Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Wed 1st December
    Rest day today so just did 45 mins on an exercise bike, Thinking of running in and out of work tomorow as looking at conditions it maybe quicker then driving. Will decided in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    It's an absolute nightmare of an invention!

Cool, hopefully i'll get to a park at the weekend. It won't be before then with the weather and having to work during daylight hours. Tear.

Head torch allows you to run any time you want. Where do you live? The paths along the Grand canal are also perfect for running along and they are well lit.

Thursday 2nd December
    Called it a day after 3 miles today, was upto my shins in snow at one point so just jogged back to the car. Time to get to the gym now for some running and will try to make it to the beach if possible over the weekend to get a long run done. The looks I got when coming back to the office made it worth while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Thursday 2nd December
    Called it a day after 3 miles today, was upto my shins in snow at one point so just jogged back to the car. Time to get to the gym now for some running and will try to make it to the beach if possible over the weekend to get a long run done. The looks I got when coming back to the office made it worth while.

actually glad I hit the gym instead. I walked there and back and snow was up to my knee on a couple of occasions.

actually glad I hit the gym instead. I walked there and back and snow was up to my knee on a couple of occasions.
    Yep far better off going gym later today , was actully fun out but no good for running at all. The next week is looking bad.... :(

• Advertisement

Yep far better off going gym later today , was actully fun out but no good for running at all. The next week is looking bad.... :(

watreford half might be in trouble !

watreford half might be in trouble !

Think I'll decide next Wed/Thursday don't fancy ice skating around a half marathon,

Friday 3rd Dec
    Spend 2 hours digging snow and ice toaday after work and was wrecked after it, didn't manage to get to the gym for a run. Really needed 1 more long run but not going to do it in the gym, would rather run a slower half marathon then end up injured. If weather is still like this next week I might not even run, Could HTFU but would rather stay injury free and live to race another day.

Friday 3rd Dec
    Spend 2 hours digging snow and ice toaday after work and was wrecked after it, didn't manage to get to the gym for a run. Really needed 1 more long run but not going to do it in the gym, would rather run a slower half marathon then end up injured. If weather is still like this next week I might not even run, Could HTFU but would rather stay injury free and live to race another day.

are you coming to the park in the morning shels?

menoscemo wrote: »
    are you coming to the park in the morning shels?
    will decide in the morning, so going to leave it until late to decide, if there is a change sunday will be better might leave the long run until then.

• Advertisement

will decide in the morning, so going to leave it until late to decide, if there is a change sunday will be better might leave the long run until then.

No chance of us going ou on sunday morning ;)

Sat 4th December
    1 hour easy on t-mill

Sunday 5th December

70 mins easy on the t-mill again, was thinking of doing a long on today, but decided not as didnt want to rick injury doing something new.

Monday 6th Deember
    40 mins easy on the Threadmill, kept the pace really slow today as the legs were feeling a bit tired after yesterday, Hope to get a session in tomororw but not sure what conditions will be like on the track, so might have to run early in the day.

Sitting here looking out the window at poxy snow again, think i've almost died a bit inside at the site of it. Wonder how well cross country skis workin in this weather.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

At this stage, I'm losing a little bit of my soul with every snow flake that falls!!

Sitting here looking out the window at poxy snow again, think i've almost died a bit inside at the site of it. Wonder how well cross country skis workin in this weather.....

I swear to god. I was on the treadmill today watching cross country skiing of the telly and I'm thinking of asking Santa for a pair of skis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    I swear to god. I was on the treadmill today watching cross country skiing of the telly and I'm thinking of asking Santa for a pair of skis
    :D:D

Tuesday 7th Sept
    45 mins on the Threadmill with 4X1k at what I hope would be half marathon pace, felt wat too fast but turned out I did my min/miles to Km conversion wrong so I was running way too fast (thank god).

Wed 8th December
    Wasnt able to arrange a run today, only option would have been lunch and the roads/park are off limits at the momet. So the plan of doing some sort of run ever day until sat is out the window.

Doesn't look like the 1/2 marathon will happen, funny thing is its the first race that i've trained for and managed to get to the start line injury free in more then a year and it may still not happen :(

Plan B will be Bhaa race on Sunday but that might not happen either , Plan C is.....

...hanging up the runners and hitting the booze until January!!

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, that's mine! :rolleyes:

claralara wrote: »
    ...hanging up the runners and hitting the booze until January!!
    Don't need christmas to hit the booze ;) but the company christmas party is on for Friday so i'll go, maybe on the beer sat too (maybe). But back to training after that. Christmas time i'll have more free time for running with less work :) Though the half was going to be on the 18th but the 15th of Jan looks good to me, might just need to set a harder target with the extra 4-5 weeks training. :)

Decided to take a couple of days off, have had a good couple of months training and will get back into it again either tomorrow or Sat. Will come up with some master plan now to take me upto Ranehy 5 at the end of Jan and maybe the Waterford Half mathon again. It will be help in keep the long runs up.

Sunday 12th December.
    5 Easy miles to get back into it after a hard few days. Christmas party on Friday was a bit ott and some dance floor related pain in the legs today. Nothing too bad . Was nice to get outdoors again. Give me mud anyday over snow/ice.

Monday 13th December
    5 handy miles , felt like crap again today, but was great to be out .

Tuesday 14th
    Back up for a session tonight was planning an easy session but just didnt happen. Once I arrived a bit early and started to warm up I found out that there was a mile race. So decided that if I got around in 6:30 i'd be really happy.

Started off fairly fast and felt far too good, moved up through the filed and just went infront of the first women, After 800m I was still feeling good 3:06 and pushed on a little but totally fell apart, the last 600m was horrible bad stomach cramps and actually though I was going to crap myslef at one point. Finished at a jog for 6:30.

There is a far faster mile in the legs now, but the diet and beer over the weekend didnt make for good race prep.

Target for the Goal mile is sub 6:15 if I run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Some short races in the new year and an opportunity to put that 1 mile to bed in Feb.
    http://www.alsaa.ie/athletics-club-track-race0.html

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Some short races in the new year and an opportunity to put that 1 mile to bed in Feb.
    http://www.alsaa.ie/athletics-club-track-race0.html

Thanks, I really need to get over to these races :)

Wed 15 December
    Rest day

Thursday 16h December

5 miles handy,

Well thats the end to 2010 plan is just to forget about this year as my planned progression turned to regression, times went the wrong way for the first half of the year mostly due to injury. Finially started to get some propper running in Q4 but without a propper race.

Will run a 5k this weekend and maybe a mile christmas day but just using them to get myself out the door.

Plan for next year is to lower my 2 mile pb ias early as possible thats 12:30 ish from 2009 so I think its about 4-6 weeks away.

So 2011 targets

800m sub 2:45
    3k 29 seconds slower then beepbeep67 ;)
    2 mile Sub 12.
    5k sub 20
    5 mile sub 34
    10k 42 ish
    Half marathon 1:3X

May not run all these distances over the year but the focus is going to be on the shorter races for the first half of the year and after july maybe going a little longer.

So goodbye 2010 ....

• Advertisement

Best of luck in 2011, you deserve a good year! :)

Advertisement