Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Chickens only have to have "access" to free space to be classes as free range. There can be 10,000 chickens in a chicken house and if there is a 2 square foot opening to an outdoor area all 10,000 chickens are classed as free range even if they never get of their arses. Beware of the labeling and the standards behind it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Daz 90 Wash powder 12.99 Euro at N17 in Terryland.
    Unbeatable price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Unbeatable price.

Persil 70 wash was €4.29 in Tesco all last week
    So, it is beatable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Swiped from Bargain Alerts in case some of you didn't see it there.

From Iarnrod Eireann website : http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=931
    General News
    Free Seats Dublin Galway by Marketing Department

Iarnród Éireann is piloting a new online fares system on the Dublin Galway route. Customers can avail of Free Seats* if they book in advance on www.irishrail.ie or by calling 1850 366 222 (for calls outside the republic of Ireland - 00 353 1 8366222) between 08.30-18.00 Monday to Friday & Saturday 09.00 - 18.00.

In addition, there will now be a greater availability of other discounted fares, including €10 each way, on Galway route services.

*Small Print:

Free and discounted fares are subject to limited availability.
    Free seats are not available on the day of travel.
    Bookings can only be made up to 28 days in advance.
    All web bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
    Offer excludes €2 transaction fee.
    €1 credit card fee per transaction.
    No fee for Debit/Laser cards.
    Subject to the success of this pilot, Iarnród Éireann will examine extending the system to other routes.

So what are you waiting for book now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

l LARGE bottle of vodka 19.99 in Joyces - nice one for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Also posted in BA but might be of interest to someone here - 2-in-1 Duracell Portable USB Charger for €3.95 in Tesco. should be more than €60.
    portable charger for usb electronics. might be handy for someone going abroad and not wanting to get an adaptor just for an mp3 player.

still a couple left in Tesco Headford Road when i was there yesterday. picked up 2 of them, just couldn't resist the bargain :D

EDIT: you have to ask at the counter for them. they're displayed to the left behind the counter beside the books.
    took me a while to see it though

http://omg.wthax.org/Duracell_2_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I wonder where the cheapest retailer for FM11 is? Weather isn't the best for running around comparing prices!

What's an FM11?

btw guys, much excitement..
    On Monday next, Tesco will be opened in Oranmore with 110 workers and a Tesco Express in Newcastle in the city will create 15 jobs.
    If anyone hears they have opening offers, share the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Unbeatable price.

I just go to Lidl for that stuff. Can't remember the size but it's fair big and only about a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I wonder where the cheapest retailer for FM11 is? Weather isn't the best for running around comparing prices!

I think HMV have it for 39.99

EDIT: Actually it's only 31.99 on www.greenmangaming.com :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

The garage on the Ballybrit dualer are giving a coffee or tea with every car wash for €6.

Bananas only 75c/kg in Lidl this week,
    Clementines 750g, Melon, Pineapple, Carrots 1kg 45c each in Dunnes

If anyone knows where I can buy Milk for around 50c a litre, post it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

haven't seen any milk for 50c/litre, but i remember something in Bargain Alerts about Linwoods brand being €1 for 2L in shops like Londis or Centra a while ago. not sure if it's still that price, but worth a check anyway.

other than that, i'd say the cheapest milk is Dunnes/Tesco brand at €1.49 for 2Litres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

snubbleste wrote: »
    Bananas only 75c/kg in Lidl this week,
    Clementines 750g, Melon, Pineapple, Carrots 1kg 45c each in Dunnes

staff in dunnes briarhill told me this evening that the melons no longer on the offer.duno do i believe him tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bit of a cartel re milk in Galway. 1.49 everywhere. In Dublin it can be got for 99cent in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bit of a cartel re milk in Galway. 1.49 everywhere. In Dublin it can be got for 99cent in some places.

Spar ( I think) in Claregalway do 2 litre of milk and a sliced pan for 1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

10 bals of bord na mona briquettes for 32.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Soap N Glory big Box in Boots Galway for €30!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Dinner, particularly takeaways, any offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Do those ibuy vouchers still work? All seem out of date...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A lot of them expired two days ago "Voucher Expiry Date: Jan 31st 2011"
    Hopefully they'll update soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

DriverMad wrote: »
    10 bals of bord na mona briquettes for 32.50

30 in woodies

Dunno if people use www.pigsback.com megadeals, this week they have:
      €77 instead of €160 for a night away at the 4 Star Menlo Park Hotel, Galway, double room B&B and bottle of wine on arrival. €15 for €30 of food and drink at The Galleon Restaurant, Salthill €15 instead of €30 for an indoor circuit of 10 sports for 2 people at Pure Skill, Galway

Also 39c for 6 eggs at Terryland Fruit&Veg this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

Hi Everyone,

There is a viral campaign at the mo for B&Q Galway which gives you 15% Off Everything at B&Q Galway This Wknd and all you need to do is print off this Voucher:

https://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/storevouchers/voucher.jsp?rid=44&icamp=redeem44

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Half Price on all Services every Wednesday at Koztello Salons for Students.

Also with regard to hair and beauty fringe benefits in Doughiska do a different deal every day of the month www.fringebenefits.ie

Forster Stores off Forster Street just up from Bella Roma do a range of excellent offers every week on alcohol.

This website http://www.smartsearch.ie/ does a range of daily deals for Galway like citydeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

B&Q have vouchers in store for 20% discount off everything excluding installation, delivery, and installed garden buildings.

You probably need to get the voucher in advance - I have a couple of spare vouchers if you can't get them there. It's for Thurs 7th April from 7pm - 9pm.

Very handy for anyone doing up a kitchen as it's on top of their existing 25% discount on all kitchen cabinets.

Edit: This offer is for B&Q Galway only

Is it 20% off gift vouchers as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Is it 20% off gift vouchers as well?

No - I rang the guy I was dealing with there. It doesn't cover buying gift vouchers on the evening, but if you already have a voucher you can get the discount off everything you buy at that time with the voucher.

Good question though :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm annoyed now as I availed of the 15% discount at the weekend!

Just a tiny bargain but as milk was mentioned a few months ago: The 3litre thingys of milk in Tesco are now 1.99 which I think is the cheapest milk has been in Galway for a long time.

• Advertisement

Just a tiny bargain but as milk was mentioned a few months ago: The 3litre thingys of milk in Tesco are now 1.99 which I think is the cheapest milk has been in Galway for a long time.

Those were €2 in Dunnes a number of times, last being a few weeks back.

I must have missed your post about that!

Yes indeed if I had posted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

4pk of coke or diet coke €2.49 but 1 get 1 free in joyces

Strictly speaking not in town, but Tesco Oranmore have €10 off a €40 spend this weekend. Includes alcohol and not limited to one per customer.
    Coupon on page 25 of todays Advertiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Strictly speaking not in town, but Tesco Oranmore have €10 off a €40 spend this weekend. Includes alcohol and not limited to one per customer.
    Coupon on page 25 of todays Advertiser

Yip, apparently Tesco Oranmore not doing as well as they hoped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

alibabba wrote: »
    Yip, apparently Tesco Oranmore not doing as well as they hoped

Tough enough when a majority of Oranmore residents still prefer Supervalu, as they've always shopped there, know the people, feel at home, yadda yadda... and Lidl being a stones throw away and daaaaaamn cheap to boot.

I'm still on the fence about TescOranmore, it's nice and all but too big and awkwardly laid out...

*grumble grumble grumble... damn kids loud music*

If people here use livingsocial.com
    Today they have €20 voucher for €10 at McCambridges on Shop Street. To be spent on deli produce and alcohol.
    http://livingsocial.com/deals/43336

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Today they have €20 voucher for €10 at McCambridges on Shop Street. To be spent on deli produce and alcohol.
    Do they sell Dutch Gold?

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Do they sell Dutch Gold?

Is that a coffee brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Is that a coffee brand?
    No its a beer

I was :cool:, dunno if they do or not. McCambridges might be a bit upmarket for such a common product. www.mccambridges.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

When do you get the voucher, do you know??

When do you get the voucher, do you know??

It says the next business day.
    http://livingsocial.com/deals/how_it_works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

cool
    :D

• Advertisement

Livingsocial have another deal today that I think is good value.

Greyhound Racing Admission to Galway Greyhound Track to include Programme, Bottle of Beer, Gourmet Steak Burger and French Fries for €10
    Valid until end of November
    http://livingsocial.com/deals/40980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Unsure as to whether to put this here or in bargain alerts but prob will more people interested in it here

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=6302,6302,VOVMD

Pay €9.50 and get entry into Karma on a saturday night - valid up to aug 27th, a cloakroom ticket and two drinks vouchers worth €7 each. Worth snapping up if you have any intention of heading to karma on a sat night between now and the end of august. According to the deal info, you save about €16, according to my workings thats about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Howdie - Mill House Restaurant (ex Mustard) is doing 2for1 main courses,dinner menu on Weds at the moment. Not sure how long this offer stands for though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

free bottle of wine in o'learys in salthill with €30 worth of purchases altough this excludes phone top ups,payzone services and cigarettes.wine is valued at €5 and i had the white and it was grand.not sure how long promo runs.think cigs,payzone,phone excluded due to there not being much profit on these items.

• Advertisement
Advertisement