Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downton Abbey

1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭brian_t

BAFTA Celebrates Downton Abbey

ITV is showing it at 9.00pm on Monday 21st December.
    TV3 is showing it at 9.00pm on Wednesday 23rd December

Back in August the cast and crew were honoured with a special award presented by Julie Walters at the Richmond Theatre in London,
    Jonathan Ross hosts.
    Dame Maggie Smith and Hugh Bonneville perform a specially written sketch, and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and Julian Ovenden perform live.

Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville and Allen Leech perform a scene from "Downton Abbey" using good ol' American accents.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

brian_t wrote: »

Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville and Allen Leech perform a scene from "Downton Abbey" using good ol' American accents.

I wonder when this was filmed? Her fiancee died on the 13th. Can't imagine she was off in the US in the days leading up to it.

I wonder when this was filmed? Her fiancee died on the 13th. Can't imagine she was off in the US in the days leading up to it.

The show was broadcast on December 9th and is pre-recorded in the afternoon according to - http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/how-to-get-tickets-to-the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/

brian_t wrote: »
    The show was broadcast on December 9th and is pre-recorded in the afternoon according to - http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/how-to-get-tickets-to-the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/

Still seems weird she was away. I suppose they have certain press obligations but you'd think they'd have let her off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't care how predictable it was, I was not looking for anything else. It was glorious. It was a glorious period in our lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A very good send off. Some laughs. Definitely made for the people who stuck with the show through thick and very thin times. Sure it wasn't Fargo or Breaking Bad but it never intended to be - just daft fluffy nonsense.
    If you are reading this and yet to watch on TV3 get some alcohol in first. Older family members can do the drugs of their choice.

Btw....this explains the Clara Bow reference.

clara-bow-in-dancing-mothers-1926.png

Sneaky buggers showing that precise part of Edith's wedding where they ask if anyone objects. We were watching with bated breath full sure something bad was going to happen.

It was all fairly predictable and cheesy but that's what Downton has been for most of its run.

I'm off to write Return to Downton. Set in the 40's the focus is on George and the other kids. Now grown up George doesn't want to run the estate, he wants to join up and go to war. Meanwhile Sibby and Marigold (and Mary's new baby) are left running the estate as it is housing a boat load of kids who have been evacuated from the city because of air raids. Mary's youngest and Anna's are the will they/won't they of the piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Oh My
    I sneakily watched it in work and now im crying loads. Happy tears i mean.
    Cant believe its all over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Thoroughly enjoyed the finale and I thought it was the perfect send off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm off to write Return to Downton. Set in the 40's the focus is on George and the other kids. Now grown up George doesn't want to run the estate, he wants to join up and go to war. Meanwhile Sibby and Marigold (and Mary's new baby) are left running the estate as it is housing a boat load of kids who have been evacuated from the city because of air raids. Mary's youngest and Anna's are the will they/won't they of the piece.

I'm off to write the adventures of the Young Mr Bates. Forger, Spy, Batman to the Earl of Grantham....

syklops wrote: »
    I'm off to write the adventures of the Young Mr Bates. Forger, Spy, Batman to the Earl of Grantham....

Ooh, that's a good one. How did he hurt his leg? How did he come to get tangled up with that auld bitch Mrs. Bates? Lots of scope for adventure.

Ooh, that's a good one. How did he hurt his leg? How did he come to get tangled up with that auld bitch Mrs. Bates? Lots of scope for adventure.

Its Indiana Jones meets James Bond only instead of Nazis and Soviets there are Zulus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

syklops wrote: »
    Its Indiana Jones meets James Bond only instead of Nazis and Soviets there are Zulus.

..and the timeline is right to fit in Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper. Handy with a steak knife is our Mr Bates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Mr Bates, aka Brendan Coyle, popped up as a baddie in the Xmas episode of Murdoch Mysteries.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Mr Bates, aka Brendan Coyle, popped up as a baddie in the Xmas episode of Murdoch Mysteries.

Is there anything he can't do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

It looks fabulous - can't wait for September.

Film sequel coming for Christmas.
    The as yet untitled film began shooting last week, with all key cast members – including Hugh Bonneville and Maggie Smith – returning alongside new faces including Hugh Dancy, Laura Haddock and Dominic West.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/apr/19/downton-abbey-film-sequel-set-for-christmas-2021-release

Advertisement