Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Babybuff wrote: »
    fasting til sunday (juice & water) into second day and it feels good. In other news my kitchen units fell off the wall at the weekend and this is why you should never ask family to help you do diy.

How come you're fasting?

I've spent the last hour playing Tetris. :o

Night night Posy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    How come you're fasting?

I've spent the last hour playing Tetris. :o

Night night Posy. :)
    I'm trying to heal myself :o probably sounds a bit crazy but sometimes it's good to give your body a break from food. Put's your head in a different place too. I have a few digestive problems and I'm curious to see if it helps. I've been stressed out the last while and just felt it was good timing to do something to give myself a fresh start.

Was walking past a second hand book stall last week and picked up an old book about ancient health secrets from Europe and seemingly fasting is right up there as a really effective way to give yourself a boost. (it wouldn't be unusual for me to fast on a semi regular basis anyway) Is fairly common in Nordic countries to fast a couple of times a year. Apparently after the first three days the body starts to burn and digest it's own tissues (process known as autolysis) but it burns only the substances and tissues that are diseased or damaged first. So it's cleansing and beneficial, if done right I suppose. I'll give it a go anyway.

With any luck I might die off by Friday and hopefully I'll be back in time for tea on Sunday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Watching Outrageous Food on the Food Network and painting my nails a pretty pink :) I do wish I could get some sleep but my mind is way too active yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm trying to heal myself :o probably sounds a bit crazy but sometimes it's good to give your body a break from food. Put's your head in a different place too. I have a few digestive problems and I'm curious to see if it helps. I've been stressed out the last while and just felt it was good timing to do something to give myself a fresh start.
    Kind of like a detox, I guess. But how will you survive until Sunday without passing out or something? It sounds like such a long time. I did a 24hr charity fast a few years ago and that was bad enough! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

fasting til sunday (juice & water) into second day and it feels good. In other news my kitchen units fell off the wall at the weekend and this is why you should never ask family to help you do diy.

Sounds interesting! So it's just juices & water? What kinda juices?

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Kind of like a detox, I guess. But how will you survive until Sunday without passing out or something? It sounds like such a long time. I did a 24hr charity fast a few years ago and that was bad enough! :pac:
    I have a juicer (more like a smoother) and I drink water. As long as you keep hydrated fasting for a few days is perfectly safe. I don't plan on doing anything too strenuous but headaches and dizzyness are par for the course, so I'm kind of expecting that. I don't have a great appetite a lot of the time anyway but I'm keeping myself comforted with cups of tea (camomile is good for detoxing) and the odd cup of coffee too.
    Sounds interesting! So it's just juices & water? What kinda juices?
    Last night and today I just blended an apple a pear and a banana and tomorrow I'm going to blend celery, carrot and tomato for dinner :)
    will have fruit one later in the evening after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

6th anniversary with my boyfriend today, went to the movies.

The Hunger Games was very enjoyable :) I hadn't really known much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Well yesterday I found out what rancid chicken smells like. Oh dear jaysus. Can't seem to the get smell memory out of my nose. Is that a thing? A smell memory? It's bloody gross!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^Yep, I get that! Weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Haven't been on here in a while! Currently re-vamping my FYP and really looking forward to the weekend, getting to spend some very nerdy time with boybestie on Friday and getting to see all 3 of my best friends in the same county on the same weekend for the first time in about four years. Can. Not. Wait.

Hope everyones been keeping well - No way in hell I'd have time to look through about two weeks of pages so if anyone wants to summarise, please do! Happy Tuesday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Is that a thing? A smell memory?

It is a thing.

More than that, memories associated with smells and flavours are far more vivid than other types. Any time I smell rose-petal talc it's like my brain brings all the elements together and I can remember my Granny perfectly. Eating grill-toasted batch bread with butter I can picture her kitchen table in detail, down to the tiny splashes of paint and nicks from knives over the years.

:) Lovely dreams last night.
    :( Coldsore this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It is a thing.

More than that, memories associated with smells and flavours are far more vivid than other types. Any time I smell rose-petal talc it's like my brain brings all the elements together and I can remember my Granny perfectly. Eating grill-toasted batch bread with butter I can picture her kitchen table in detail, down to the tiny splashes of paint and nicks from knives over the years.

:) Lovely dreams last night.
    :( Coldsore this morning.

That's a lovely memory :) All kinds of smells bring me back to certain times of my life. Imperial Leather soap reminds me of my maternal grandparents, while the smell of Silk Cut purple brings me back to when my Dad's mum was alive :D

Too comfy to get up. :o

Have to pay nearly 140 for my Mullingar thing so that's all of my dole money gone. Need to give my mam her money too so after that I'm gonna have less than 50 probably. I'm so lucky I don't pay bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Was walking past a second hand book stall last week and picked up an old book about ancient health secrets from Europe and seemingly fasting is right up there as a really effective way to give yourself a boost. (it wouldn't be unusual for me to fast on a semi regular basis anyway) Is fairly common in Nordic countries to fast a couple of times a year. Apparently after the first three days the body starts to burn and digest it's own tissues (process known as autolysis) but it burns only the substances and tissues that are diseased or damaged first. So it's cleansing and beneficial, if done right I suppose. I'll give it a go anyway.

With any luck I might die off by Friday and hopefully I'll be back in time for tea on Sunday ;)

I remember reading research somewhere that said people who fast regularly (eg Muslims who follow Ramadan strictly) have on average a longer lifespan than people who don't...I'll try to find a link...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ugh fever of 39.5 after my rubella vaccine..feel crap and the baby is picking up on it, he has been so grizzly the last 2 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Two of the men I work with (both from the Carribean, where they say it's not unusual) were explaining to me that they fast one day every week and have done for decades. One of them has relaxed it to a fruit-only 24hrs and the other just doesn't take in anything calorific at all in that period, so just water, herbal teas, black coffee etc. They're both in their 50s and look 20 years younger!

This has reminded me to try it again- I did some reading at the time and tried a 24 hr fast (only made it to 22hrs:o). Felt really light and clean after it and it improved my eating for the next day, as you can't really stomach massive portions so I was eating small, healthy meals.

You do have to plan it for a time when you don't have much on though, which was my downfall- I also found lunchtime-lunchtime easiest as you can sleep through the hungriest bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Ugh fever of 39.5 after my rubella vaccine..feel crap and the baby is picking up on it, he has been so grizzly the last 2 days...

I swear they have baby radar - if I'm not well or have a deadline for college work coming up you can be guaranteed she'll act up!

I think I could be coming down with something myself, feeling a bit off and extra tired, and my lady has been like a lunatic the last few days. Constantly running around, ripping the DVD's off the shelf (12 times yesterday), climbing on the coffee table and emptying the recycling bin, wanting to be up the whole time, refusing to nap and waking at night. Even an hour and a half running around the playground yesterday afternoon didn't help tire her out.

Is that contraception enough for the rest of you ladies? :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Good morning Loungers :)

Only three days until I get to see my DELICIOUS baby niece who informed her Mumma that Auntie Maple is her very best friend. Not just best friend, but VERY best friend.

Oh I cannot wait to breathe her in and squeeze the chubby babyness of her. Happiness is that child, in all her blonde curly haired glory. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Bed time at last :D
    Subway for breakfast was so wrong but oh so right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Well he moaned about my driving, told him next time he can walk.... I'm too fast, I'm too slow I'm too far to the left, I'm too far to the right..... Arrrrgggggg

His not allowed to drive till 4pm today....

• Advertisement

Nutella on toast is amazing. Oh yes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Well he moaned about my driving, told him next time he can walk.... I'm too fast, I'm too slow I'm too far to the left, I'm too far to the right..... Arrrrgggggg

His not allowed to drive till 4pm today....

My friends dad used tell her she sped up going into bends then one day after a few years hr said 'you always do it aoife, you never slow down quick enough going into bends!!'
    all hell broke loose :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Omg...theres romanians on my bus and theyre staring and laughing at a girl in a wheelchair...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I am the lady who buys her children abnoxious tshirts..
    Behold..
    http://www.cafepress.com/+german_shepherd_gifts_infant_tshirt,514010888

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Omg...theres romanians on my bus and theyre staring and laughing at a girl in a wheelchair...
    That is horrible. If you tell the driver they usually do something about it. Poor girl, she must be so upset. I hate ignorant people like that.
    javagal wrote: »
    I am the lady who buys her children abnoxious tshirts..
    Behold..
    http://www.cafepress.com/+german_shepherd_gifts_infant_tshirt,514010888

That is brilliant, I wonder do they do them in Japanese Spitz versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Lola92 wrote: »
    That is horrible. If you tell the driver they usually do something about it. Poor girl, she must be so upset. I hate ignorant people like that.

That is brilliant, I wonder do they do them in Japanese Spitz versions?

I seen that in a "my best friend is"
    from buying that tee I got a 20dollar voucher and bought
    http://www.cafepress.com/+kids_future_computer_engineer_organic_baby_tshirt,592215911

javagal wrote: »
    I seen that in a "my best friend is"

I've found the perfect one! :D
    japanese_spitz_t.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Casual Tuesday, finishing early, company meeting in the pub - I suppose life could be worse...

