Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

-Ade- wrote: »

Oh please Gods let it be to United!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Chelsea have apparently bid €40 Million for Lucas Moura

Exciting news for Chelsea if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

€40 million sounds ridiculous for 19 year old playing for Sao Paulo even if he is highly rated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Not far off Neymar in terms of ability so that fee sounds about right. Serious player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Not far off Neymar in terms of ability so that fee sounds about right. Serious player

What if Neymar is not worth €40 Million?

Ridiculous price for someone playing in Brazilian league tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Neymar would DEFINITELY cost 40 million, and both players start for the Brazilian national team.

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Neymar would DEFINITELY cost 40 million, and both players start for the Brazilian national team.

Neymar WILL cost 40 Million but is he worth it? I'm not sure. He showed his range of skills in Brazil and for Brazil NT I didn't see playing well.

Who ever buys him will take a huge risk as they dont know how he adapts to the European leagues.

Btw, I didn't say Neymar will not cost 40 Million, I said
    "What IF Neymar is not worth €40 Million?

Here is what their president said: (Copied from other forum.)
    Have you received an offer from Real Madrid or any other teams other than Inter?
    Sao Paulo pres.: "From Real no, but I have received an offer that higher than that of Inter."

From whom?
    "Chelsea."

For how much?
    "40 million."

And Sao Paulo did not accept?
    "No, however, at the moment it is Chelsea that are the closest team to Lucas."

Looks like a trick to make Inter pay more than what they are willing to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Not far off Neymar in terms of ability

this isn't true. Neymar is lightyears ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is Neymar better than Hazard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Is Neymar better than Hazard?

Start a new thread to ask everyone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's no mention of currency in that quote. Could be 40 million reais?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

There's no mention of currency in that quote. Could be 40 million reais?

Was thinking the same thing. Rate to the Pound is over 3:1, so that 40 Million would be about £13M...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ouch! Football doesn't end in Europe. It doesn't matter what league he's playing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The brazilian league has picked up the past few years, most clubs now are making money and not losing money like before so they can afford to hold onto their stars and hold out for big bucks.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Ouch! Football doesn't end in Europe. It doesn't matter what league he's playing in.

Yes but it is nowhere near the level of top european leagues.

Doesn't matter what league he's playing in? Well we can find few gems in few Asian league too then.

Yes but it is nowhere near the level of top european leagues.

Doesn't matter what league he's playing in? Well we can find few gems in few Asian league too then.

Nowhere near? I wouldn't say it's far off the 2nd tier of European football just behind the 4 big(Spain, England, Germany, Italy).

And yes it's quite possible to pick up a few gems from Asian football. Kagawa went from Osaka to Dortmund and arguably became the best player in the league in his first season.(Up until his injury ruling him out for the 2nd half of the season).

I'm not quite sure what your point is tbh. Top players originate from all sorts of leagues and clubs and not just in Europe. I would have thought that goes without saying. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

We hear a lot of stories apparently coming from Hazard but how many can you actually believe? I've yet to see him say anything in person. Even if he did, does he speak English? Could what he's said be lost in translation? The media need stories.

In saying that, if he has been whoring himself I'm sure Alex Ferguson will run a while. I remember seeing an interview with SAF after it was announced that Ruud Van was going to Utd before Utd got to officially say anything. SAF was angry and said he was tempted to pull the deal because of it.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Nowhere near? I wouldn't say it's far off the 2nd tier of European football just behind the 4 big(Spain, England, Germany, Italy).

And yes it's quite possible to pick up a few gems from Asian football. Kagawa went from Osaka to Dortmund and arguably became the best player in the league in his first season.(Up until his injury ruling him out for the 2nd half of the season).

I'm not quite sure what your point is tbh. Top players originate from all sorts of leagues and clubs and not just in Europe. I would have thought that goes without saying. :confused:

Never denied that. Someone said Lucas is easily worth 40 Million as he is not far off Neymar's level, so i asked what if Neymar is not worth 40 Million? Never said he is not a good player but it is ridiculously risky to pay that much for someone playing in Brazilian league.

Edit: Someone on redcafe posted how many goals Neymar scored against B and C teams (think lower divison teams). Will try to find that post later.

• Advertisement

Never denied that. Someone said Lucas is easily worth 40 Million as he is not far off Neymar's level, so i asked what if Neymar is not worth 40 Million? Never said he is not a good player but it is ridiculously risky to pay that much for someone playing in Brazilian league.

It's ridiculously risky to pay that for a player from any league.

As was mentioned earlier the Brazilian league is growing in strength along with the Brazilian economy. Clubs no longer have to accept paltry sums for some of their best prospects. They can therefore hold out for bigger transfer fees.
    Also there's a lot of Brazilian people who want their stars to stay at home and don't want them to move. Europe is not necessarily the draw it once was. You can actually see a lot of players returning home to ply their trade.

I'm getting seriously off topic and kinda forgot my point here but it should be pretty simple. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay €40m for Lucas. Sao Paulo have set the price and if a club in Europe doesn't want to meet it then fine. They shouldn't have to lower their asking price because of where they're based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ok its not a player but Mourinho has signed a new deal at madrid until 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Details in Irish Examiner today of a busy summer for Manchester United...
    Ferguson looking to bring in two attacking midfielders, a forward and a full-back... an approach has been made for Leighton Baines.
    Also, Hazard, Kagawa and Modric material known... club had bid refused for Lewandowski. Rafael and Fabio apparently under threat.
    Sources United will go for Hazard (indeed, offer has been made) and Modric, but not enough finances for both. Indeed, might get neither.

^From Miguel Delaney on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just on twitter:

Is there anybody on twitter that is worth following for transfer gossip, just some bit reliable at least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Just on twitter:

Is there anybody on twitter that is worth following for transfer gossip, just some bit reliable at least?

Darren Cann is good I find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Darren Cann is good I find

Cheers will follow him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've followed Sao Paulo for years and I've watched Lucas play in about 90% of their games for the last 2. He is quality and in today's market €40m is worth it. It's overpaying but that is what you have to do when you have a team that does not need to sell their players! Lucas Paizon never played for the Sao Paulo first team and they got €9m for him.

In other news, I read that Milan and Santos are trying to work out a deal for Ganso - Santos want Robinho to return in any deal made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Who needs twitter, all you need is 2 hats, 1 hat has bits of paper with city, united, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal and tottenham in it, the other hat will have the 20 top players not at any of the clubs in hat 1 along with van persie and modric. Thirdly you'll need a random number generator that will generate numbers from 20-50, if you pull out city i'd recommend adding 10 to the number from the RNG. It'll be a hell of alot more reliable than twitter, in fact i think this method is used by most tabloids, except they pull the names out of something other than a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Everton have made an enquiry for Sunderland's Kieran Richardson according to Sky.

It could mean Leighton Baines is on his way to Man United?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

amiable wrote: »
    Everton have made an enquiry for Sunderland's Kieran Richardson according to Sky.

It could mean Leighton Baines is on his way to Man United?

Could be a huge loss for Everton and quite a signing for United if that is the case.

Would this see Evra being phased out? Could only be a good thing to see him face competition at United, hasn't been great over the last few years imo. Certainly not up to the standards that he set before.

How long does Baines have on his contract does anyone know?

Advertisement