Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

dorgasm wrote: »
    Must remember this for when ehh.. I start playing hockey? :P

Sure give Cork Wolfpack a call. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »

You hardly play on ice? I don't think there is a ice rink in the west.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The drive to cork this morning was just rotten bad wind and rain the whole way

And then the satnav got lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ah nah, don't think I'm a hockey man. I'll make somehting similar for rugby balls and gear maybe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Finally got the new thread!

20150309_181346_zps1xtjm4c8.jpg

Only took about two weeks :P The car is so much better and planted than when it had 0 thread :pac:

Apparently I badly need new rear pads too but I checked afterwards and I'd say there's about 4-5mm visible on the pad itself. Either way the brother is going to be getting me pads and discs all round for less than trade price.

You hardly play on ice? I don't think there is a ice rink in the west.

I wish I did play on ice, but even the Dundalk place got shut down. There are #IceForIreland petitions going around. I play inline, it's very much the same, just with inline skates and a hard plastic puck instead of ice skates and a rubber puck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Right I'm back around after an epic stag weekend, what was missed :)

YbFocus wrote: »

Gvidor won the euromillions and bought us all Dacia Dusters

I got a new vehicular transportation thing. :P

• Advertisement

Gvidor won the euromillions and bought us all Dacia Dusters

Jesus thank god I wasn't around :)

Edit: Seen it GvidoR, was around late last week for it, funky looking thing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Jesus thank god I wasn't around :)

I got this in work :pac:

11024716_878482082195520_3876073595700537996_n.jpg?oh=3e2601e1406f498fefbaeacb278e6c1c&oe=55BE1A51&__gda__=1435439064_5eb0f7379794d8f5b0ee19ac90b90fe1

11024716_878482082195520_3876073595700537996_n.jpg?oh=3e2601e1406f498fefbaeacb278e6c1c&oe=55BE1A51&__gda__=1435439064_5eb0f7379794d8f5b0ee19ac90b90fe1

Oh god. Do you eventually graduate to a N badge? :P

That is brilliant!
    Did you wear it in work?
    There would be nothing that would cause me more terror than to see a lad come out of halfords to go at my car wearing that :)

That is brilliant!
    Did you wear it in work?
    There would be nothing that would cause me more terror than to see a lad come out of halfords to go at my car wearing that :)

Hahaha yeha i did, i got a few odd looks though, but i got like 20 quid in tips so i must be doing something right!
    Oh god. Do you eventually graduate to a N badge? :P

Christ dont say that! They'l get ideas! :pac:

Christ dont say that! They'l get ideas! :pac:

"N. I've worked here a while and did all the training but still not 100% qualified."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

That is brilliant!
    Did you wear it in work?

This happened last year but a women was at halfords with her kids getting a bulb changed it was an audi q7 only about 2 years old at the time. Now the halfords guy was well into the job when I seen it I just walked passed and was like wtf. He genuinely had half the front of the car stripped and sitting on the ground he looked like he was in so over his head it wasn't funny. Id say they are delighted with having tp a guy that actually knows what he is at :)

"N. I've worked here a while and did all the training but still not 100% qualified."

:pac:

I'm "N"early there :pac:

I wish I did play on ice, but even the Dundalk place got shut down. There are #IceForIreland petitions going around. I play inline, it's very much the same, just with inline skates and a hard plastic puck instead of ice skates and a rubber puck.

Ah reminds me of when I was younger, when roller blades were the thing. i remember swaping "ABEC 3 Terminator" bearings to some guy for a hockey stick. They were excellent bearings and I only used the two outside wheels took the middle two out and gave him the bearings so he could have good bearings. This was 18 or 19 years ago so they were really good bearings back then.

Ah reminds me of when I was younger, when roller blades were the thing. i remember swaping "ABEC 3 Terminator" bearings to some guy for a hockey stick. They were excellent bearings and I only used the two outside wheels took the middle two out and gave him the bearings so he could have good bearings. This was 18 or 19 years ago so they were really good bearings back then.

I skate now and again, and the ones i have in my blades are bones swiss bearings, serious things to go so they are

anyways that's my two cents :pac:

ToastedPickles, how long do you have to wear the L badge?

• Advertisement

I skate now and again, and the ones i have in my blades are bones swiss bearings, serious things to go so they are

anyways that's my two cents :pac:

Mine were so good when new the Christmas I got them I put them on and rolled all the way down the road without having to push myself. Couldn't believe it. The ones I used before were a spare pair of girls blades that my friend had for some reason.

ToastedPickles, how long do you have to wear the L badge?

I think ill just leave it on there just for the laugh of it

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Sliced my finger something fierce trying to fix a leaky fuel pump. I really am a menace to myself when I go near a car :pac:

I sliced my finger really bad as well a few months ago while cleaning a oil sump pan. Where the oil pick up strainer goes there is a metal piece bolted to pan and that sharp bástard done the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I20 3 door out now, dodgy "coupe" name and contrived detailing aside, its a decent looking jammer

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fassets%2Fcms%2F78b5ddc0-8433-4483-b5cd-4ea6406c852a%2FLarge+Image.jpg%3Fp%3D150302_04%3A32&Width=615&Height=347

Hello Hello Hello.....

At least this time I was subscribed to this new thread. For Round 7 I had to find it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is there any safe way to alert a driver behind you that there lights are blinding you. Thought I had a spaceship behind me tonight and I nearly hit a wall as I didn't see it because of being blinded

There is a button on your dash of which we dare not speak....

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There is a button on your dash of which we dare not speak....

The f word?

Autosport wrote: »
    Is there any safe way to alert a driver behind you that there lights are blinding you. Thought I had a spaceship behind me tonight and I nearly hit a wall as I didn't see it because of being blinded

If there on heads you could flash your rear fog light a few times but if there dips are blinding you because they are not set right I suppose there is not much they will do about that.

• Advertisement

I throw on the aul rear fog a few times.

The f word?

Used that button and kept tapping the brakes but to no avail :(

Used that button and kept tapping the brakes but to no avail :(

then they were just a twat

Bpmull wrote: »
    If there on heads you could flash your rear fog light a few times but if there dips are blinding you because they are not set right I suppose there is not much they will do about that.

They didn't have to put their front fogs on no fog out

Best thing to do is pull in and let them pass.

They didn't have to put their front fogs on no fog out

For fog I thought they were spotlights that you turn on to look cool :pac:
    Ah no as said the best thing to do is just pull in when safe to do so.

Best thing to do is pull in and let them pass.

Not possible on the road I was driving on, only one car can fit on it. It just annoyed the hell out of me, fecking gobsheen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Well done to colm on fvcking up the relatively easy task of linking to this thread from the old one :pac:

I'm amazed you found it

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm amazed you found it

I'm amazed you did since you couldn't fvcking link to it!

Colm you obviously changed the thread again as when i first came to this Round 8 thread your post was the first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Colm you obviously changed the thread again as when i first came to this Round 8 thread your post was the first.

It was very strange alright. I mnaged to get to a shop and get fags and return to my hotel
    all is right here in cark as the locals appear to call it

Gags??? What the hell are you doing in your hotel room dare I ask??? :eek:

She going gagging some young fella.

It was no ordinary shop either. sex shop.

With relation to Cark, anyone do any programming? Here's a new language for ya :pac: http://www.adamlynch.com/ked/

• Advertisement

Should have been fags lol

She going gagging some young fella.

It was no ordinary shop either. sex shop.

Yeah right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

With relation to Cark, anyone do any programming? Here's a new language for ya :pac: http://www.adamlynch.com/ked/

Saw this during the college years. Personal favourite :pac:
    session::wreckTheGaff() like

dorgasm wrote: »
    Saw this during the college years. Personal favourite :pac:
    session::wreckTheGaff() like

Yeah it's quality, we're trying to find a way to actually use it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If any more asterisks are added to the title, they'll fall off the page :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement