Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

but1er wrote: »
    wanna say congrats, but there performance was embarrassing, should be ashamed bringing play acting and rolling around the ground time wasting in a mans game, David Clarke walking around the net after every point wasting every pressure second, just the rolling around and crying on the ground was shocking, off to play soccer with you lot!! cant take a hit

congrats to mayo and all the best in the final!!

Who are you talking about here? Dublin? Dublin's performance in the 1st half was diabolical. Outplayed in every sector of the field. Backs were torn apart. Instead of cribbing about Mayo's 'embarrassing' performance you should ask why Dublin allowed themselves to trail by 10 points at one stage. Mayo didn't achieve this win by rolling and crying on the ground. Dublin didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either, they tried to bully Mayo out of the game when they realised things weren't going their way. Mayo are only doing what it takes to win the big matches these days, Dublin didn't win the championship last year by playing nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I was unhappy with the ref's performance - it was really a game of two halves. He reffed Dublin off the park in the first half and early into the second and then did the same to Mayo for the rest of the game. He was awful. I was also unhappy with some of Mayo's eh, tactics... lot of time-wasting and simulation. I wasn't too thrilled with our boys either; they did come back at Mayo but should never have capitulated to the point where they were ten points down.

Having got all of that out of the way - well done Mayo - the better team won and there's no reason why you can't go on and beat Donegal in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I should be okay for a ticket but It really does wreck my head to see decent folk not getting near one because some gobs*ite decides he wants to go to the All-Ireland despite not having been at a Mayo game since 2006..
    that gobshyte your talking about was probably out with an u12 team since feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

I think missing our two starting wing backs and our best breaking ball winner allowed dublin back,every breaking ball went to the dubs,o shea and moran were breaking it down but we had no one coming in on the breaks,richie feeney is a good player but he's not a 50/50 ball winner like mclouglin,thought freeman made little or no impact when he came on,although had mayo got the goal when 9 pts clear i think that would have been game over and score could have been anything

roll on the final in 3 weeks should be some weekend,come on galway this weekend also could be a great month for the west

wanna say congrats, but there performance was embarrassing, should be ashamed bringing play acting and rolling around the ground time wasting in a mans game, David Clarke walking around the net after every point wasting every pressure second, just the rolling around and crying on the ground was shocking, off to play soccer with you lot!! cant take a hit

What was embarrassing was that Dublin still had 15 players left on the pitch, the Dubs truly lived up to there reputation. Lots of the cowardly thuggery was out of sight of the Ref (therefore not shown on TV or on Camera) but was clearly seen by the linesmen including 2 head butts to Alan Dillion in the space of two minutes, an assault on an injured player lying on the floor with a broken nose, a straight fist to AOS 's jaw etc etc....But then this crew does ref the Dublin A v B so it was already expected, it would be shameful of the GAA to allow them ref another game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

neiphin wrote: »
    that gobshyte your talking about was probably out with an u12 team since feb

U-12 team or not, if you haven't been to a Mayo game in years then why would you even bother going to the final? It can't mean that much to you otherwise you would attend games more regularly. There is a huge band wagon when it comes to GAA and unfortunately there will be some good supporters missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Well lads, what's the criac? You must be still buzzing. A Galway GAA nut here in peace.

Great win yesterday, where I come from we're not noted for supporting Mayo but everyone one I spoke to (even Starie) was happy at the result yesterday. This Mayo team is more "likable" than teams gone by. No bleach hair, no tight shorts, no acting to the cameras etc. Enjoy the next few weeks and good luck in the final. Now, were off supporting Donegal ;):P:P

One final thing - Joe Brolly can go and jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Congrats to Mayo. Every player used played well. superb, their scores were top notch and their team play as good as anything we have seen a while.

Asd a Dub I was embarrassed by our performance yesterday. Hard to believe how bad Dublin were for 55 minutes of the match.

Felt they lost their way when Dillon could not get on the ball enough in second half. Mayo kicked a lot of ball to Dublins Flynn who is very good in the air and this suited Dublin. When they went short I think Dillon was second to recieve the ball and the siege was lifted.
    I was unhappy with the ref's performance - it was really a game of two halves. He reffed Dublin off the park in the first half and early into the second and then did the same to Mayo for the rest of the game.
    I fully agree with this. I thought he was harsh on Dublin in the first half and nearly cost Mayo the game. He was awful.
    I was also unhappy with some of Mayo's eh, tactics... lot of time-wasting and simulation. I wasn't too thrilled with our boys either; they did come back at Mayo but should never have capitulated to the point where they were ten points down.
    Any team would do the same, kill time. What would concern me from a Mayo point of view was they gave away frees to close to goal in the second half.
    Having got all of that out of the way - well done Mayo - the better team won and there's no reason why you can't go on and beat Donegal in the final. [/QUOTE] Agree 100%
    What was embarrassing was that Dublin still had 15 players left on the pitch, the Dubs truly lived up to there reputation. Lots of the cowardly thuggery was out of sight of the Ref (therefore not shown on TV or on Camera) but was clearly seen by the linesmen including 2 head butts to Alan Dillion in the space of two minutes, an assault on an injured player lying on the floor with a broken nose, a straight fist to AOS 's jaw etc etc....But then this crew does ref the Dublin A v B so it was already expected, it would be shameful of the GAA to allow them ref another game.

I must have watched a different game. If 2 Dublin players used headbutts they can be and should be suspended. Every incident in that match was caught on camera and I would be suprised with CCC if they see what you saw and dont act on it.

Lots of cowardly thuggery! An assult on an injured player? Were you in the comedy club after the match? Varley ran into a Dublin player when Mayo had just scored so what was he trying to do? trying to get an opponent sent off. O'Carroll might have been wrong to do what he done but what would you do, What would Cafferkey or Higgins do? Id say Varley feels a right D**k.

Time you focused on the final and Mayo's prospects.

I think Mayo have nothing to fear. This is the best Mayo side I have seen since early 80s. Very good all round team with huge talent.

Thought Feeney was superb. Higgins also gave a good performance. But for me if Alan Dillon turns up for the final he will be footballer of the year 2012. He has been superb all year getting good scores and his play in general is all you could ask from a half forward.

Good luck in the final. Hope ye all have a good day. Focus on the positives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

LeoB wrote: »
    if Alan Dillon turns up for the final he will be footballer of the year 2012[/B]. He has been superb all year getting good scores and his play in general is all you could ask from a half forward.

McHugh for donegal has played better, against better opposition, think footballer of the year is his unless mayo win and alan dillon scores at least 10 points in the final

I must have watched a different game. If 2 Dublin players used headbutts they can be and should be suspended. Every incident in that match was caught on camera and I would be suprised with CCC if they see what you saw and dont act on it.

I surprised there hasn't been more about it. I was near the pitch on the 45 yard line near the Davin stand and this happened only 20 yards from me. The main play was happening near the goal at the hill when this was happening mid way through the 2nd half, so most didn't even see it.

The lines man seen Dillon falling to the ground when he did get up he walked to the linesman and was waved on, Dillon then walked back to his marker and got another head-butt from the same player, again the linesman seen it and the few Mayos in that area were going nuts to the linesman. The linesman then ran off up to the other end and called over the ref, they had a discussion and play just continued as if nothing had happened. The officials had obviously lost any control or any consistency.

• Advertisement

I surprised there hasn't been more about it. I was near the pitch on the 45 yard line near the Davin stand and this happened only 20 yards from me. The main play was happening near the goal at the hill when this was happening, so most didn't even see it.

The lines man seen Dillon falling to the ground when he did get up he walked to the linesman and was waved on, Dillon then walked back to his marker and got another head-butt from the same player, again the linesman seen it and the few Mayos in that area were going nuts to the linesman. The linesman then ran off up to the other end and called over the ref, they had a discussion and play just continued as if nothing had happened. The officials had obviously lost any control or any consistency.

McQuillan is a poor ref and was never going to ref dublin fairly, and dublin knew it. 2 of Dublins points when they were coming back shouldnt have been allowed.
    Linesman gave a 45 for dublin when it clearly came off a dublin player. Cluxton got a point from it.
    When brogan missed his goal chance he pulled the goalie to the ground, probably hoping that another dublin forward would stick the ball in an empty net. Should have been a free out to the goalie but dublin got a point from that attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

Fair play lads.Thought ye would have a chance this year.some great scores kicked and one of the greatest saves in history from a goalbound brogan effort.

Will be some occasion in 20 days time.

shockframe wrote: »
    Fair play lads.Thought ye would have a chance this year.some great scores kicked and one of the greatest saves in history from a goalbound brogan effort.

Will be some occasion in 20 days time.

It would of been game to Dublin if that went in and gone down as one of the worst collapses in recent years.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

M three wrote: »
    McQuillan is a poor ref and was never going to ref dublin fairly, and dublin knew it. 2 of Dublins points when they were coming back shouldnt have been allowed.
    Linesman gave a 45 for dublin when it clearly came off a dublin player. Cluxton got a point from it..
    Sort of agree here. As stated earlier McQuillen shafted Dublin in first half annd for few minutes of second half. He then went hard on Mayo and gave some awful decisions againt them. One in particular was Aiden O'Shea made a good tackle on B.B and a free was given when he clearly won ball.. However you cant blame McQuillen for the 45. He has umpires.

Mayomafia I surprised there hasn't been more about it. I was near the pitch on the 45 yard line near the Davin stand and this happened only 20 yards from me. The main play was happening near the goal at the hill when this was happening mid way through the 2nd half, so most didn't even see it.

The lines man seen Dillon falling to the ground when he did get up he walked to the linesman and was waved on, Dillon then walked back to his marker and got another head-butt from the same player, again the linesman seen it and the few Mayos in that area were going nuts to the linesman. The linesman then ran off up to the other end and called over the ref, they had a discussion and play just continued as if nothing had happened. The officials had obviously lost any control or any consistency.Mayomafia

I just find this so hard to believe. This happens twice in a full stadium. Apart from your good self and the lines man I am sure more people would have seen this. Whoever gave Dillon a headbutt should be suspended. That is deplorable behavior and has no place in any sport.

Sort of agree here. As stated earlier McQuillen shafted Dublin in first half annd for few minutes of second half. He then went hard on Mayo and gave some awful decisions againt them. One in particular was Aiden O'Shea made a good tackle on B.B and a free was given when he clearly won ball.. However you cant blame McQuillen for the 45. He has umpires.

Mayomafia I surprised there hasn't been more about it. I was near the pitch on the 45 yard line near the Davin stand and this happened only 20 yards from me. The main play was happening near the goal at the hill when this was happening mid way through the 2nd half, so most didn't even see it.

The lines man seen Dillon falling to the ground when he did get up he walked to the linesman and was waved on, Dillon then walked back to his marker and got another head-butt from the same player, again the linesman seen it and the few Mayos in that area were going nuts to the linesman. The linesman then ran off up to the other end and called over the ref, they had a discussion and play just continued as if nothing had happened. The officials had obviously lost any control or any consistency.Mayomafia

I just find this so hard to believe. This happens twice in a full stadium. Apart from your good self and the lines man I am sure more people would have seen this. Whoever gave Dillon a headbutt should be suspended. That is deplorable behavior and has no place in any sport.

Everybody in our area were on there feet roaring at the linesman about it, so plenty more than me seen it. Obviously not enough to get the refs attention. This all happened within 1 minute or so while play was still continuing in the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Capri Man

Well done Mayo on your performance yesterday. Think the final will be a lot tighter than people expect. Up here in Donegal, lot of eejits getting carried away, even arguing about where the homecoming should be. These would be non gaa people may I add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I was quiet happy to see Mayo show a good bit of cynicism the last day, as they have done throughout the championship.
    It is part and parcel of the modern game and if you do not do it the other team will, and I would not come on here complaining about Donegal doing it in the final if they were in such a position.

It is certainly a problem within the game and if the football review board, or whatever they are called, recommend some steps to crub and eradicate it in their upcoming report then I would be happy to see them introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The Dillon thing happened alright, but there was so much else going on at the time that it wasn't picked up on as much as it should have been. If Dublin had won the game, things like this, McQuillen's ridiculous excuse for a referreeing performance and a few other incidents would have gotten more attention.

In both the Dublin and Cork games at Croke Park this year, Mayo have been badly let down by weak officiating. I would like to see Horan up the pressure on the final ref by commenting on this in the run up to the game. Alex Ferguson is a master of this sort of thing. Put ideas of unfairness in the heads of the public so that officials are examined more on certain aspects of their performance than they would otherwise be.

McQuillan should never be allowed to officiate a game involving Dublin again. He is clearly incapable of being unbiased when they are playing. The fact that Mayo won and he did us a favour as the late Dublin comeback has resulted in us being widely dismissed by the public shouldn't come into it. But for him there would have been no comeback and Mayo would have won by five or six. Some of his decisions defied belief.

The Dillon thing happened alright, but there was so much else going on at the time that it wasn't picked up on as much as it should have been. If Dublin had won the game, things like this, McQuillen's ridiculous excuse for a referreeing performance and a few other incidents would have gotten more attention.

In both the Dublin and Cork games at Croke Park this year, Mayo have been badly let down by weak officiating. I would like to see Horan up the pressure on the final ref by commenting on this in the run up to the game. Alex Ferguson is a master of this sort of thing. Put ideas of unfairness in the heads of the public so that officials are examined more on certain aspects of their performance than they would otherwise be.

McQuillan should never be allowed to officiate a game involving Dublin again. He is clearly incapable of being unbiased when they are playing. The fact that Mayo won and he did us a favour as the late Dublin comeback has resulted in us being widely dismissed by the public shouldn't come into it. But for him there would have been no comeback and Mayo would have won by five or six. Some of his decisions defied belief.

Bang on.
    McQuillan giving a free for the accidental clash of heads that involved O'Gara was a joke of a decision. Easily 3 points were gifted to dublin as a result of bad officiating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

There was so many bad incidents but another was when Freeman (off camera) was tripped by a Dublin back which led to another Dublin score. Afaik deegan is a solid ref in comparison to that clown mcquillan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Incidentally I see we've got Maurice Deegan, who reffed the Cork game, again for the final. James dropping a few comments into interviews about how we were not sufficiently protected from foul play in that game and hoping for an improved refereeing display in the final (without completely lambasting the guy and setting him against us) would be no harm at all I reckon.
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    There was so many bad incidents but another was when Freeman (off camera) was tripped by a Dublin back which led to another Dublin score. Afaik deegan is a solid ref in comparison to that clown mcquillan.

There was also Varley being repeatedly dragged off the ground when injured and Clarke being rugby tackled after he saved Brogan's shot to comsider as well. The last one was an obvious free out, but it wasn't given and Dublin scored seconds later to cut the gap to two. The free against Cafferkey in front of the posts for a 50/50 challenge where he was hurt himself was ridiculous as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Lads, we're well used to s%ite referee's, I'm sure James and the lads go out to play against 16 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Any idea where the team will stay the Sunday night? Will it be the citywest I wonder?

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Lads, we're well used to s%ite referee's, I'm sure James and the lads go out to play against 16 ;)

I honestly do not think Horan should or will say anything about the ref.

It should have nothing to do with the team perpetration and Horan will not be drawn on any comments about refs in the build up to this game, just like he was not drawn on the Mortimer issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He does not ref the games and hasn't in over 2 years.

2 head butts on Dillon? Would you give it over. There was as much from both sides.

Mayo were the better team, took there chances and deserved to go through. The standard of reffing, not just on Sunday, has been awful but cowardly thuggery??:D

If you thought it was a staright fist to AOS's jaw it is obvious you are fabricating things.

As with every game recently there is as much gripe about the standard of reffing on both sides, you could pick 4 or 5 incidents involving Mayo players that Dublin fans would have issues with. Just the nature of the game and the poor ref's.

Take your deserved win and concentrate on the final. Play like the first 50 minutes and you have a chance.

Hope you win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any idea where the team will stay the Sunday night? Will it be the citywest I wonder?

Believe it is going to Be The Regency, Donegal are in The Burlo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Review of yere clash on Sunday

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/review-of-all-ireland-semi-final-mayo-0-19-v-dublin-0-16/

We took a lot of fan pictures at the game which can be found here

http://www.facebook.com/LiveGaelic

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Dose anyone no where the mayo team will be staying sunday nite of the all ireland....would it be citywest?

Good article by Anthony Munnelly in the Irish Times today - Green and red army pray for an end to 61 years of hurt

Good article by Anthony Munnelly in the Irish Times today - Green and red army pray for an end to 61 years of hurt

This is a great line in it
    ' If you got thrown naked into the middle of a 10-acre field of 10ft-tall nettles and rolled over a few thousand times, you might get an idea of what it’s like to see Mayo get so close and remain so far away.'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

eastmayo wrote: »
    Dose anyone no where the mayo team will be staying sunday nite of the all ireland....would it be citywest?

I believe it's the Regency on the north side.

This is a great line in it
    ' If you got thrown naked into the middle of a 10-acre field of 10ft-tall nettles and rolled over a few thousand times, you might get an idea of what it’s like to see Mayo get so close and remain so far away.'

And also...
    David Brady’s pithy quote about being sent on as a sub in 2006, not to change the game but to look for survivors, neatly sums up just how bad those beatings were.

Brady was always good for the oul quote!

While I'm in the form for linking articles... here's Mort's interview with the Indo yesterday - I miss playing, I miss the lads, I miss the opportunity of winning an All-Ireland medal

Interesting interview but unless I've missed something he still didn't clearly explain why he left the team. Maybe he doesn't want to say it aloud and admit it to himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

While I'm in the form for linking articles... here's Mort's interview with the Indo yesterday - I miss playing, I miss the lads, I miss the opportunity of winning an All-Ireland medal

Interesting interview but unless I've missed something he still didn't clearly explain why he left the team. Maybe he doesn't want to say it aloud and admit it to himself
    Disappointing to see him stretch for the limelight the week it should be all about his former team mates. What a tool.

Disappointing to see him stretch for the limelight the week it should be all about his former team mates. What a tool.

Just like the Connacht final. Can't see it having much effect on the team though, doubt many are worried about him at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Why say yes to give an interview like that this week? F**k sake, sooner he is forgotten about the better. Mentioning Stephen O'Neill's comeback and then saying "It takes two to tango" - ffs. I played ball with Mort and always thought he was a douche. And that he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Why say yes to give an interview like that this week? F**k sake, sooner he is forgotten about the better. Mentioning Stephen O'Neill's comeback and then saying "It takes two to tango" - ffs. I played ball with Mort and always thought he was a douche. And that he is
    Because he's an egomaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Believe it is the Regency hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

And why not? Get his side of things out n the open. Thought it was a decent interview, he came across well. Said nothing that could be seen as having a cut at his former team mates.

And why not? Get his side of things out n the open. Thought it was a decent interview, he came across well. Said nothing that could be seen as having a cut at his former team mates.

True, he comes across as being genuinely fond of Dillon at least. I wouldn't have him down as the vindictive type, just a bit daft to leave when he did. Nothing to say he wouldn't have filled in for Moran and kicked over a few on Sunday. Ah well, if my Auntie had balls and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

ok lets forget about mort and talk about the team.do ye see any changes for sunday i want 1 change in the back line.what do ye thnk??

naughto wrote: »
    ok lets forget about mort and talk about the team.do ye see any changes for sunday i want 1 change in the back line.what do ye thnk??

Well there seems to be conflicting reports in the media about Lee Keegan and Colm Boyle. According to the Indo Keegan's finger is still giving him trouble and won't start and the Connacht is saying that Colm Boyle is still suffering from the virus he had before the Dublin game. Could be a chance for Richie Feeney or Chris Barrett depending on what the real story is.

What do you reckon yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Half back is the line in which we are best able to cope with losses so no harm there (although majorly disappointed for whoever misses out).

Don't want any change myself tbh was very impressed with all forwards the last day and with respect Freeman did nothing to suggest he should be included ahead of one of them

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Half back is the line in which we are best able to cope with losses so no harm there (although majorly disappointed for whoever misses out).

Don't want any change myself tbh was very impressed with all forwards the last day and with respect Freeman did nothing to suggest he should be included ahead of one of them

Nah there's no point messing around with the line-up at this stage, the team that played against Dublin is good enough to do the business against Donegal, they just need to steel themselves a bit better. Doherty and O'Connor had the chances to bury Dublin, they need to be taken this time around while Conroy needs to be craftier in his shot selection. Midfield and backs are as solid as they can be at this stage bar the miraculous return of 'you know who' (not talking about Mort)

Well there seems to be conflicting reports in the media about Lee Keegan and Colm Boyle. According to the Indo Keegan's finger is still giving him trouble and won't start and the Connacht is saying that Colm Boyle is still suffering from the virus he had before the Dublin game. Could be a chance for Richie Feeney or Chris Barrett depending on what the real story is.

What do you reckon yourself?

i dont think richie feeney will start seeing that he took him off not long after he scored and did he not come on as a blood sub and kept him on in the 1st place.iam hearing boyle is over the virus but then u hear all sorts of crap the week up to the final.

i would make a change in the back line i have watch the mayo vrs dub game twice since and the amount of mistakes that a certain
    back made was shocking,i no every player can have a bad game but this was way past this.

i would make a change in the back line i have watch the mayo vrs dub game twice since and the amount of mistakes that a certain
    back made was shocking,i no every player can have a bad game but this was way past this.

Come on, don't hold back! Are you talking about KK by any chance?

ah no iam not kk have a nervous 10 mins and gave away a soft 13 yard free

i dont think richie feeney will start seeing that he took him off not long after he scored and did he not come on as a blood sub and kept him on in the 1st place.iam hearing boyle is over the virus but then u hear all sorts of crap the week up to the final.

Would said player be better utilized in a half forward role in future you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'm guessing it's Donal Vaughan considering the gaps through the middle that Dublin exploited in the second half

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it's Donal Vaughan considering the gaps through the middle that Dublin exploited in the second half

I seriously think he'd make a better CF than CB. Unreal ball carrier and great pace and well able to pop up with a score or two when needed. He's very loose in defence at times and as you say tends to leave big gaps in the middle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement