Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Colm you obviously changed the thread again as when i first came to this Round 8 thread your post was the first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Colm you obviously changed the thread again as when i first came to this Round 8 thread your post was the first.

It was very strange alright. I mnaged to get to a shop and get fags and return to my hotel
    all is right here in cark as the locals appear to call it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gags??? What the hell are you doing in your hotel room dare I ask??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

She going gagging some young fella.

It was no ordinary shop either. sex shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

With relation to Cark, anyone do any programming? Here's a new language for ya :pac: http://www.adamlynch.com/ked/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Should have been fags lol

She going gagging some young fella.

It was no ordinary shop either. sex shop.

Yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

With relation to Cark, anyone do any programming? Here's a new language for ya :pac: http://www.adamlynch.com/ked/

Saw this during the college years. Personal favourite :pac:
    session::wreckTheGaff() like

dorgasm wrote: »
    Saw this during the college years. Personal favourite :pac:
    session::wreckTheGaff() like

Yeah it's quality, we're trying to find a way to actually use it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If any more asterisks are added to the title, they'll fall off the page :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Oh, hai! And I automatically follow. How nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Best thing to do is pull in and let them pass.
    And give em a taste of fulls plus hella spots*. Subtlety is wasted on many people.

*of course, by spots I mean real spots with a spot beam pattern mounted in a position conducive to spot lights and not fog lights with a fog light beam pattern fitted to a position conducive to fog lights that most people call spots. "I dint ha me fog lights on. Der spots ya dope"

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Sitting in the Nct centre and they have gone on lunch. The car is sitting in the lane for 20 mins getting cold. Hopefully won't affect emissions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Sitting in the Nct centre and they have gone on lunch. The car is sitting in the lane for 20 mins getting cold. Hopefully won't affect emissions :/

Emissions is done right at the door at the beginning shaunie.
    Well in any treat Centre I've been in.
    I assume they are the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Jaysus some people like an EARLY lunch! :P

YbFocus wrote: »
    Emissions is done right at the door at the beginning shaunie.
    Well in any treat Centre I've been in.
    I assume they are the same!

Yeah it's the same here but they drove in parked it there and went off lol! They are at it now on the ramp, I reckon it'll fail on a CV boot that I didn't get around to changing anyway.

Edit; I have to say I'm the same with lunch I take an early one and do a longer later shift as I'm not a morning person!

Id leave a 307 there too lol. Car failed on a brake line, I upgraded to 312mm and the line was slightly diff so doesn't sit perfectly in the holder. I have a spare one though that's the correct line just never fitted it. Also failed on broken headlight tabs that happened as a result of a gobsh**te reversing into me last year. Didn't cop it until now :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Id leave a 307 there too lol. Car failed on a brake line, I upgraded to 312mm and the line was slightly diff so doesn't sit perfectly in the holder. I have a spare one though that's the correct line just never fitted it. Also failed on broken headlight tabs that happened as a result of a gobsh**te reversing into me last year. Didn't cop it until now :(.

They seem to be very inconsistent with those types of visual checks for 'sharp edges' as they call it. My bumper was split and held together by cable ties and there wasn't a word said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The last time I was in getting a cvrt this lad on front of me was at the counter and the guy starts listing of what was wrong with the van; there was track rods, brake lines, exposed wiring that had be tidied up, brake pads, discs etc etc. The owner says to the guy what are brake pads. The guy tried to explain it and then said to the owner give this fail sheet to your mechanic and he will know what's wrong then. Owner turns around and says ah I'm handy enough with mechanical stuff so ill do the work myself the cvrt guys face was so funny. Didn't know what brake pads were but is handy enough with mechanics :pac:

Dear god, just pulled the bonnet latch and got no pressure!
    Bonnet ain't open!

What hell awaits me tonight!

• Advertisement

Dear god, just pulled the bonnet latch and got no pressure!
    Bonnet ain't open!

What hell awaits me tonight!

BMW's finest design there with the old bonnet cables. Out with pliers!

BMW's finest design there with the old bonnet cables. Out with pliers!

Tried grabbing the cable with a pliers and it done exactly nothing so the grille and aux fan has to come out seemingly!

Then a tedious job to pop the sprung catches!

Tried grabbing the cable with a pliers and it done exactly nothing so the grille and aux fan has to come out seemingly!

Then a tedious job to pop the sprung catches!

One of the E39's I was looking at had stuck or napped cables, A lot of force brought it up though but I felt like I was breaking it.

One of the E39's I was looking at had stuck or napped cables, A lot of force brought it up though but I felt like I was breaking it.

I'll try it once :)

I'm annoyed because i noticed it getting a bit notchy!
    Never thought it would give up like 3 openings later!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'd rather say - planned obsolescence. :pac:

BM fecking TroubleU's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

And yet i get made fun of for owning a saab :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's what £20 million got one collector:

four Aston Martins, 11 Ferraris, one Jaguar, four Lamborghinis, five Mercedes and two Porsches

2676711D00000578-0-image-a-120_1425913622520.jpg

26766F6B00000578-0-image-a-130_1425913670087.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986589/Treasure-trove-classic-cars-worth-20m-snapped-dealer-one-Britain-s-biggest-deals.html#ixzz3Tzhk2rzT

And yet i get made fun of for owning a saab :rolleyes::pac:

fitmyhonda11_large.jpg?1679

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

fitmyhonda11_large.jpg?1679

yaaaaa :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement