Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Finals!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Ok, so FINALLY picked my gift!

Didn't think it would be as difficult - my family will be lucky if I put as much consideration into theirs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I am half way there! Need something special to finish it off though - my mind is in over drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Mines picked and ready for posting ! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Me too! I will be posting it on Wednesday. I hope the dog who is getting mine will be very happy with it!

I didnt use the online thing like some of ye cos I dont trust myself and the credit card! So I am quiet limited to what I could get in a pet shop but I think what I got is a lovely gift!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Well I've just packed mine in a box thats too big with some styrofoam that came with my printer, wrapped it with Christmas paper, then packaging paper, addressed it, then had to partially open it again because I forgot to put the card in :rolleyes:. I'm completely snowed in here and the road is completely impassable but I have to get to a job interview somehow on Wednesday so I will post it then! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Blogger50 wrote: »

I-Digress. Dont forget to let us know how your girls get on.

Sorry! It's been mental for the past week or so! You and adrenalinejunkie were right -she was fine. She had to stay in overnight which had me almost ready to crawl into her empty crate and cry with guilt (that dog is my best friend) because of what I'd done to her, but she came home right as rain the next day. She still has the buster collar on and when she goes out in the back to play in the snow (she's a canine toddler) she comes back in with the collar full of snow. We're calling her Snowcone.

Thank you both for the reassuring words :)

Is anyone really worried that their present isn't as cool as everyone else's? Or am I neurotic?

Oh, and do we sign the card with our real name or are username? Or sign it from our pet?

I'm finished shopping but the packing is not done yet!
    Best of luck with the interview - you deserve it after organising all this!!!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

i-digress wrote: »
    Sorry! It's been mental for the past week or so! You and adrenalinejunkie were right -she was fine.

Is anyone really worried that their present isn't as cool as everyone else's? Or am I neurotic?

Oh, and do we sign the card with our real name or are username? Or sign it from our pet?

That's great news! Don't be worrying about your present, I think we all had some difficulty deciding, I didn't sign the card, I'll reveal myself on-thread but whichever you prefer is fine :D
    Shazanne wrote: »
    I'm finished shopping but the packing is not done yet!
    Best of luck with the interview - you deserve it after organising all this!!!:)

Have my fingers crossed for myself! Have got through 2 assessments and 1st interview for it so I think I deserve it after all that! The hours would be great for me though, 10am start so plenty of time to get the ponios sorted in the morning without having to get up at stupid o'clock!

You may have already guessed but there's no such thing as off topic posting on this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No I'm the exact same!

One of my pressies was not available when it came to posting so was replaced by another item worth a lot more at no extra charge (AND it was partially my mistake - great website will use them again for definate, quick and very friendly service, Irish site so next day delivery and great prices).

Best of luck with the interview Adrenalin.

I must be neurotic too! I am really worried that my recipients will turn up their "noses" at my presents! I'd really love to have been allowed to spend a lot more money - and I'd love to have had alot more money to spend!
    But the whole concept of Secret Santa is just terrific - I am really excited about it and I hope it becomes an annual event:)
    Will have to brave the snow on Wednesday to get wrapping paper and to post the presents! Not stirring out tomorrow - I'm working from home - yippee!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Has anybody figured out which poster they have? I haven't checked. Might go be nosey now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Mine arrived today that i ordered. Its small but cute and hopefully my SS will love it. I went over the tenner (postage added a bit on) but ah well.

I was just going to put Dear (pet name) ...from your Secret Boardsie Santa (no username). When i normally do SS i never know who its from. Will post a pic then when i get it. Is that what everyone else wants to do?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I know one for definite, the second one I'm not sure. Are we gonna find out?!

I'm really disappointed with what I bought. Our Internet has been down at home for about 2 months and have been two busy at work to look online so I had to make do with petstore stuff. Hope my two aren't disappointed with what they get :-(

I know who two of them are. The other one - I have no idea and no amount of searching is helping!!

I know one - the name was the giveaway:D The other one I haven't a clue about and know even less about the breed of pet I've bought for!! I just hope she likes it!!

So are we agreed on what goes on the card? "To (pet's name) from Secret Santa"? I would love to know who sent mine and how my Secret Santa's felt about their presents (I'm very childish about these things:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Sorry! It's been mental for the past week or so! You and adrenalinejunkie were right -she was fine. She had to stay in overnight which had me almost ready to crawl into her empty crate and cry with guilt (that dog is my best friend) because of what I'd done to her, but she came home right as rain the next day. She still has the buster collar on and when she goes out in the back to play in the snow (she's a canine toddler) she comes back in with the collar full of snow. We're calling her Snowcone.

Thank you both for the reassuring words :)

Ah thats great news! Snowcone! I love it! I am being bit neurotic myself and kept changing my mind. I also went over the tenner cause I wanted to get a toy and something else a bit more challenging ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hopefully won't give away who I got ;) but a few days behind the rest of you - I presume as long as they arrive by Christmas its acceptable?!

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hopefully won't give away who I got ;) but a few days behind the rest of you - I presume as long as they arrive by Christmas its acceptable?!

This:

Posting period will be from the 1st December untill the 4th, if at all possible please post your packages inside these dates, this gives everyone a 2 week period to find suitable pressies :D and hopefully will avoid some of the pre-christmas posting rush!

Basically this is to accomodate things getting lost in the post/no shows etc. So I can wait a few days after the 4th and go chasing up any that haven't appeared. If anyone has any problems e.g. waiting for things they have ordered on-line just PM me and let me know, so I can let the recipient know that it's on its way.

What if I post up a list of usernames and the name of the pets each bought for on the 23rd? Quite a few aren't really posting on thread much so it would give everyone the opportunity to thank their Secret Santas.

You can check the list of Boardsies and look through their old posts and/or their user profiles for clues for the ones that are more difficult to suss out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

This:

Basically this is to accomodate things getting lost in the post/no shows etc. So I can wait a few days after the 4th and go chasing up any that haven't appeared. If anyone has any problems e.g. waiting for things they have ordered on-line just PM me and let me know, so I can let the recipient know that it's on its way.

What if I post up a list of usernames and the name of the pets each bought for on the 23rd? Quite a few aren't really posting on thread much so it would give everyone the opportunity to thank their Secret Santas.

You can check the list of Boardsies and look through their old posts and/or their user profiles for clues for the ones that are more difficult to suss out ;)

Thanks AJ will pm if problem

I did go over the tenner as well, would have liked to have spent more as well. I didn't want to exclude people by putting it up too high and someone did suggest that it was too high at €10. Maybe we can have that discussion a bit more in depth in November next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

Ok, my one has been dispatched:-) I didn't have much time to pick up present but i hope someone will be happy:-)

I'm ready for wrapping tonight and posting tomorrow! My last little gift(which I really thought was nice!) fell through this evening as, having gotten my OH to take me to the shop, they had closed early, probably due to weather (which is why the OH was driving me!) So I had to compromise and am a bit disappointed buy I really hope my furry friends wont be;)
    But at least I'll have a nice idea up my sleeve for next year:)
    On a sad note, my neighbour's beloved cat died last night and she is totally heartbroken. I had told her about Secret Santa and she thought it was a great idea but as she doesn't have internet access at the moment she could not join in. In a way it's a good thing as if a present had arrived for Heidi she would be heartbroken:( Spare a thought and a prayer for her over the coming days and weeks - she really adored her little fur-baby. And I, as the cat-sitter, loved her too. It's so terribly sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Aw, that's so sad Shazanne. That's the thing about pets, they become such a part of the family.

Is anyone really worried that their present isn't as cool as everyone else's? Or am I neurotic??

definitely not neurotic, I feel the same!
    Glad ur dog is doing well. We have to get ours neutered in the new yr and I'm dreading it already.

I ordered mine online and I think it might have been delayed with this blasted weather. Hopefully will be here before the wkend so I can get it in the post. Will pm aj if I don't get to post it before the wkend.

Hurrah...I was the first to receive secret santa pressie! Can't wait to open it :D

Thankfully, the present I bought has arrived too, so I'm going to parcel it up and hopefully i'll be able to get out to the post office before the post goes this evening.
    Today is the first day in three days that we've received post.

This is so exciting...major thanks to AJ for the idea and for organising it all.

Here, here! Hats of the AJ! She must have been inspired about the crap weather and budget threats and so decided to cheer us all up!:D
    My pressies are in the hands of An Post since yesterday - although they are both going to parts of the country that are very badly hit by the weather so I hope they get there soon.
    Mine haven't arrived yet but part of the fun is the expectation;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh I havent posted mine yet, will package it all up tonight and post them tomorrow :D

Thanks AJ...you are great!

ETA: figured out my second one!

Shazanne wrote: »
    Here, here! Hats of the AJ! She must have been inspired about the crap weather and budget threats and so decided to cheer us all up!:D
    My pressies are in the hands of An Post since yesterday - although they are both going to parts of the country that are very badly hit by the weather so I hope they get there soon.
    Mine haven't arrived yet but part of the fun is the expectation;)

Or maybe she is just seriously lacking in something to do :p The postie is still getting to my house somehow, fair play to him! Remember to confirm by thumbs up to the posts on the first page when you have posted your package(s) and when your own pressies arrive! Save me from sending out unnecessary PMs :p

kildareash wrote: »
    Hurrah...I was the first to receive secret santa pressie! Can't wait to open it :D

No cheating!!! 22nd is 'grand pressie opening day'

• Advertisement

No cheating!!! 22nd is 'grand pressie opening day'

I've put the box away so there's no temptations! Haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement