Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrig Mill - Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MBH

I'm in phase 1 and have looked into Sky, Eircom etc It's up to you but I would stay well clear of UPC

I ordered Sky TV but you would have to get eircom in to permit Sky broadband (they use Eircom lines). However, that means you would be paying Eircom a 12 month contract for the line and then Sky on top of that so it's a duplication of payment. So the broadband option was Eircom or trying the likes of Vodafone. I would double check the above just in case! as inconsistent advice is fairly common with these service providers.

Having said all this, I had to cancel the Sky TV installation this week as I still have not closed, the frustrations of same being well documented I see in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beaconballs

Thanks MBH for the update. So so hard to know what to do. The predicament I have is do I do a Sky 'home mover' or cancel and setup a new account. No doubt I'll choose the wrong option ha.

Also the million dollar question is; I wonder what broadband speed there will be.

Finally the bins... Who, when and how much. I'm just so excited and want to be in :-(

Not sure about the broadband speed. It better be good! Regarding bins, I haven't considered that yet! I was on top of things a few weeks ago but then just got so pissed off with the delays I've just kind of left things now; but I will pass on any useful info if things start moving again. The delays have seriously messed me about so I really hope it can be sorted soon.

...I feel some good news coming... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

...I feel some good news coming... ;-)

??? Fairly cryptic some inside knowledge?

Hey Johnny!

Haha. Some 'knowledge' yes, however not inside at all. I'm just praying today will be a good news day for CM!

It's like this whole process, impossible to know what to think/believe and I don't want to build any hopes up. Saying that... let's all watch this space I suppose :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shellymf

Beaconballs I would not be getting your hopes up today. No one in phase one has actually closed out on their sale yet. We are still waiting on the elusive number from the Revenue to come down. In fact some of the people in phase 1 haven't received any closing documents yet. I would think that those trying to buy a house in phase II should probably not get their hopes up of closing until November. The estate agent is now having to arrange for temporary accommodation for some of those in phase I, week to week lettings.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I have never in all my life been so frustrated with a process as I have been with trying to buy a house in CM.

It's like this whole process, impossible to know what to think/believe and I don't want to build any hopes up. Saying that... let's all watch this space I suppose :-)

Haha. Some 'knowledge' yes, however not inside at all. I'm just praying today will be a good news day for CM!

Hey Johnny!

At this stage I'm not doing any wishful thinking. Estate agent has told us early November so I'm working to that. anything better will be a bonus. I'd be delighted if it was earlier.

Johnny K wrote: »
    At this stage I'm not doing any wishful thinking. Estate agent has told us early November so I'm working to that. anything better will be a bonus. I'd be delighted if it was earlier.

Agreed. We were told late Aug, then Sept and now October. I think shellymf was told June/July which we can all appreciate that's very frustrating but what can be done. I know my solicitor is working as hard as he can and I can't expect anymore than that.

It's all so exciting, the feeling of Christmas Eve where you want the present so bad but can't have it :-)

• Advertisement

Any update folks? :-)

Any update folks? :-)

No move in date yet. Told the tax number issue is sorted but awaiting legals and snag list completion. I'm phase 2 but I think phase 1 starting to complete next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmck1985

Put a deposit on a phase 2 cancellation yesterday-very excited!

Some great information through this thread in advance of viewing-thanks to all! Got told November move in but based on this won't be putting any bets on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FeeC

Phase 1 aswell, has anyone else had issues outstanding other than that PPS number? Our solicitor awaiting something to do with planning and proof of home bond or equivalent... Likewise can't wait to get in, not having a date to plan to is so frustrating!

I don't think these houses have a home bond guarantee?

I've sent an email to the agent over the weekend to ask this - if not, I believe a surveyor is required to box tick that they are structurally sound..

Cmck1985 wrote: »
    I don't think these houses have a home bond guarantee?

I've sent an email to the agent over the weekend to ask this - if not, I believe a surveyor is required to box tick that they are structurally sound..

Great to know Cmck - Thanks a lot. All info is great to know

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

I'm in phases 1 a lot of problems with developers solicitor no sense of eagerness from him. A lot of documentation missing. Tax reference no was worrying now no home bond is another worry. The whole thing is a mess. We also have no close date

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

Let us know with auctioneer says I.e home bond

So spoke to them today - they say the home bond scheme is now defunct..some people get a structural survey done as part of their snag list & get their architect/engineer to do both at the same time - it is optional. Has said its a good idea for a 2nd hand house (from this I'm guessing its probably not too applicable to a new home)

About maintenance of the common areas/green areas etc (seen this discussed higher up the thread) - the builder looks after period of time (probably up to 1 year - depending on how long they remain onsite) at that point its handed over to co.co but in most situations residents tend to setup their own committee/step in

I asked any progress on move in's also - they said hoping to complete closing on 1 -2 more by Friday & another couple next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbiwoman

We are in phase 2 and we're considering having the attic converted. Now we have been told that if we are putting attic velux windows to rear of the house (PP not required) the solar panel on the rear must be moved. Has anyone else come across this issue? I am surprised that something like this can be overlooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Cmck1985 wrote: »
    So spoke to them today - they say the home bond scheme is now defunct..some people get a structural survey done as part of their snag list & get their architect/engineer to do both at the same time - it is optional. Has said its a good idea for a 2nd hand house (from this I'm guessing its probably not too applicable to a new

I think Homebond might be a little upset to hear their scheme is defunct.
    I think the pyrite scandal and their response had a negative impact on them.

As far as a structural survey is concerned I would certainly get one done. If you have structural problems in the future you will have some comeback. Look what has happened to residents in Longboat Quay.
    I think it would be well worthwhile even at a time when your funds are stretched. Might be worth trying to get a couple of purchasers together and try getting a discount from a surveyor.
    I don't know anything about the developer here and I am not suggesting there are any issues but for your own comfort after a significant outlay , it may be worth it. Ask others for advice, including your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Bobbiwoman wrote: »
    We are in phase 2 and we're considering having the attic converted. Now we have been told that if we are putting attic velux windows to rear of the house (PP not required) the solar panel on the rear must be moved. Has anyone else come across this issue? I am surprised that something like this can be overlooked.
    Have you checked with Wicklow Co.Co. that PP is NOT required for velux windows at rear of house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbiwoman

No I have not checked with WCC re PP. If attic conversion is being used for storage purposes, PP is not required to install velux windows to the rear of the house. Is anyone in CM having the same issue with the solar panels?

ours are on the front of the house alright so we won't have any problems putting in velux windows when we get around to converting the attic. Would need planning permission for velux windows to the front of the house but not the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Bobbiwoman wrote: »
    if we are putting attic velux windows to rear of the house (PP not required) the solar panel on the rear must be moved. Has anyone else come across this issue? I am surprised that something like this can be overlooked.
    Velux windows are probably not supposed to be part of the design, so you can't really say anything was "overlooked". Bear in mind that if you don't put the panel back on the same side of the roof (probably south facing or thereabouts) the house no longer complies with the building regulations. Which could have some legal implications in terms of drawing down a mortgage.
    On the bright side, its a simple enough matter to move Solar PV panel because no plumbing involved (if you can find an alternative space for it)

Houses in Phase 1 finally starting to close. Two closed yesterday! Only 48 more left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kennethGoonery

Was onsite with the builder today ( we're buying in phase 2) and they are just waiting on the ESB to connect our house,

Once we have the esb meter installed and they drop the applicances in, we will be ready for snagging.

I guesstimate we will close on our house End of November / Early December...

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 memuscles

Was onsite with the builder today ( we're buying in phase 2) and they are just waiting on the ESB to connect our house,

Once we have the esb meter installed and they drop the applicances in, we will be ready for snagging.

I guesstimate we will close on our house End of November / Early December...

Fingers crossed.

Are you in the first or second part of 2nd phase? Phase 2 has now been split in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kennethGoonery

To be honest I was unaware that phase 2 was split in two...

I suspect I'm in the first release because we'll be ready for snagging in the very near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 memuscles

To be honest I was unaware that phase 2 was split in two...

I suspect I'm in the first release because we'll be ready for snagging in the very near future.

First part of phase 2 are the west facing houses.

Advertisement