Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Juggling info

Options
  • 22-04-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

our website

Our Yahoo group

Meetings will go ahead every Sunday when the weather is ok and people want to attend.
    The meetings are at the bandstand in Stephen's Green at 2pm. This is the big circular structure near the centre of the park that is surrounded by a flowerbved and slightly elevated. We may change the location slightly if bands start to use it during the summer. Hugh gave a better description of its location and marked it on a mpa, which maybe he'd post on this.

Please indicate in advance if ou would like to come along by emailing me at the address on the website or posting here or on the yahoo page.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

There's the map.

I moved the dot a little. I thought it was more accurate in retrospect.

Well anyway, there you go. Hope it helps.

*Sticks thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

bandstand.gif

Yeah.... eh..... that's the one..... Now I know what it's like to be circumcised. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

multimap.com =0) it kicks ass =0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Does anyone here unicycle? I've always wanted to try my hand at that.

• Advertisement

I'm going to start soon. I've even decided which cycle I'm gonna buy: This one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hey. I was a bit late (3rd time lucky this Sunday, hopefully). Were you the group of people directly opposite the gates of the bandstand, on the 24th?

Anyhoo's, if I'm there, I'll be the one in the black trenchcoat. Even if its sunny:cool: Just in case your not in the bandstand. The line "are you the jugglers from the internet" doesn't exactly sound too good:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yea! Made it smile.gif Got there 2pm today. So... is it still going (t'was no-one there frown.gif )? Stayed till 2:30pm. Still no-one, so I left.

I was FAR too busy today although it would have been a nice day to do it. Hopefully next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

yeah I'll go next week too, weather permitting. Sorry no-one else showed up yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Heya, how long does it usually go on for because I mightn't be able to make that earlier if I do go. Do many people participate and is it for any age group because it sounds interesting. Sorry for all the quiestions. :rolleyes:

I left at 3.30 last time but it was still going on when I left.
    There's only been a few people participating so far, but there might be more when exams are over and college term ends.
    It's for any age group yes. 15-25 is the range so far.

Today's Weather
    Showers in the North and East will die out this evening.

Who wants to come to meeting today?

Second meeting went ahead today. Got a much better turnout and much better weather too. Was fun. Went on until after 4.30ish; don't know how much later because that was when i left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

just wondering how many people are showing up to the sunday meeting? i'll be there next weekend so see you then

There was about 10 at the last one.

cool i reckon it'll pick up. if people want me to run a workshop at the weekend post the reqeust here and ill put one together
    emmet

Hey, thanks for the info. Im 14 soon 15, I was just wondering if I was to young. I might try and show up next Sunday and see what the story is sounds good, might pick up a few new things since I can only really juggle 3 and nearly 4.

Let me know if it's going ahead next week. I'll know if the weather is bad it most likely won't. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I hope yez keep it up cause I'm not gonna go till after my leaving. But I will go cause it'll be beast.

14 is ok, there were two 15 year olds before. The average age is older though; the youngest was probably 20 at the last one.

Workshops might be a nice idea if enough people are interested - which is likely I'd say - nine balls and three diablos is extremely impressive.
    At the moment the meetings are unstructured.

Someone suggested a beginners' session too, which would be a definite possibility if enough people want to come to one. Beginners are already totally welcome at the regular meetings.

There'll be a meeting again on Sunday, unless the weather is very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Are these meetings still going, or what's the story?

Would like to go to a couple, maybe after the Junior Cert. However, I am prop-less at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yes we have them every Sunday the weather is ok. (All but one so far).
    I'll be at the one tomorrow, although next weekend I'll be in England.

Will it be on next week during the school holidays yeah? Cause finally I think I'll be able to attend hopefully.

There's a juggling convention in Galway over the weekend isn't there?

yeah it will be on next week unless the weather is crap.
    The turnout is a bit varied (depends on the weather mainly i think).
    Heard about a couple of juggling conventions that are happening around now. Don't know about the galway one, but there probably is if you heard something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

finally jammy made it juggling!
    sry... hi de ho there emmet. anyhow....

sarah

Greetings sarah how goes it?

Yes I did!!!

But shush, my name is crap on here, Jammy, oh god what was i thinkin!! so nobodies to know it's me!!

we all know. tis odd people posting on the juggling forum who'd a thunk it.
    Jammy bye the bye read the sig rules

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah, it goes well emmet. i must say, emmet is one groovey name!! and thunk is a word which people need to use more often! anyhow... yes, jugglin rocks!

i must say, emmet is one groovey name!!

Yeah i think so too, i'd like to say i came up ith it myself but we both know thats a lie

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry about the sig, didn't realise how big it actually was.

Advertisement