Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Viber wrote: »
    Hi Klingklang,
    Have you experienced any problems using Viber 2.0.2 (the latest version in AppStore) on your iPod-Touch?
    Regards.

All works very smoothly. The only issue I've had was an undelivered text to an iPhone using an older version of the app. Once the iPhone was updated to the latest version, all was well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

klingklang wrote: »
    All works very smoothly. The only issue I've had was an undelivered text to an iPhone using an older version of the app. Once the iPhone was updated to the latest version, all was well :)

Would you please elaborate?
    What version did you have previously (that gave you trouble), and which did you upgrade to, that solved the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Have the problems been fixed now in 2.0.2, or are you still having connection troubles?

Seems to have sorted any problems I was having - Viber's working perfectly now - Cheers!

One question though, I accidentally deleted a contact who is also on Viber, re-entered the details but they no longer show up in my list of Viber contacts. Sent another invitation to them etc but they still aren't listed. I can exchange calls and txts no problem by manually entering their number.

Both on iPhone 4 on latest IOS version if thats important

Thanks

Fionagus wrote: »
    Seems to have sorted any problems I was having - Viber's working perfectly now - Cheers!

One question though, I accidentally deleted a contact who is also on Viber, re-entered the details but they no longer show up in my list of Viber contacts. Sent another invitation to them etc but they still aren't listed. I can exchange calls and txts no problem by manually entering their number.

Both on iPhone 4 on latest IOS version if thats important

Thanks

Is that person also in your iPhone's contact list?
    If so, enter Viber and find that person in the "All" contact list. Enter his details, change a digit, save and exit. Then enter his contact again, change the digit back (to the original, correct number), save and exit. Wait about 10 minutes and see if he's recognized as a Viber user now.

If not - let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Is that person also in your iPhone's contact list?
    If so, enter Viber and find that person in the "All" contact list. Enter his details, change a digit, save and exit. Then enter his contact again, change the digit back (to the original, correct number), save and exit. Wait about 10 minutes and see if he's recognized as a Viber user now.

If not - let me know.

Worked! Thanks a million for your help :)

• Advertisement

Fionagus wrote: »
    Worked! Thanks a million for your help :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Is it just me or when you try to call someone on viber does it always ring, even if the person is offline?

I'm on o2 and my girlfriend is on vodafone, viber never seems to work when we try to ring each other.

anyone else use this app on 02 with iphone and get it to work successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Is it just me or when you try to call someone on viber does it always ring, even if the person is offline?

I'm on o2 and my girlfriend is on vodafone, viber never seems to work when we try to ring each other.

Yeah just downloaded it tonight and it worked fine for me! Good alternative to skype!

I'm having the exact same problem as Fionagus had.

• I have Iphone 3gs with o2 (using wifi)
    • Girlfriend has iPhone 3gs with vodafone (using 3g)

Both running Ios4.31

Messaging works perfect and we can ring each other but when we answer we can't hear each other

I'm using a ADSL router

Any ideas how to sort this issue out?

Thank you

Your indication that the other person's Viber is ACTUALLY ringing, is if you see "Ringing.." in the call screen. That way you know the call went through and appears on the other person's screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Your indication that the other person's Viber is ACTUALLY ringing, is if you see "Ringing.." in the call screen. That way you know the call went through and appears on the other person's screen.

Viber,

Do you have any idea when the Android version will get released?

Cheers

Nick

I'm using a ADSL router

Any ideas how to sort this issue out?

Thank you

Ports are probably blocked.

Enable the following ports (ingoing AND outgoing) in order to use Viber behind a Firewall or a Router:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

yoyo wrote: »
    Viber,

Do you have any idea when the Android version will get released?

Cheers

Nick

Unfortunately not yet.
    As you probably know it's been delayed beyond what we originally expected, due to the fact that support for more and more devices was needed.

We don't want to give a false estimate, but we will surely let you know of any news regarding this once we make an official announcements on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

just wanted to say THANKS for an excellent product
    Viber-thumb.jpg
    this is not actually me, but my feelings are mutual about this app

Is anyone else having trouble with viber?

Even when im sitting 2 metres away from my router it says "network quality poor"

I went to a friends house and it said the same thing

When i can eventually hear the other person, it just echoes and the sound quality is terrible

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Text messages seem to be delayed recently..The other person doesn't get them till hours later:o

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Is anyone else having trouble with viber?

Even when im sitting 2 metres away from my router it says "network quality poor"

I went to a friends house and it said the same thing

When i can eventually hear the other person, it just echoes and the sound quality is terrible

any ideas?

I' disappointed with it. Texts seem to go missing or are delivered late (last few weeks) . Voice calls only work if we're both on our home wifi otherwise quality is rubbish.

parsi wrote: »
    I' disappointed with it. Texts seem to go missing or are delivered late (last few weeks) . Voice calls only work if we're both on our home wifi otherwise quality is rubbish.

Hmm... Basically, there could be slight, temporary glitches in our servers, but as a whole we haven't encountered a wide problem such as yours.
    Please try removing Viber from both devices, and reinstalling the latest version.

If it still doesn't work smoothly, please contact our support team at http://support.viber.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

So with Viber, is uses both party's data allowance? So if the person you're ringing is using 3g on PAYG, it'll cost them money to receive the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

yep, uses both parties data allowance. Unless using wifi

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    So with Viber, is uses both party's data allowance? So if the person you're ringing is using 3g on PAYG, it'll cost them money to receive the call?

If you activate any application that uses the internet (or Safari, for that matter), and connected to the internet via 3G, it will use your 3G data.
    Viber is not different - it will use 3G data, and if the contract you signed with your cellular company says you pay-as-you-go for 3G data, then you will pay them for using Viber (or Safari, or Facebook, etc.)

If you use WiFi (no matter what the other party is using) - you will not pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks guys.

I'm just thinking of the missus. I've a data plan, and she has a normal PAYG contract. Don't think Viber will be a goer for us, as for her to answer me, it'd cost her credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

So far Ive been using it for about a week and I was amazed how good the quality was. Ive used it on both 3g and wifi and didnt find much difference. The quality of your call depends on how good your internet connection is!

Still having the same problems

I opened the ports you listed above, turned off firewall, still the same

always says "signal poor" even though i get 17mbps speed test

skype works fine

Any more ideas?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Have the problems been fixed now in 2.0.2, or are you still having connection troubles?

Still having the same problems, over 2 different wifi networks from my house (eircom & vodafone), over 1 from herself's (wirelessconnect, a satelite/dish BB provider) & both still over 3g.

i have an iphone 4, ios 4.3.1, not sure about hers. Im using a linksys WAG120N primarily, no problems with texts over wifi or 3g

Hmm...

@foxerv1 and @Rock Paper Scissors

1. Please try using Viber on totally different WiFi networks (on both sides!). I'd like to pinpoint the source of the problem and see if it is the router that is causing this issue (as suspected).

2. If it still doesn't work, please contact me via a private message here on Boards, we'll try to investigate the issue further.

Regards,
    Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Hi all, i downloaded viber today, seems good so far.

My question is if i go abroad, obviously i will be disabling data roaming which means viber is out action, but if i open the viber app and call somebody who doesnt have viber is this just charged at the usual expensive roaming rate, using no internet data?

If anybody knows much about this app please let me know

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

You can't call anyone who doesn't have Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ah right! So i use normal phone app for people without?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Unless you have free wifi or a data bundle it's pointless using Viber. It won't work.

Advertisement