Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Somnus wrote: »
    Don't seem to see any prices for the dates yet. Would love to see him again but so broke lately

Price Range seems to be £25 - £35 GBP's

http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/steven-wilson/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

RayCon wrote: »
    Price Range seems to be £25 - £35 GBP's

http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/steven-wilson/

Haha, you know I'm pretty sure I tried clicking those links earlier.... Obviously not with it at the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's Friday, 9AM, and 2/3 of the UK gigs are on sale: Cambridge, Cardiff, Manchester, East London. Only some seats e.g. Circle only in Manchester, no floor seats there or Cardiff.
    Edinburgh and Wolverhampton not on sale yet, for some reason.

edit: Edinburgh tickets are on sale at the Queen's Hall website: here - I have one in the south side gallery.

Wolverhampton: on sale here.

A bit shambolic, to have venues listed on the 3rd-party site that Steven's own website points at, just to vanish from the site the minute the tickets actually go on sale ..!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Anyone know why the £35 tickets for the Manchester gig aren't available to buy online?

What's the difference between them and the £25 ones?

Minjor wrote: »
    Anyone know why the £35 tickets for the Manchester gig aren't available to buy online?

What's the difference between them and the £25 ones?
    It's the section: floor seats will be closer to the stage and thus more expensive - and they're not on that tickets site. So I checked the Bridgewater Hall site, and sure enough, they're on sale there. Some £32.50 seats left on the side stalls.

In short, don't trust what it says on gigsandtours.com ... :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement

6 of us managed to get pretty sweet Center Circle seats for the Manchester show.

Agree the sale was a little all over the shop ... some venues going on sale at 9am , others at 10am.

Our preference was Edinburgh ... but it was a 10am sale start , so the dilemma was wait til 10am and see if we managed to get some (capacity was only 900) but in doing so, miss the opportunity to get our 2nd preference venue, Manchester, secured at 9am ...

We erred on the side of caution and went with the 9am Manchester tickets - got good seats , so not complaining but ....

I logged onto Ticketmaster @ 9.45 and Edinburgh tickets were on sale. I could have had my pick of pretty much anywhere in the venue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mate sorted a Manchester ticket for me. Very excited for it now, must book the travel now!

Man utd playing a home match on weekend of this gig, so if its not switched to Sunday flights will be busy. Hopefully itll be a saturday morning job, get cheaper flights all round.

Mushy wrote: »
    Man utd playing a home match on weekend of this gig, so if its not switched to Sunday flights will be busy. Hopefully itll be a saturday morning job, get cheaper flights all round.

Any hints or tips on decent priced hotels in Manchester ?

Any hints or tips on decent priced hotels in Manchester ?

I honestly woukdnt know of any, I just hsve a lot of time on my hands so looking into flights. Id just be staying travelodge if the flight home isnt first one next morning. Do know one friend is staying in some hotel but hasnt booked. Venue seems central anyway so will be easy to get a spot.

• Advertisement

There are a couple of Ibis Budget hotels in Manchester: one on Pollard St., one out at Salford Quays. I'm familiar with the chain - cheap & clean - but not the Manchester ones specifically. (I've booked an Edinburgh one, out near the airport.) The Salford Quays one is a bit further away, but is closer to its Metrolink tram stop from the centre, and is a bit cheaper than Pollard St. (£59 vs £72) for a room with double & single (bunk) beds on 14 March. .

Them or travelodge, seem to be in and around the same price so its grand. Travelodge have an extra location or twona bit more pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

New feature. Liking what I hear

Love the bit where they're in the room all listening back and bopping their heads along! Sounds class too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

I think he really upped his game on the Raven... I have inflating expectations with the more I see/hear of this album. I like the way they appear to write the songs too. Just a bunch of extremely talented musicians in a room inspiring each other.

Fcuk me, I can't wait for this album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

The title track from Hand Cannot Erase can be bought on iTunes now.

It stood out as a song as I was looking forward to hearing when I saw an extract in the first preview video, I really like it.

Is that the 1 minute teaser or the song? Constantly looking for flights now, its really annoying me!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Balls was holding out to listen to that song later after work, didn't think it'd be taken down :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Is that the 1 minute teaser or the song? Constantly looking for flights now, its really annoying me!

It was the full song ... luckily I ripped it before it was taken down (don't worry I've already Pre-Ordered the album) .... a mate of mine had a few listens and said "sounds a little like Manic Street Preachers" ... I had another listen and had to agree ... that's not saying the song is bad by the way .... it's a pop tune .. it'll probably be the light in an album full of shade .. can't wait to hear it in the context of the whole album.

Damnit, would love to hear it in full. There was one song in the studio clips that sounded poppy, I assume it'll be that one.

:eek: I deleted the ripped file in error !!! ... Balls.

@Mushy .. I set up a Skyscanner alert for Manchester flights and got a ping on Dec 23rd to say there had been a price drop. Managed to get :

Dub->Man
    Outbound 10.35am Sat 14th

Man->Dub
    Inbound 8am Sun 15th .......... for €53.

A few of the other lads got

Dub->Man

Man->Dub
    Inbound 1.30pm (they get a lie-in) Sun 15th .. for €88

:eek: I deleted the ripped file in error !!! ... Balls.

@Mushy .. I set up a Skyscanner alert for Manchester flights and got a ping on Dec 23rd to say there had been a price drop. Managed to get :

Dub->Man

Man->Dub
    Inbound 8am Sun 15th .......... for €53.

A few of the other lads got

Dub->Man

Man->Dub
    Inbound 1.30pm (they get a lie-in) Sun 15th .. for €88

Oh man, thats rough!

Yeah I got my flight over there last night for €20. The return flight said €34 on google flights, went into Ryanair and it was coming up at €43. Aiming for the 8am flight, not booking accommodation, the auld airport sleepover job will do for that hour. Would loved to have got a later flight than 6.30 on the Saturday though. Half tempted at looking into going to the football when there though. Or be around the stadium for the craic.

Half tempted at looking into going to the football when there though. Or be around the stadium for the craic.

As a Liverpool supporter I find that post offensive ... reported*

* :D

As a Liverpool supporter I find that post offensive ... reported*
    * :D

Not a Utd fan, I come in peace!

It'll give us something to do is all, sure the other option is shopping:eek:

sure the other option is shopping:eek:

If I know the lads I'm traveling with like I know I do ... we'll spend the day traipsing around Manchester looking in record shops (Fopp, Vinyl Exchange etc) and possibly charity shops for bargain / rare vinyl.

That sounds alright then. As I said, will be in Manchester by 8am, plenty of time to find stuff to do, along with the inevitable prog weekend curry and beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Have heard the new song, and it is a lot more poppy sounding than usual Steven Wilson. Would agree that there is a slight Manic Street Preachers vibe to it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Anil Prasad of Innerviews conducted recently an interview with long-time Porcupine Tree bassist and composer Colin Edwin. Asked about the status of Porcupine Tree, Edwin commented:

“The status is we haven’t had any discussions on when to do anything. At the moment, the band exists as an entity. I hope we won’t leave it too long, because we really have put a lot of work into building up the band. I know there still is a lot of interest in Porcupine Tree. It would be a shame to let that pass. We haven’t had any discussion about knocking it on the head. I think at some point there will be more Porcupine Tree, it’s just a case of when. I don’t think it’s anytime soon. I’m not going to hang around and wait for it, because everyone is doing their own thing.“

Porcupine Tree released their tenth studio album “The Incident” in 2009, followed by the 2010 world tour after which the band went on hiatus.

“When we made The Incident, we spent a couple of weeks in the studio. It was just the four of us working up the material and coming up with new stuff. It was very productive. I don’t doubt that would be the case again if we got back together. I don’t think we would be scratching our heads wondering what to do. I’m sure we’d come up with something good,” Edwin said.

http://www.innerviews.org/inner/edwin2.html

Advertisement