Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just seen a gang broke into the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes and stole a load of the F1 trophys ....

hmm Vettel was only there a few days ago saying good bye
    vettel_trophies_3130155b.jpg

they say the value of the trophies themselves wouldnt be that much with some being replicas

hope they find who stole them and get them back

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I think they all look like hideous tat and wouldn't give any of them house room. So that's me in the clear. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

TheChrisD wrote: »
    21 is alright; I mean they're not pushing the teams and crews to the extent of something like 38 races in 9 months?

Most NASCAR teams still have two sets of crews and I'd certainly prefer to be flying within the US rather than having to do a load of long haul flights through the year. Speaking from my own experience three years ago I did 20 races, last year 23 and this year 21 and I was absolutely shattered by the end of the it. A 21 race season for F1 is way too long in my opinion and its a view shared by everyone in the paddock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

frostie500 wrote: »
    Most NASCAR teams still have two sets of crews and I'd certainly prefer to be flying within the US rather than having to do a load of long haul flights through the year. Speaking from my own experience three years ago I did 20 races, last year 23 and this year 21 and I was absolutely shattered by the end of the it. A 21 race season for F1 is way too long in my opinion and its a view shared by everyone in the paddock

Is the bigger issue not the scheduling of the races and not the number of races ?

Just out of interest, was there a general 2014 predictions thread?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

hmm Vettel was only there a few days ago saying good bye
    vettel_trophies_3130155b.jpg
    Vettel has said they were his trophies, he just didn't want to fill out the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

21 is probably stretching it, but if Korea doesn't happen then it should be an even 20 alright. I like some of the new tracks, I think they should be there.

I do remember the "golden years" when we'd start with Oz, then Brazil, then have the Euro-season (including Canada) and then Japan at the end. That probably was the easiest the teams had to travel.

Now, it would make sense to group them together, but that's probably what they want to avoid. Someone who doesn't go to Bahrain might go to Aby Dhabi. Someone who didn't make Canada could go to the USA. Having the Canadian / USA one after the other might stop fans from travelling.

As for Ros / Ham, Rosberg would've been widely booed I would imagine if he had "stolen" the title; as it is, he redeemed himself fully with his post race behaviour in Abu Dhabi - the way he went up to Lewis in the green room, his post race interviews... I doubt we'll hear any more booing when he's on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30417196

McLaren will finally reveal their driver lineup tomorrow.

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

About time!

By the time Ron has given one of his long-winded 'Ronspeak' speeches, it'll be Friday by the time the drivers get announced. :D

• Advertisement

I don't have much hope for Button being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I found this video very interesting. Great to have the chance to hear a lot of the radio traffic, especially on the cool down lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

About time!

Come on Jenson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

BBC reporting that Button retain his seat at McLaren for 2015. Delighted for him. He deserved it.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30328327

Hope it's true, will wait till it officially announced before fully believing :)

Hopefully it is accurate. It would've been a disappointing way to end his time in F1 if they had decided not to continue with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Well that least thats sorted, cause ya know, it was getting a bit silly....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Really hoping it's Button, but feel for Magnussen. Wonder if they'll pay for him to get a drive elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Jeez, that must have been the longest rock paper scissors game ever.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's popping up everywhere but I'm not seeing any official confirmation, or any sources being cited...

I wonder did one newspaper jump the gun and the rest followed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I hope it's button it would have been sad for him not been able to finish his career on the track. But Kevin it's young he would have been around the team longer term. It's a hard one to call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

iano.p wrote: »
    I hope it's button it would have been sad for him not been able to finish his career on the track. But Kevin it's young he would have been around the team longer term. It's a hard one to call

They can keep Kevin in the team as a reserve driver. Use Button and Alonso's experience to develop the new car with the new Honda engine. Then when the car is developed drop Kevin back into a seat for 2016 when Button may be looking to retire anyway.

Everyone wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Funnily enough Danish media are reporting the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Funnily enough Danish media are reporting the opposite

Less than an hour before all is revealed

If Button gets it I imagine it'll be a one year contract, and if I was Jenson I'd be on the phone to Claire Williams this afternoon for 2016.

Zcott wrote: »
    If Button gets it I imagine it'll be a one year contract, and if I was Jenson I'd be on the phone to Claire Williams this afternoon for 2016.

Was just looking through the list of drivers and teams there for next year and just had this thought also. Could see Button returning to Williams again.

IIRC Massa's contract ends at the end of 2015 so there might be an option there for him. Not sure about Bottas.

I'd say it'll be Button's last year. Glad he's getting another year at McLaren though, if they are competitive he'll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, at least Magnussen wasn't dumped like Perez.

Advertisement