Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Are you referring to that childish comment he made afterwards?

In a sense, everything that comes out of his mouth is childish. People can get their knickers in a twist or take it on face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

xtal191 wrote: »
    Makes no difference, Edgar will prob beat Swanson.

i would have cub slight favourite against Frankie..Looking back wasnt Frankie very small for a LW champ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv a feeling Conor didn't even realise how much of an offensive thing it was to say ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

ASOT wrote: »
    http://mmaleak.com/2014/11/19/dana-white-cub-swanson-to-get-title-shot-next/

Conors not getting the next shot according to Dana, take it with a mountain of salt obviously because 24 hours before this he had sad Anderson & Conor would get a shot if they both won.

That is if Cub wins....

Iv a feeling Conor didn't even realise how much of an offensive thing it was to say ,

And yeah, I dont think he realizes half the things he says until afterward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Ok I think we all agree it wasn't the best thing to say.

Shall we move on? Is Dana now back tracking on a title shot if/when Conor beats Siver?

Its frustrating as a fan I can only imagine if you were a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

http://mmaleak.com/2014/11/19/dana-white-cub-swanson-to-get-title-shot-next/

Conors not getting the next shot according to Dana, take it with a mountain of salt obviously because 24 hours before this he had sad Anderson & Conor would get a shot if they both won.

I think that's directly related to Conor's comments to be honest. The UFC can't have a champion (if he wins) going around making those sort of xenophobic slurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/19/toucher-rich-mma-fighter-conor-mcgregor-in-studio/

McGregor's interview on local Boston radio...he currently weighs 168lbs now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Putinovsky wrote: »
    I think that's directly related to Conor's comments to be honest. The UFC can't have a champion (if he wins) going around making those sort of xenophobic slurs.

Might be the proverbial slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ok I think we all agree it wasn't the best thing to say.

Shall we move on? Is Dana now back tracking on a title shot if/when Conor beats Siver?

Its frustrating as a fan I can only imagine if you were a fighter.

If Cub beats Frankie he def deserves the next title shot but I cant see him beating Frankie. I dont think Dana ever said Conor would be next in line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xtal191 wrote: »
    If Cub beats Frankie he def deserves the next title shot but I cant see him beating Frankie. I dont think Dana ever said Conor would be next in line.

I think the exact worlds were if Conor wins the next fight, he COULD get the next shot. Not that he would.
    Ditto for Silva's shot at 185.

I think the obvious solution from the UFC part is to remain non committal and hep the matchs sort out the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Conor will most definitely get the next title shot with a victory..... No doubt whatsoever!

As one of the greatest wordsmiths of our time so famously said;

"It's all about the MONEY MONEY MONEY!" Jessie J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Once Frankie beats Cub and Conor beats Siver I'll be very confident that he'll get the next TS, if Cub wins it's not a sure thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It's actually getting pretty messy at this stage. Dana seems to be going back and forward on who gets the title shot when it suits him and now the promo that aired multiple during TUF last night in the US for Edgar vs Cub had Rogan clearly say the winner this weekend will get a title shot.

In the end they'll do whatever suits them but it would be great if they'd stop promoting two fights within a month of each other as if they're both good for a title shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

There are so many fights between the Edgar/ Swanson fight and the McGregor/Siver fight that people will forget about the winner of this weekends fight id say. The UFC want a McGregor title fight, its gonna be a huge payday for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

Why don't people think Frankie will get the next shot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

smilerf wrote: »
    Why don't people think Frankie will get the next shot?

because he fought Aldo pretty recently

Edgar, Mendes and Lamas have fought him too recently. It's between Cub and Conor as of now, so if Cub loses it's pretty much Conor's shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Edgar, Mendes and Lamas have fought him too recently. It's between Cub and Conor as of now, so if Cub loses it's pretty much Conor's shot.

Exactly, and I can see it pan out that way too.

because he fought Aldo pretty recently

Devils advocate here,
    Edgar fought Aldo as recently as Mendes did. (ie He was directly after Mendes last time)
    So this isn't really a reason not to give him a shot. But the UFC could use it as a reason if it suits them.

Conor will most definitely get the next title shot with a victory..... No doubt whatsoever!

That isn't true

If Swanson can put away Edgar within 2 rounds or so he may get the title shot regardless of the McGregor fight. It would take a huge amount to do so, but its not improbable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

It's not about who deserves it. It's about which fight will make the UFC more money. That's the biggest factor in their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Mellor wrote: »
    That isn't true

I have no doubts that if Conor is healthy, they will pull the trigger on him getting the title shot.

End of the day it is a business and the recent S&P report states that they expect UFC revenue to decrease by 40% for 2014. That means they will be ensuring all they can to maximise revenue for 2015 to bounce back.

McGregor v Aldo is much more bankable than Swanson v Aldo.

Ideal for UFC is McGregor to win title from Aldo and then do that grudge maytch between McGregor v Swanson.

P.S. Really like Cub, exciting fighter and a nice guy (spoke to him for a bit at the FN in Dublin, about golf of all things!),... but nice guys finish last!

Overall we agree to disagree!

