech system giving out football results. Especially when they weren't spelled phonetically...

Aside from matches that ended up 25-0...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by mcgarnicle
    Well the camera and controls were designed for children and you seemed to have trouble with them. They worked fine and were way better then anything at the time

Well I seemed to get on fine with the Carera and controlls in Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Tenchu just to name a few. My point was I found that it annoyed me. I just said 'I' felt it was one of the biggest let downs in a title ever and as such for me one of the worst games ever imho.

Then deadduck and now you have to go and throw your toys out of the pram :confused: Look its just my opinion no need to get so annsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wolf seems to be getting some flaming, but i`ve heard others say mario64 was crap, if thats his opinion, cool,
    but mario kart64 was class. I
    Have to disagree with syxpak on FFvii, thought it was a class game, altho only playable once and not a patch on the SNES Chrono Trigger.

As for Gunman Chronicles i actually liked that game , snapped it up for around 8 euro in game at xmas.

Also that South Park mess on the n64 with the mist and the turkeys, jaysis suck dog ****. The main one that springs to mind is the fifa series of games, including 2003, its just one awful game to play. Anyone playing Fifa should give Pro Evo Soccer a go and rejoice at teh bootiful game.

Mortal Kombat games were ok back in the day, if only for the finishing moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mario 64 is not crap, its deadly!

Mario Kart 64 is not class, its just ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by bazH
    Mortal Kombat games were ok back in the day, if only for the finishing moves.
    yeah, they were all a bit of a laugh, except for mk1 on the snes:rolleyes:
    poop in a cartridge tbh.
    didn't even have the arcade games one redeeming feature - blood.
    and its one of the only games i've ever found a bug for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Wolf
    Some people here have said Max Payne I mean WTF!!!

Brilliant game! and no where nearly as bad as some of these mentioned.

Anyway, bad games......

Mario Allstars
    Super Soccer
    Battle Toads
    Redneck Rampage
    Mario Kart 64 (what a let down from the org)
    Mario 64
    Versile
    Delat Force Series (and most of those battle simulators on PC except 1942)
    Tetris

Delta Force rocked. Was the first game I ever played on a LAN. The sequels haven't managed to be quite as good though.
    Battle Sims rock. If you're poor at them then that's your failing, not the game's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

yeah, they were all a bit of a laugh, except for mk1 on the snes poop in a cartridge tbh. didn't even have the arcade games one redeeming feature - blood.

Why did everyone think that MK1 had no blood on the snes. It did have blood except you needed a cheat to get it. The MD one was the same. No blood except if you used a cheat. They were both awful except that the snes had slightly better graphics.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Why did everyone think that MK1 had no blood on the snes. It did have blood except you needed a cheat to get it. The MD one was the same. No blood except if you used a cheat. They were both awful except that the snes had slightly better graphics.
    the mega drive one had a blood cheat alright, i'm pretty sure the snes version didn't.
    (what with the snes being the "family console" of the time)
    i'd actually put money on the snes version not having a blood cheat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always thought there was. However after a visit to Gamefaqs.com it looks like I may be wrong. Savour it, it doesn't happen very often :D

HAHAAAAA!!! TAEK IT!!!
    IN YORE FACE!!!

/me does a victory dance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Personally, I found South Park to be a brillaint multiplayer, played it for ages with my friends. It was hilarious, and chicken sniping got pretty tense aswell.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mario Allstars? Mario 64? Tetris? Wolf, are you on crack? :p

Max Payne rocked. Until you finished it, at least.

An old PC game called Virtuoso was possibly the biggest load of steaming turd i have ever 'played'. Think of any third person shooter, then picture said third person shooter with truly awful graphics and with the 'person' blocking your view when you shoot. Lastly, picture Mist style animation where turning left or right gives you a new picture. 0.1 frames per second genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Night Breed on the Amiga sucked ass.

A friend of mine also got one of those 180 in 1 carts for his NES years ago. There were some pretty ropey titles on that I can tell you!

Originally posted by bazH
    Wolf seems to be getting some flaming, but i`ve heard others say mario64 was crap, if thats his opinion, cool,
    but mario kart64 was class.

For ages me and my mates had both Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 sitting in the house. We even have the extra controllers for the 64 and yet we still played Mario Kart the most.

I suppose if the origional had never been made I would rave about Mario K 64 but simpley when you compare the 2 Mario k 64 is a very poor version of the orgional.

Also the Question of Mortal Kombat on the SNES it didnt have blood I had this sweat or somin that came out of them. You could turn this to red to make it look like a spray of blood. However in the first one there were no death moves and no way of unlocking them on the SENS. The MD version had all the stuff from the arcade that you got with a cheat.

Also the reason I said Tetris was I just though it was such a dull game!! The first games I played in the Game boy were imports and they were all great then came along this dopy block game that I had seen already on Linux for years

Also the SNES version was very gay and the MD version was good :D

The other thing is when I said Delta Force, actually the first was Ok it was one of the first games I played multi player aswell, however, the later versions lost it with 20 people camping in the hill sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Earthhorse
    Night Breed on the Amiga sucked ass.

A friend of mine also got one of those 180 in 1 carts for his NES years ago. There were some pretty ropey titles on that I can tell you!

Well, what did you expect with 180 "titles" (more like lots of variations on 4-8 basic game types) in such a small cart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

tomb raider, all from 3 to laracrofttombraidertheangelofdarkness, and resident evil code veronica, which i consider a huge let down after the first few being games

on the wolf matter, let him have his opinions, isn't that what the thread is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

main one that springs to mind is the fifa series of games, including 2003, its just one awful game to play. Anyone playing Fifa should give Pro Evo Soccer a go and rejoice at teh bootiful game.

2003 isnt that bad of a game... its great craic in multiplayer and the leagues and other comps in it are pretty good...

it does have a few annoying bugs in it though that are frustrating when they go against you... things like the ball taking too long to come down from a high pass, some thru balls and stuff like that..

i would nearly guess that they would have been put in there on purpose to keep the scores down.. a bit far out but might not be too far from the truth..

The rest of the preceeding FIFA titles were excellent.. at the time of each titles reign they were the best soccer games about...the only thing about them was that when you found the way to always score (you know that angle or shot that the keeper could never get) the game got a bit boring...

less of the FIFA bashing...

the worst game ive played is probably porsche challenge on the PS1.. i got it as a xmas present one year... i knew by looking it, i hoped that they had kept the receipt... it was pure muck!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

Shaq Fu - the worst

nuff said

that is all

fin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

BRING back sega consoles!
    oh, if you hated tetris, youd HHAAAATE colums for the megadrive- anyone else played it.
    i remember playing total recall on the c64, and what shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i remember colums, i loved it, had great music

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In all fairness, Tetris and Columns are both classy games. Most puzzle games of that sort are.

I will give you the worst and most hyped game in history, and I know no one will argue with this.

RISE OF THE ROBOTS on the SNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Columns was actually alright.

yeah, i loved columns (but then again, so did my ma:rolleyes:)
    tetris is one of the most addictive games out there, try downloading acid tetris or [UNF!]tetrinet[/UNF!] (see the thread on after hours for more on tetrinet)

mario all stars/kart/kart 64 are crap???
    i'm not the kind of guy to spend months of my life playing a crap game tbh, and those most definitely were not.

Originally posted by tman
    mario all stars/kart/kart 64 are crap???
    i'm not the kind of guy to spend months of my life playing a crap game tbh, and those most definitely were not.

Months? You sure you dont mean days? I have yet to play a challenging Mario Game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Max Payne is my favourite game to hate. My only consolation is that I waited to buy it on budget to confirm that I was smarter than the reviewers who gave it rave reviews.

Advertisement