Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl Bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

The Lidl trolley jack I have is a bit leaky too, you can visibly see the car going down slowly. Had it years now mind.

No idea how you're having these problems. I use mine quite a lot but I do look after it, lowering it very slowly, etc.

Could be a bad batch or just bad quality control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭corks finest

From my experience, never got lidl/aldi wipers to fit my last car,tried two different sets,as on the back of pack,no joy

Picked wipers for my insight ,,,and joy,they fit,,first time I got lidl/aldi wipers to fit,,half price compared to any other ones I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wipers are good, Picked up a set today as mine were getting smeary.
    Fitted no hassle at all, I had the traditional style before with the spoiler also Lidl as well for the last while they seem to be easily as durable as the brand name stuff like Valeo, Bosch etc.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Wipers are good, Picked up a set today as mine were getting smeary.
    Fitted no hassle at all, I had the traditional style before with the spoiler also Lidl as well for the last while they seem to be easily as durable as the brand name stuff like Valeo, Bosch etc.

Kicking myself, bought one 26 inch wiper for my car last wk,halfords think it was double what I paid for at lidl this morning,,,, spare one now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did anyone ever use one of those quick puncture repair aerosols?
    If they work they'd be very handy for a puncture on the motorway or on a dark night.

• Advertisement

If they work they'd be very handy for a puncture on the motorway or on a dark night.

Yes,motorbike, small hole,no sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭blackbox

Trolley jacks seem to be sold out everywhere. They must only have got a handful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

I came across a guy on big motor bike with front tyre flat. It worked much better than I thought
    Now need to buy another to replace the one I gave him.

blackbox wrote: »
    Trolley jacks seem to be sold out everywhere. They must only have got a handful.

At least 40/50 in carrigaline lidl yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

5W30 wrote: »
    No idea how you're having these problems. I use mine quite a lot but I do look after it, lowering it very slowly, etc.

Could be a bad batch or just bad quality control :)

I have 2 of them , one works perfect , the other doesnt .
    Out of interest they both have 2 different handles too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Was going to buy the trolley jack but might just invest in a more professional one.
    I bought a draper one in halfords a few years ago and the wheel came off.
    After i fixed that i jacked the car up and and went into house and came out about half a minute later and the car was on the ground.
    Topped the fluid up but still the same and no obvious signs of a leak.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Was going to buy the trolley jack but might just invest in a more professional one.
    I bought a draper one in halfords a few years ago and the wheel came off.
    After i fixed that i jacked the car up and and went into house and came out about half a minute later and the car was on the ground.
    Topped the fluid up but still the same and no obvious signs of a leak.
    Put it in the scrap bin before something bad happens.

Never,ever,leave a hydraulic jack on its own,always, always, use jack stands,,,,,kid,animal,could go under,,

Never,ever,leave a hydraulic jack on its own,always, always, use jack stands,,,,,kid,animal,could go under,,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

When I take off a wheel I always slide it under the sill. I use axle stands too. Can't be too careful.

stimpson wrote: »
    When I take off a wheel I always slide it under the sill. I use axle stands too. Can't be too careful.

Bang on,,,,too dodgy otherwise

You're preaching to the converted but the point is a jack that fails can go anytime, even while jacking and before or during you putting axle stands in place.
    A bad jack is a bad jack and should be broken up and disposed of so it cannot be salvaged and reused by some other person,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭blackbox

blackbox wrote: »

Got one in Lidl on Nangor Road Clondalkin. They had loads this morning.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

You're preaching to the converted but the point is a jack that fails can go anytime, even while jacking and before or during you putting axle stands in place.
    A bad jack is a bad jack and should be broken up and disposed of so it cannot be salvaged and reused by some other person,

Very true, I'd always run a bead of weld along the thread of the jack to make sure it's useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

It doesn't appear to be on it, it would be 4 if it was.

Wipers are one thing I can't and won't do cheap. They last no length of time compared to oem ones. You can pick up a set of mk4 mondeo wipers for circa 40 euro off Ford. Worth every penny!

If you want OE quality you can buy the same blades in a factors for about 1/2 the cost of going to a dealer.
    It's crazy buying wipers from dealers.

The Aldi ones i bought about 2 years are of comparable quality and still going strong. Only problem was having to buy 2 blades the same length where i needed 2 different lengths. At least I have a set of spares now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Fuzzy Clam wrote:
    If you want OE quality you can buy the same blades in a factors for about 1/2 the cost of going to a dealer. It's crazy buying wipers from dealers.

Na, don't agree with you there, I've flipped both sides of the coin, and paying that bit extra for quality oem wipers is always worth it. I get 2 years out of oe ones, compared to a year, if even, for spurious ones. They start hopping, screeching, leaving smears etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Was in Lidl yesterday. Couldn't believe how small the axle stands were, don't think I'd feel too safe using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    If you want OE quality you can buy the same blades in a factors for about 1/2 the cost of going to a dealer.
    It's crazy buying wipers from dealers.

The Aldi ones i bought about 2 years are of comparable quality and still going strong. Only problem was having to buy 2 blades the same length where i needed 2 different lengths. At least I have a set of spares now.

Not sure about the flat blades but the conventional wipers from ford are excellent and last a very long time. They are more expensive but not massively so.

Na, don't agree with you there, I've flipped both sides of the coin, and paying that bit extra for quality oem wipers is always worth it. I get 2 years out of oe ones, compared to a year, if even, for spurious ones. They start hopping, screeching, leaving smears etc.

You can get oem wipers from a factors at half the cost of the dealers.
    The same make, just different packaging. Fact.
    Ford don't make wipers. They're probably made by Trico.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Not sure about the flat blades but the conventional wipers from ford are excellent and last a very long time. They are more expensive but not massively so.
    Theyre not made by Ford though. The same blades are available in factors.

Theyre not made by Ford though. The same blades are available in factors.

The ones with the wear indicator? Doubt it tbh. I've never seen them in any factors and i've had two focus's. What factors have them?

The ones with the wear indicator? Doubt it tbh. I've never seen them in any factors and i've had two focus's. What factors have them?

I can't answer that specific question.
    The fact still is that you can get oem or oem quality blades without paying dealer prices.
    This is a bargains thread after all, albeit going slightly off topic.

I can't answer that specific question.
    The fact still is that you can get oem or oem quality blades without paying dealer prices.
    This is a bargains thread after all, albeit going slightly off topic.

Well if you can't answer the question then how can you claim that they can be got at a motorfactors?

Also if you value a back wiper and own a mk1 focus only the genuine ford blade will work properly. Anything else only wipes half of the window due to it's curvature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone any experience with the Bluetooth phone kit for 14.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Well if you can't answer the question then how can you claim that they can be got at a motorfactors?

Also if you value a back wiper and own a mk1 focus only the genuine ford blade will work properly. Anything else only wipes half of the window due to it's curvature.

+1. Tried a non Ford wiper on the back of the focus before, one was too big, the other was too small, both of which stuck up at the end, thus not doing a clean sweep, as you say. The OE one fit's perfect, just about 10mm or so off the top of the window when sweeping.

The wear indicator is something that I haven't seen on any other spurious wipers, so Ford have some input on the make of the wiper somewhere along the way.

I'm sure people would have copped on by now if Ford were just rebranding generic wipers and charging a premium price for them.

Advertisement