I'm going to flip at my mother today. She's doing her usual "I'm sick of that laptop thing" routine. I'm sick of this. She does actually think I'm addicted to it. I just think it's because she doesn't understand it tbh. Oh it's so annoying. I can't try to reason with her all I want but she just will not listen. Actually she won't listen to me about anything so that's nothing new. :mad:

As well as that, my friend is leaving today. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why oh why can't I ever stop eating chocolate. I have problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »

Because its awesome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Just watched the Digital Rights Forum discussion on the copyright issue.

I have an intense desire to punch someone in the face :mad: Must be because I'm an angry keyboard warrior.

DeVore was brilliant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Acoshla wrote: »

Probably shouldn't remind you what next weekend is...

:P

krudler wrote: »
    Because its awesome?

My insides won't agree when I die of diabetes.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Probably shouldn't remind you what next weekend is...

:P

Pretty sure egg won't last til then, and I'll be working with sweet foods all weekend so will be craving savoury things :)

Nutella on toast is amazing. Oh yes. :D

for mothers day my daughter made me french toast with nutella for breakfast. Egg with a dash of cinnamon and icing sugar beaten, dip nutella toasted sandwich in and fry. dust with icing sugar. ridiculously sickeningly sweet but tasty. (and everyone can have a bite, that way you don't have to eat it all :))

into 48 hours of fast and it's not right to be even talking about that kind of thing.
    *slurps tea.

edit:ooh and bananas, don't forget the bananas

• Advertisement

This is just amazing. I cried watching this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Finally got a working tracking number for my dress! It was shipped from Shanghai on Sunday so should have it sometime next week :D

In other news I think I'll be asleep by 10 tonight, bloody knackered I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Something similar happened on a bus a few weeks ago I was on.

A young teenage Chinese lad got on and the group of teenagers down the back started to shout up "Hello, Can I have a fried rice with that" in Chinese accents.

Many people turned around and looked at them but they carried on. I had enough and stood up and roared at them all to STFU and cop themselves on. Told them they were clueless and big lads in a group but ultimately they were a**holes. The whole bus was staring at me but I was so annoyed and far gone in my rant that I didn't care:eek:

Feck it, that's the problem with society today and these types of teenagers, people are afraid to stand up and tell them to cop on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah lads...I just bought a PS3 out of boredom.

I should not be allowed to be bored or allowed near the money I have earned.

Applied for a job at Twitter. Sure, why not?

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

I wish I could do that! As of today I have €43 in my purse and it's to do until this day next week. Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

didnt realise they had offices here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Just watched the Digital Rights Forum discussion on the copyright issue.

I have an intense desire to punch someone in the face :mad: Must be because I'm an angry keyboard warrior.

DeVore was brilliant though.

It was class, DeVore completely outclassed Sherlock! My god he's a spanner. Finally feel like he's being exposed for how clueless he is.

Anyone interested in watching you can see it here:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/live-sean-sherlock-participates-in-debate-on-digital-rights-405553-Apr2012/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Feeling really down the past few days so decided to ring a local hospital that has a Psychology section to find out about prices, €180 for 'around an hour'. :(

Had a dream last night that I won money in the lotto, but I had to carry it home in a shopping bag so got a taxi to bring me from the local shop to my house (two minutes walk) and when the taxi was driving up my road the driver didn't stop at me house, he kept going and crashed into my neighbours car and then started shouting "everyone get out in case it explodes", but there was only myself and driver in the car, no one else. :confused: Very, very weird dream to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish I could do that! As of today I have €43 in my purse and it's to do until this day next week. Boo.

Aw that is really crap. I haven't had time to spend the money I have been earning and I've been better off like that!

People cancelling on me with no consideration for my time or work REALLY p*ss me off :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't get excited. I applied for one on Jan 1st. Job is still being advertised. I'm sure half the country has applied for that one by now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

10,000 words down and my work experience diary is submitted and no more. :)

I feel happy and also very, very tired. Stayed up 'til 2am doing it and then friend snored all night long. Well, 'til 7am that is, when we got up and continued working. I actually feel like I wasn't asleep, 'cause I kept dreaming about doing the diary!

On the upside, my course coordinator gave me such a nice reference today. I probably wasn't supposed to read it but it was oh so lovely. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Mars Bar wrote: »

Swish swhoo........rich kid:D

Only joking......Enjoy:p

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Feeling really down the past few days so decided to ring a local hospital that has a Psychology section to find out about prices, €180 for 'around an hour'. :(

Muffin, there are counsellors and psychologists who work on a 'what the client can afford' basis or at least for far less than €180 an hour. I know because one of my relations is a counsellor and operates in this manner.

I can't remember the exact term for them but it's worth checking if there are any in your area.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement