Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

EU is Wednesday??? Its equity tomorrow - someone confirm this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doing

EU is Wednesday??? Its equity tomorrow - someone confirm this!!!

Criminal tomorrow. EU Wednsday, Equity Thursday.

Almost had a heart attack reading the last two posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

doing wrote: »
    Criminal tomorrow. EU Wednsday, Equity Thursday.

Almost had a heart attack reading the last two posts.

Me to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LavenderLemon

Oops! Sorry, have my days all mixed up! I'm secretly a troll here to cause panic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Henry Minogue

any tips for crim tommorow? think defence of the dwelling act 2011 might come up given to came into force last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kelmchugh

Mission accomplished, almost had heart attack also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Reminds me of the time last year that guy came on before the Property exam and said that Succession wasn't going to come up that sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Please, is regulation 1612/68 in the blackstones manual? Cant find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Please, is regulation 1612/68 in the blackstones manual? Cant find it?
    Directive 2004/38

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

I assumed they were different? They are referenced distinctly in loads of sources. Are you 100 % sure. Legal dictum relies on both sources separately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    I assumed they were different? They are referenced distinctly in loads of sources. Are you 100 % sure. Legal dictum relies on both sources separately

I don't think its in there. The 2004 one has largely replaced the 68 one, but the 68 isnt in the treaty. It seems every addition it gets bigger so they remove the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 notjessica

Do you think I'd be set doing direct effect, member state liability, judicial review, and all of the fundamental freedoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

So...do we want the snow to stop and clear altogether, or get so heavy they postpone the rest of the exams?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Postpone the exams..... I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

hey could anyone help me with the free movement question (question 6) in the October 2011 paper please! What are the issues in part i and ii? Thanks for any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ElleWoods

I'm learning general principles at the moment, have done proportionality, supremacy and subsidiarity but is it necessary to do legitimate expectations, legal certainty and transparency? How does he even ask that does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Get Carter

Hello can someone tell me what the issues were in question two on the criminal paper. I know that the middle part regarded complicity but I wasnt sure about the first paragraph where it said Henry suffered from attention deficit disorder. I know theres no point in post mortems but Id feel a bit better studying for EU tomorrow if I thought I had criminal. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HughLane

sorry, long time lurker on this thread but just had to sign up to post this. saw it on twitter earlier and loled. https://twitter.com/DonnchaKnow/status/313965740485132289

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

What are people concentrating on for equity?? My main topics are trusteeship, charitable trusts, prop estoppel, 3 certainties, tracing, undue infl, resulting trusts(re Andrews/joint acc/quistclose) rectification, DMC, cy pres & specific performance... I'm purposely leaving out injunctions because I really hate them.. Is that a bad idea? Any other big/tipped topic I should be covering?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭GusherING

ShamblesB wrote: »
    hey could anyone help me with the free movement question (question 6) in the October 2011 paper please! What are the issues in part i and ii? Thanks for any help! :)

Read Laval un Partnieri for part i. Collective Action by a trade union (i.e. a picket) may be a justifiable restriction on freedom to provide services under Art 56, but in this case (which is closely followeed in the question) it was held to be a disproportionate restriction as the relevant EU directive already provided certain minimum safeguards for workers.

Part ii: not entirely sure myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

HughLane wrote: »
    sorry, long time lurker on this thread but just had to sign up to post this. saw it on twitter earlier and loled. https://twitter.com/DonnchaKnow/status/313965740485132289
    Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

HughLane wrote: »

A day in the life eh! Most importantly, did he pass them in the end?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sofakingood

Does anybody have an up to date grid for contract that they would be willing to share?

I have a few sample answers that I would exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fe1exams

Get Carter wrote: »
    Hello can someone tell me what the issues were in question two on the criminal paper. I know that the middle part regarded complicity but I wasnt sure about the first paragraph where it said Henry suffered from attention deficit disorder. I know theres no point in post mortems but Id feel a bit better studying for EU tomorrow if I thought I had criminal. Thanks

mental disorder ” includes mental illness, mental disability, dementia or any disease of the mind but does not include intoxication;

Is adhd a disease of the mind for the purpose of the Criminal law Insanity Act 2006 as the defence? it is a mental disability

-s15 false imprisonment...maybe
    -s4 assault
    -s3 assault
    -crim damage offences...
    -s5 threat to kill
    -accessory before and after the fact 7(1), 7(2) 1997 act

seems like too many issues - i think he is usually looking for 4.... what does anyone else think??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PTfan

Fe1exams wrote: »
    mental disorder ” includes mental illness, mental disability, dementia or any disease of the mind but does not include intoxication;

Is adhd a disease of the mind for the purpose of the Criminal law Insanity Act 2006 as the defence? it is a mental disability

-s15 false imprisonment...maybe
    -s4 assault
    -s3 assault
    -crim damage offences...
    -s5 threat to kill
    -accessory before and after the fact 7(1), 7(2) 1997 act

seems like too many issues - i think he is usually looking for 4.... what does anyone else think??

When i went for this one, went for assault under S3 and S4, and went for attempted murder when he tried to set him on fire, although he was unconscious, could be wrong. went for irresistible impulse for the initial hammer strike.

As for Sean, went for incitement, and accessory after the fact S 7(2) and S 7(3)

Never even thought of criminal damage, or false imprisonment

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Get Carter

Cheers. I started with the insanity defence. Mentioned assault causing serious harm and false imprisonment and had the liability as accessory part. I was running out of time at that stage. Relief to know I didnt miss the mark. Bring on EU

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LavenderLemon

Good luck to everyone doing EU tomorrow...*ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Please god let this be a nice EU paper.. could use a bit of luck!
    Information overload I hope it all comes back.
    Good luck to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

What are people concentrating on for equity?? My main topics are trusteeship, charitable trusts, prop estoppel, 3 certainties, tracing, undue infl, resulting trusts(re Andrews/joint acc/quistclose) rectification, DMC, cy pres & specific performance... I'm purposely leaving out injunctions because I really hate them.. Is that a bad idea? Any other big/tipped topic I should be covering?
    I am too afraid to leave out injunctions myself given its size!

My main topics (based on my own predictions);
    - Maxims
    - Constructive Trusts
    - Express Trusts
    - Resulting Trusts
    - Tracing
    - Injunctions

Secondary;
    - Rectification
    - Specific Performance
    - Trustees

Ignoring;
    - Rescission
    - Secret Trusts
    - Purpose Trusts
    - Satisfaction
    - Proprietary Estoppel

Predicting, and therefore strongly hoping for;
    - Maxims
    - Constructive Trusts (Problem Q; Knowing receipt and dishonest assistance, tracing)
    - Injunctions (any aspect)
    - Express Trusts (any aspect)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Well EU was a disaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement