Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

gubbie wrote: »
    I was in town today for the marathon. Must have been thousands of supporters there so of course I brought my 3ds.

Forgot I'd turned off my Internet/street pass to save battery. No hits

DAM!

That's a rookie mistake gubbie, a rookie mistake! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

My SD Card corrupted earlier today,RIP Sponge Bob and friends and loads of puzzle pieces,Long live the new Sponge Bob on a fresh new SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ouch! I feel your pain man, I've lost my streetpass data twice. It takes a while but you *do* get over it, you move on and it starts to feel like your 3DS again. After about 34 streetpass hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Where's the best place to get StreetPass hits? Got mine today and brought it to the square in tallaght, 'surprisingly' nobody. The only ones you can hope to find there are ones that have been stolen haha

Pound for pound I've found Blanchardstown shopping centre is the best. Only place - including city centre - where I always get a hit every time, and the one place I've gotten a full 10 hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^post #666, lol :eek: :P

I think Galway is the best place to get streetpass hits - got 15 of them the day after NSMB2 came out. :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Up to four already, just pissed I have lost a hit from an American guy and one from Korea, weird ones I won't get again for a long time, I am begining to think my sd slot on the 3ds XL may be faulty, worst thing is it is my Fire Emblem console, not sure I will be able to get a replacement if I did return it, damn Nintendo and their shoddy merchandise.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've found the best place is Cineworld on Parnell st. Get an average of 5/6 there usually!

I'm often there also, I'm a nice person to pass!

The real best place ever though was my town in Canada. It was a bad day with only 3 hits :( Take me back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Who is timelady?

Is that the second time you've asked that? It feels like this has happened befo... DAMN YOU, TIMELADY!

In other news, got my Goldpants Iwata back. Did he visit everyone, or just those of us who didn't already have him on the books?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Is that the second time you've asked that? It feels like this has happened befo... DAMN YOU, TIMELADY!

In other news, got my Goldpants Iwata back. Did he visit everyone, or just those of us who didn't already have him on the books?
    He visited everyone. Isn't that the first time he's visited Europeans though? The last Spotpass Mii we got was celebrating the one year anniversary of the 3DS release and that was Reggie, I think.

I dunno, he looks familiar and I have lots of emails to NoE support asking them to preserve my Goldpants Iwata last december- they never once said "that's Reggie you 'king pleb!" But the original is gone so I'll never know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

robman60 wrote: »
    He visited everyone. Isn't that the first time he's visited Europeans though? The last Spotpass Mii we got was celebrating the one year anniversary of the 3DS release and that was Reggie, I think.

I've had mine since launch, and this is my second time getting Iwata. Never got Reggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I accidentally copied him into Mii Maker (just experimenting, never usually do that) before playing puzzle swap, and now he's no longer in my plaza so no free pink piece. That doesn't happen when I copy in other met miis. :( Very irritating. Still have the original Iwata at least, and they wear different coloured shirts!

I've had mine since launch, and this is my second time getting Iwata. Never got Reggie!
    I've been watching too many American videos :P

You're correct, Europeans have received Iwata twice, the only two Spotpass miis we've received. Americans, on the other hand have received four (Scott Moffit visited to coincide with E3 last year and they received Iwata at LM's release).

New spotpass visitor : Aonuma. No idea who he is but he likes his Zelda....

New spotpass visitor : Aounuma. No idea who he is but he likes his Zelda....

Cool! Just got him a minute ago, picked a pink Fire Emblem puzzle piece, out of his full catalogue of complete puzzle panels. :)

He's worked on the Zelda games since OoT I think. He's in a band called The Wind Wakers which is composed of Nintendo staff, I think that alone makes him cool! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I had my 3ds off all last night so thanks for letting me know!

New spotpass visitor : Aonuma. No idea who he is but he likes his Zelda....

Eiji Aonuma was the Director/Producer on each of the Nintendo created Zelda games since Ocarina of Time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Aonuma
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) — Director
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000) — Director
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (2002) — Director
    The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Editon (2003) — Producer
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004) — Supervisor
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004) — Producer
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) — Director
    Link's Crossbow Training (2007) — Producer
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007) — Producer
    The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009) — Producer
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) — Producer

• Advertisement

Another! Spotpass visitor has come to say hello today, this time it's Super Mario and MarioKart designer Hideki Konno. :)

This exciting, pink pieces everywhere.

Got a hit from a South Korean yesterday, last playing Animal Crossing New Leaf :D She had no pieces for me, but I did get my 30 region achievement.

And another! One in two years, and then 4 in a week?!

I'd never heard of this Tezuka guy before but he's worked on a whole plethora of Mario and Zelda games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Tezuka

All dem pink pieces :cool:

And Another!!! special Mii arrives at the streetpass plaza, this time Tezuka! :)

This is exciting. Best week of my life probably.

Just finished the luigis mansion puzzle, it's amazing!

We need reggie now.

robman60 wrote: »
    And another! One in two years, and then 4 in a week?!

Oops, must have been typing as you were posting your message, ah well it's so exciting it deserves to be announced twice. ;) by the way, just saw your Mii on the streetpass plaza, it's been 9 months since we streetpassed! Looking forward to the Galway meetup on July 13th! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Yeah got a good couple of visitors today, hopefully more tomorrow The last time I got more than this 4 today was when I went to Japan last year
    :-p

I'm imagining what it'd be like if we got regular special mii spotpasses... We would no longer struggle to get the pink pieces, and could have more puzzles... :-D

Streetpass plaza needs more Miyamoto and Reggie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

A good tip that probably everybody knows is if you get a streetpass take a pink piece over others

• Advertisement

While that'd sensible advice, it's not enough! There's probably a few more visitors coming to represent the other key games shown at E3. Let's synchronise the pink pieces we're selecting based on who's got what and in which region, then arrange day trips to maximise coverage. We're in the middle of a recession, ireland needs that streetpass tourist money more than ever! Let's do it for Dev!

Advertisement