Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayonetta 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I wish I could justify buying a Wii U just to play this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:confused::confused::confused:

They're practically throwing the thing at you for free at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I feel the same about PS4, having to justify buying one just to play Infamous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm surprised they were not as risqué with their naming of the special editions as per last gens version.

'Double Entry Edition' for the twin pack maybe?

Only €40 on Amazon very tempting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,731 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Justify it with Bayonetta 2, Mario 3d World, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, the new Zelda, Nintendoland, Earthbound and the Devil's Third instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Those people that have played Bayonetta before, will you jump straight to 2 or play through 1 again beforehand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Those people that have played Bayonetta before, will you jump straight to 2 or play through 1 again beforehand?

Will probably check out the Wii U verdion of the first game before quickly moving onto the second.

First Print Edition is sold out on Game, still copies available on Nintendo's website.

Will probably check out the Wii U verdion of the first game before quickly moving onto the second.

First Print Edition is sold out on Game, still copies available on Nintendo's website.

And its gone! Great for Nintendo to sell all 15,300 copies of the First Print Edition within 48 hours of being on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

here in europe Bayonetta 2 is out in october but she coming out in halloween for europe, but
    super smash bros 3ds or Bayonetta 2 is that tough decisions are coming same month and they mites put with dlcs for every game i cant afford both

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    here in europe Bayonetta 2 is out in october but she coming out in halloween for europe, but
    super smash bros 3ds or Bayonetta 2 is that tough decisions are coming same month and they mites put with dlcs for every game i cant afford both

That decision is upto you, but if you want a disc copy of Bayonetta 1 for the Wii U it would probably be a good idea to pick up the Bayonetta 2 Special Edition sooner rather than later as Nintendo special editions tend to sell out quickly. Otherwise I would go with whichever game I want to play more.

I found the Smash Bros demo a bit weird having the jump and attack buttons reversed from normal convention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So is the first print the only version with Bayo1, or will there be DLC for the latecomers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's three editions:

Solus - Bayonetta 2 only.
    Special Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2
    First Print Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2, and fancy leatherbound book replica of in-game book. (Sold out everywhere already)

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's three editions:

Solus - Bayonetta 2 only.
    Special Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2
    First Print Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2, and fancy leatherbound book replica of in-game book. (Sold out everywhere already)

There are 15,300 copies of the First Print edition and they sold out in less than 48 hours.

Does the Bayonetta 1 port have Tag Climax co-op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Does the Bayonetta 1 port have Tag Climax co-op?
    There's been no mention of it so far anyway and, to be honest, I highly highly doubt it.

And Edge review has given Bayonetta 2 a
    ---10---

Looks like I'm getting a Wii U :pac:

Glad i stuck with getting it so now :)

with dlcs with game €60 for this wont be final payment

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    with dlcs with game €60 for this wont be final payment

Doubt it would be that high with dlc, Amazon are selling the game for €40.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,731 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's not like anybody is forcing anyone to buy DLC either. This is a complete game on its own, unlike some games that are released these days ;) DLC, if it does come, is a wholly optional extra. It's not something to factor into the purchasing price.

anyway with halloween and super smash bros 3ds in october i cant afford to get bayonette 2

I think I have discussed this many times before but here goes… First of all, we [Platinum Games] are developers and receive support from publishers by making games that they request or suggest.

As for Bayonetta, we developed the game after signing a deal with SEGA. Later it was decided to also develop the sequel, so we started working on Bayonetta 2.

When development had progressed to a certain degree, in SEGA’s situation it turned into “This isn’t a good plan”, so development halted temporarily.

Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company. Finally, Bayonetta 2 was about to get terminated completely, when…

Nintendo came in and lent a hand and we were able to restart the development we so desired. Finally the game was released last week, so in five years, we were able to make Bayonetta 2 available to the public.

Knowing those circumstances, if someone is still angry for heading towards Nintendo, I wonder what’s the reason for that, wouldn’t you tell me in a way that is easy to understand?

As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…

Nice little summary from Kamiya on how Bayonetta 2 happened, or almost didn't, over at Nintendo Everything. Kind of handles the whole question of whether the game will ever see a multi-platform release too.

Frankly, even by the standards of the gaming community, the 'boycott Bayonetta 2 because it's on Wii U' movement represents a complete abandonment of reason and the prevalence of bizarre stubbornness. Disappointing it has been so vocal that Platinum even needed to comment on the situation. But you can't get any more definitive a statement as that.

they missing out ea games having on awesome console and wiiu is more powerful the xbox the one graphics specifications aka wiiu is 1080pi hd while xbox the one gives 900pi hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

fKZrOpb.png

:pac:

Really looking forward to the 24th...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,847 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

blag wrote: »
    fKZrOpb.png

:pac:

Really looking forward to the 24th...

Ah Kamiya is some character. There's a story about him during the development of Viewtiful Joe he tried focus testing for the first time. When the focus testing came back negative from the kids that were testing it because it was too hard he went bonkers and ran the kids out of the place.

Frankly, even by the standards of the gaming community, the 'boycott Bayonetta 2 because it's on Wii U' movement represents a complete abandonment of reason and the prevalence of bizarre stubbornness. Disappointing it has been so vocal that Platinum even needed to comment on the situation. But you can't get any more definitive a statement as that.

Jaysus people are f***ing idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Supposedly inferior hardware means you cannot still create great games ?

wii was inferior to ps3 and 360 and still Xenoblade Chronicles was the best looking game for me along with Mario Galaxy.

This whole my system does this better or mine is more powerful is stupid school bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

gizmo wrote: »
    Nice little summary from Kamiya on how Bayonetta 2 happened, or almost didn't, over at Nintendo Everything. Kind of handles the whole question of whether the game will ever see a multi-platform release too.

Its odd that people are annoyed about this. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2 at all, so I don't understand how they can justify there anger.

Also, if they don't know a Wii U, well its not like they were going to buy the game in anyways, so who cares what they think.

wes wrote: »
    Its odd that people are annoyed about this. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2 at all, so I don't understand how they can justify there anger.

Also, if they don't know a Wii U, well its not like they were going to buy the game in anyways, so who cares what they think.
    Some people got angry when Devil May Cry 4 was released on the 360 as well as the PS3. They got so angry they even made a petition about it.

Some people are weird. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Some people got angry when Devil May Cry 4 was released on the 360 as well as the PS3. They got so angry they even made a petition about it.

Some people are weird. :)

Some people are weird enough to send Kamiya their own smashed property in a perceived attempt to demonstrate their outrage....
    jjLWq.png

..I bet the sender felt pretty satisfied popping that in the post box :pac:

Back on topic: I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible but the few bits and pieces I've seen look awesome. The Umbran Climax system looks like a great new way to mix things up with magic usage. The guns seem much meatier now too.

Here's a short combo video I came across, doesn't have much in the way of weapon or story spoilers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,847 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think this and gamergate show that the vocal minority of gamers are complete and utter twonks. May Kamiya long continue to abuse them on twitter for our amusement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Huh? GG were bothering Kamiya? What beef could they possibly have with him? Isn't that just a journalism transparency... uh... campaign or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kamiyas twitter feed has always been a enjoyable read.

2410201-kamiya_calls_out_kotaku_on_being_garbage_2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hah, Kamiya trolling on twitter as usual I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Huh? GG were bothering Kamiya? What beef could they possibly have with him? Isn't that just a journalism transparency... uh... campaign or something?
    No, they were not bothering him.

There's a demo up on the eShop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Excellent demo. Not sold on the touch controls. Feels like easy mode to me.

Tempted to download, but have the special edition prerodered so will wait and play both of them then. So should have it in less than 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It really is the game that should cause the "But It's All About Mario Reheats" crew shut the fup up once and for all.
    All the while they message, tweet and email about the next COD, Battlefield, Forza and GT with no concept of irony whatsoever.
    So don't play Bayonetta 2, it's just more fun for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Come on a port to Xbox One / PS4 here is my money €€€€

calex71 wrote: »
    Come on a port to Xbox One / PS4 here is my money €€€€

Never happening, Nintendo financed the game, plus you have the Arwing sequence and Nintendo themed costumes. Without Nintendo the game wouldn't have been made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Just to let ye know Player1.ie has both versions of the game although like me you probably want the special edition.
    http://www.player1.ie/store/p302/Bayonetta_2_%26_1_Special_Edition.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Question, will this work without the gamepad? :/

Question, will this work without the gamepad? :/

Yes, Bayonetta works with the pro pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got around to playing the demo today, the temptation was just too much, but now much more excited about the 24th.

Not going near the demo, hate playing sections out of context like that when I know I'm going to play the game anyway. From my perspective, I don't think there's a safer bet (ie will most definitely play as soon as reasonably possible) in gaming than Bayonetta 2 ;)

• So jealous of WiiU owners. I hope this gets the sales it deserves.
    It's Getting some stellar reviews this morning;

Gamespot slapping it with a 10/10 :eek:

*Edit* IGN - 9.5

• Advertisement
Advertisement