Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

She's dyed her hair, no body gets recognised in tv land once they've dyed your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That makes no sense. The Lannisters organised fake Arya (didn't they?) so it's part of their plot, nothing to do with Sansa and Littlefinger (so far as we know) to change that would be a serious deviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Isn't she going to be married to Harry the Heir in the books, before having her true identity revealed by Littlefinger.

Yes but she is less recognisable in the Eerie than she is in the north/south. I reckon Littlefinger will wait until the Lannisters have fallen before revealing Sansa/Alayne on a wider scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

In the books fArya was needed to give Ramsey legitimacy in the north

The show doesn't need such detail, reckon Jeyno poole just be written out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They can just use any girl and call her Arya. It doesn't need to be someone we've seen before.

• Advertisement

But it also acts as a catalyst for Jon deciding to march South and we all know what that leads to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I haven't seen the trailers but have noticed a few people mentioning Varys replacing Mopatis. Is this confirmed, would have liked to see Roger Allam again as thought he was good as IllyrioM in his few Season 1 episodes.

And a new Varys/Mopatis scene could have been quite useful for us book readers who'd like to know which of their various plots is actually Plan A.
    (not withstanding that (f)Aegon may not even be in this season).

I haven't seen the trailers but have noticed a few people mentioning Varys replacing Mopatis. Is this confirmed, would have liked to see Roger Allam again as thought he was good as IllyrioM in his few Season 1 episodes.

And a new Varys/Mopatis scene could have been quite useful for us book readers who'd like to know which of their various plots is actually Plan A.

Would non-book readers even remember who Illyrio is? I'd love to see him back as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

They have filmed scenes with Varys and Tyrion at Illyrio's mansion* but it's not clear if Illyrio will be there as well.

Roger Allam wasn't spotted on set in Croatia but interior shots would be done in Belfast anyway.

Since they're at his house he will likely get a mention even if he's not seen.

*It's not the actual location used in Season 1 as that was in Malta but they've found a very similar house in Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I wonder will Tyrion find himself in slavery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I'm just finished the chapter where Daenarys accepts war with Xaro in ADWD.

Anyway I'm majorly pissed over the apparent passover of the Greyjoys/Davos and Mandery in Season 5. Nothing bored me more than the Sand snakes and Arya's storyline.

Hope D&W don't start off on some unfaithful tangent to the books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

yeah

yeah

Funny that, I just finished reading that chapter a couple of nights ago where Tyrion is on the Rhoyne with the Griffs. I thought GRRM made out that image Tyrion had of a dragon shadow in the fog, was just his imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

What do you think will happen Jon? Dead or alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Funny that, I just finished reading that chapter a couple of nights ago where Tyrion is on the Rhoyne with the Griffs. I thought GRRM made out that image Tyrion had of a dragon shadow in the fog, was just his imagination

Still could be. The picture could be Tyrion hallucinating the dragon. Very cool poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

What do you think will happen Jon? Dead or alive?

Well GRRM did say that characters will die in season 5 who haven't died in the books and technically Jon didn't die in the book (it's heavily implied but we don't see the aftermath of his stabbing) so this could be George's cryptic way of saying we might see the result of that event.

Saying that, Jon has a lot of story to get through before that happens. Unless they skip Sam canvassing (for want of a better word) and have Jon elected Lord Commander early on I can't see him being offed this season.

As long as we get "Edd, fetch the block" I'll be one happy chappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

GerB40 wrote: »

One of the best quotes/moments in the books. You finally feel a sense of justice for the Starks regardless of how small

GerB40 wrote: »
    Well GRRM did say that characters will die in season 5 who haven't died in the books and technically Jon didn't die in the book (it's heavily implied but we don't see the aftermath of his stabbing) so this could be George's cryptic way of saying we might see the result of that event.

Saying that, Jon has a lot of story to get through before that happens. Unless they skip Sam canvassing (for want of a better word) and have Jon elected Lord Commander early on I can't see him being offed this season.

David Benioff & D. B. Weiss are lucky that the TV show looks set to finish before the books. Can you imagine if they killed off Jon this season and he turns out to be this world saving Azor Ahai by the end of ADOS ?

David Benioff & D. B. Weiss are lucky that the TV show looks set to finish before the books. Can you imagine if they killed off Jon this season and he turns out to be this world saving Azor Ahai by the end of ADOS ?

They've already laid the seeds for Jon being brought back to Life in the TV show with them having Melisandre meet up with Thoros and Beric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Mormegil wrote: »
    They've already laid the seeds for Jon being brought back to Life in the TV show with them having Melisandre meet up with Thoros and Beric.

Does he need to be "brought back to life" though? Cant he warg into his direwolf and then warg back into a convenient body at a later point?

Thoros raising the dead brings them back zombie like (admittedly Beric didnt look too zombie-ish in the tv show).

• Advertisement

I suppose you are only zombie like if that's the way you died. Catelyn had her throat slit and was left rot in the river before coming back hence why she came back so deformed or zombie like.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I suppose you are only zombie like if that's the way you died. Catelyn had her throat slit and was left rot in the river before coming back hence why she came back so deformed or zombie like.

Beric still has all his death injuries too doesnt he?

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Does he need to be "brought back to life" though? Cant he warg into his direwolf and then warg back into a convenient body at a later point?

Thoros raising the dead brings them back zombie like (admittedly Beric didnt look too zombie-ish in the tv show).

The first time Beric was brought back he would have been almost like his original self. Each time he was brought back he lost a bit more of himself.

Cat was dead and in the river for three days when she was brought back which was wy she was in a worst state than Beric who was brought back relatively quickly each time.

My guess for Jon in the books is that he's killed, wargs into Ghost, his body is stored in the Ice caves under the wall (GRRM makes mention of them a few times) so it doesn't decay and then Mel brings him back some point later.

The fact he has warged into Ghost means he doesn't lose his mind/memories like Cat and Beric did and if the body is kept on Ice it won't be as decayed as theirs were.

In the show I can see them doing something similar but might just have Mel bring Jon back relatively quickly now she knows it's possible.

The fact he has warged into Ghost means he doesn't lose his mind/memories like Cat and Beric did and if the body is kept on Ice it won't be as decayed as theirs were.

Did Beric lose his mind/memories?

Yes, good theory on the ice caves.

What happens to Ghosts consciousness then? Does it come back when Jon wargs back out of him or does it die after a period of time of Jon being in control of the physical body?

I agree they could just use Melisandre to give him a quickie resurrection. Itd be the easiest for tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Did Beric lose his mind/memories?

I know. Every time I come back... I'm a bit less. Pieces of you get chipped away

The Lightning Lord
    Season 3 Ep 5

Anybody know where this season will actually end? Is it 100% that it will go right up to the end of ADWD and into the next books?

Could Jon Snow getting stabbed be the season finale like the red wedding, meaning we will have to wait till next season to see what happens there? Danaerys heading off on Drogon also. They would need to make up a lot of new storyline for the wall if so or it will be very boring.

Next season then potentially bring in the iron born (Crows Eye, Victorian etc..), back to Brans story, and some more kings landing. Then tie it all together for a last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My guess for Jon in the books is that he's killed, wargs into Ghost, his body is stored in the Ice caves under the wall (GRRM makes mention of them a few times) so it doesn't decay and then Mel brings him back some point later.

In the show I can see them doing something similar but might just have Mel bring Jon back relatively quickly now she knows it's possible.
    This is exactly what I'm expecting in the books. What other justification is there for the prelogue of ADWD if not to set the seeds for Jon warging into Ghost as he's being stabbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The first time Beric was brought back he would have been almost like his original self. Each time he was brought back he lost a bit more of himself.

Cat was dead and in the river for three days when she was brought back which was wy she was in a worst state than Beric who was brought back relatively quickly each time.

If that does happen, the episode will start with "previously on Game of Thrones" and show Melisandre talking to the brotherhood from season 3 (particularly Beric). The Internet will explode with LADY STONEHEART, HOLY FÚCK LADY STONEHEART IS IN THE SHOW, THERE'S PROOF RIGHT THERE!!! OMG OMG. George Martin will sit back and watch peoples hopes and dreams dashed against a wall when she doesn't appear at all. The culminitive heartbreak of this will inspire George to finish the books and, in turn, break our hearts further. This is how he works, there are no coincidences...

Jofspring wrote: »
    Anybody know where this season will actually end? Is it 100% that it will go right up to the end of ADWD and into the next books?

Could Jon Snow getting stabbed be the season finale like the red wedding, meaning we will have to wait till next season to see what happens there? Danaerys heading off on Drogon also. They would need to make up a lot of new storyline for the wall if so or it will be very boring.

Next season then potentially bring in the iron born (Crows Eye, Victorian etc..), back to Brans story, and some more kings landing. Then tie it all together for a last season.

From what's been filmed it's very likely Dany's storyline
    will end with her flying off on Drogon (possibly meeting up with the Dothraki but more likely I think just leaving Meereen).

Jon dying could happen though his story has been changed somewhat by
    having him lead the rescue attempt to Hardhome instead of Cotter Pyke. Some people claim his death takes place there.

Not sure if we will get any more Iron Born, if we do it will probably just be the Crow's Eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I have a feeling that the second last scene will be Jon getting stabbed by the Nights Watch.

And the last scene will be Lady Stoneheart taking revenge for the Red Wedding,

So viewers will be pretty dumbstruck by another main hero being killed off. And then the possibility of resurrection presents itself......

Advertisement