Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

awec wrote: »
    We've met her. :P

(Just joking bluewolf) :)

sorry i couldn't hear you through the accent, speak up?! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sorry guys, I know you're trying to help. I'm just feeling a bit down at the moment so excuse any stupid posts.

i hope i get my singing results today, that would be nice

I'm actually more worried about his sleeping pattern but he won't listen to me and do anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I know you're trying to help. I'm just feeling a bit down at the moment so excuse any stupid posts.

Ah Jane there's no badness intended...I think it's just that a lot of us here are around the same age as him.

I'm 2 years older and I may or may not be a little jealous of bed at 2pm. It's been....oh....about 10 years since I was still in bed at that time:p

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    A say wuv met ya n know jus har much of un eejit ye are lakkk. :)

ahhh you sound like the lads from work :D

jane, he needs a kick, that's why

Jaysus awec it took me 3 attempts to read that post.. :p

I know Lucyfur.. I'm too nice to everyone though, not just him as someone suggested. I know that's not good but I've always been the same and I don't know how to be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Well have just fired off a whole load of e-mails to the local TDs and have already gotten a response from one. Also, fired off similar e-mails to Irish Times, Irish Independent and all the local newspapers.

Hopefully we'll at least get this some publicity even if it doesn't result in back tracking by the Council.

Facebook campaign?? IT only takes a snowflake to start an avalanche ;)

how you be different is realise your own self worth, what you'll stand for and what you won't
    don't build up things in your head but say them when you have a problem with them or at least indicate you have a problem if you have trouble communicating

you can be perfectly nice to people all day long while still having a line they know not to cross
    bit of mutual respect
    it's not about not being nice but not being a doormat

nobody is suddenly going to change and treat you better unless you stand up and say i'm worth more than this
    and you are not going to stand up and say that until you believe it
    so work on that

• Advertisement

126_0718.jpg

Look whose been sleeping in my bed:D

I suppose that's something I have to think about then. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Jaysus awec it took me 3 attempts to read that post.. :p

I know Lucyfur.. I'm too nice to everyone though, not just him as someone suggested. I know that's not good but I've always been the same and I don't know how to be different.

You shouldn't need to be different Jane. Its an amazing quality that you have, being nice to everybody and you don't need to change.
    Just realise that you are a great person and you deserve the best from whatever life has to offer. If your username is anything to go by, you're 24, right? What do you want from life? Kids, a nice home, 2 dogs and a pony? I'm not sure. But whatever it is, you need someone who will help you and encourage you to achieve where you want to be and the best that you want to be. Not somebody who is going to hold you back and make you feel down. Life is too short for that.

Speak to him. Standing up for yourself does not mean you're not a nice person anymore. He needs to treat you like you deserve to be treated. What would you say to us if we posted the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    This video has made me so sad and angry. Stupid fecks taking the p*ss with this crap putting people's lives at risk, probably terrifying and exhausting the horses, and disregarding fecking everything outside of their stupid behaviour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rc5JsMn0LRQ

Saw that yesterday. It made me want to punch the wall (or any of those scumbags in the video). Scumbags is the only word in this situation. Not an iota of concern for the horses, or for oncoming traffic while they're ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ROAD(!!!), and certainly couldn't give a sh*te about their kids doing exactly the same when they're old enough.

I hope that video lands every single one of the people involved in jail. Build another prison if that's what it takes. That's how angry it made me.

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I just realised that the hand signal I use to subtly let people know how street I am is an intoxicating hybrid of the Spiderman signal and the Rock & Roll signal.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Saw that yesterday. It made me want to punch the wall (or any of those scumbags in the video). Scumbags is the only word in this situation. Not an iota of concern for the horses, or for oncoming traffic while they're ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ROAD(!!!), and certainly couldn't give a sh*te about their kids doing exactly the same when they're old enough.

I hope that video lands every single one of the people involved in jail. Build another prison if that's what it takes. That's how angry it made me.

:mad::mad:

Well you'll be delighted to know that it has been reported that one person was arrested and later released without charge in relation to this. Another job well done there.

This video breaks my heart. :( Am I ill? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Well you'll be delighted to know that it has been reported that one person was arrested and later released without charge in relation to this. Another job well done there.

I suppose it's too much to hope that that person has furnished the Gardaí with all the information to see all the others charged... Yeah :(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Sure they could've gotten reg nos. on the day to trace back to the feckers afterwards but I'm sure they're all of "no fixed abode".

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to be different Jane. Its an amazing quality that you have, being nice to everybody and you don't need to change.
    Just realise that you are a great person and you deserve the best from whatever life has to offer. If your username is anything to go by, you're 24, right? What do you want from life? Kids, a nice home, 2 dogs and a pony? I'm not sure. But whatever it is, you need someone who will help you and encourage you to achieve where you want to be and the best that you want to be. Not somebody who is going to hold you back and make you feel down. Life is too short for that.

Speak to him. Standing up for yourself does not mean you're not a nice person anymore. He needs to treat you like you deserve to be treated. What would you say to us if we posted the same?

He doesn't hold me back. Maybe I do need to stand up for myself more with people but I don't think it's fair to say that about the person I love most in the world.

I am 24 in August. I know what I want and I do see him in my future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Video makes me so angry, I kept wishing they'd come up against a truck parked sideways across the road just to stop them. To be fair though, with the comments from the guy filming it, I reckon the guards haven't a hope against that mindset, especially with the amount of them there at the end.

Pixiebean, fair play to you, keep the pressure on them, ask for the technical reasons why they've refused maybe and see if your friend can reach some compromise with it? A flat out no isn't really good enough when it's 2+ people's livelihoods down the drain.

Had the easiest exam ever today, hurray! And did really well in an assignment in the same subject, so hopefully it'll bring my average way up from how I think it is from the other exams. \o/ However, crap crap law exam on Friday is and will be crap.

He doesn't hold me back. Maybe I do need to stand up for myself more with people but I don't think it's fair to say that about the person I love most in the world.

I am 24 in August. I know what I want and I do see him in my future.
    At the end of the day, thats completely your choice and nobody here knows you or your situation, except from what you post.
    For your sake, I do hope that he does cop on and that he starts acting his age shortly, because as amazing as love is, it won't put the food on the table or the roof over your heads if you do spend your future with him.

I don't think I have anything more to say, because the last thing I want to do is hurt your feelings. I wish you the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I'll echo what Pollo said above. I am similarly holding my tongue because you won't like what I have to say.

Susie Q, I have tears streaming down my face from reading your ''Pronunciations that drive you mad'' thread. Fecking quality:D

That's fine so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

For your sake, I do hope that he does cop on and that he starts acting his age shortly, because as amazing as love is, it won't put the food on the table or the roof over your heads if you do spend your future with him.

Too true! Somebody should explain that to my boyfriend :p

Edit: I say as he comes in from one job and goes out to the other, but he's useless with money!

Why do I feel like the worlds biggest bitch right now? :(

I dunno, I don't think you said anything bitchy tbh, but then my new nickname is the Honey Badger so maybe I'm not the best judge of fluffy niceness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

You shouldn't feel like that. You said what we were all thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

You shouldnt...honestly! We were all thinking it
    i know i didnt contribute to it technically but i followed what was going on
    But look the truth hurts sometimes....dont feel like a bitch for saying it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

urgh think my baby is a mini hulk in there getting pissed off by my organs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Mmm, as a newish poster but checked in on the thread now and again I have to agree. Jane seems like a lovely lady and it's nice to see that you are all looking out for her, but if he was my boyfriend I'd be telling him to get his act together.

I know it's very hard to hear about someone you love but at the end of the day the people here mean well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

pigging out on dried fruit again :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Anyone know anywhere in Limerick that will cash a cheque?

Polloloca No need to feel like a bitch, you just said it out instead of dancing around it, better in the long run in my opinion

Links234 wrote: »

Oxymoron! What defines pigging out on dried fruit? :) I hate dried fruit, bleh.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oxymoron! What defines pigging out on dried fruit? :) I hate dried fruit, bleh.

eating way too much?

I love dried fruit :) a little too much :o

I never really got the love for dried fruit tbh, it's just bleh to me.

Wish I did, it'd be so much healthier than pigging out on chocolate! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Better than pigging out on chocolate I guess.................. : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

you should'nt as to be fair what you said is just constructive criticism, I'm far more of a lurker here than i am a poster, having read a lot of jane's posts over time what you have said is probably what a lot of people think.