• Advertisement

I have no doubts that if Conor is healthy, they will pull the trigger on him getting the title shot.

End of the day it is a business and the recent S&P report states that they expect UFC revenue to decrease by 40% for 2014. That means they will be ensuring all they can to maximise revenue for 2015 to bounce back.

Ideal for UFC is McGregor to win title from Aldo and then do that grudge maytch between McGregor v Swanson.

P.S. Really like Cub, exciting fighter and a nice guy (spoke to him for a bit at the FN in Dublin, about golf of all things!),... but nice guys finish last!

If McGregor were to beat Aldo (in a fight next summer) there would be an immediate rematch for Aldo. Which probably wouldn't happen until the end of 2015. Swanson or whoever will be waiting a while for a title shot if Aldo lost the belt to anyone (due toe Aldo most likely getting a rematch as he has held the belt for so long). Sure there could be another rising start in the mix by then....

I fully agree that Conor is more bankable than Cub for the title. I never said he wasn't. I also agree that Conor could east be given the shot for those reasons.

I'm just saying that it's not a 100% guarantee, as you made out. And as others have made out.

For a start, Aldo and Cub/Frankie have 2 months headstart on Conor. Say Cub wins, in order to remove the negativity generated by skipping over Cub for McGregor. They book Cub v Aldo for Feb.
    Conor is undisputedly the next in line, coming off a win, literally nobody else around to say they were hard done.
    Aldo wins. Conor's in the crowd, they bring him into the octagon. The stadium event is announced in June.
    The hype train roars.

Conor brings in more money but Cub's hardly boring when it comes to marketing. He doesn't talk like Conor but he has the best win streak in the division and has been KOing guys for fun since his last loss. Beating Frankie would be a huge scalp as well, and I think that Aldo v Cub could make for a great fight on the feet. There will be a lot of pressure for Cub to get the shot if he beats Frankie, they could be in talks before Conor has even fought Siver. I don't think he'll beat Frankie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Conor brings in more money but Cub's hardly boring when it comes to marketing. He doesn't talk like Conor but he has the best win streak in the division and has been KOing guys for fun since his last loss. Beating Frankie would be a huge scalp as well, and I think that Aldo v Cub could make for a great fight on the feet. There will be a lot of pressure for Cub to get the shot if he beats Frankie, they could be in talks before Conor has even fought Siver. I don't think he'll beat Frankie though.

i think he will nick it against frankie, ill be having some of that 13/8 its looking pretty generous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Is it possible to be Irish not a fan of McGregor. I would genuinely shout for the other guy. I suppose that is normal for yanks as they don't always back their own fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to be Irish not a fan of McGregor. I would genuinely shout for the other guy. I suppose that is normal for yanks as they don't always back their own fighters.

I'm Irish and I can't stand the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

well golly gosh, there is such a surprise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Welcome back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

well golly gosh, there is such a surprise :rolleyes:
    Gumbi wrote: »
    Welcome back.

Hi guys!

Missed you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone pick up some of his detrone stuff??

Got 6 top for 30 euro
    fantastic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

but1er wrote: »

Got 6 top for 30 euro
    fantastic stuff

Great sale, how much was delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

but1er wrote: »

Got 6 top for 30 euro
    fantastic stuff

Its not great tbh, all the decent stuff is sold out. By the time it comes back in stock the sale will be over.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Great sale, how much was delivery?

$8

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Its not great tbh, all the decent stuff is sold out. By the time it comes back in stock the sale will be over.

Having said that still ordered 2 x T shirts, pity about the walk out Ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah yeah, Large sold out in most of the good ones. Still ordered 2, chanced the Dublin UFC walkout in Medium. Bought it up in Dublin, got XL but way too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Conor should be banned for at least a yearfor calling siver a nazi. Funny thing is, dennis is russian. I wonder if conor is anti commie as well

jimpump wrote: »
    Conor should be banned for at least a yearfor calling siver a nazi. Funny thing is, dennis is russian. I wonder if conor is anti commie as well
    So much fail in this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

You should be banned for a year for your grammar.

Ironically, that makes me a Nazi.

hefferboi wrote: »
    You should be banned for a year for your grammar.

Ironically, that makes me a Nazi.

Shut up you commieNazi!

A load of conor ass lickers in this thread. Cant wait till aldo knocks conors head clean off....the arrogant ****

Mellor wrote: »
    So much fail in this post.

Theres a reason conor is the most hated guy in mma at the moment. Cant wait till a wrestler or aldo **** up the dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Good shout on the Dethrone sale lads. 3 t-shirts and a scarf for 35e delivered. Very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

A load of conor ass lickers in this thread. Cant wait till aldo knocks conors head clean off....the arrogant ****
    Theres a reason conor is the most hated guy in mma at the moment. Cant wait till a wrestler or aldo **** up the dope

conor-mcgregor.jpg?w=650

conor-mcgregor.jpg?w=650

Oh, so not only is he a racist hes cheating on his girlfriend of 10 years. Yeah ok, some man he is

• Advertisement

Oh, so not only is he a racist hes cheating on his girlfriend of 10 years. Yeah ok, some man he is

Conor has some ability to get inside peoples heads...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement