Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl Bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Indeed spurious wiper blades can be hit and miss.

I've replaced wiper blades twice on my old Yaris. Both times I got Bosch wipers and they began screeching again after about 2 week of use :mad:

The only good thing was that they still cleared the windscreen nicely, but the annoying screech was... well annoying.

I have OEM Ford wiperblades on the Focus now. Not sure if they're fitted from factory or if previous owner replaced them with OEM wipers but the car was regularly serviced at a Ford dealership before me. They work really well and there isn't a sound from them :rolleyes:

Won't be buying non-OEM wiper blade again. Same goes for brake pads. Absolutely horrible brake squeal from cheap pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

+1. Tried a non Ford wiper on the back of the focus before, one was too big, the other was too small, both of which stuck up at the end, thus not doing a clean sweep, as you say. The OE one fit's perfect, just about 10mm or so off the top of the window when sweeping.

The wear indicator is something that I haven't seen on any other spurious wipers, so Ford have some input on the make of the wiper somewhere along the way.

I'm sure people would have copped on by now if Ford were just rebranding generic wipers and charging a premium price for them.
    Ford don't rebrand generic wipers. The company that makes them also sell to the aftermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Ford don't rebrand generic wipers. The company that makes them also sell to the aftermarket.

But that doesn't automatically mean that the aftermarket parts are as good as the genuine part.

What company makes ford wipers?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

The Lidl trolley jack I have is a bit leaky too, you can visibly see the car going down slowly. Had it years now mind.

My one packed in as well after very limited use, I was surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Never,ever,leave a hydraulic jack on its own,always, always, use jack stands,,,,,kid,animal,could go under,,

I went back in to get the axle stands. The wheel was still on anyway as i didn't need to take it off for what i was doing.

I normally use axle stands and leave the jack in place aswell as having a spare wheel under the axle.

• Advertisement

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I went back in to get the axle stands. The wheel was still on anyway as i didn't need to take it off for what i was doing.

I normally use axle stands and leave the jack in place aswell as having a spare wheel under the axle.

Same as myself then. I usually lower the car onto the jack and then raise the jack just enough so it's touching the underside of the car.

Then I know if the axle stand fails, the jack will hold it and vice versa.

If you're that paranoid the Lidl axle stands come in a pair so use both if only working on one wheel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Did you return? Apparently if you keep the receipt they are pretty good at refunds etc.. I only intend using it twice a year to swap on and off winter wheels so should do the job

Did you return? Apparently if you keep the receipt they are pretty good at refunds etc.. I only intend using it twice a year to swap on and off winter wheels so should do the job

Like I said, use it just like it says in the instructions and it will do the job.

When you want to lower the car don't undo the release bolt and drop the car down. Undo it a tiny amount and the car will go slowly down.

I'm not surprised people are getting leaks if they abuse the jack...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

5W30 wrote: »
    Like I said, use it just like it says in the instructions and it will do the job.

When you want to lower the car don't undo the release bolt and drop the car down. Undo it a tiny amount and the car will go slowly down.

I have 2 of them. Both got the same treatment . One leaks . The other doesnt. They have slight differences fro. Each other like the screw for letting it down is different on each one

9935452 wrote: »
    I have 2 of them. Both got the same treatment . One leaks . The other doesnt. They have slight differences fro. Each other like the screw for letting it down is different on each one

I wonder if they're made by different manufacturers? The 2 tonne jacks are quite similar looking no matter what brand you get. That might influence the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think a lot of people just dont get tht you only have to barely open the release screw a mere crack to let the car down and then close it tight again when the jack is down.

I bought a lidl one around 5 years ago and it's seen an awful lot if work and it's still spot on. Lent a similar one to the lidl one to a neighbour one time, he gave it back saying a seal had went. He completely unscrewed the release screw a couple of turns and let all the oil out. A bad workman always blames his tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

5W30 wrote: »

Food advice for me anyway, tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone know which size wipers for mondeo mk4?, only saw ones with mondeo II listed on back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

mad m wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with the Bluetooth phone kit for 14.99?

I bought one, but havent used it..as yet...

blackbox wrote: »
    Got one in Lidl on Nangor Road Clondalkin. They had loads this morning.

9 left at lidl,carrigaline, co Cork tonight

Hi guys just going using the lidl jack and unboxing.. What's the smaller adapter for with the jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

adaptor just gives more height

colm_mcm wrote: »

Works a treat, used it last month, great deal

Not Lidl, but I noticed in Aldi they had a 7 inch flip out multimedia radio yoke with bluetooth for €120 or so.
    usually I despise these things, but they might appeal to somebody.

Thanks changed over to my winter wheels today.. Jack worked a charm.
    Much handier than using car supplied wind up yoke.. That's all I'll ever use the jack for and it's probably already paid for itself as would have had to get a garage to swap them for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Not Lidl, but I noticed in Aldi they had a 7 inch flip out multimedia radio yoke with bluetooth for €120 or so.
    usually I despise these things, but they might appeal to somebody.

Did they stock them with the dash cam recently? Or do they always stock like how they stock fruit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

I wouldnt put that radio into an old tractor. ^

That looks decent, although it would look so out of place in a plan old Yaris. Having said that, the oem tape deck sucks arse, all I can listen to is my mothers Daniel o donnell tape collection.. A catch 22.

What's wrong with it? There is not many of them with that spec for that price...

It'd probably hit off the roof lining when it opens alright. Good to know for the tractor drivers on here looking for a new radio.

job seeker wrote: »
    What's wrong with it? There is not many of them with that spec for that price...

Its outdated looking and spec are you serious?

The one good thing about it, that most of those flip-out yokes don't have, is that it seems to function as a normal radio etc without having to have the screen out. ie there is a smaller screen and buttons and stuff separate to the bigger screen

Loads of these radios have buttons and seperate small screen :confused:

• Advertisement

I will admit that I'm probably a bit behind the times with these yokes

Advertisement