The other side of the coin is that also through jane's posts its obvious that her boyfriend makes her extremely happy, he gives her confidence and basically they are very much in love, that's a wonderful thing and he is therefore obviously a hell of a nice guy. I'm also guessing that anyone reading jane's posts over time also knows this.

It's just getting a bit lost as the focus is on the whole late sleeping and how she was feeling hurt by it

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

@ Jane hope you're ok hun, it sounds like you've been having a crap day and your mood is just generally down, and I doubt that this thread has made you feel much better. So big hugs.

I can see from your posts how much you love your bf, and I bet there's lots of things that are great about him, that we don't know about. It's easy to jump to conclusions about a person from posts which are just snippets of who he is.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, because I know how I feel about being told what to do [hate it], but PM is always open if you need to vent about anything or want advice about anything.

• Advertisement

nah, dried fruit ain't that much healthier, it's often sweetened and can be pretty sugary. sweetened banana chips for example, nom but not the healthiest snack around. so don't feel bad about the chocolate ;)

also, this is amazing!

http://io9.com/5907849/this-guy-hand+forged-his-own-wedding-ring-out-of-a-meteorite

original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Husband came home from the hospital yesterday. Was a harmless brain cyst after all (symptomatic so needs further investigation) so MRI booked for 2 weeks time..

AND WHAT DO YA DO THE DAY AFTER HE GETS HOME???:confused:

I snap and lose the temper like the bad-tempered, exam frazzled auld bitch I am:(:eek:

Exam tomorrow and Friday and my stress levels are thru the roof so I'm gonna have to be on extra nice duties for the next few weeks to make up for the humour I've been in!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nah, dried fruit ain't that much healthier, it's often sweetened and can be pretty sugary. sweetened banana chips for example, nom but not the healthiest snack around. so don't feel bad about the chocolate ;)

D:

Husband came home from the hospital yesterday. Was a harmless brain cyst after all (symptomatic so needs further investigation) so MRI booked for 2 weeks time..

AND WHAT DO YA DO THE DAY AFTER HE GETS HOME???:confused:

I snap and lose the temper like the bad-tempered, exam frazzled auld bitch I am:(:eek:

Exam tomorrow and Friday and my stress levels are thru the roof so I'm gonna have to be on extra nice duties for the next few weeks to make up for the humour I've been in!!!

Ah Kitty, I'm sure he didn't take it to heart;) Shur you're up to your eyeballs with 4 kids and a degree while he's in hospital getting 3 meals handed to him:p

Absolutely delighted he's ok xx

Links, that ring has me like this:

puking-rainbows-meme-rage-face.jpg

eating way too much?

I love dried fruit :) a little too much :o

I didn't know you could eat too much dried fruit! Didn't realise it was sugary, most of my encounters with it have gone "I'll try it...*takes bite*...*spits out*...."BLEH!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ah Kitty, I'm sure he didn't take it to heart;) Shur you're up to your eyeballs with 4 kids and a degree while he's in hospital getting 3 meals handed to him:p

Absolutely delighted he's ok xx

Thanks Lucyfur............

I was beyond a bitch tho'....

Honestly, I'd have punched me if someone had acted like that with me!!!:eek:

He is a softie though and thank god cos I've been known for my hot temper since I was a kid.

He knows my bark is worse than my bite.........usually:p

They usually know in this house when I'm about to go and they all back off a bit to let me "get over it" so to speak!! but the exam stress just caused me to go off!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its my housemates birthday, he's gone to his parents to visit, and he's bringing back....CAAAAKE!!!!

by gar its been a while since I had decent cake.

Thanks Lucyfur............

I was beyond a bitch tho'....

Honestly, I'd have punched me if someone had acted like that with me!!!:eek:

He is a softie though and thank god cos I've been known for my hot temper since I was a kid.

He knows my bark is worse than my bite.........usually:p

They usually know in this house when I'm about to go and they all back off a bit to let me "get over it" so to speak!! but the exam stress just caused me to go off!!!

Seriously, don't feel bad. You've a huge amount of stress at the moment. Steak and bj night on Friday, he'll be grrrraaaaaannnnnddd;)

• Advertisement

No singing results :(

am signed up for big scary concert :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement